Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,163 members, 7,838,977 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5462641 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 4:34pm On Feb 10, 2012
Brit02,that dish is design for 16 degrees to 68.5 i think.I have similar one with me though dstv dish it cant even hit sirus 4 and eutelsat 7.You need a little modification at the neck (back of the dish).It could be that the arm of the dish is preventing the dish from moving upward where you fix the U bolt.Look at this picture it could be of help.Look at where i have my finger ,the bar that hold the lnb suppose to come out of that point ,if the U bolt is blocking the movement you wont be able to get higher elevation sat like sirus and w3a .your best bet is to use saw to chop it off a little bit such that free flow of movement is not prevented by the U bolt.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 4:35pm On Feb 10, 2012
see picture 1 and 2 below.Note without doing any modification you may turn picture 1 up side down if your dish can löok like that u will hit green on w3a 7 and sirus 4.that is another good method rather than doing adjustment.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 5:32pm On Feb 10, 2012
Obnelly,
yeah the dish is like that. if i chop it off (end of calibration readings) won't it  be to freely. most painfull part is that i have already painted the back of the dish, i would have return. i need your help coz the major reason i bought the dish was for w3a 7° E.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 6:25pm On Feb 10, 2012
Why are you painting new dish? You have nothing to do with the caliberation part .just move the dish up something must be preventing it from moving further,find what is preventing further movement and find a way of over coming it.from my experience you cut the blockage off like 1 or 2 inches it should move freely,once you hit green just lock or tighten the bolt and nut that will prevent it from moving downward.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 7:26pm On Feb 10, 2012
@Bright02 ur lnb rod is okay but my tv dish have 2type there is on to track w3a and all the other sat i guess the one u buy can not move more than that, or check the dish u may not couple it well there is up and down 4 the back holder, or remove one of the back bolt and use only one bolt to track ur w3a, i hope u get my point it is not the lnb rod that short but either u did not couple it well or ur dish is not desing to track up bird.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 7:45pm On Feb 10, 2012
@ALL You can get SAMANYOLU TV AND FASHION ONE on 4.8e ATRA 4a ku,thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 8:09pm On Feb 10, 2012
ADEX & OBNELLY.

thanks for responding. i paint the back in the order to prevent, i never knew i will encounter this prblem. but i have an idea, my thinking of exchanging i.e to use the U bolt of my 80cm dish locked to 28°E &36°E for my 90cm since i need w3a, and use the U bolt of the 90cm for 80cm. Will it work?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 8:34pm On Feb 10, 2012
You can now get on 7w ATLANTIC BIRD 7A/KU  freq 12022 h 30000 ,AFNEX1,2,DWTV,KTN,STV 1,2,2M MOROC,TVE INT,AL MAGHRIBIYA,CANAL ALGERIE,etc.thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by King411(m): 8:55pm On Feb 10, 2012
gadotor:

@ALL You can get SAMANYOLU TV AND FASHION ONE  on 4.8e ATRA 4a ku,thank you
Thank you!, but i believe those channels have been there for some time now.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:46pm On Feb 10, 2012
Adex70:

@odilibe it is now i saw ur reply on my post concern motorised and arc elevation thanks to u, but is nile sat on thesame arc with hotbird and intel 7/10 in my location?
All this 3 satellites are not on the same arc.
Adex70:

@odilibe thor5/6 ku are not available here in nigeria, intel10-02 also u can only get the cband here, so the sat that are available are sirius4, atlantic b@5w, so wich sat will i use now @the top of arc to get the sat that are out or the arc.
use atlantic-bird 3,but to achieve this your dish should be able to bend sideways to the left when it is facing west or bend sideways at the left when you stand at the back of the dish on atlantic-bird 3 @ 5west and  when moved to 0 degrees it should bend  sideways to the left when standing at east.if you are already receiving sirius 4 at4.8east,atlantic-bird 5 @ 5west,nilesat @ 7west,then you are already receiving satellites that are not on the same arc.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ask1509(m): 9:56pm On Feb 10, 2012
gadotor:

You can now get on ATLANTIC BIRD 7A/KU freq 12022 h 30000 ,AFNEX1,2,DWTV,KTN,STV 1,2,2M MOROC,TVE INT,AL MAGHRIBIYA,CANAL ALGERIE,etc.thank you

Pls is this on the MENA beam or NWA beam?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 10:34pm On Feb 10, 2012
ask1509:

Pls is this on the MENA beam or NWA beam?

i think it 's on MENA, if it's ön NWA beam then it's not active yet.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kevin10: 11:39pm On Feb 10, 2012
pls somebody help with names and numbers of channels on sirus 4 and which are english and french.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adedayo101: 11:41pm On Feb 10, 2012
@odilibe
Pls how can one determine the size of dish that is required or recommended to track a given beam as per the EIRP value of the beam.in other words,i want to know d relationship btw EIRP value and dish size
@obnelly
Welldone .pls can i av ur mail addy?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by King411(m): 12:36am On Feb 11, 2012
kevin10:

pls somebody help with names and numbers of channels on sirus 4 and which are english and french.
Follow this link,it might help you > www.flysat.com/astra4a.php
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by zoboizee: 6:30am On Feb 11, 2012
@adedayo101, very simple.look for the sat u want to track coverage map say in lyngsat (e.g using any search engine- "lyngsat :eutelsat w4/w7 map"wink.or u can click on the colour link in the eirp value column on the sat frequency chart on lyngsat .
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 7:35am On Feb 11, 2012
@GADOTOR no one s asking of price and where to get buy, that have been posted already just post pictures of front and back of M100 as you said you have it for try. it means the thing is your hands like i did .
you can power it and take pictures of how it display so those who have it already will no that it is true M100
some peoples and this forum members have their copy already so they no different between ktv5000 and M100.

GADOTOR WE ARE WAITING FOR THE PICTURES
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adedayo101: 8:59am On Feb 11, 2012
@zobo eee
I av been checking dat lyngsat map for a long time but i avn't to make any sense out of it.no information as to dish size required,just decibel rating on a map.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 9:14am On Feb 11, 2012
Its there Adedayo.it read eirp (db) and dish(cm).the page is green in colour when you open it.okay let me give u a straight link to that ,google"eirp and dish size of hotbird on lyngsat.or any satellite you intend to check.u will see the table there.in my own case i want to check hotbird,if u are checking for astra just reply hotbird with astra vise a vice.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kungu(m): 10:22am On Feb 11, 2012
adedayo101:

@zobo eee
I av been checking dat lyngsat map for a long time but i avn't to make any sense out of it.no information as to dish size required,just decibel rating on a map.

Good Afternoon adedayo101,

You can also use 2 other alternative web sites that offer simpler info on dish size estimates.

satstar.net www.satstar.net/

and the other satbeams http://www.satbeams.com/footprints
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 10:57am On Feb 11, 2012
gadotor:

You can now get on 7w ATLANTIC BIRD 7A/KU  freq 12022 h 30000 ,AFNEX1,2,DWTV,KTN,STV 1,2,2M MOROC,TVE INT,AL MAGHRIBIYA,CANAL ALGERIE,etc.thank you

The freq is off this morning l don,t know what is happening to west africa on this sat,l will be checking and updating you all,thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 11:02am On Feb 11, 2012
French speaking countries like cameroon and togo shd contact me @gadotor@gmail.com thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 12:41pm On Feb 11, 2012
odilibe:

All this 3 satellites are not on the same arc.use atlantic-bird 3,but to achieve this your dish should be able to bend sideways to the left when it is facing west or bend sideways at the left when you stand at the back of the dish on atlantic-bird 3 @ 5west and  when moved to 0 degrees it should bend  sideways to the left when standing at east.if you are already receiving sirius 4 at4.8east,atlantic-bird 5 @ 5west,nilesat @ 7west,then you are already receiving satellites that are not on the same arc.
@odilibe thanks to u all this ku are receiving by me 4rm nss22w to intel 7/10 68.5east it is just iam trying to see how the ofprint bird like nile & hotbird signal can be increase by lossing some signal on receivable beam. Like if adish is fixed on a offprint bird it gain more signal than motorised dish.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 2:12pm On Feb 11, 2012
THIS WILL HELP YOU.THANK YOU

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 2:20pm On Feb 11, 2012
The decoder can have internet connect alright but you all had to talk someone to understand what is meant for,anyone who have any reservations on this decoder can contact me privately or talk to 00233208533199 or mr peter kojo sampah  00233540477691,l not comment on this here anymore.However you can only get kktv 5000 decoder now.thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 2:47pm On Feb 11, 2012
Gadator, the real satellite whizkid among us will know the power of this small machine but cant be liken to DM box though .All the same thumb up.The power lies inside the machine.Discussing the features will be against the rule here,I feel you brother.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kevin10: 5:17pm On Feb 11, 2012
can you track w3c with 60cm in southern part of nigeria and how
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 10:50pm On Feb 11, 2012
@OBNELLY,Kindly let me have your email.I need some info.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 12:42am On Feb 12, 2012
I don't understand you why you copy picture from internet and back post on the net if you have the thing in hand
below is where you copy the picture from

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=281875465205492&set=pu.223852261007813&type=1

i snap shot and send pics plus details to your pm that time you keep quit .
up till now even single picture from  M100 have not been post  from you but you read from here post and show directions to where to get one .some one should get close to this man and as him of single M100 if he can provide it. there is a big gab between KTV500 and M100

thank God that some members now have the two and they no which is which

those of you who don't understand would not get  the meaning and they will be confuse. thanks it didn't  start from
only i hacked. the bad not shell be cast away. 

tomorrow i will open the M100 and take picture from internal for you guys to see it. cos we have it and own it and i know where it from and where is going.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sokopion(m): 1:09am On Feb 12, 2012
@GADOTOR  man the ball is in your court
obenelly post pics from his home I hacked too the  same .now you too you have it you even give number to call  which is not picking a call.OK boss i trust you. don't disappoint me you have it, post  one pic of M100 for as not like the one you copy from Facebook oo! i mean home picture
be fast oo! before I hacked even open the box and take his internal pics

thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (2352) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.