Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,191 members, 7,835,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (4049 Views)

Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? / Sunday Morning Sex As Couple Before Going To Church. Is It A Sin? / Is It A Sin For A Christian To Fight Back As A Self Defense? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Obafavour(m): 7:10pm On May 12, 2022
Maynman:

What were they referred to as before tertulian called them “chrestian”?
All i knw is that the disciples were once called "nazarenes". As jesus was called "nazareon" meaning nazareth if correct
Re: . by Maynman: 7:12pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

All i knw is that the disciples were once called "nazarenes".
As jesus was called "nazareon" meaning nazareth if correct

So you see where “christ” and “Christians” come from? Roman Catholic. They also complied the Bible and created trinity.

Before Latin jesus was born, there have been Nazarenes.

Re: . by Obafavour(m): 7:15pm On May 12, 2022
Maynman:

This is the history of OLODUMARE don’t confuse it with Yahweh. Can’t you read?
I just realise i've being arguing with a damn fool.
Since we've being arguing do i ever say the supreme being the christians worship is the olodumare the yoruba worship.
If you reason straight you will see that what i've been saying is that, we only call him those names, we're nt refering to those deties simple!!! You no get brain to reason nhi
Re: . by Maynman: 7:17pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

I just realise i've being arguing with a damn fool.
Since we've being arguing do i ever say the supreme being the christians worship is the olodumare the yoruba worship.
If you reason straight you will see that what i've been saying is that, we only call him those names, we're nt refering to those deties simple!!! You no get brain to reason nhi

Ignorant fool, you said Yahweh is olodumare, and I told your dumbass that it’s not.
Olodumare is an entity, Yahweh is another entity. They are not titles.
Why don’t you call Yahweh, Zeus too? He rules heaven and earth since it’s just titles.

Re: . by Obafavour(m): 7:17pm On May 12, 2022
Maynman:

Read, they are also called supreme beings. Who are the “we”??
Do i say they are nt supreme being also? We don't just call our own supreme being those names.
Re: . by Maynman: 7:19pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

Do i say they are nt supreme being also?
We don't just call our own supreme being those names.

You can’t call them because they are not insrealites gods, same as Eledumare, in the myth he is an entity and not just a title.

Re: . by Acehart: 7:20pm On May 12, 2022
Suicide has a deep and lasting impact on those left behind. The scars left by a suicide are painful, and they do not heal easily. Let me give an example: many years ago, when it was a custom to research a family background before marriage is proposed, one of the things families search for amongst other things is the history of suicide in that family. If you lived in those times, and you left a younger sister behind, she would grow old without having a husband (marriage was a pearl in every girl’s heart)- she will be mocked- she may not make it to old age.

Having the feeling of suicide is feeling great men have felt and they overcame it when they remember that as the psalmist said, “My times are in your hands” (Psalm 31:15)

What is Sin? It is many things we do that impact mankind negatively, and are averse to the will of God.

God is the giver of life. He gives it, and He takes it away (Job 1:21). The taking of one’s own life is ungodly because it rejects God’s gift of life. If you don’t regard God, please think of those whose lives will be impacted by your ‘departure’.
Re: . by Obafavour(m): 7:25pm On May 12, 2022
Maynman:

Ignorant fool, you said Yahweh is olodumare, and I told your dumbass that it’s not.
Olodumare is an entity, Yahweh is another entity. They are not titles.
Why don’t you call Yahweh, Zeus too? He rules heaven and hell.
Isreal believed in yahweh and elohim right?
Yoruba believed in olodumare right?
And they are their gods, so we christain decide to call our own supreme being those names also, but not all those deties names.
This thing is not to difficult for a matured man to understand.
I understand you but you just twist points anyhow.
We don't call our own GOD "odin, zeus jupiter and all that" we decide nt to use those names, we only specify.
What of the nazarenes in isreal that call this same supreme being that we worship "yahweh, elohim?
Re: . by Maynman: 7:27pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

And they are their gods, so we christain decide to call our own supreme being those names also, but not all those deties names.
We don't call our own GOD "odin, zeus jupiter and all that" we decide nt to use those names, we only specify.
What of the nazarenes in isreal that call this same supreme being that we worship "yahweh, elohim?

Ancient Greeks too believe in Zeus. “Oloduamare” is not just a name or a title , it’s a being , What’s so hard to comprehend?
Re: . by Obafavour(m): 7:28pm On May 12, 2022
Maynman:

You can’t call them because they are not insrealites gods, same as Eledumare, in the myth he is an entity and not just a title.
So what is your headache in we christians calling our GOD those deties name?
Re: . by Maynman: 7:28pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

Show me the “Christians” that decide to call Yahweh olodumare?
Re: . by Maynman: 7:29pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

So what is your headache in we christians calling our GOD those deties name?

“God” is a title not a person.
Zeus is a God
Yahweh is a God
Eledumare is a God
They are not just names, they are Beings. The “God” is a title.

What’s so hard to understand?
Re: . by Obafavour(m): 7:31pm On May 12, 2022
Maynman:

Ancient Greeks too believe in Zeus. “Oloduamare” is not just a name or a title , it’s a being , What’s so hard to comprehend?
What do you think i've been saying since morning undecided
Are there christians in greece?
Re: . by Maynman: 7:31pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

Before Yahweh was born by Elohim, Nazarenes have been in existence.
Re: . by Maynman: 7:32pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

“Christian” is a Greek word.
Re: . by Maynman: 7:33pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

Olodumare is a being and has his characteristics,he is aloof, is Yahweh aloof?
Olodumare first son is obatala, does Yahweh have a son called Obatala too?
So why are you calling Yahweh, eledumare?
They are 2 different beings.

Re: . by Obafavour(m): 7:35pm On May 12, 2022
Maynman:

“God” is a title not a person. Zeus is a God Yahweh is a God Eledumare is a God They are not names, they are Beings. The “God” is a title.
What’s so hard to understand?
Yahweh is name of the god of israelites. Don't use lies to twist points.
Re: . by Maynman: 7:37pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

Yahweh is name of the god of israelites.
Don't use lies to twist points.

Yes, Israel was given to him as inheritance by his father,Elohim.

Re: . by Obafavour(m): 7:39pm On May 12, 2022
Maynman:

“Christian” is a Greek word.
You can't even diffrenciate between greek and greece olodo.
Greece is a country, greek is their language.
You want to twist the question.
What i asked is a yes or no question.
Re: . by Maynman: 7:41pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

Ignorant fool, What’s the difference between Yorubas and Yoruba language?

Re: . by Maynman: 7:43pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

Olodo rabata.

Re: . by Obafavour(m): 7:45pm On May 12, 2022
Maynman:

Yes, Israel was given to him as inheritance by his father,Elohim.
grin your replies are just contracdicting, you said yahweh is nt a name how come you agree he's a name of a god of isreal, i've wanted to ask maybe people with title in your village don't have names or they're nt being too.
As long as yahweh is a name of a god in israel so we also call our own GOD yahweh. Simple.
Re: . by Maynman: 7:47pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

grin your replies are just contracdicting, you said yahweh is nt a name how come you agree he's a name of a god of isreal, i've wanted to ask maybe people with title in your village don't have names or they're nt being too.
As long as yahweh is a name of a god in israel so we also call our own GOD yahweh. Simple.

You are a shameless liar, Where did I say Yahweh is not a “name”. They are not generic names that’s what I meant .
Re: . by Maynman: 7:48pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

And besides this is your Yahweh, sons of Elohim and asheerah.

Re: . by Lovelash: 7:49pm On May 12, 2022
savesoulmejjj:
I'm not a Bible Scholar.

What is the Meaning of a life that is full of Suffering ,Trouble and Confusion .

The dead doesn't feel any of these .I lost my first Wife after a Terrible sickness befell her ,She had a Son for me. My mother have been down with Illness ,The sight of her Groaning Pains , Saying Son , I'm in Pains ,I'm Dying makes me feel so Bad .

I'm not Lazy ,I have always worked so hard before Things became worse.

Recently I decided to sell off two acres out of the 3 acres I bought when things were okay to take care of My mother's Illness and use remaining Money to Start some little things over again ..I have not gotten an Offer .

My Children are Home due to School Fees ,The Landlord is Threatening me to throw me and my family out .

Feeding has become so Terrible .

If life Becomes so Un-bearable ,The dead doesn't feel any more Pains ..When there is Option of Suicide to End it all.

Why would such be Regarded as a SIN when it is Sure that we shall all die one day ?

N:B : Fasting and Praying ...I have done very well to the extent I was recently diagnosed of having Peptic Ulcer ..
Please read Love Lash write ups on suicide @ www.lovelashblog. com. Thanks.
Re: . by Obafavour(m): 7:51pm On May 12, 2022
Maynman:

Olodo rabata.
You're still a child, you trained yourself with studying of history, but you lack one thing "brain to think"
I asked, are there christians in greece?
Look at what you used in replying in the first place.
Now i want to ask you another question, do christians in greece call their GOD zeus?
Re: . by Maynman: 7:53pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

You're still a child, you trained yourself with studying of history, but you lack one thing "brain to think"
I asked, are there christians in greece?
Look at what you used in replying in the first place.
Now i want to ask you another question, do christians in greece call their GOD zeus?

You’re still a dumb child.
Christianity started in Greece,

Christians In Greek don’t call “God”. God is a English word. They say “theo”. Olodo.

Re: . by Obafavour(m): 7:54pm On May 12, 2022
Maynman:

You are a shameless liar, Where did I say Yahweh is not a “name”. They are not generic names that’s what I meant .
Go and reread what we've been discussing since and bring out where you mentioned they are nt generics names.
I'm more smarter than you, you only knw history but you don't understand the content.
Re: . by Maynman: 7:55pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

Go and reread what we've been discussing since and bring out where you mentioned they are nt generics names.
I'm more smarter than you, you only knw history but you don't understand the content.

Shameless liar, show me were I said “Yahweh” is not a name.
You are not smart atall.you don’t even know history, talk less of context. See this kid oo
Re: . by Obafavour(m): 8:07pm On May 12, 2022
Maynman:

You’re still a dumb child.
Christianity started in Greece,

Christians In Greek don’t call “God”. God is a English word. They say “theo”. Olodo.
You're the dumbest atheist i've ever met on nairaland.
That's the name they wish to call their GOD, or is this nt this GOD there're refering to? Or do they mention zeus? we yoruba christians call him olorun, the isrealies christians call him elohim and yahweh, ibo call him chineke and so on.
Everyone decide to call him the name the want to call him, the name of this being is uncountable.
That's is what i meant kid, you don't say becos we call him those deties names that means we're refering to those deties, we call him those names becos because is for a supreme being.
Recieve sense in jesus name, u can go and be serving zeus when christian population is increasing every year.
Re: . by Maynman: 8:08pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

That's the name they wish to call their GOD, or is this nt this GOD there're refering to? Or do they mention zeus? we yoruba christians call him olorun, the isrealies christians call him elohim and yahweh, ibo call him chineke and so on.
Everyone decide to call him the name the want to call him, the name of this being is uncountable.
That's is what i meant kid, you don't say becos we call him those deties names that means we're refering to those deties, we call him those names becos because is for a supreme being.
Recieve sense in jesus name, u can go and be serving zeus when christian population is increasing every year.

You are dumbest theist I know.
God is a title and it’s derived from theos. Atheist from atheos. They are derived from Greek. Olodo.
“God” is a English word.

You sabi history very well.
Re: . by Maynman: 8:09pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

Deity means god derived from Latin, olodo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Should female Christians Twerk? / Women And Trousers / Photo: Agbanje Spirit Was Snap By My Pastor During Deliverance Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.