Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,811 members, 7,820,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (348) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5444825 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kingsley6(m): 8:51am On May 29, 2013
Theloveth:
check your mail bro...we need to talk

i have seen ur message and have replied it...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Theloveth(m): 9:18am On May 29, 2013
kingsley-1:

i have seen ur message and have replied it...
sent u another cant see you on my whatsapp list.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jacob2012(m): 10:38am On May 29, 2013
jacob2012:
God bless u my brother.am proud of u.i will get back to u
jacob2012:
jacob2012:
@ sammu, i did what u told me to do-i track w3a@7east first& put d freq. I move slow toward amos 17.yet i was unable to get it.i used positioner & jack to do it,no result sir.pls is ther any other way.tanx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Valto(m): 11:25am On May 29, 2013
pls is it possible to track multi tv, dstv and amos 5 with 3 lnbs on a single 90cm dish. If yes whats the current tp for multi tv and amos5.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rextab(m): 11:29am On May 29, 2013
jezsie: gurus y a u ignorin my request. I said u shd all help me wit a pix n workin trackin freq 2 get amos n w3c.tnx guys.mwah

go to the amos/w3c thread,everything u are asking for is there.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sammu(m): 12:03pm On May 29, 2013
jacob2012: [color=#000099][/color]
@ sammu, i did what u told me to do-i track w3a@7east first& put d freq. I move slow toward amos 17.yet i was unable to get it.i used positioner & jack to do it,no result sir.pls is ther any other way.tanx
No. There is no other way to track on a motorised dish. What we consider now is 1. your dish size, 2 lnb type in use. 3 dish alignment.
I know yur dish is 1.8m. answer to 2&3 may bring up ur hotbird
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kosemanik: 3:04pm On May 29, 2013
odilibe: If you have master/visa card you can get sat finder laptop look alike @ ebay.com australia...at 139 dollars..some sellers ship worlwide..
can u get dat for me or u know hw i can get it i live in ilorin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by faithchild: 4:57pm On May 29, 2013
jezsie:
tnx guys 4 d above post cos my 28n36'e a ok but i nid freq n pics 2 track amos/w3c.u do doing gd.
i dont have the pics,use tis tp 12565 H 30000
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jezsie: 5:12pm On May 29, 2013
faithchild: i dont have the pics,use tis tp 12565 H 30000
tnx man.i wil try it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sokopion(m): 5:17pm On May 29, 2013
wahala dey some place

so me na bi some body wae waeoo grin grin grin

knowing somebody means you are him grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 5:25pm On May 29, 2013
roogee: can setanta n other channels on 36e work on srt4330 cuz i hv signal quality of 57% yet i tried scanning it but no channels show, why? pls help me here

here r some pics of de srt4330 decoder

can someone pls ans my question
you need to get about 68% minimum for it to get all channel.thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mtuko2(m): 6:58pm On May 29, 2013
kingsley-1:

you can also use 12437H23437 for K24... Flex while it last... And blind scan for cnn, aljazeral, emmanuel, loveworld, itv, atn, ortc, ebru,star tv, muvi tv africa, channel ten, tbn, setenta africa, tbc1, .... Or input 12275H11200... Flex while it last... Fta for life.....

for me the chanells ie 12275 h 11200 say no audio/video
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umassor(m): 7:07pm On May 29, 2013
swordswifter: Hi Everyone,
A have good news for everyone with an srt 4910 HD decoder from strong-technologies. When i bought my receiver 5yrs ago i wasn't planning on scavenging for any new receivers until a period of 10yrs had passed before i would even consider changing it. I believed it was built ahead of it's time and had so many capabilities even not yet explored. I believed it can be programmed to read all video files, wifi via usb port was just child's play. The processor on it can hand IPTV and a good programmer could just softmod the receiver to run linux as easily as flashing a phone. All these now possibilities lied with the software developers to bring this to light but unfortunately, it had some very grave hardware problems that caused many enthusiasts of this state of the art product to loose faith in it. Amongst these were the many Strong users in Africa and other parts of the world. For the fact that i wasn't going to spend money on a new receiver, i decided to investigate why the receiver freezes abnormally, reboots when it's not supposed to, heats up when you have only turned it up for a few hours and sometimes keeps blinking at startup without booting up.

The next few paragraphs will be a detailed explanation why this happens and how i fixed mine.

At first, when i faced this problem, i used to just turn off the receiver for a while. Then after 10mins when i turned it back on, the receiver booted perfectly and then i got to enjoy it for a while. Then the problem would occur again. At first most users thought it was a software problem with the SRT 4910 HD so different patches were changed. Then it was that the memory of the SRT 4910 was insufficient to handle the tasks the receiver was to perform and this was why these problems were happening. A friend even had to send his receiver to Nigeria to change all the 4 memory chips on the receiver in hopes that this problem will be fixed but it kept on happening.

One time whiles watching a very important program the receiver started freezing. I went to hard reset it and i realized the casing of the receiver was unbelievably hot. I also felt a shock on the casing when my skin touched it. I first thought my earthing system was poor so i found a way of grounding the receiver but that didn't work well. Then at another time i just opened the casing of the receiver switched back on and to my surprise it didn't go off. Nothing freezed, nothing blinked, and it didn't reboot abnormally as it used to. I left it running in that state for 3hrs and it was running smoothly. As soon as i covered the receiver and rebooted it, the problem started occurring again. When i took off the casing and switched it on, the receiver worked normally again. The cooling fins on the CPU however was quite hot.

Anyway this brought me to the conclusion that there was a leaking current on the circuit board which was supposed to pass through the earth of the PCB of the SRT 4910 and then leave the system but it finds a way of getting back into the system. Accumulation of this was what was heating up the CPU and causing the receiver to freeze. With this in mind i got myself a simple PVC electrical tape and sellotaped every possible part of the inner parts of the upper and lower casings of the SRT 4910 HD receiver ( i.e. where there is or will be any form contact between the two casings). This was about 2 1/2 years ago and ever since then the receiver has never stopped, blinked or frozen whatsoever. I have personally fixed other receivers this same way and their issues also resolved.

* Did some other modifications on my receiver just today. I will send you the details as soon as i arrange the materials. Will post that later, after i get something to eat.
oga swordswifter and jackobite pls would the same problem occur on 4902hd?cos am planning to buy dat receiver...pls i need ur advice b4 i go for it...thank u...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kosemanik: 7:53pm On May 29, 2013
Pls house my daarsat channels faaji and co is not working again am using 4669x, i just upgrade to software 1.32p pls what can i do
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jacob2012(m): 8:30pm On May 29, 2013
sammu:
No. There is no other way to track on a motorised dish. What we consider now is 1. your dish size, 2 lnb type in use. 3 dish alignment.
I know yur dish is 1.8m. answer to 2&3 may bring up ur hotbird
Goodeven,
i try to send picture of the lnb, & the stand of the dish but i dont knw how to do that.
Moreover, if the lnb is nt powerful enough what type of lnb shld i go for.
Plz sir, would blind scan do it. If i get the real 13' east
thanx. My teacher,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kosemanik: 10:33pm On May 29, 2013
Pls house my faaji,ait and co is not working again am using srt69x i just upgrade to software 1.32p i tr y to blind scan no changes pls what can i do thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 12:47am On May 30, 2013
@Odilibe.

Is this the same SPARK u guys have over dia?

SPARK launch gains global recognition

iROKOtv’s Jason Njoku, Bastian Gotter and Nollywood superstar Mary Remmy-Njoku have launched SPARK - a$1m-backed company to support and develop aspiring Nigerian tech and Internet entrepreneurs.
Based in Lagos and launched just a few weeks ago, the new company has attracted attention from around the world, having featured in US-based black entertainment website BET as well as BBC World radio. It has been praised as a pioneer in revolutionizing the start-up ecosystem for young, talented Nigerians looking to make their mark in the country’s emerging tech sector. Continue...
Since its launch on 8 May, the company has received hundreds of emails from entrepreneurs looking to join the SPARK network, as well as interest from investors around the world looking to collaborate with the new company.
Jason Njoku says: “Myself, Bastian and Mary meet so many young, talented tech entrepreneurs who fall at thefirst hurdle because the culture for funding start-ups doesn’t exist in Nigeria at the moment. Lagos is the gateway to the tech scene in Africa. It is currently worth about $200million. In 3-5 years time, it will be $1billion. We, SPARK, plan to be behind Nigeria’s first wave of dotcom millionaires”.
Bastian Gotter says: “The reaction to SPARK has been fantastic and it proves that now is the time to be investing in the tech market. Following on from our success with iROKOtv , we feel that there is no-one in a better position than us to drive forward the tech start-up sector in Nigeria and this is why we’ve launched SPARK.”
So far, SPARK has funded 13 companies, all internet based, supplying services such as dating, property letting, hotel booking and other service that more and more Nigerians are going online for. The 13 companies include Hotels.ng , Christians. ng , Bus.com.ng , Giddimint.com. ng , Borro.com.ng , Insured.ng , ToLet.com.ng , Foto.com.ng , blink.com.ng , Healthy.com.ng and Drinks.ng
Mary Remmy-Njoku says: “Three years ago, no-one thought to come online to watch Nollywood movies and now, it is an every day occurrence for millions of people around the world and in Nigeria. People log in to www.irokotv.com and they have instant access to Mercy Johnson, Majid Michel, Mama G….. whoever is their favourite star. They have iROKOtv as their first port of call for their Nollywood movies.
“The same is going to happen for these SPARK companies; people who are interested in fashion will go online to Giddimint to buy a cool t-shirt, to Hotels.Ng to book a hotel room or to Drinks.ng to order good priced drinks for a wedding or big occasion. Our SPARK companies will become an everyday part of Nigerian livesin the next few years”.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Goldrock(m): 3:37am On May 30, 2013
@George_D,
Kudos to you and other gurus in the house for the landmark accomplishments you've recorded in your strive to advance the frontiers of the FTA sat hunting,Sometime ago,possibly early 2011, you uploaded pictures of Badr 4,5&6 signals which you successfully locked with your 3mtr dish in PH city,however, i've not been able to track it with my 3 mtr dish here in Ibadan,Specifically, what dish size would i require to pull it down with good and stable signal strength here in Ibadan as i'm particularly interested in Arirang TV & KBS which are FTA on that bird.Would a 4 mtr dish be the solution for me,please i'll appreciate your experience with Badr 4,5&6 vis-a-vis the 4mtr dish you installed a short while ago.Thanks,Goldrock.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mwarawaa(m): 6:31am On May 30, 2013
Goldrock: @George_D,
Kudos to you and other gurus in the house for the landmark accomplishments you've recorded in your strive to advance the frontiers of the FTA sat hunting,Sometime ago,possibly early 2011, you uploaded pictures of Badr 4,5&6 signals which you successfully locked with your 3mtr dish in PH city,however, i've not been able to track it with my 3 mtr dish here in Ibadan,Specifically, what dish size would i require to pull it down with good and stable signal strength here in Ibadan as i'm particularly interested in Arirang TV & KBS which are FTA on that bird.Would a 4 mtr dish be the solution for me,please i'll appreciate your experience with Badr 4,5&6 vis-a-vis the 4mtr dish you installed a short while ago.Thanks,Goldrock.
if all you want is arirang and kbs, just point your dish to intelsat20@68.5e. use a cband lnb.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 9:18am On May 30, 2013
umassor: oga swordswifter and jackobite pls would the same problem occur on 4902hd?cos am planning to buy dat receiver...pls i need ur advice b4 i go for it...thank u...

@ umassor,

Honestly i can't tell you much about that receiver. Looking at the data specifications, the srt4910 HD is higher than the srt4902 HD but the processor on the srt4902 is said to clock about 450MHz. This should mean something as to system stability and adaptability to new software applications but i can't say for certain how it performs in real-world situations (as i haven't tested one myself yet). It is still receiving updates though so it must be a bit stable to an extent however i still can't confirm that. The issues on the srt4910 is what we the users have seen and currently we are working together with them so the next sister combo receivers will not give us that much trouble. For the mean time, if it's not much of a problem, buy the new srt4922A in town and use it for a while till the next range of fully tested receivers come out then sell the old one. I have tested the srt4922A and so far it is stable and will give you what you need, at a price that's moderate for your own piece of mind.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Goldrock(m): 9:23am On May 30, 2013
@mwarawaa,
Sincere thanks for your response to my earlier post,however my goal is to track Badr 4,5&6 along with other HD channels like Luxe HD + Euronews, BBC etc being beamed on that satellite,simply put citing Arirang TV & KBS were to get adequate info on the most appropriate dish size to successfully hunt that bird with the weakest signals inclusive bearing in mind that Oga George himself alluded to the fact that some channels like NHK & Dubai One had comparatively weaker signal strength in his post earlier. As a concurrence to your response,i do receive Arirang TV on Intel 20 @68*E C-Band,KBS however is encrypted on that platform whereas it is free on Badr 4,5&6.Therefore keeping with the FTA spirit of alternative sourcing up of free & sustainable access to unencrypted channels irrespective of distance. I have opted to look "eastwards" for my own sourcing if i may be permitted to phrase it that way instead of relying on 'freebies' @Amos 5KU that may be locked up at will by the providers.Hence my quest to pull down Badr 4,5&6. All the same, i greatly appreciate your brotherly response and tips.However i still await tips,clues and guidance from our senior colleagues here who have tested and tried with various dish sizes to come to my rescue bearing in my that what may present as a fringe signal here in Ibadan, Nigeria may be a cake walk for someone in Kenya, good example is Paksat which is pulled down effortlessly with 1.8mtr dish in several countries within the Southern African continent. and remains elusive to us here in the west coast.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:54am On May 30, 2013
olenyi: @Odilibe.

Is this the same SPARK u guys have over dia?

@olenyi...I don't think this is the same spark...there is a lot companies with the same name spark..with different business logo...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:58am On May 30, 2013
Kosemanik: can u get dat for me or u know hw i can get it i live in ilorin
I don't know how easy it will be to get it down there....seems like there is an lcd dvb-s sat finder in ebay uk for £89.89

www.ebay.co.uk/ctm/7-TFT-LCD-Satellite-Finder-Signal-Meter-TV-
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umassor(m): 10:36am On May 30, 2013
swordswifter:

@ umassor,

Honestly i can't tell you much about that receiver. Looking at the data specifications, the srt4910 HD is higher than the srt4902 HD but the processor on the srt4902 is said to clock about 450MHz. This should mean something as to system stability and adaptability to new software applications but i can't say for certain how it performs in real-world situations (as i haven't tested one myself yet). It is still receiving updates though so it must be a bit stable to an extent however i still can't confirm that. The issues on the srt4910 is what we the users have seen and currently we are working together with them so the next sister combo receivers will not give us that much trouble. For the mean time, if it's not much of a problem, buy the new srt4922A in town and use it for a while till the next range of fully tested receivers come out then sell the old one. I have tested the srt4922A and so far it is stable and will give you what you need, at a price that's moderate for your own piece of mind.
thank u sir!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by microgiant: 11:50am On May 30, 2013
Kosemanik: PLS CAN I GET 7' PORTABLE SATFINDER LCD WITH MONITOR IN DUBAI IT LOOK LIKE SMALL LAPTOP PLS IF U CAN GET IT FOR ME PM ME AT KOSEMANIKAZEEMKEHINDE@GMAIL.COM

If this is what you are looking for get it on aliexpress

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 12:40pm On May 30, 2013
odilibe: @olenyi...I don't think this is the same spark...there is a lot companies with the same name spark..with different business logo...

Ok. Was just checking.

My regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sammu(m): 1:55pm On May 30, 2013
@swordswifter, pls what is your take on strong 4930 L. On strong site it is said to linux. Your opinion is needed
Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sammu(m): 2:04pm On May 30, 2013
@jacob2012, what brand of ku lnb is ur dish? U can try stargold fuji, fuji or digisat lnb
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ussals(m): 4:14pm On May 30, 2013
sammu: @swordswifter, pls what is your take on strong 4930 L. On strong site it is said to linux. Your opinion is needed
Thanks
u spoke my mind my gee, am even thinking whether it can work with iptv cuz its nt an ordinary receiver as one can think of.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ayibatonye(m): 7:11pm On May 30, 2013
@ ALL new pay tv on Amos @17e CONSAT, TVC News, TVC Entertianment, Wap tv, X2D,and more 11293 H 44994
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by roogee: 7:18pm On May 30, 2013
ayibatonye: @ ALL new pay tv on Amos @17e CONSAT, TVC News, TVC Entertianment, Wap tv, X2D,and more 11293 H 44994

there is no nid of pasting pay tv channel here
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Easy023(m): 7:43pm On May 30, 2013
ayibatonye: @ ALL new pay tv on Amos @17e CONSAT, TVC News, TVC Entertianment, Wap tv, X2D,and more 11293 H 44994
Na 2dy u jst dy see consat 4 amos 5?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.