Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5440220 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1234) (1235) (1236) (1237) (1238) (1239) (1240) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodguy: 4:28pm On Apr 24, 2016
Chinedu7:

I told him if satellite is about the distance not Cardinal point, they I have done 3w and 21w, which I believe is far bigger than 7e and 7w and again I have seen pictures of 3w and 5e from several people on this forum. I don't have to burn myself on the sun to prove anything to someone who doesn’t deserve it.
What baffles me is how he has been in satellite work for a decade yet he doesn't know basics of satellite. I don't know what he has been tracking.

You're a joker and a clown.

I'm educating you, but seems you're a slow learner.

On eastern cardinal point, it very possible to use a 90cm dish to track satellites that are over 10cm apart, but same cannot be said of using a small dish for east and west satellites even though the distance between them seems shorter.

Go and ask. The elusive 9e that some people are finding it hard to get all the tps, I'm one of the first few Nigerians that successfully brought down that satellite.

I've been enjoying that 9e for over a month. Malix, emmachile and aroseyi, would educate you better.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:28pm On Apr 24, 2016
davodguy:

Just shut up. I'm not on about whether any satellite face north, east, south or west. Just go ahead to prove that your .9m dish can help you get 7e and 7w in a static position. If you can't prove it, forever remain mute

Keep on exhibiting high level of ignorance. May be you have comprehension issues and failed to read my post about Cardinal point Satellites that are trackable with a static dish, if not you wouldn't be talking about distance

Too many kids
SMH
Must you throw insults to prove ur point ? Kids everywhere

5 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodguy: 4:32pm On Apr 24, 2016
akinremedy:

@Davodguy, please where do u buy ur sattelite equipments? I buy mine from Alaba market and i got my 1.8m for 10k after ur post about selling ur's on dis forum. I'll appreciate it if u can tell me the market where i can get genuine dishes. Thanks

Still same Alaba, but most things there are from China and very fake.

Malix is my trusted hand. Even though we fight sometimes. grin. But if you want to buy anything, go for strong products from Sobis at Alaba.

All supermax either in oshodi or Alaba markets are fake, lighter pans and not exactly 180cm.

If you've not gotten your 180cm, buy a ground mount strong from sobis via Malix and then modify the neck to support a pole stand
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunene1: 4:38pm On Apr 24, 2016
davodguy:

You're really missing the gist.
On 130cm and bigger dishes, you can perform wonders,including motorising your set.

The focal point here is on 0.9m dish in a static position

My dish at home is motorised and I have over 3000 channels from over 10 Satellites in eastern and western positions. 7e, 7 w, 36e, 22w etc
i,m going to settle this score once and for all when sun goes down i will dislodge my 90cm dish and track the 7w and 7e together and feed the house.cos chinedu and davodguy are 2 out of the great gurus that remain on this forum and we can not afford to loose them to arguement.so let the arguement stop and let us forge ahead and bring down more fringe satellites.one love

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodguy: 4:41pm On Apr 24, 2016
sunene1:
i,m going to settle this score once and for all when sun goes down i will dislodge my 90cm dish and track the 7w and 7e together and feed the house.cos chinedu and davodguy are 2 out of the great gurus that remain on this forum and we can not afford to loose them to arguement.so let the arguement stop and let us forge ahead and bring down more fringe satellites.one love

Nice challenge.

You have my support.

If you can genuinely do it, I'll give you a thumbs up openly here on Nairaland.

Like I posited earlier, I'm opened to learning new things and not just coming here to make a claim that hasn't been proven as true by anyone

Cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sauceEEP(m): 4:57pm On Apr 24, 2016
Chinedu7:

1. 9e in South East, Delta state with one metre is impossible, you need 2.4 solid and above.
2. Yes, Sports 24 is still alive but on 1.8m and above.
3. Adding 7e to 7w is possible to it won't be easy.
4. SES 5 has good channels, it depends on what you are looking for. If it's sports then forget it, but if it's variety then you are good to go. SABC 1 of South Africa is currently free to Air. I loved that Channel when it was free on Cband. You can get it and other channels on SES 5.
5. Continental is available in Nigeria only ABS 3 at 3w but it's been scrambled for a while now, though they open up occasionally.

Please can you list the channels on SES 5
Can it be nailed with a 90cm,if yes give me the frequency and symbol rate
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Penuelseun(m): 5:02pm On Apr 24, 2016
kingsley6:

Thanks for your timely response.. .. I am using blue dstv dish and I am at elesare after road block before Oke Odu.....
It is trackable with that blue dish, I am in arakale
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 5:18pm On Apr 24, 2016
sunene1:
So nice of you. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kingsley6(m): 7:51pm On Apr 24, 2016
Penuelseun:
It is trackable with that blue dish, I am in arakale

Thanks .... Please.... This is my number, flash me.... Or WhatsApp me... 07058132980.
Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SweetWJ(m): 8:08pm On Apr 24, 2016
davodguy:

You're a joker and a clown.

I'm educating you, but seems you're a slow learner.

On eastern cardinal point, it very possible to use a 90cm dish to track satellites that are over 10cm apart, but same cannot be said of using a small dish for east and west satellites even though the distance between them seems shorter.

Guys we are all here to learn wether a Professional, Genius, Guru, Expert or Master. Once u assume u know it all, then dat will b the end of d level of ur knowledge. One honorable memba of dis forum once asked a question which was supposed to b asked by a newbie because he was close to an xpert in satellite matters. D question was dis, 'how can i edit frequency of particular tp'. He knew how to do it b4 but has 4gotten. Someone else below his class reminded him.
I am a novice in Sat matters cos am willin to learn and improve as long as i live. Wit d little knowledge i have from dis forum an other ones, i learnt dat d distance are measured in degrees. Also i have come across post on other site sayin they added SES 5 @5E to an already fixed Nilesat 7W which are on different polarity or cardinal points. Wen i enquired abt addin 7E to 7W, i got no answer abt its possibility dats i asked here. I dont see why we should be abusin an insultin each other. We should embrace peace. because we cant grow in an environment filled wit rancour an crisis. One Love.

Go and ask. The elusive 9e that some people are finding it hard to get all the tps, I'm one of the first few Nigerians that successfully brought down that satellite.

I've been enjoying that 9e for over a month. Malix, emmachile and aroseyi, would educate you better.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by amlad66: 8:57pm On Apr 24, 2016
Chinedu7:
So nice of you. Thanks
Satelite Gurus,i realy thank you all.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 9:24pm On Apr 24, 2016
sauceEEP:

Go to Google and type SES 5 on lyngsat or SES 5 on flysat. Open any of the link, you'll see list of the channels there.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jahstech: 10:43pm On Apr 24, 2016
Chinedu7:

Go to Google and type SES 5 on lyngsat or SES 5 on flysat. Open any of the link, you'll see list of the channels there.
Good evening chinedu, please do you know if the Champion TV on Astra 2F is still broadcasting?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lele4u(m): 11:05pm On Apr 24, 2016
sunene1:
Please do not waste your time. If you even track 7w on the east side alone is impossible. What chinedu his saying is only possible when you motorized your dish. It's simple without motorize you cannot get 7e and 7w on the same position. 5e is exceptional because the same program is on the west side. But 7e and 7w are two different satellite. Please I assure you its not possible.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by life707: 12:51am On Apr 25, 2016
Important factors to consider when combining two or more satellites are
1) Footprint.
2) Distance between the satellites
3 Signal strength (Erwp level).

In as much as distance between satellites is important, the signal strength is paramount.
On a small dish of 90cm, a satellite of low Erwp level e.g Eutelsat 7w and 7e can only be tracked with the primary LNB.

So if 7w is primary how do you track 7e with the secondary lnb?. The logic here is that both satellites require a minimum of 90cm to pop up.

In other words, both MBC @ 7w and RTS @ 7e can't be nailed on 60cm individually.

From my experience, satellites with very high Erwp levels (e.gnss7 @22w Ab3 @3w, ses5 @5e, Amos@17e, Joytv @28.2e ) are easily tracked on 60cm and can be combined using the secondary lnb.

From the foregoing, 7w can be the primary on a 90cm and 22w can be the secondary lnb and not the other way round. Even though, the distance between them is the same.

I hope this helps.

NB: check your facts about 21w on 90cm....I doubt very much. I did a lot of research on this satellite when I introduced the 3 in 1 lnb thread back in 2010.

4 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by life707: 12:58am On Apr 25, 2016
Sorry, I was referring to 21.6e not obtainable on 90cm
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 7:10am On Apr 25, 2016
life707:
1) Footprint.

In as much as distance between satellites is important, the signal strength is paramount.
On a small dish of 90cm, a satellite of low Erwp level e.g Eutelsat 7w and 7e can only be tracked with the primary LNB.

So if 7w is primary how do you track 7e with the secondary lnb?. The logic here is that both satellites require a minimum of 90cm to pop up.

In other words, both MBC @ 7w and RTS @ 7e can't be nailed on 60cm individually.

From my experience, satellites with very high Erwp levels (e.gnss7 @22w Ab3 @3w, ses5 @5e, Amos@17e, Joytv @28.2e ) are easily tracked on 60cm and can be combined using the secondary lnb.

From the foregoing, 7w can be the primary on a 90cm and 22w can be the secondary lnb and not the other way round. Even though, the distance between them is the same.

I hope this helps.

NB: check your facts about 21w on 90cm....I doubt very much. I did a lot of research on this satellite when I introduced the 3 in 1 lnb thread back in 2010.

Bros, well done. The two stats can live together on 90cm, 7w as primary and 7e as secondary. That's all I can say before I start getting more abuses.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodguy: 7:30am On Apr 25, 2016
lele4u:

Please do not waste your time. If you even track 7w on the east side alone is impossible. What chinedu his saying is only possible when you motorized your dish. It's simple without motorize you cannot get 7e and 7w on the same position. 5e is exceptional because the same program is on the west side. But 7e and 7w are two different satellite. Please I assure you its not possible.

Thank you for this comment.

Emmachile one of my guys and very experienced satellite enthusiast like myself said the same thing

All the belligerent got to do is confirm his claim and not just sit behind the screen. After all, nothing is really impossible. We must keep trying until we get it done grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodguy: 7:33am On Apr 25, 2016
sauceEEP:

Check this link. http://www.flysat.com/ses5.php

Flysat is more detailed than lyngsat. Lyngsat can sometimes fail to update, but flysat goes further to list all channels available on a particular satellite
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodguy: 7:39am On Apr 25, 2016
life707:
1) Footprint.

I hope this helps.

The highlighted was reiterated times without number Yesterday. Satellite doesn't really have to do with distances. Satellite could be close yet cant be gotten on same dish cos of different alignment and coverage reception

Its like when we tried to align Sport 24 on the west and Sony on the East. It's not really easy doing so on my motorised dish. You must favour one satellite than the other. Hence, you'll have to be contented with a poor reception on one at the expense of the other

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lele4u(m): 9:23am On Apr 25, 2016
davodguy:

The highlighted was reiterated times without number Yesterday. Satellite doesn't really have to do with distances. Satellite could be close yet cant be gotten on same dish cos of different alignment and coverage reception

Its like when we tried to align Sport 24 on the west and Sony on the East. It's not really easy doing so on my motorised dish. You must favour one satellite than the other. Hence, you'll have to be contented with a poor reception on one at the expense of the other
That is right. You can not track East and west at the same time on one dish
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Alexdinho10(m): 10:13am On Apr 25, 2016
Hi Friends i need your help best tp for tracking mbc on nilesat its urgen becouse im under the sun pls help
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jerana15(m): 10:18am On Apr 25, 2016
Alexdinho10:
Hi Friends i need your help best tp for tracking mbc on nilesat its urgen becouse im under the sun pls help

11474 v 27500

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sambass(m): 11:29am On Apr 25, 2016
SweetWJ:
Thank u very much my broda. God bless u.
@CHINEDU7 i tracked 9e with startimes 1m dish an got 128channels since last month at umuoji in anambra state and also bought d acct from austin arinze if u knw him......so stop telling ppl dat is not possible to get 9e in d east.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 12:32pm On Apr 25, 2016
sambass:
@CHINEDU7 i tracked 9e with startimes 1m dish an got 128channels since last month at umuoji in anambra state and also bought d acct from austin arinze if u knw him......so stop telling ppl dat is not possible to get 9e in d east.
Wow! That sounds like a miracle, which lnbf did you use? I tried that with Consat 1m and Short Strong lnb, and again with 2.4m, I only managed to get few channels like 25 channels in total. Actually, you are the first person that I know that has tracked it in Anambra State, maybe Umuoji is an exception, it's possible because make no mistake there are many good and experienced installers in Onitsha, all of them can't be wrong. You can explain your trick and LNB type, it might help thanks. It's good to hear your testimony.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by michealblakky: 3:06pm On Apr 25, 2016
LA goscians just call me on 08034168868 or 08177274773 for our eutelsat 9e installation
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:49pm On Apr 25, 2016
Chinedu7:

Wow! That sounds like a miracle, which lnbf did you use? I tried that with Consat 1m and Short Strong lnb, and again with 2.4m, I only managed to get few channels like 25 channels in total. Actually, you are the first person that I know that has tracked it in Anambra State, maybe Umuoji is an exception, it's possible because make no mistake there are many good and experienced installers in Onitsha, all of them can't be wrong. You can explain your trick and LNB type, it might help thanks. It's good to hear your testimony.
Am surprised too,just go to his posts from his profile,and u would get his no,I don't think he is a regular here!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hotobo(m): 3:55pm On Apr 25, 2016
Hi room. I couldn't comprehend what this mean. Got an update on Varzish-sport-hd on 52.2e though it's ku band... Looking at the FEC at 2/3 my assumption is that possibly we can track it with 1.8cm. Someone should equally read the info and tell us how he understand it here. http://najmsat2018.com/varzish-sport-hd/ and the satellite here http://www.flysat.com/yahsat1a-info.php

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 4:45pm On Apr 25, 2016
hotobo:
Hi room. I couldn't comprehend what this mean. Got an update on Varzish-sport-hd on 52.2e though it's ku band... Looking at the FEC at 2/3 my assumption is that possibly we can track it with 1.8cm. Someone should equally read the info and tell us how he understand it here. http://najmsat2018.com/varzish-sport-hd/ and the satellite here http://www.flysat.com/yahsat1a-info.php
Is this channel the same as Varshez TV3?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 5:09pm On Apr 25, 2016
@all the gurus in the house, is like something is going on @57e, i just saw DSTV dish installed in my area 2 days ago, the dish is having C Band lnbf, conical scaler ring, and the dish is facing dstv direction, i suspect may be MTN Worldwide package may be recievable with 1m dish now, pls can someone confirm it and let the house know.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by valentinocards(m): 5:25pm On Apr 25, 2016
kingsley6:
Hours under the sun trying to track 9e but all to not avail.... I keep on getting ses5 channels.... Please, I need directions.... I have read previous post and I have tried all logics but still nothing came up apart from ses5 channels.... Please.... Help o.... This Akure sun almost finish me on top roof today....
to get 9.0E without much stress.
you must have a very good LNB (mine is Premium HD)
firstly track madagascar with 12728 h 30000 and mark the angle of elevation
secondly, track zuku with 11938 h 27500 and mark the angle of elevation.
thirdly, now move the back to madagascar and note the difference in the angle of elevation.
fortly, now make the same difference in the angle of elevation down. (tap your dish down).
from your decoder input 11804 h 27500
skrew the LNB direction from 7 0clock to 5 0clock
then move your dish to the right side gradually until you hit green. (if you are facing the dish)
goodluck
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by arbourboateng: 5:36pm On Apr 25, 2016
graphicicon:
@all the gurus in the house, is like something is going on @57e, i just saw DSTV dish installed in my area 2 days ago, the dish is having C Band lnbf, conical scaler ring, and the dish is facing dstv direction, i suspect may be MTN Worldwide package may be recievable with 1m dish now, pls can someone confirm it and let the house know.
Bro that direction is 20e Saudi 1 and 2 position formal irib direction

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1234) (1235) (1236) (1237) (1238) (1239) (1240) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.