Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5427990 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1260) (1261) (1262) (1263) (1264) (1265) (1266) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Akinige(m): 3:23pm On May 22, 2016
pls whats the minimum percentage of sport 24 required on 35.4 west ? cus mine refused to go beyond 46 while my nta is 73 i wud like to know may be there is xtra adjustment i sud apply? thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by folex(m): 3:48pm On May 22, 2016
Akinige:
pls whats the minimum percentage of sport 24 required on 35.4 west ? cus mine refused to go beyond 46 while my nta is 73 i wud like to know may be there is xtra adjustment i sud apply? thanks.
With 46% you shld enjoy it without freezing. Good thing is it doesn't disappear at night like the former one at 20 W.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 3:53pm On May 22, 2016
folex:

With 46% you shld enjoy it without freezing. Good thing is it doesn't disappear at night like the former one at 20 W.
lnb skew pls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by folex(m): 4:43pm On May 22, 2016
abohwun:
lnb skew pls

You have to tweak yours to get your best fit! Not same for everyone!

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by engrjosefz(m): 5:05pm On May 22, 2016
Bauchi state let's roll... Just arrived Bauchi state yesterday.

if you need a perfect installation of sports24 and others kindly Holla this contact 07039052538 calls or WA. 1.8m, nd above. fixed or motorized.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HAH: 5:24pm On May 22, 2016
Wow my installer got sport24 in less than 10 minutes in Kaduna, its steady at quality 90%. I use a 2.4 dish
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sambass(m): 6:34pm On May 22, 2016
HAH:
Wow my installer got sport24 in less than 10 minutes in Kaduna, its steady at quality 90%. I use a 2.4 dish
getting 90% with strong decoder not possible in dis life.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 6:54pm On May 22, 2016
HAH:
Sports24, 90% with 2.4m. One thing is sure, your decoder isn't Strong, that signal could be 55% or 57% on srt4922 even 4950h wouldn't go that far.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ManTiger(m): 7:56pm On May 22, 2016
Where is the match?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HAH: 7:59pm On May 22, 2016
Chinedu7:

Sports24, 90% with 2.4m. One thing is sure, your decoder isn't Strong, that signal could be 55% or 57% on srt4922 even 4950h wouldn't go that far.

sambass:
getting 90% with strong decoder not possible in dis life.
Chinedu7:

Yes I use Alphabox x4, to be honest even when it was heavy raining the signal doesn't shake
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by TSHIRT2: 8:18pm On May 22, 2016
Chinedu7:

Even with my 3.2m,i have 50% to 57% with 4950h
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by yaseen1: 8:41pm On May 22, 2016
Copa dery final on Angel tv @ multi tv
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by paulowas(m): 9:44pm On May 22, 2016
yaseen1:

dats nice to hear
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by paulowas(m): 9:48pm On May 22, 2016
yaseen1:

dats nice to know
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Akinige(m): 10:33pm On May 22, 2016
folex:

thanks its true dat it didnt disappear in the nite its workin without freeze
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by arbourboateng: 10:56pm On May 22, 2016
Max TV on multi TV will air copa America so let's keep our finger cross

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by verwegsatteliet: 12:27am On May 23, 2016
Ismy5000:

i dont think we get your question right. explain better
what i can receive what i have.
Second i got dual band cku lnb on the bigh dish.
Settings f ku and c band for intelsat 20 8n dreambox primefocus needed t be how many degrees in elevation higher than offset dish
Last which option is for me better i believe mbc have English nilesat nwa beam possible my location.
Thinking 1st now to motorized a 3.3m mesh dish c band and later replace with 4.5m mesh.
Second motorized a general3.2 two piece solid pfocus f ku band and or later 3.8 dish that u seen at embassies

Other question got overview on intelsat 20 which sat is better astra 4.9 e for reception or intelsat 20 also on extra fta reception after the onpenview hd package
So what able to receive with my setups
Finally to what upgrade my old dreambox decoder. I want t watch 52.3 e yahasat and if i can get nilesat and 28.2e,hotbird excetra especially
Can a normal decoder work like a satellite perfect sp500 anybody know how t upgrade these decoders are strong only one usuable don't want everytime to upgrade decoder looking for something can do general fta and multi tv mbc action still also later usuable f extra .careds not paired like common access
Can use my dreambox for extraview f dstv,
?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ganex: 5:38am On May 23, 2016
verwegsatteliet:

1st now what i can receive what i have.
Second i got dual band cku lnb on the bigh dish.
Settings f ku and c band for intelsat 20 8n dreambox primefocus needed t be how many degrees in elevation higher than offset dish
Last which option is for me better i believe mbc have English nilesat nwa beam possible my location.
Thinking 1st now3.3m mesh motorized later replace with 4.5m mesh
And one ku and c3.8m embassy solid dish f ku motoprized.
Don't get all the astral 4a with m1.8m dish also some reason my lnb freq seems t make some channels appear t be how108 lowerthan on flysat list Oslo changing the vertical t horizontal
Got vertical not showing or locking like horizontal that's supposed t be vertical on flysat so lnb freq polarization changes or swap the reverse from flysat
Other question got overview on intelsat 20 which sat is better astra 4.9 e for reception or intelsat 20 also on extra fta reception after the onpenview hd package
So what able to receive with my setups
Finally to what upgrade my decoder tones hd vu plus strong which decoder got the best patches not t expensive and can do mumultiple cards.
Can use my dreambox for extraview f dstv,
Who understand the above,,?
?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sauceEEP(m): 8:47am On May 23, 2016
Geeks in the house, can I add another lnb to my zuku/startime dish to receive more fta channels? If yes I need the tp to track it and the channels.

Combining two lnbf on one dish is giving me tough time. Tried attaching another lnb to pick tvc news on my already tracked multi TV dish but I failed. Please I need to know where am getting it wrong. Does lnb skew and elevation matter when attaching a secondary?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by consumingfire: 9:14am On May 23, 2016
Chinedu7:

Bros, fortunately you can achieve all you have mentioned 'but' you need a big motorize 2.4m dish only. Combine three lnbfs(one cband with dielectric Plate, one cband without plate and one Ku-Band). That is the only way to get everything you have mentioned. On Apstar7 you will get premium cartoon channels like Disney, NICK JR and so on, you will also have channels like E-entertainment, SONY movies, AXN, etc in HD with other stations that air good recent TV series. Telemundo is also free on Apstar 7 in English Language. Then on IS20 Cband - HBO and SONY-PIX for top blockbuster movies. AFN Atlantic on 1west also offers good premium movies with better picture quality than other receivable AFN found elsewhere. For Sports you have SONY on IS20 and Sports24 on 34w. Your MBCs are easy to get with even 90cm but with 3-in-1 motorized dish, everything is covered. That is if you have space for a 2.4m dish and of course you will need a very good installer for that. For local channels you will get NTA, Channels TV and WAP TV all free. I can tell you that with this combo you will feel like watching more than DSTV 'free' in your home.

Which lnb do one use as the primary the one with plate or without .
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by consumingfire: 9:15am On May 23, 2016
Chinedu7:

Bros, fortunately you can achieve all you have mentioned 'but' you need a big motorize 2.4m dish only. Combine three lnbfs(one cband with dielectric Plate, one cband without plate and one Ku-Band). That is the only way to get everything you have mentioned. On Apstar7 you will get premium cartoon channels like Disney, NICK JR and so on, you will also have channels like E-entertainment, SONY movies, AXN, etc in HD with other stations that air good recent TV series. Telemundo is also free on Apstar 7 in English Language. Then on IS20 Cband - HBO and SONY-PIX for top blockbuster movies. AFN Atlantic on 1west also offers good premium movies with better picture quality than other receivable AFN found elsewhere. For Sports you have SONY on IS20 and Sports24 on 34w. Your MBCs are easy to get with even 90cm but with 3-in-1 motorized dish, everything is covered. That is if you have space for a 2.4m dish and of course you will need a very good installer for that. For local channels you will get NTA, Channels TV and WAP TV all free. I can tell you that with this combo you will feel like watching more than DSTV 'free' in your home.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 9:30am On May 23, 2016
consumingfire:

I attached a picture, Ku-Band as primary, c-band with plate will be below the primary, while cband without plate is on top of the primary. Reason, if cband without plate is attached below the primary, it will cut off Thaicom from the motor, because sats that require plates starts from Intelsat 906 at 64. 2°E. While sats that doesn't require plate starts from Thaicom 5&6 @78.5°E. That setup has to be like that for maximum efficiency.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by consumingfire: 10:06am On May 23, 2016
Chinedu7:

I attached a picture, Ku-Band as primary, c-band with plate will be below the primary, while cband without plate is on top of the primary. Reason, if cband without plate is attached below the primary, it will cut off Thaicom from the motor, because sats that require plates starts from Intelsat 906 at 64. 2°E. While sats that doesn't require plate starts from Thaicom 5&6 @78.5°E. That setup has to be like that for maximum efficiency.

Wao that's great.you are a guinus.now what if I use lnb with plate as the primary and the one with out plate and Ku on top.would l get such impressive result.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 10:15am On May 23, 2016
consumingfire:

Wao that's great.you are a guinus.now what if I use lnb with plate as the primary and the one with out plate and Ku on top.would l get such impressive result.
Like I said, the lnb without plate can only be used as primary or on top if used below you will lose Thaicom unless you want to sacrifice Thaicom, again using Ku-Band on top is OK but could be problematic when finding the dish balance because Ku-Band signal tends to disappear with slight shift. Example I am in Anambra State where 9e is difficult, when I used Ku-Band on top of the primary, finding the balance between getting 9e, IS20 ku and MBC became problematic because 9e goes with slightest shift and I still had to balance the other lnbs, that is why I ended up with ku as primary and it worked.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by consumingfire: 11:48am On May 23, 2016
Chinedu7:

Like I said, the lnb without plate can only be used as primary or on top if used below you will lose Thaicom unless you want to sacrifice Thaicom, again using Ku-Band on top is OK but could be problematic when finding the dish balance because Ku-Band signal tends to disappear with slight shift. Example I am in Anambra State where 9e is difficult, when I used Ku-Band on top of the primary, finding the balance between getting 9e, IS20 ku and MBC became problematic because 9e goes with slightest shift and I still had to balance the other lnbs, that is why I ended up with ku as primary and it worked.

Thanks a million.when am done with the installion l will give you a feedback.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by paulowas(m): 12:06pm On May 23, 2016
Chinedu7:

kudos to your part, Brother and you must be a good teacher!keep it up!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by consumingfire: 12:09pm On May 23, 2016
Chinedu7:

@chinedu7,can l the better tracking frequencies for apstar7 and the thiacom5 and co.thank you once again.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 12:27pm On May 23, 2016
consumingfire:

@chinedu7,can l the better tracking frequencies for apstar7 and the thiacom5 and co.thank you once again.
Thaicom 3640 H 28066, Apstar 7@76.5E - 3725 V 5925
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by cabes007: 1:33pm On May 23, 2016
Chinedu7:

Thaicom 3640 H 28066, Apstar 7@76.5E - 3725 V 5925

Bross thanks for d wonderful exposure pls one should we use for d lnb with out plate... and d one for d lnb wit plate.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by cabes007: 1:38pm On May 23, 2016
Chinedu7@ lastly pls how do we know a channel dat needs C band with out plate on it pls very important
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 2:35pm On May 23, 2016
cabes007:
Chinedu7@ lastly pls how do we know a channel dat needs C band with out plate on it pls very important

If you go to Lyngsat or Flysat and you see the Cband frequency indicated as 3675 L 2000 or 3675 R 2000 instead of the usual H or V just know you will need that teflon plate inside your Cband LNB
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ismy5000: 2:46pm On May 23, 2016
sauceEEP:
Geeks in the house, can I add another lnb to my zuku/startime dish to receive more fta channels? If yes I need the tp to track it and the channels.

Combining two lnbf on one dish is giving me tough time. Tried attaching another lnb to pick tvc news on my already tracked multi TV dish but I failed. Please I need to know where am getting it wrong. Does lnb skew and elevation matter when attaching a secondary?

i think you can still add 9east to it. but 9east will be d primary . after all afn is still showing some nice movies . is d cccam opening zuku/startime stations ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1260) (1261) (1262) (1263) (1264) (1265) (1266) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.