Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5440229 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 10:39pm On Oct 08, 2012
@Osagiemma. 3913R 8950 5/6 (DVB-S/MPEG-4) or 3983R 25000 3/4 (DVB-S) or 4159L 3034 1/2 (DVB-S2/QPSK)
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 1:08am On Oct 09, 2012
FUTURE NEWS on nilesat is it mpeg4 tp?@ all ,@ Oga George .D we are still waiting for those brilliant jewels performance @ your setup.thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by osagiemma: 2:51am On Oct 09, 2012
blexxonmak: @Osagiemma. 3913R 8950 5/6 (DVB-S/MPEG-4) or 3983R 25000 3/4 (DVB-S) or 4159L 3034 1/2 (DVB-S2/QPSK)

thx guy God bless

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 6:50am On Oct 09, 2012
Jackobite: @ Oga George .D we are still waiting for those brilliant jewels performance @ your setup.thanks
@jackobite••it seems like you are still interested in the performance of red classic lnb or was it samson! grin...interesting !!
@George_d we are on page 207 of this thread...if we can have the performance of those lnbs on your 3m dish,that will be fine ...before Twinstaiye @moderator decides to close this thread!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ussals(m): 10:32am On Oct 09, 2012
Xpset: Mr. Pidzo and co.

I ask how to slit my 2 str 4663x to watch different game at the same time with RS232 cable.

Press menu on d receiver u slot in d card n goto installation n scroll down to option n select master, then on d other receiver u follow thesame procedure but this time select slave, hope this helps
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 11:03am On Oct 09, 2012
@ Odilibe i believe in curator of a certain ideas to hear his own final touch of good theory which provided a tangible practical discovery of a lifetime for blackrace on satellite behavior and needs.Am in love with both jewels.thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Alabiep: 11:26am On Oct 09, 2012
pls guys i ve a problem understanding dis symbol rate 5/6 or 3/4 or even 1/2,pls can somebody explain all dis 2 me plssss!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Xpset: 12:20pm On Oct 09, 2012
Xpset: Mr. Pidzo and co.

I ask how to slit my 2 str 4663x to watch different game at the same time with RS232 cable.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by n9jaboy: 1:01pm On Oct 09, 2012
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 1:01pm On Oct 09, 2012
Alabiep: pls guys i ve a problem understanding dis symbol rate 5/6 or 3/4 or even 1/2,pls can somebody explain all dis 2 me plssss!
You cannot have Symbol Rate of 5/6 or 3/4 etc. Symbol rate is in full digits like 2170, 13200, 27500 and not fractions. Those fractions, 3/4 or 1/2 are what we call FEC. Most FTA receivers do not need FEC, all they need is Frequency, Polarity, and Symbol Rate in put. In telecommunication, information theory, and coding theory, Forward Error Correction (FEC) or channel coding is a technique used for controlling errors in data transmission over unreliable or noisy communication channels. FEC gives the receiver the ability to correct errors without needing a reverse channel to request retransmission of data, but at the cost of a fixed, higher forward channel bandwidth. FEC is therefore applied in situations where retransmissions are costly or impossible, such as one-way communication links and when broadcasting to multiple receivers in multicast.FEC processing in a receiver may be applied to a digital bit stream or in the demodulation of a digitally modulated carrier. For the latter, FEC is an integral part of the initial analog-to-digital conversion in the receiver.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 1:03pm On Oct 09, 2012
Alabiep: pls guys i ve a problem understanding dis symbol rate 5/6 or 3/4 or even 1/2,pls can somebody explain all dis 2 me plssss!
they are not symbol rate, rather fec
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 1:19pm On Oct 09, 2012
@ Alabiep. Pidzo has said it all.You can use AUTO in most cases as your FEC.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Alabiep: 1:40pm On Oct 09, 2012
GUYS THANKS A LOT.I AM VERY GREATFUL
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Cleanman(m): 2:02pm On Oct 09, 2012
mide8e: who dey osun pls?
i stay in osogbo...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nzeval(m): 2:57pm On Oct 09, 2012
Dear ikiriye ,do u hav dis ur lnbf in stock nd ur price
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 3:40pm On Oct 09, 2012
odilibe: @jackobite••it seems like you are still interested in the performance of red classic lnb or was it samson! grin...interesting !!
@George_d we are on page 207 of this thread...if we can have the performance of those lnbs on your 3m dish,that will be fine ...before Twinstaiye @moderator decides to close this thread!!
@jackobite& odilibe those jewels are still with me, George is not around untill wednessday & i just left lagos to abuja this morning if iam back b4 friday i will ship it to george, but if not the consingment will reach him on monday 15th so be patience it was urgent.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 3:44pm On Oct 09, 2012
@Jackobite & odilibe,
As you can see from Adex70 post above, I'm presently out of town but we've made contact and he'll be
sending them over as soon as I'm good.

Can't wait to lay my hands on that pretty red head (inverto red classic)! wink
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Xpset: 3:47pm On Oct 09, 2012
Ussals:
Press menu on d receiver u slot in d card n goto installation n scroll down to option n select master, then on d other receiver u follow thesame procedure but this time select slave, hope this helps

Wow thank you so much i will get back to you soon
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 4:35pm On Oct 09, 2012
@ George.D Save journey back home Bro! @ Adex70,Pofolo and other Am with you in sat-world counts me as your brother fta.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oladat(m): 4:40pm On Oct 09, 2012
pls gurus,can i upgrade a strong decoder with another strong decoder?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 4:58pm On Oct 09, 2012
Oladat: pls gurus,can i upgrade a strong decoder with another strong decoder?
Yes, provided they are of the same model and you are using the right cable.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 4:58pm On Oct 09, 2012
@Oga George_D, Jackobite, Odilibe, and co.

I know i may not be qualified to speak on dis, but i haven't heard any hint to a test in the east with these jewels. Isn't anyone showing any interest or it was decided dat we shouldn't be part of the testing. I know guy like D.lee, Auchs, etc are there. Pls just asking
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 5:48pm On Oct 09, 2012
@olenyi,
As you are aware, the original LNB testing started with Ikiriye in PH which is very much close to the east
before they were taken to Lagos. So far nobody has indicated any special interest in testing from the core east
and because of that they will be returned as already planned.

Have I answered your question?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ussals(m): 6:13pm On Oct 09, 2012
George_D: @olenyi,
As you are aware, the original LNB testing started with Ikiriye in PH which is very much close to the east
before they were taken to Lagos. So far nobody has indicated any special interest in testing from the core east

I think u've not only answered but answered well
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oladat(m): 7:05pm On Oct 09, 2012
Pidzo:
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oladat(m): 7:46pm On Oct 09, 2012
Pidzo:
[color=#006600][/color]
oga pidzo,pls which cable should i use.The decoder is 4663x
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 7:52pm On Oct 09, 2012
George_D: @olenyi,

You answered well. Just wanted to be sure so that anyone in these parts can make an informed decision when one is in the market for a good LNBF for pulling down staller birds. My warm Regards to all. Cheers.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 9:06pm On Oct 09, 2012
@George~d pls kindly text me the name& number u want to be on the package for u to be easy to track.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Iron2011: 10:58pm On Oct 09, 2012
rescan 12552 v 19531 (multi tv) for a new channel viasat 1.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 7:02am On Oct 10, 2012
Adex70: @George~d pls kindly text me the name& number u want to be on the package for u to be easy to track.

@Adex70,
I'll call you later this morning to discuss.
Thanks!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Celino(f): 8:04am On Oct 10, 2012
Gud morning, pls my VIASAT1 is not talking.... & APID is ------ . Pls what will i inter der..... Pls help me out....
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 8:06am On Oct 10, 2012
oga pidzo,pls which cable should i use.The decoder is 4663x
@Oladat. Pidzo was talking about RS232 cable.See attached pictures.

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)