Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (4050 Views)

Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? / Sunday Morning Sex As Couple Before Going To Church. Is It A Sin? / Is It A Sin For A Christian To Fight Back As A Self Defense? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Maynman: 4:56pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

This should be the link
https://www.goshen.edu/bio/Biol410/bsspapers02/alyssa.htm
Just go through the link, so many scientist proofs that was later found wrong, only the bible stand on the same proof, but the scientists keep proving themselves wrong.
Only GOD knw what the scientists of the next generation and century will prove.

So many scientists have also disprove the Bible, that’s why I said you should use same standard. And God is a title not a person.
Re: . by Obafavour(m): 4:57pm On May 12, 2022
Maynman:

You mean you compared the evolution story and Bible creation story and you use the same standard for 2 of them, it was the Bible that made more sense?
This is the link
https://bibleprophecyandtruth.com/creation/creationVSevolution?gClid
You can go through it to see more, nt sure of the first one.
Re: . by Maynman: 4:58pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

This is the link
https://bibleprophecyandtruth.com/creation/creationVSevolution?gClid
You can go through it to see more, nt sure of the first one.

You are sending me to a Bible and Christian link, we have other links who disprove your Bible too, use same standard for both.
Re: . by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:05pm On May 12, 2022
savesoulmejjj:
. Does God truly cares ? Why would a Parent with just one Daughter lost there only daughter even when the parent are sooo old and may not be able to have another Child ? is that Good thing to experience how Good can that be called
From the beginning everything was perfect but the first human pair challenged God's sovereignty demanding to live independently of God and being the ones to set standards for others.
Well God never knew any of us today, those two were the people He knew back then, so He decided to allow them have their way but told them what will be the outcome of their rebelliousness.
So mankind must continue to bear the consequences of what those two started until God put an end to all these troubles.
The only hope for mankind is a call back from the dead, anyone worthy of remembrance will be brought back to life when God settles these case, but until then each of us must manage whatever comes our way!
Re: . by Obafavour(m): 5:16pm On May 12, 2022
Maynman:

So many scientists have also disprove the Bible, that’s why I said you should use same standard. And God is a title not a person.
Accepted, but if you understand the content you will see there are small gods and the almighty GOD.
God reveals himself to people, he does so in exactly the language concept and cultural context of those specific people, that was why god is a title in hebrew.
But futher we are to know there is difference between the almighty GOD and the material god of israel, only synonymous with name. God was given the name of israel material god because he reveal himself to them according to their cultural context, here in yoruba we call him eledumare, aditu and all other because he reveal himself according to our cultural context.
So i don't still the point u want to bring out or the reason why you believe GOD doesn't exist.
Re: . by Maynman: 5:24pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

Accepted, but if you understand the content you will see there are small gods and the almighty GOD.
God reveals himself to people, he does so in exactly the language concept and cultural context of those specific people, that was why god is a title in hebrew.
But futher we are to know there is difference between the almighty GOD and the material god of israel, only synonymous with name. God was given the name of israel material god because he reveal himself to them according to their cultural context, here in yoruba we call him eledumare, aditu and all other because he reveal himself according to our cultural context.
So i don't still the point u want to bring out or the reason why you believe GOD doesn't exist.

What context, you mean out of the gods your own is the right one? All of them claim it too.
Beside god is a title not a person.
Please don’t confuse Yahweh for eledumare, they are different.
Re: . by Obafavour(m): 5:45pm On May 12, 2022
Maynman:

What context, you mean out of the gods your own is the right one? All of them claim it too.
Beside god is a title not a person.
Please don’t confuse Yahweh for eledumare, they are different.
I understand ur problem it's confusion u only read but u don't understand the content.
Accepted god isn't a name but a title, the research u did that u found out that god isn't a name but a title u didn't see it there that when some the isrealites forbade their material god they gave those material gods names to the almighty GOD cos that's is the only name given to a super being in their culture.
In yoruba when we want to call olorun we call him different names like eledua, eledumare, aditu and others like the isreal call GOD yaweh, elohim and others still refering to the same person.
Re: . by Maynman: 5:49pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

I understand ur problem it's confusion u only read but u don't understand the content.
Accepted god isn't a name but a title, the research u did that u found out that god isn't a name but a title u didn't see it there that when some the isrealites forbade their material god they gave those material gods names to the almighty GOD cos that's is the only name given to a super being in their culture.
In yoruba when we want to call olorun we call him different names like eledua, eledumare, aditu and others like the isreal call GOD yaweh, elohim and others still refering to the same person.

“God” is a title and English word, do Jews speak English? You are the one that don’t know what you are saying.
What do Israelites call “god. They speak Hebrew not English.
Olorun is not “god”, olorun is olorun. “God” is not a Yoruba word.
This is eledumare and it has history , look it up and don’t be ignorant.

Re: . by Obafavour(m): 6:04pm On May 12, 2022
Maynman:

“God” is a title and English word, do Jews speak English? You are the one that don’t know what you are saying.
What do Israelites call “god. They speak Hebrew not English.
Olorun is not “god”, olorun is olorun. “God” is not a Yoruba word.
This is eledumare and it has history , look it up and don’t be ignorant.
You're still confused, who do isrealites call all those names?
Who yoruba call all those names?
Re: . by Maynman: 6:13pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

You're still confused, who do isrealites call all those names?
Who yoruba call all those names?

You are the one confused, do “Israelites” speak English? Why not research on what they call their supreme being.
Do Yoruba speak English? Why not research on what they call their supreme being, do that for other tribes.
Again, God is a title not a person, Zeus, Odin, Jupiter, Yahweh, Allah all of them are called that.

Eledumare is different from Yahweh, Zeus, Allah, Odin, don’t be ignorant. Where in Yoruba history did olorun give birth to a Jew man, called “Jesus

This is the story of how eledumare created earth.

Re: . by Obafavour(m): 6:24pm On May 12, 2022
Maynman:

You are the one confused, do “Israelites” speak English? Why not research on what they call their supreme being.
Do Yoruba speak English? Why not research on what they call their supreme being, do that for other tribes.
Again, God is a title not a person, Zeus, Odin, Jupiter, Yahweh, Allah all of them are called that.
Eledumare is different from Yahweh, Zeus, Allah, Odin, don’t be ignorant. Where in Yoruba history did olorun give birth to a Jew man, called “Jesus
This is the story of how eledumare created earth.
I get ur point, you're just based on history of how yoruba and isreal gave their creation story.
The defination of GOD is supreme being believed to create the whole universe.
Ok what do you have to say about the christians in isreal that call the same person all this isreal material god names like elohim and yahweh.
Do you mean they're refering to their material god?
Re: . by Maynman: 6:28pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

I get ur point, you're just based on history of how yoruba and isreal gave their creation story.
Ok what do you have to say about the christians in isreal that call the same person all this isreal material god names like elohim and yahweh.

Not only that didn’t you read this? If you believe in eledumare as Yahweh, why are not worshipping the Orishas eledumare told you to, Why not worship it the way Your forefathers did?
Where in Yoruba history, did eledumare fight for Israelites? Or when did eledumare give birth to a Hebrew man?

Re: . by Maynman: 6:29pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

The people in isreal are not referred to as “christians”, “Christian” is a Greek word, do they speak Greek in Israel?
What’s the origin of the word “Elohim” and “Yahweh”?
Re: . by Maynman: 6:32pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

Zeus is a supreme being
Odin is a supreme being
Jupiter is a supreme being.

Is Yahweh and Zeus the same?, since you are comparing Yahweh and eledumare.

Re: . by Obafavour(m): 6:36pm On May 12, 2022
Maynman:

You are sending me to a Bible and Christian link, we have other links who disprove your Bible too, use same standard for both.
You can provide the link.
But on a neutral status, a question was asked that "what if GOD created everything but through evolution?"
That was my believe and still my believe, i believe in both GOD and in science.

But what do have to say about secular scientist?
Re: . by Maynman: 6:37pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

You can provide the link.
But on a neutral status, a question was asked that "what if GOD created everything but through evolution?"
That was my believe and still my believe, i believe in both GOD and in science.

But what do have to say about secular scientist?

Which “God”, god is a title not a person.
Re: . by Obafavour(m): 6:41pm On May 12, 2022
Maynman:

Zeus is a supreme being
Odin is a supreme being
Jupiter is a supreme being.

Is Yahweh and Zeus the same?, since you are comparing Yahweh and eledumare.
Still on same point, the only material god name in isreal used in calling this GOD, zeus and odin are nt included.
The only names i know are elohim, yahweh and i think jehovah.
Those that call that supreme being those names in isreal do you mean they are refering to those material god?
Re: . by Obafavour(m): 6:43pm On May 12, 2022
Maynman:

The people in isreal are not referred to as “christians”, “Christian” is a Greek word, do they speak Greek in Israel?
What’s the origin of the word “Elohim” and “Yahweh”?
So you mean there are no followers of christ in isreal?
Re: . by Maynman: 6:43pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

Still on same point, the only material god name in isreal used in calling this GOD, zeus and odin are nt included.
The only names i know are elohim, yahweh and i think jehovah.
Those that call that supreme being those names in isreal do you mean they are refering to those material god?

Those are isreal gods. Zeus is a Greek god, Jupiter is a Roman god. You get?
Elohim and Yahweh are only for isreal.
Re: . by Maynman: 6:45pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

So you mean there are no followers of christ in isreal?

“Christ” is a Greek word derived from Hebrew messiah.
Israelites practice Judaism, when Jesus was alive he was a Judaist.
Re: . by Obafavour(m): 6:51pm On May 12, 2022
Maynman:

Which “God”, god is a title not a person.
The supreme being the christian worships.
And we call him the names the isreal call their material god.
But nt refering to them, we give this supreme being names given to the material gods of isreal.
We call him olodumare because yoruba believed he is the supreme being that created heaven and earth, our stories might be different but we give him names of those deities yoruba, isreal and all others call their god , becos those are the names given to a supreme being.
Try to understand me, don't get confused of what i'm saying.
Re: . by Maynman: 6:54pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

The supreme being the christian worships.
And we call him the names the isreal call their material god.
But nt refering to them, we give this supreme being names given to the material gods of isreal.
We call him olodumare because yoruba believed he is the supreme being that created heaven and earth, our stories might be different but we give him names of those deities yoruba, isreal and all others call their god , becos those are the names given to a supreme being.
Try to understand me, don't get confused of what i'm saying.

You are saying rubbish, Zeus, Jupiter, Allah and Odin are supreme beings, are they Yahweh too?
Re: . by orisa37: 6:55pm On May 12, 2022
YOU KILL YOURSELF. YOU MURDER YOURSELF. YOU SPLIT HUMAN BLOOD, YOUR BLOOD.
SO YOU'RE A FRUSTRATED FOOL.
Re: . by Obafavour(m): 6:55pm On May 12, 2022
Maynman:

“Christ” is a Greek word derived from Hebrew messiah.
Israelites practice Judaism, when Jesus was alive he was a Judaist.
Who said jesus was a christian?
Even primary school student will understand what i've being saying, you reply as if your brain have been shut down.
Was it not from jesus that we derived christianity?
Ok, where was the place jesus disciples were first called christ like?

1 Like

Re: . by Maynman: 6:56pm On May 12, 2022
orisa37:
YOU KILL YOURSELF. YOU MURDER YOURSELF. YOU SPLIT HUMAN BLOOD, YOUR BLOOD.
SO YOU'RE A FRUSTRATED FOOL.

Oduduwa is Christ right?
Re: . by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:57pm On May 12, 2022
cheesy
Obafavour:

Even primary school student will understand what i've being saying, you reply as if your brain have been shut down.

Re: . by Maynman: 6:58pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

When Jesus was alive he was a Judaist.
They were called “chrestian” by turtilian.
Before they were named that, what were they referred as?

Re: . by Maynman: 7:01pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

What were they referred to as before tertulian called them “chrestian”?
Re: . by Obafavour(m): 7:02pm On May 12, 2022
Maynman:

You are saying rubbish, Zeus, Jupiter, Allah and Odin are supreme beings, are they Yahweh too?
You're are having a bigger problem than i thought.
We don't call that supreme being those deties names, the deties names we call him are what i've mentioned.
Like elohim, yahweh, olodumare, aditu, jehovah, olorun e.t.c. Simple.
We don't call him all deties names, only specific ones.
Re: . by Maynman: 7:03pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

We don't call that supreme being those deties names, the deties names we call him are what i've mentioned.
[/b]Like elohim, yahweh, olodumare, aditu, jehovah, olorun e.t.c. Simple.[b]

Read, they are also called supreme beings. Who are the “we”??

Re: . by Maynman: 7:06pm On May 12, 2022
Obafavour:

Like elohim, yahweh, olodumare, aditu, jehovah, olorun e.t.c. Simple.

This is the history of OLODUMARE don’t confuse it with Yahweh. Can’t you read?

Re: . by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:08pm On May 12, 2022
SUICIDE, WHY IS IT A SIN? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Women And Trousers / Photo: Agbanje Spirit Was Snap By My Pastor During Deliverance Service / Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.