Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,834 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5444998 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 8:17am On May 28, 2013
roogee:
someone pls answer me
dat box has nothing to offer
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jacob2012(m): 9:04am On May 28, 2013
odilibe: No bbc feed on Hotbird....while each TP, exceeds more than 5channel grin
tanx bro.
Is it possible for me to track Hot bird wth this 1.8m dish in sokoto,i get nilesat without stress.plz help me.tanx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jezsie: 10:00am On May 28, 2013
help wit d trckin freq n pics 4 28' n 16/17'e.tnx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sammu(m): 11:10am On May 28, 2013
@ jacob2012, the sat u tracked is not hotbird but intelsat 10-02 c band @ 1west.
I guess ur dish has cband lnb.
For u to track Hotbird@13east, first go to lyngsat.com and write down some hotbird frequencies. Then track w3a@7east with 12728 H 30000. When u hit green, input the hotbird freq and move slowly further east. u should hit green on hotbird.
Pls ensure u use the KU lnb if u are on diseqc switch. Hope this helps
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Setoop(m): 11:15am On May 28, 2013
Pls gurus , i bought an analogue satellite finder Televes SF- 95 (see the attached pic .) but i don't know how to use it . I will be happy if someone can explain how to use it . The only thing i can do now is that i can only connect one to receiver and other one to lnbf as indicated on the mannual but i don't know how to set assimuth on decoder , i use str 4669z . Thank u
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by roogee: 11:36am On May 28, 2013
roogee:
someone pls answer me

answer pls...............
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Setoop(m): 11:46am On May 28, 2013
Setoop: Pls gurus , i bought an analogue satellite finder Televes SF- 95 (see the attached pic .) but i don't know how to use it . I will be happy if someone can explain how to use it . The only thing i can do now is that i can only connect one to receiver and other one to lnbf as indicated on the mannual but i don't know how to set assimuth on decoder , i use str 4669z . Thank u

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jezsie: 12:15pm On May 28, 2013
[quote author=jezsie]help wit d trckin freq n pics 4 28' n 16/17'e.tnx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 1:18pm On May 28, 2013
Setoop: i don't know how to set assimuth on decoder

You need to know these basics:

Azimuth means the East/West direction of the satellite as seen from your location.

Elevation means the up/down direction of the satellite as seen from your location.

Azimuth and elevation are set at the dish when you are pointing the dish to a sattelite. They are not set at the decoder.

The sat finder is a gadget that helps you align your satellite dish to a settelite. When your dish is pointing at a settelite and receivimg a signal (i.e when azimuth and elevation are correct) the sat finder will scream and its needle will swing to the right to tell you that you have nailed a satellite. If you fix the dish in that position and do a blind scan the decoder will find channels.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Setoop(m): 1:34pm On May 28, 2013
Lunsat:

You need to know these basics:

Azimuth means the East/West direction of the satellite as seen from your location.

Elevation means the up/down direction of the satellite as seen from your location.

Azimuth and elevation are set at the dish when you are pointing the dish to a sattelite. They are not set at the decoder. Thank u sir , does it mean i cannt make any settings to get a specific satellite ? . Also if i get u well sir , i will only need to put on the decoder just for it to supply voltage to sat finder .

The sat finder is a gadget that helps you align your satellite dish to a settelite. When your dish is pointing at a settelite and receivimg a signal (i.e when azimuth and elevation are correct) the sat finder will scream and its needle will swing to the right to tell you that you have nailed a satellite. If you fix the dish in that position and do a blind scan the decoder will find channels.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jacob2012(m): 1:58pm On May 28, 2013
sammu: @ jacob2012, the sat u tracked is not hotbird but intelsat 10-02 c band @ 1west.
I guess ur dish has cband lnb.
For u to track Hotbird@13east, first go to lyngsat.com and write down some hotbird frequencies. Then track w3a@7east with 12728 H 30000. When u hit green, input the hotbird freq and move slowly further east. u should hit green on hotbird.
Pls ensure u use the KU lnb if u are on diseqc switch. Hope this helps
God bless u my brother.am proud of u.i will get back to u
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by seyizma(m): 2:23pm On May 28, 2013
Please anything for dstv, wanna watch BBA
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 4:05pm On May 28, 2013
Setoop: does it mean i cannt make any settings to get a specific satellite ? . Also if i get u well sir , i will only need to put on the decoder just for it to supply voltage to sat finder .

Your sat finder gets its power from the decoder. Connect it between the Receiver and the LNB. Just make sure the connector written "LNB" is connected to the LNB and the connector written "Receiver" is connected to the receiver. The sat finder works without you entering any settings in the decoder. It will tell you that you have locked on to a sat but it wont tell you what sat it is (unless the advanced sat finders not the one you have).

However, you can enter settings in the decoder if you want your decoder to tell you what satellite you are on. You need to know the satellite you want and enter the frequency, polarity and symbol rate for your chosen sattelite into the reciever. To find these, do a search in this forum (using google search at the bottom of the page) for whatever satellite you want and you will find settings in the following format example 12345 V 56789. Enter the correct numbers in the manual settings menu of your decoder and point your dish where you think the satellite is. If the sat finder screams and the red bar on your TV screen turns greent then you are on the correct satellite.

Man! I now know why doctors cant diagnos problems and prescribe medicine over the internet!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kingsley6(m): 5:54pm On May 28, 2013
Silver bird tv and K24 free on w4c 11940H27500 and 12440H23433 enjoy while it last....
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kingsley6(m): 6:00pm On May 28, 2013
kingsley-1:
Silver bird tv and K24 free on w4c 11940H27500 and 12440H23433 enjoy while it last....

you can also use 12437H23437 for K24... Flex while it last... And blind scan for cnn, aljazeral, emmanuel, loveworld, itv, atn, ortc, ebru,star tv, muvi tv africa, channel ten, tbn, setenta africa, tbc1, .... Or input 12275H11200... Flex while it last... Fta for life.....
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kingsley6(m): 6:03pm On May 28, 2013
kingsley-1:

you can also use 12437H23437 for K24... Flex while it last... And blind scan for cnn, aljazeral, emmanuel, loveworld, itv, atn, ortc, ebru,star tv, muvi tv africa, channel ten, tbn, setenta africa, tbc1, .... Or input 12275H11200... Flex while it last... Fta for life.....

All @ 36 degree east...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ganex: 6:08pm On May 28, 2013
Blindscan amos5 for wassaman somehow entertaining & others on mpeg 4 or hd

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kingsley6(m): 6:12pm On May 28, 2013
ganex: Blindscan amos5 for wassaman somehow entertaining & others on mpeg 4 or hd

thanks but it has been there since....
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by astanco(m): 6:46pm On May 28, 2013
kingsley-1:

are those mpeg2 or 4
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kingsley6(m): 7:14pm On May 28, 2013
astanco: are those mpeg2 or 4

mpeg 4
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kosemanik: 8:31pm On May 28, 2013
smajeedmc:

Guys I have C BAND 6 output LNB if someone interested do let me & we Strong decoder HD cheaper than Nigeria Price we are Based in Dubai DEIRAH SATELLITE MARKET & if you want to Order something we send you by Solar Cargo as we use to send other dealer.
please feel free or send us email on pehlatv@yahoo.com or BBM pin 27CBA4F8 +971566938359.

Regards
WALEED AHMED
PLS CAN I GET 7' PORTABLE SATFINDER LCD WITH MONITOR IN DUBAI IT LOOK LIKE SMALL LAPTOP PLS IF U CAN GET IT FOR ME PM ME AT KOSEMANIKAZEEMKEHINDE@GMAIL.COM
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by roogee: 9:44pm On May 28, 2013
kingsley-1:

all channels on 12440h23433 isnt showin except k24
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kingsley6(m): 10:41pm On May 28, 2013
roogee:

all channels on 12440h23433 isnt showin except k24

mine are working although having the ''dollar sign''... They are working... Ok? Try it again...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Easy200: 11:50pm On May 28, 2013
Pls guys how much just a router cost and the cccam account to set it up
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jezsie: 3:23am On May 29, 2013
gurus y a u ignorin my request. I said u shd all help me wit a pix n workin trackin freq 2 get amos n w3c.tnx guys.mwah
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jezsie: 4:10am On May 29, 2013
kingsley-1:

mine are working although having the ''dollar sign''... They are working... Ok? Try it again...
tnx guys 4 d above post but i nid freq n pics 2 track amos/w3c.u do doing gd.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jezsie: 4:10am On May 29, 2013
kingsley-1:

tnx guys 4 d above post cos my 28n36'e a ok but i nid freq n pics 2 track amos/w3c.u do doing gd.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Setoop(m): 6:57am On May 29, 2013
[quote author=Lunsat]

Your sat finder gets its power from the decoder. Connect it between the Receiver and the LNB. Just make sure the connector written "LNB" is connected to the LNB and the connector written "Receiver" is connected to the receiver. The sat finder works without you entering any settings in the decoder. It will tell you that you have locked on to a sat but it wont tell you what sat it is (unless the advanced sat finders not the one you have).

However, you can enter settings in the decoder if you want your decoder to tell you what satellite you are on. You need to know the satellite you want and enter the frequency, polarity and symbol rate for your chosen sattelite into the reciever. To find these, do a search in this forum (using google search at the bottom of the page) for whatever satellite you want and you will find settings in the following format example 12345 V 56789. Enter the correct numbers in the manual settings menu of your decoder and point your dish where you think the satellite is. If the sat finder screams and the red bar on your TV screen turns greent then you are on the correct satellite.

Thank you so much sir , you have said it all , God will increase your knowledge . Happy democracy day
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Setoop(m): 7:04am On May 29, 2013
[quote author

Man! I now know why doctors cant diagnos problems and prescribe medicine over the internet!

[/quote] this deal with life and so just to prevent drug abuse
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mtuko2(m): 7:43am On May 29, 2013
people who has tracked 72e succesiffully what decorder are you using?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 8:23am On May 29, 2013
Kosemanik: PLS CAN I GET 7' PORTABLE SATFINDER LCD WITH MONITOR IN DUBAI IT LOOK LIKE SMALL LAPTOP PLS IF U CAN GET IT FOR ME PM ME AT KOSEMANIKAZEEMKEHINDE@GMAIL.COM
If you have master/visa card you can get sat finder laptop look alike @ ebay.com australia...at 139 dollars..some sellers ship worlwide..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Theloveth(m): 8:36am On May 29, 2013
kingsley-1:

mpeg 4
check your mail bro...we need to talk

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.