Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,257 members, 7,811,719 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5431214 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 11:43pm On Jul 30, 2011
Newtonn:

@Pidzo,
plz kindly explain to me the meaning of this 4 or 5 oclock you and williams85 are saying.
thks
Pidzo:

@Newtonn
Sorry if my explanation will not be that clear, may be others will come in. Imagine you are standing in front of the dish. Look at it as if it's a clock. In your head put the hour numbers on the dish, 1, 2, 3 up to 12 the way they are arranged on a watch with hour hands. Now take it that when you point at 1 you are at 1 oclock, at 2 you are at 2 oclock, at 3 its 3 oclock up to 12. So, if the lnb knob is directly downwards you would say its at 6 oclock. If it is exactly up or there about you would say its 12 oclock and so on and so forth. I hope you get my 'difficult to comprehend' explanation. grin grin
@newton                                                                     
the pic shows lnb skew using clock@ 5 o'clock. grin

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 12:12am On Jul 31, 2011
Gadotor and all this are some pics of today ku motor i work on
it took me about 45mnte but could not hit green at 45 W

7 w hit green but noting when i came down below are some pic from west to east

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 12:24am On Jul 31, 2011
please someone help me with this motor how thus it work can it move from east too wast

like the one i work on today? see the pics

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Iron2011: 12:36am On Jul 31, 2011
@lovala greetings to the people of cameroon. Whenever you are doing either 2in1, or 3in1 installation for satellites on the same azimuth ( i mean facing the same direction but you just have to raise or lower your your dish to move from one sat to another), then the elevation thread changes. In my location, multi tv is has elevation at 56.1,w7 at 47.3, new dawn at 50, sirius at 80.4, w3 at 78.9,intel 7/10 at12.6, intel 17 at 12.8.
The sat with the lowest elevation goes up and the one with the highest elevation goes under it. I will prove to the house why it so. i am currently stuck with man u v Barca
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by daomi(m): 12:48am On Jul 31, 2011
Pls is there any one in d house who cud help me out,i'm using srt 4669x decoder presently on multi tv.wht additional sport channel can i watch on it?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 1:10am On Jul 31, 2011
@ogunsg please look at pics below with tp 11172 h 1999 and how i hit green at 66 E
please this tp is for tracking only noting there but you can still ask the gurus in the house
if they will tell as why.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 1:12am On Jul 31, 2011
i will continion with each satellite and tp and how it hit green thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 1:15am On Jul 31, 2011
daomi:

Pls is there any one in d house who cud help me out,i'm using srt 4669x decoder presently on multi tv.wht additional sport channel can i watch on it?

on multitv is only joy sports if you need othere one onless you track difrent satelite thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by WebSurfer(m): 2:10am On Jul 31, 2011
Click on my signature and get yourself updated,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 5:30am On Jul 31, 2011
lovala:

@petfun4u:
Thnkx for your clarification. But I still got some issues here.
If I get your explanation well then it will mean that you are hitting Intelsat NewDawn at an elevation above EW4/7 just like I did. But, what doesn’t sink in with me is the fact that you have to place your lnb for EW4/7 above that of Intelsat NewDawn creating the semblance of Intelsat Newdawn having an elevation below that of EW4/7. If it won’t be of much troublem to you then I’ll like some explanation to this occurrence. 

@ Lovala, Intelsat New dawn is at 33'E while w4/w7 is at 36'E and this means that w4/w7 is just 3 degres above Intelsat New dawn. So when you track w4/w7, enter the tp for Intelsat New dawn and bring your dish down a little bit and you will hit green and that is New dawn. Then place another lnb for on top for w4/w7.                                                               @ I Hacked, do you mean that with that little dish that you did hit green on 7 'W  or are you saying another thing ? Kindly clerify.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 6:53am On Jul 31, 2011
@ Lovala, I'm really sorry for this my mistake.  I have posted it before seeing the mistake. I wish I could erase the mistake. I don't want anybody to see it that I'm trying to mislead you. When you track w4/w7, you RAISE IT UP AND NOT DOWN as I said previously. Then you will hit green and that is Intelsat New Dawn. Zero degres count from up. That is when the face of your dish is facing the sky without bending to the east or to the west. From there as you are coming down the degres will be increasing depending weither you are bringing it down to east or west.@ Lovala, I'm really sorry for this my mistake.  I have posted it before seeing the mistake. I wish I could erase the mistake. I don't want anybody to see it that I'm trying to mislead you. When you track w4/w7, you RAISE IT UP AND NOT DOWN as I said previously. Then you will hit green and that is Intelsat New Dawn. Zero degres count from up. That is when the face of your dish is facing the sky without bending to the east or to the west. From there as you are coming down the degres will be increasing depending weither you are bringing it down to east or west.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by marcus1234: 7:16am On Jul 31, 2011
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by etcwest: 8:09am On Jul 31, 2011
@Irish even the so called HD is open on my wiztech t8888

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by etcwest: 8:16am On Jul 31, 2011
Sorry guys uploaded a wrong file

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by daomi(m): 8:22am On Jul 31, 2011
Greeting to all d guru's in da house,i'm presently watchn multi tv wt my 4669x decoder,i m a fooball freak xpecially d european league. I have a seprate 1:8m dish, whc is positioned to dstv/hitv position. Whc fta channels can i watch wt d xtra dish.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 8:55am On Jul 31, 2011
I Hacked:

Great Gadotor and all this are some pics of today ku motor i work on
it took me about 45mnte but  could not hit green at 45 W

7 w hit green but noting when i came down below are some pic from west to east
My brother you have to first have to try to track your dish on some sats without the motor to allow you get the perfect orbit satellite path,by tracking for a sample nss ku with 11050 v 30000, and using the bolts and nuts with dish holder to prevent the dish from moving to south or north,thereby moving only on your one orbit path from east to west.then try and track another satellite at east too,like w4 with 11861 h 27500 and see whether it is possible.it is before then that you can now attach the motor to it from the lowest point at east.try this and see what will follow,text or call me,MY GOOD FRIEND AT NORTH GHANA TOO.YOU ARE WELCOME TO CALL,TRY THIS TOO. thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by osram(m): 9:19am On Jul 31, 2011
Plz,gurus i use strong 4663x and i want to watch show movies channel bt i dnt knw how to go abt it, i nid d gurus help, ur reply wud b highly appreciated.tnx u all am a new comer here
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by maystream: 9:26am On Jul 31, 2011
@George_D
Can I have your e-mail address and phone no.
Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by maystream: 9:27am On Jul 31, 2011
@George_D
Can I have your e-mail address and phone no sent to 'maystream.llc@gmail.com'.
Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tahir01(m): 9:38am On Jul 31, 2011
Gurus in the house how can i get etv back on?,any code or any method?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 9:59am On Jul 31, 2011
@I hacked you have just done something we (most of us any way) have been clamouring for: A locally motorised 30cm-90cm dish with pictures to prove it.Very good job there and a BIG thank you too.please keep it up.
@D lee,
you dont need to repost any corrections next time just modify your initial post and say edited at the end of the post
@osram
Please get a 4669XII or Z,it will pay you better
@Tahir,ETV is not easily viewed these days as they are on nagra 3,no codes for now.
@Gadotor,
good post there. . .love the way you pointed it out to I hacked
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 11:54am On Jul 31, 2011
@ freshp, thanks dear.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 6:31pm On Jul 31, 2011
maystream:

@George_D
Can I have your e-mail address and phone no sent to 'maystream.llc@gmail.com'.
Thanks

@maystream,
You got mail!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 31, 2011
@all, can anyone help me with the solution to my strong decoder srt4651x, when you power it, it just shows lnbf and the signals so off. sometimes ago, when it does that, i will just off and on again and it will work but afta sometime it will show lnbf but recently if you on it it just shows lnbf and because of that i can even use the decoder. i thought it was wire that was touching, but even after disconnecting the wires from the decoder, it still shows that lnbf, [b]PLS I WANT YOU GUYS TO HELP ME OUT
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by zylla(m): 8:14pm On Jul 31, 2011
good day to all da 'gurus'. I'll like to ask some questions from all da gurus in da house: My parents have this black 2.4m dish its fast becoming an antiquity, what can I do with it? Then how can i get a free station that shows free premiership games? What do i need to do, have and, good day to all da 'gurus'. I'll like to ask some questions from all da gurus in da house: My parents have this black 2.4m dish its fast becoming an antiquity, what can I do with it? Then how can i get a free station that shows free premiership games? What do i need to do, have and,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by allison2(m): 9:56pm On Jul 31, 2011
@fresh p, please can i have ur phone numbers. we have to talk.
Thanks.
allison2
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 10:16pm On Jul 31, 2011
@zylla you can use ur 2.4 for many satlite it all depend on ur location, just motorised ur set up with c&ku lnb and you will never ever exprience a dull moment again @ samu long time how is family? @ sword it is long i here 4rm u.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 10:54pm On Jul 31, 2011
Great Gadomor,, freshp and all finally my ku motor with 90cm dish is set with good signals to me
I hit 45 W and all west and east satellite. please check pic 1 below why still this tp red?

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 11:48pm On Jul 31, 2011
gadotor this is the sat the other time talk about see pic below

32W have the same thank u

this is over now tomorrow we will talk about Darl 3612 motor
which can move ku 100cm 120cm 2.4 meter or 3 meter dish from east to west
play with FTA as mach as i like on any sat that cover my area. gadotor and all
i will call you or post when am in difficulty

thank you

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 12:31am On Aug 01, 2011
zylla:

good day to all da 'gurus'. I'll like to ask some questions from all da gurus in da house: My parents have this black 2.4m dish its fast becoming an antiquity, what can I do with it? Then how can i get a free station that shows free premiership games? What do i need to do, have and, good day to all da 'gurus'. I'll like to ask some questions from all da gurus in da house: My parents have this black 2.4m dish its fast becoming an antiquity, what can I do with it? Then how can i get a free station that shows free premiership games? What do i need to do, have and,

My bro i think you have to read from the old post there is one great man hear whom i love so much l
am not hearing from him again he's called biggjoe read his post and others we are all learning's from them i hope by a few weeks time we will make our own dish according to the size we want .we will not buy from Anny company
dish making is very easy if we are not lazy we can do it and even better
so bro keep reading hear I mean the gurus old post and the books at books shops some times
after you have know how to install satellite dish

thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 01, 2011
@all, can anyone help me with the solution to my strong decoder srt4651x, when you power it, it just shows lnbf and the signals so off. sometimes ago, when it does that, i will just off and on again and it will work but afta sometime it will show lnbf but recently if you on it it just shows lnbf and because of that i can even use the decoder. i thought it was wire that was touching, but even after disconnecting the wires from the decoder, it still shows that lnbf, [b]PLS I WANT YOU GUYS TO HELP ME OUT
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 8:09am On Aug 01, 2011
@Tonnero23
I think the shorting is happening in the tuner. Take it to a technician who will identify the faulty part and replace it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.