Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,306 members, 7,850,102 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:22 PM

Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? (4305 Views)

Buhari Blames Economic Woes On Past Leaders / Buhari Will Not Probe Past Leaders – Oyegun / Boko Haram Should Be Allow To Capture More Towns Until After The 2015 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by ektbear: 6:49pm On Jul 13, 2011
roflmao @ this epic fail of a thread
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by adejoro75: 6:51pm On Jul 13, 2011
Op:
You must include Zik on your list of those that lacked foresighted of how Nigeria will turn out 50 years after.

Ojukwu is blameless in that regard
He tried his best to liberate his people from the shackles of one Nigeria
For that, even Zik hated him and worked against him.
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by aljharem3: 6:52pm On Jul 13, 2011
adejoro75:

There is no [b]commercial oil [/b]in Igboland and you have SHELL and the other oil companies drilling oil there? What is the definition of commercial?

what i mean is commercial quantity

are u sure there is shell there because seeing is believing

i have seen oil drilling companies in lagos and while others say there is oil in anambra, i am yet to see 1

ok adejoro, please proof to me so i would remain silent

thanks smiley
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by adejoro75: 6:55pm On Jul 13, 2011
alj_harem:

what i mean is commercial quantity

are u sure there is shell there because seeing is believing

i have seen oil drilling companies in lagos and while others say there is oil in anambra, i am yet to see 1

ok adejoro, please proof to me so i would remain silent

thanks smiley

Quit Our Land, Egbema People Tell SPDC
http://www.thetidenewsonline.com/?p=7160
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by vicenzo(m): 6:59pm On Jul 13, 2011
alj_harem:

igboman is there commercail oil in igboland
oh! We agree it's oil.
No,there is oil in commercial quantity in yorubaland.
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by adejoro75: 7:13pm On Jul 13, 2011
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by adejoro75: 7:14pm On Jul 13, 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-228009.0.html

Local firm, Addax, strikes oil in Imo
Nigeria's oil and gas industry has recorded another landmark, with Addax Petroleum announcing an onshore oil discovery from the Njaba 2 well (formally Okaka) currently drilling in the eastern part of the OML124 license area of Imo State. Addax Petroleum has a 100 per cent working interest under a Production Sharing Contract (PSC) covering the Oil Mining License 124 (OML124) area, whereby the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) is the concessionaire. The new discovery may likely become one its largest fields in Nigeria. Addax currently produces approximately 6000 barrels per day from the Ossu and Izombe fields in OML124, which is located within Imo State. President and Chief Executive Officer of Addax, Mr. Jean Claude Gandur said, "I am extremely proud to report an excellent start in 2009 with this successful exploration result in Nigeria as it is a leading discovery that has the potential to be one of our largest fields in Nigeria. The Njaba discovery is the first exploration well to be drilled in OML124 since the mid-80's and these results will increase the production potential of the license area considerably, as well as significantly upgrade the remaining undrilled prospects."http://www.scandoil.com/moxie-bm2/news/addax-petroleum-hits-new-discovery-in-nigeria.shtml
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by adejoro75: 7:16pm On Jul 13, 2011
alj_harem:

igboman is there commercail oil in igboland

Abia oil producing communities renew demand for N500 billion royalty
http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/32786-abia-oil-producing-communities-renew-demand-n500-billion-royalty.html
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by Afam4eva(m): 7:29pm On Jul 13, 2011
I think we've flogged this issue in this plast and we won't get anywhere if we keep going back to the past. The question now should be what do we want? I'm asking all the region and ethnic groups in Nigeria. Do you want to remain in this cesspit called Nigeria united by 419, corruption, Boko haram etc or do you want to try your luck as independent nations.
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by JomoGbomo2(m): 8:08pm On Jul 13, 2011
@Jason , u made my day on this thread. What's the name of the books you used in your posts.
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by RoadStar: 11:53pm On Jul 13, 2011
adejoro75:

Op:
You must include Zik on your list of those that lacked foresighted of how Nigeria will turn out 50 years after.

Ojukwu is blameless in that regard
He tried his best to liberate his people from the shackles of one Nigeria
For that, even Zik hated him and worked against him.
This is exactly why this topic has exploded.

1) The absence of Zik name amongst the listed culprits leaving him with an unscathed image while mud is being thrown the way of Awo.
2) The tacit attempt by the OP to vindicate Ojukwu while Indicting Awo.
3) Why is no one defending Gowon (Afterall he was in the same government in which Awo served as Finance minister)

I still dey laugh o !
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by Desola(f): 1:13am On Jul 14, 2011
Like thunderbolt, the information enshrined in this thread hit me like WOAH!

If you are ever looking for the meaning of enlightenment, then I suggest you read this thread. Lies can go on for years but it takes only one day for the truth to trump it. For years, i've listened to ibos harp on about the Yoruba betrayal without really carrying out an in depth search into the true story and now, oh now, I know so much more.

I thought I respected Awolowo before, but now, I could almost idolize him. He makes me feel so proud to be Yoruba and displayed in those transcripts what I have always known about Yorubas. We are indeed a unique race full to be brim with intelligence. It is a shame that he is no longer with us. I weep for the day my nation joined Nigeria but I thank him for his foresight and uprightness. I have hope now that Yoruba would rise from this either within or without Nigeria, we will be great again.

Thank you so much Jason, I feel indebted to you for publicising these vital information in the history of the sham called Nigeria. I also would like to thank Katsumoto and T9ksy, they always maintained that Ojukwu wanted to rule us but I didn't quite understand it then but now I know that Awolowo was and still is an upright man, a very special man to people of our race.
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by jason123: 1:56am On Jul 14, 2011
JomoGbomo2:

@Jason , u made my day on this thread. What's the name of the books you used in your posts.

Bro, sorry for the late reply. It was on Nigeria village square and I simply copied the whole text. The one posted was both the interaction between the late Sage Awolowo and the Great Ikemba Ojukwu. It also contains the stance of Awolowo regarding the North and the East (second article). I hope you learnt alot by reading it . . .

Desola:

If you are ever looking for the meaning of enlightenment, then I suggest you read this thread. Lies can go on for years but it takes only one day for the truth to trump it. For years, i've listened to ibos harp on about the Yoruba betrayal without really carrying out an in depth search into the true story and now, oh now, I know so much more.

I thought I respected Awolowo before, but now, I could almost idolize him. He makes me feel so proud to be Yoruba and displayed in those transcripts what I have always known about Yorubas. We are indeed a unique race full to be brim with intelligence. It is a shame that he is no longer with us. I weep for the day my nation joined Nigeria but I thank him for his foresight and uprightness. I have hope now that Yoruba would rise from this either within or without Nigeria, we will be great again.

Thank you so much Jason, I feel indebted to you for publicising these vital information in the history of the sham called Nigeria. I also would like to thank Katsumoto and T9ksy, they always maintained that Ojukwu wanted to rule us but I didn't quite understand it then but now I know that Awolowo was and still is an upright man, a very special man to people of our race.
Its cool and you are not in-debit to me . . .
Now that you know the truth, [size=5pt][s]will you stop your harsh tongue towards your eastern neighbours undecided lipsrsealed?[/s][/size] go and sin no more cheesy
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by Ystranger: 1:58am On Jul 14, 2011
Desola:

You've started again, katsumoto this, katsumoto that, as if Katsumoto was with Awolowo when Awolowo was defending the descendants of Oduduwa. You must either be in your late teens or early twenties, still very impressionable.

Hopefully, men dont exploit your naivete. Just be careful how you hero-worship people on an anonymous website like this, so you dont get caught hero-worshiping a future Anthony Weiner.
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by Desola(f): 2:04am On Jul 14, 2011
Ystranger:

You've started again, katsumoto this, katsumoto that, as if Katsumoto was with Awolowo when Awolowo was defending the descendants of Oduduwa. You must either be in your late teens or early twenties, still very impressionable.

Hopefully, men dont exploit your naivety. Just be careful how you hero-worship people on an anonymous website like this, so you dont get caught hero-worshiping a future Anthony Weiner.

wetin con consine your agbero with overload na?

me wey I dey do hero worshipping, i complain to you? Yes, i'm very impressionable, gullible paapa but na my headache be dat. Abeg take panadol for your headache, kilode?

if you have yawa with katsumoto you better settle it with him but right now, I am seeing him as a hero, kajiko? Pshew!

Moreover, when have I ever sang the praise of the said person? It seems you're getting your wires twisted somewhere.
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by Seanet1000: 2:06am On Jul 14, 2011
Didn't Aguiyi Ironsi an ibo military officer introduced unitary system into Nigeria? Was ibos not the to vote for one nigeria? Awo knew this country can never be for life so he voted against but like the saying that 'Majority can be stupid sometimes' now some new boys on the block want to change igneous rock to sedimentary rock, it just dont happens like that, it was ibos who lack foresight in the first instance when there was the chance to say no to one Nigeria but to reasons best known to ibos they went the other way round. Just take it as you make.
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by Seanet1000: 2:12am On Jul 14, 2011
Desola:

me wey I dey do hero worshipping, i complain to you? Yes, i'm very impressionable, gullible paapa but na my headache be dat. Abeg take panadol for your headache, kilode?

if you have yawa with katsumoto you better settle it with him but right now, I am seeing him as a hero, kajiko? Pshew!

Moreover, when have I ever sang the praise of the said person? It seems you're getting your wires twisted somewhere.
You dey mind this one? Na bad belle dey do him, the very day Katsumoto tore him to shreds na that day he start bad belle, he be spoilt brat.
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by EzeUche(m): 2:13am On Jul 14, 2011
I still think [b]Azikiwe [/b]and [b]Ironsi [/b]should be in this title.

My Igbo brothers, we must shine our eyes.
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by jason123: 2:13am On Jul 14, 2011
Seanet1000:

Didn't Aguiyi Ironsi an ibo military officer introduced unitary system into Nigeria? Was ibos not the to vote for one nigeria? Awo knew this country can never be for life so he voted against but like the saying that 'Majority can be silly sometimes' now some new boys on the block want to change igneous rock to sedimentary rock, it just dont happens like that, it was ibos who lack foresight in the first instance when there was the chance to say no to one Nigeria but to reasons best known to ibos they went the other way round. Just take it as you make.

^^^ Igbos are not complaining, are they and Yes, Awolowo was the MOST REALISTIC (mere geographical expression), Azikwe had a DREAM (united ONE Nigeria) but Ahmado Bello had the FORESIGHT (the fear of Southerners over ruling his people). This is my opinion . .  and by the way, trust me, Igbos are not suffering neither are Yorubas but Northerners are the ones that are suffering because most menial but HONEST jobs are done by Northerners NOT southerners . . .
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by Desola(f): 2:16am On Jul 14, 2011
will you stop your harsh tongue towards your eastern neighbours

Reading this thread has strengthened my resolve to continue the war against the blatant lies they perpetrate on this site.
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by Ystranger: 2:16am On Jul 14, 2011
Desola:

me wey[b] I dey do hero worshipping, i complain to you[/b]? Yes, i'm very impressionable, gullible paapa but na my headache be dat. Abeg take panadol for your headache, kilode?

Of course, you dont have to complain. Our elders say, "Ti omode ba gegi loko, agba lomo ibi to ma wo si."

I already know how it will end. i am just fulfilling my duty as the elder emeritus of NL, making sure naive young girls like you dont fall prey to online predators.

Half oro is enough for omoluabi, that is the omoluabi with a brain. That said, it is your life, thats probably how you get through life; hero-worshiping h/o/r/n/y people old enough to be your father who would eventually exploit you to their hearts satisfaction, leaving you heart broken and scorned.

Go ahead. Aja to ba ma sonu.     .     .
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by EzeUche(m): 2:20am On Jul 14, 2011
jason123:

^^^ Igbos are not complaining, are they and Yes, Awolowo was the MOST REALISTIC (mere geographical expression), Azikwe had a DREAM (united ONE Nigeria) but Ahmado Bello had the FORESIGHT (the fear of Southerners over ruling his people). This is my opinion . .  and by the way, trust me, Igbos are not suffering neither are Yorubas but Northerners are the ones that are suffering because most menial but HONEST jobs are done by Northerners NOT southerners . . .

Ahmadu Bello definitely had the foresight. His question for his people's dominance of Nigeria continues to this day. That is why his people revere him like a saint.
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by Ystranger: 2:20am On Jul 14, 2011
Seanet1000:

You dey mind this one? Na bad belle dey do him, the very day Katsumoto tore him to shreds na that day he start bad belle, he be spoilt brat.

You just dey look for my attention sha

Anyway, give me three months, na me and you full time.

Me, Gudugudu, akinkanju, arakangudu, okunrin ogun, yeah! I'm made on the streets

Bone animosity
I be the great one
Amebo e so ra yin
][color=#990000]I"m beyond your beef talk[/color]
Ojumo kan, imo kan, ere kan, ara kan, asa kan
Just like Chameleon
Olomo si kata l"oba agbado
Igi mu jina s"ori
I think you should know
So,
, Abegi ooooo
Oba o le pe meji l"aafin
E ma lo ji soro

Omo, forget talk, kosi omo naaa ti o je oshe.

I am the most incredible! grin

So o damo, to ba rii?
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by Chyz2: 2:21am On Jul 14, 2011
Nice write up. Couldn't have said it any better. cool
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by Desola(f): 2:22am On Jul 14, 2011
Ystranger:

Of course, you dont have to complain. Our elders say, "Ti omode ba gegi loko, agba lomo ibi to ma wo si."

I already know how it will end. i am just fulfilling my duty as an elder emeritus of NL, making sure naive young girls like you dont fall prey to online predators.

Half oro is enough for omoluabi, that is the omoluabi with a brain. That said, it is your life, thats probably how you get through life; hero-worshiping Hot people old enough to be your father who would eventually exploit you to their hearts satisfaction, leaving you heart broken and scorned.

Go ahead. Aja to ba ma sonu.     .     .  

Taa n lagba iya, taa n l'agba oshi. E jo, boda mafi lomi ndasi, abenugun legbe eti. E fi tiyin se tiyin.

Awon atooku maku, agba rederede, agba radarada.

Jealousy lo ma pa e! O ya lo gbe ganmale 20 mu.

Oshi rada rada!
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by EzeUche(m): 2:23am On Jul 14, 2011

Only 2 out of the 3 should be "blamed." Awolowo for his callousness, and for his Azikiwe naivety.
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by aljharem3: 2:25am On Jul 14, 2011
EzeUche:

Only 2 out of the 3 should be "blamed." Awolowo for his callousness, and for his Azikiwe naivety.

objectivly can you tell me who Awolowo was callous to ? because i believe u read this thread discussion from the beginning
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by Katsumoto: 2:25am On Jul 14, 2011
Desola:

Taa n lagba iya, taa n l'agba oshi. E jo, boda mafi lomi ndasi, abenugun legbe eti. E fi tiyin se tiyin.

Awon atooku maku, agba rederede, agba radarada.

Jealousy lo ma pa e! O ya lo gbe ganmale 20 mu.

Oshi rada rada!

Ye mogbe

LWMKD   grin grin grin grin grin grin

Seanet1000:

Awon ota wan ma sare kiri
Wan le ba wa
Wan ma sa re ti ti wan ma po ku so.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by jason123: 2:25am On Jul 14, 2011
Desola:

Reading this thread has strengthened my resolve to continue the war against the blatant lies they perpetrate on this site.

Not necessary, trust me . . .

EzeUche:

Ahmadu Bello definitely had the foresight. His question for his people's dominance of Nigeria continues to this day. That is why his people revere him like a saint.

He certainly did. He knew CLEARLY the fate of his people in Nigeria with the Yorubas, Igbos and SSoutherners; and he did what he could to protect his people from the "southerners" while also uniting the North and spreading Usman danfodio's empire . .

Chyz*:

Nice write up. Couldn't have said it any better. cool

Guy, you are the devil's advocate cheesy. How was the OP's write up nice? . .
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by Chyz2: 2:27am On Jul 14, 2011
jason123:

Guy, you are the devil's advocate cheesy. How was the OP's write up nice? . .

grin
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by jason123: 2:28am On Jul 14, 2011
@ Ezeuche,  How was Awolowo callous
Re: Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? by Katsumoto: 2:30am On Jul 14, 2011
EzeUche:

Do a simple test

Is Awo reverred by the people he represented?
Is Bello reverred by the people he represented?
Is Zik reverred by the people he represented?

Awolowo has never been elected to represent the interests of the people of the East, why do you think he should have put their interests ahead of or at par with the interests of those who he represented?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kidnappers Grab Son Of Secretary To The Delta State Government / Gospel Singer Performs In Church Half-Naked / South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.