Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1617) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5439903 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1614) (1615) (1616) (1617) (1618) (1619) (1620) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pryncipal: 8:26pm On Sep 24, 2017
[quote author=Monlo post=60780486]

My dear forget it,they have since reduced the signal strength of that tp.Hitherto was on 1.8m here in the North,even now my 2.4m dish cannot bring that tp down,however all other tps on that satellite are live .......??.
Enjoy!.[/quote

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by baggiosne: 9:33pm On Sep 24, 2017
baggiosne:
Pls house is sport 24 on West side still dey exists?
anyone locked on dis position shld please say smtin,!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 10:16pm On Sep 24, 2017
baggiosne:
anyone locked on dis position shld please say smtin,!
Both East and West are still on. At the moment I think the west is more difficult to track with 1.8m.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by baggiosne: 10:20pm On Sep 24, 2017
Chinedu7:

Both East and West are still on. At the moment I think the west is more difficult to track with 1.8m.
God ll bless you my broda
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 24, 2017
tziz:
Guys, I'm new here. Please I need assistance on somethings. Iam a DIY guy but a noob in dis FTA field. I have an LG Smart TV with Satellite receiver/tuner, so I decided to test the satellite feature with a dish today but Iam getting 0 channels, Iv been trying since morning aligning and realigning the dish to no avail. Iv tuned into NileSat 7.0 and some others I saw, didn't work. Is there something I'm missing? Can someone give me a step by step guide on how to go about Satellite tuning in LG Satellite TVs Pls...
Below are pics of the Dish, the Satellite Tuner interface of the TV and d details on the LNB...
The TV model is 42LF580V.
Hello bro, that T V'S tuner is awesome! but first get a separate decoder/receiver and track any FTA channel.after you have gotten pictures, you then disconnect from the receiver and connect the TV with the coaxial cable.if you do auto scan you will not get any response.You need to manually key in the frequency and the SR.. once you key in the correct values , the tuner will quickly scan for the channels and save them.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 24, 2017
Chinedu7:

The best lnb position for tracking 99% of C-band is also 3oclock because with that you need not rise or lower tilt towards the South when using bigger than 1.8meter dish.
However, for those with 1.8m, you can put the dish at a level plane whiles facing the sky and also remember to be on the arc, when you hit NTA ,enter the frequency for AFN, Get the highest frequency for AFN, once you are over 70%, just blind scan and MTN package will appear.For first timers using 1.8m, you cannot track MTN West directly, your focus should be on AFN signal.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by harthonder(m): 11:02pm On Sep 24, 2017
Pls does 9e still showing champions league?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ksliman: 11:41pm On Sep 24, 2017
Hmmm page 1616 Wt luvly number
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ugotuf(m): 2:09am On Sep 25, 2017
TSTV finally births on ABS3 @3'W, Blind scan and start flexing right away. TP 12529/V/36000. Only 7channels are on for now. They just launched few minutes ago.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kingsley6(m): 5:32am On Sep 25, 2017
ugotuf:
TSTV finally births on ABS3 @3'W, Blind scan and start flexing right away. TP 12529/V/36000. Only 7channels are on for now. They just launched few minutes ago.

Can I attach another lnb to my MBC west side to get ABS 3 WEST?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by daddy001: 7:02am On Sep 25, 2017
ugotuf:
how far is it from ses5@east
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 7:43am On Sep 25, 2017
kingsley6:

yes I have done it before.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ugotuf(m): 8:11am On Sep 25, 2017
daddy001:
how far is it from ses5@east
Standing behind your SES5 dish, it's the next bird you will hit as you turn right. It's about 8 deg far from SES 5e.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ugotuf(m): 8:22am On Sep 25, 2017
kingsley6:

It's very possible, Mark the position of your 7w, tract 3'w and afterwards just place the 7'w lnbf on top of 3'w with 1cm space in between them. NB. I did it on 90cm dish so the space between the lnbfs will vary with dish sizes.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by daddy001: 8:50am On Sep 25, 2017
ugotuf:

Standing behind your SES5 dish, it's the next bird you will hit as you turn right. It's about 8 deg far from SES 5e.
is the elevation as high as Ses5: Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ludakristos: 9:29am On Sep 25, 2017
lincolnola:

@ ludakristos,
Pls kindly upload the pix of the signal IC so that radionic doesn't do more havoc than good to the decoder.........thnx

Sorry I don't have an open decoder to show you, but if you open your decoder you'll see that a small squared chip, about the size of of a fingernail. Just give it to guys who work on decoders and tell them is signal problem.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 10:11am On Sep 25, 2017
ludakristos:

Sorry I don't have an open decoder to show you, but if you open your decoder you'll see that a small squared round chip, about the size of of a fingernail. Just give it to guys who work on decoders and tell them is signal problem.
Haha... even your description is confusing.How can something be squared and round at the same time?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ludakristos: 10:30am On Sep 25, 2017
ben1daEbiri:
Haha... even your description is confusing.How can something be squared and round at the same time?

Lol. Sorry. Ignore the round pls. Its squared. My village people at work!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 10:31am On Sep 25, 2017
Those with srt4950H can smile now as software for sp24 is ready for download. http://www.crosat.us/upload/index.php?action=view&filename=SRT4950H_V4.18p_25092017.zip&directory=Strong%20Receivers%2FStrong%20WIZKID%20Files%2FStrong%204%20Middle%20East
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by eerekake(m): 4:59pm On Sep 25, 2017
Goodday house,i'm finding it difficult to track sp24.I tried it for almost 6 hours in my 3.5m mesh dish
in west,i got NTA 97% and AFN 77% still no way.I then turn to my 2.4m pan dish for east,i got
TCHAD 71% i tweak and tweak the Lnb still no way.I used 17kk supermax lnb.What am i not doing
right?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 5:29pm On Sep 25, 2017
eerekake:
Goodday house,i'm finding it difficult to track sp24.I tried it for almost 6 hours in my 3.5m mesh dish
in west,i got NTA 97% and AFN 77% still no way.I then turn to my 2.4m pan dish for east,i got
TCHAD 71% i tweak and tweak the Lnb still no way.I used 17kk supermax lnb.What am i not doing
right?
Did try changing the the direction of your plate.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Monlo(m): 5:35pm On Sep 25, 2017
eerekake:
right?

With that signal strength on Tchad,you should get it,am currently on it.Do change the position of your dielectric plate,Manually input this tp and scan:4096V30000.I dont have that high signal strength,yet am cool,even as attachment as secondary LNB on my 2.4m pan dish.Thank me later.
Enjoy.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IGN44(m): 6:06pm On Sep 25, 2017
House how about 3d tech autorol can it do the best for sp24?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 6:28pm On Sep 25, 2017
eerekake:
TCHAD 71% i tweak and tweak the Lnb still no way.I used 17kk supermax lnb. What am i not doing
right?
I said earlier that the West is more difficult to get now than the East because of that tweaking.
Follow these tweaks
* I recommend glass over plastic plates.
* With Supermax lnb, drop it in until the number 32 line.
* Place the glass plate vertically.
* Place only half of the plate inside the lnb while the other half will be outside, like half and half.
But for the East, normal Kwese TV lnb setting is good enough to get it.
Good luck.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ollybantee: 6:32pm On Sep 25, 2017
Sport24 is back on SRT 4950h with the latest firmware 4.18p and very easy to track with 1.8 meter pan. Yummy

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by warboy3: 6:49pm On Sep 25, 2017
@House please,those with Alphabox X4 and X6 any goodnews yet
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 7:47pm On Sep 25, 2017
warboy3:
@House please,those with Alphabox X4 and X6 any goodnews yet
Up to now no software yet for sp24.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 9:11pm On Sep 25, 2017
Chydobe:
TSTV is operated with Hybrid Broadcast broad brand (HBB TV technology), a combination of both internet and satellite service. Subscribers will be able to enjoy a TV Service running on 4.5g network. Did I forget to mention that every subscriber is entitled to 20 gigabyte monthly? of cause yes!!! You could actually decide to use yours for your video calls and Wifi.

It is time to say bye bye to DSTV click on link below for all the details you need

http://www.newzified.com/get-tstv-enjoy-200-hot-channels-plus-free-20gb-data%e2%94%82low-monthly-subscription/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_Broadcast_Broadband_TV

Chinedu
Odilibe
Emmachile

I guess this settles it. The decoder is embedded with dual function tuner, hence most Beinsports will be IPTV, but quality may not be HD, in order for it not to freeze or buffer.
Hence one Device that would be showing satellite TV and Broadband TV. The broadband is powered by the dish, for those we are used to VSAT technology, they would understand. The internet that would be needed for transmitting the internet TV channels is surplus, the reason why there's extra 20gig for subscribers.

I can liken it to gas flaring in the ND. Situation where total data volume needed would be like 50gig for 24hours view of the IPTV, but actually, ABS is producing 70gig per month. Instead of wasting the extra 20g, they give to subscribers as bonus.

If not for anything, people can subscribe just to get the 20g, cos their speed would be 4.5g which is higher generation to IPNX, Spectranet, smile, mtel. Its a package of paying 3000 naira for a service of N50k per month.

More like semi FTA cheesy

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 9:14pm On Sep 25, 2017
ugotuf:

I'll consult my motorised dish to move from 1° to 3° west
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 9:19pm On Sep 25, 2017
davodyguy:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_Broadcast_Broadband_TV

Chinedu
Odilibe
Emmachile

I guess this settles it. The decoder is embedded with dual function tuner, hence most Beinsports will be IPTV, but quality may not be HD, in order for it not to freeze or buffer.
Hence one Device that would be showing satellite TV and Broadband TV. The broadband is powered by the dish, for those we are used to VSAT technology, they would understand. The internet that would be needed for transmitting the internet TV channels is surplus, the reason why there's extra 20gig for subscribers.

I can liken it to gas flaring in the ND. Situation where total data volume needed would be like 50gig for 24hours view of the IPTV, but actually, ABS is producing 70gig per month. Instead of wasting the extra 20g, they give to subscribers as bonus.

If not for anything, people can subscribe just to get the 20g, cos their speed would be 4.5g which is higher generation to IPNX, Spectranet, smile, mtel. Its a package of paying 3000 naira for a service of N50k per month.

More like semi FTA cheesy
It's exactly what I thought but still a very good deal. I will definitely have it. No doubt.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1614) (1615) (1616) (1617) (1618) (1619) (1620) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.