Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,664 members, 7,837,460 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5461262 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ayosat(m): 9:06pm On Feb 09, 2012
@all animal planet is free to air now. DS** 11940 H 27500 (W4 36E). Enjoy while it last.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by walexy1(m): 9:30pm On Feb 09, 2012
@at obnelly, 9ice n groundbreaking job over there. Who could av thought c band lnb on 90cm dish's a possibility, dat breaks all rules. I'll also start dis experiment nw cos A.S.A.S has got me so real. Good job. Fta 4ever
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 10:38pm On Feb 09, 2012
Lunsat:

@people, why are you forcing Cband LNBs mearnt for 1.8m to 3m prime focus dishes on 90cm offset dishes? is it to save cost or space? Discussions on this subject on other forums indicates that this approach usually catches the strongest transponders and misses the rest.
lol grin is it it against the rule to use 90cm dish/C-band lnb to track a C-band satellites , there are specially made conical scaler ring for C-band lnb on offset antenna, that will even produce more signal. actually some C-band satellites recommended dish sizes as per eirp level are below 110CM dish .i am referring to amos 5 @ 17east C-band its recommended dish size is 90cm for ghana /nigeria/zambia, arabsat 5a @ 30.5east recommended dish size for ghana and nigeria=100cm,zambia=90cm,nss12 @57east west hemisphere nigeria and ghana =110cm and a dish size below stated can still give good result . it all depends on EIRP level/recommended dish size of a particular C-band satellite grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 11:27pm On Feb 09, 2012
For those who love to combine different LNBs  on one dish to aim at different satellites this could be a guide,I just finish working on it and it worked.why not give it a trial.The pictures below is  meant for any body who love to build a multi-lnb holder for w4/7,astra 28/badr26,eutelsat w6 21.6,w3c 16e,w3a 7e and sirus 4 all on one dish.

first track w6 21.6(note:use a good lnb otherwise you will see the signal flashing but it wont turn green), on top of the w6 satellite locate eutelsat w4/7 by moving you hand straight up to your left when you face the dish ,there you have dstv,once you hit green place your astra lnb between the distance from dstv and w6,you should hit green also on astra 28 or badr 26 depending on which sat you prefer.

immediately after the w6 just follow that white bar that's attached to your dish,from where you have w6 make sure your lnb is plum and closer to the white bar just slide/move your lnb downward gradually there you are ,you will see w3c 16e signal,still follow the white bar, move downward you will see sirus 4 in between w3c and sirus 4 locate your w3a and fine tune your signal to your taste on all the satellites.

check all the pictures and see where i placed my hands there i found all the satellites.Now you can think of how to build holder to hold all the lnbs together and run all the wires to your disecq and enjoy it all in the comfort of you room

I believe you can if i can.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 11:41pm On Feb 09, 2012
now look at where and how i place my hand ,the black lnb is where i hit green on w6 that is my reference point the white lnb on top is where i hit green on dstv/w7.

The second picture is where i hit green on w3c 16e,you can see the w6 lnb and the w3c lnb.(note:make sure it faces the center of the dish and allow it to deviate towards you left hand side that will improve your signal strength and dont forget you are dealing with mpeg 4 signal here.

The third picture is where i have sirus 4 ,in between w3c 16 degrees and sirus 4 satellite if you are very smart your w3a 7e should fall inbetween the two satellites.Now you can think of how to attach all the lnb together.I dont have time to do that now but i believe its simple ,just think .

so far so good if you have a neat job you should have w7,astra 28/badr26,w6,w3c,w3a and sirus 4,I hit green on amos5 17e too but the lnb is too big for that slot it easily knock off w3c 16e.Good luck brothers and let the multi lnb party begin

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 11:53pm On Feb 09, 2012
notice: skew the way you see my hand, doing that will give you hope and later you may fine tune the signal to your taste.

Odilibe, thanks for throwing more light into c band reception.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by King411(m): 7:13am On Feb 10, 2012
obnelly:

notice: skew the way you see my hand, doing that will give you hope and later you may fine tune the signal to your taste.

Odilibe, thanks for throwing more light into c band reception.
Job well done but i believe this tutorial should be in the FTA General Thread and not here cause we talking about FTA live matches here, just my opinion undecided
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by etcwest: 7:30am On Feb 10, 2012
@ all in southern africa. it seems confusing to me that you can combine different LNB s in west africa to get to satellites. one thing i know maybe it different, where i am to get INTELSAT 7/10 you dish should face east where the sun comes from and for me to get W3A/ astra 4a/ eutelsat 2a and W3c the dish has to face west.also to get W4/7 the dish faces North. so my question is can you combine different LNBS in to get this satellites on one 90cm Dish?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 7:57am On Feb 10, 2012
Etcwest the technique is simple which ever way you are receiving your signal from west,east south or north .make sure your dish is able to receive all the signal.now list all the satellites you want to combine ,move your dish gradually and locate where you found each satellite.make one satellite your reference and choose the next satellite to your reference point and try to gyrate your lnb.it will get to a point where it will hit green.note that this method is meant for wider(signal beam directly to your location) signal coverage.here in Nigeria most of the satellites combined can be easily tracked with less than 90cm dish.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ewayhome: 8:23am On Feb 10, 2012
LAST NITE I MANAGED TO use Strong 4330 for CCCAM setup. though some channels didnt open, i believe with your experiences we can figure out. it was fantastic.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ewayhome: 8:24am On Feb 10, 2012
i could afford the 4669z, too exxpensive here. with my lil knowlwdge in ICT i managed to configure it perfectly
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by etcwest: 8:25am On Feb 10, 2012
obnelly:

Etcwest the technique is simple which ever way you are receiving your signal from west,east south or north .make sure your dish is able to receive all the signal.now list all the satellites you want to combine ,move your dish gradually and locate where you found each satellite.make one satellite your reference and choose the next satellite to your reference point and try to gyrate your lnb.it will get to a point where it will hit green.note that this method is meant for wider(signal beam directly to your location) signal coverage.here in Nigeria most of the satellites combined can be easily tracked with less than 90cm dish.
thank for the response, i get ti now
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 8:39am On Feb 10, 2012
@obnelly,
Once again, congrats on your achievement. If this renewed drive of yours continues at this
pace, you could be in good standing towards clinching the Sat Tv poster of the year!

I'm truly impressed!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by etcwest: 8:52am On Feb 10, 2012
@all wht has happened to the much toked about satellite,INTELSAT NEW DAWN? people have been quiet has it proved to be one on the useless birds too. and anyone tracking INTELSAT 17 are all those goodies permanently $$$
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by etcwest: 9:13am On Feb 10, 2012
ayosat:

@all animal planet is free to air now. DS** 11940 H 27500 (W4 36E). Enjoy while it last.
is it still on? my is not showing anything just some channels with no names and are blank
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 9:37am On Feb 10, 2012
@odilibe it is now i saw ur reply on my post concern motorised and arc elevation thanks to u, but is nile sat on thesame arc with hotbird and intel 7/10 in my location?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 10:02am On Feb 10, 2012
@odilibe thor5/6 ku are not available here in nigeria, intel10-02 also u can only get the cband here, so the sat that are available are sirius4, atlantic b@5w, so wich sat will i use now @the top of arc to get the sat that are out or the arc, @George you are silent on this the question goes to u also pls. @ obnely my man the way u are going i will not be suprised if u get how to nail nile on 90cm pls keep it up.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ibaku(m): 10:13am On Feb 10, 2012
@Nelly, good one, especially on 7 and 4 degrees.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 10:38am On Feb 10, 2012
@Adex,
In FTA, never say 'impossible' because that word doesn't exist
in our vocab.

You get my drift?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 10:41am On Feb 10, 2012
@ niddle_9, Life707, akinis09, where are you guys? We miss your contributions here.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by captainus: 12:09pm On Feb 10, 2012
@ Gadotor,

I don't think you are going against the rules by just telling the house the capabilities of a receiver.So feel free and do that if you want to.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 12:12pm On Feb 10, 2012
etcwest:

is it still on? my is not showing anything just some channels with no names and are blank
Check 36.0E, 11.939 H 27500, 11.726 V 27.499, and 11.937 H 27.499 AnimalPlanet currently FTA
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by captainus: 12:26pm On Feb 10, 2012
@King411

King411:

Job well done but i believe this tutorial should be in the FTA General Thread and not here cause we talking about FTA live matches here, just my opinion undecided

I think you are rather lost. This is FTA General Thread.Maybe u r in a hurry to go and see the Chipolopolo vrs Cote D'Ivoire grin grin grin grin. No I'm not saying this because I'm from Ghana. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olupeace12: 12:38pm On Feb 10, 2012
@ALL.Pls i want to buy canalsat smart card pls i need ur respond.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 3:08pm On Feb 10, 2012
you said the website is da bomb,hmmm to me it looks like tear gas cool
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ESTJOZI: 3:21pm On Feb 10, 2012
@OBNELLY, man i do not have words to say you are good i was not expecting this from this forum , man u have empressed me keep it up smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by BUGS12: 3:26pm On Feb 10, 2012
@obnelly,
sir i just started it, it is still under construction, it will explode soon like tear gas.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 3:33pm On Feb 10, 2012
Bugs,I hope it wont pepe me for eye oooo cry,just joking brother keep it up grin and i hope it wont deviate people away from this forum cry since you said its going to be that bomb grin.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umassor(m): 4:03pm On Feb 10, 2012
@obnelly good afternoon, thanks for the good work above, may GOD continue to give u wisdaom,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 4:09pm On Feb 10, 2012
Obnelly and all.

I bought 90cm dish(mytv size) 2 days ago  i was given the dish and package and the lnb arm, i later found out the lnb arm(rod) is small, i went back and was given another. okay, last night and this morning i mount the dish and some tracking, i got 68.5° E, 36° E, 28° E,  then when i got 16° E i realized it was at the highest elevation(i was shocked). i tried to track other sats less than 16° E  i.e 7° E and 4° E(the reason why i bought the dish) i couldn't. my questions is, does the length of an lnb arm(rod) affect the tracking of sats,  because am begining to feel my lnb arm (rod) is not the exact type for my dish. please advice, thank you.

good work obnelly, i have been following your post. thumbs up!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Cheny(m): 4:22pm On Feb 10, 2012
for those with movable dishes u can track CNN on Nss5 @ 20 deg west

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (2352) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.