Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,353 members, 7,957,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:55 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (587) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5588606 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) ... (2357) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Euroadams: 12:06am On Sep 01, 2014
graphicicon: ok, the decoder is poping green on AIT TP which is 11.008 V 30.000, and also the decoder is poping green on RDV TP which is 10.804 H 30.000, but it is not poping green on multi tv TP which is 12.522 V 27.000, so do the mathematics now to see what am talking about, remember when u plug another decoder on that the same dish every TP is poping green, and also i have upgraded it to latest firmware from crosat.us

i c.. From what u said it looks lik ur polarity is ok..
Since u are able to receive signal from both polarizations,it means ur decoder is providing enough voltage to do d polarizatn switching..thus this cause is probably ruled out... I have noticed that some decoders causes drop in signal especially HD STBs,thus if the signal is'nt strong enough when u tracked it,then wen u connect the dish to such decoders ur signal may go completely red.. It will be gr8 if u can state d SQ of 12522v27000(multi tv) when its connected to d working decoder..
If however ur SQ is very strong.. Then d problem can be concluded as inability to receive certain bands of frequencies (e.g 12.300 and above as in ur case) and there is only one device that receives and control freq bands & thats the LNB... Its always bad to make assumption when it comes 2 electronics. Simply try changing d LNB and c how it goes.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by yaso(m): 4:03am On Sep 01, 2014
Mackie1: sports... oromia. etv cape Town. muvi tv. tv Madagascar. gtv.... movies. Africa unite. ctl. mimatson. lumen christi. sunshine.

What station can I get on nilesat While using the decoder?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by yaso(m): 4:06am On Sep 01, 2014
Timijo: With that your decoder you can track mytv and nilesat7w. You will use 60cm dish for mytv and d 90 cm dish for nilesat. U can also track dstv satellite but most of d channels are nt free, unless u want to use cccam to open d channels.

Please what stations can I get with such I mean if am to track Nilesat......Which stations can I view with such decoder?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Timijo(m): 7:54am On Sep 01, 2014
yaso:

Please what stations can I get with such I mean if am to track Nilesat......Which stations can I view with such decoder?
click this link for their list and frequencies: http://en.satexpat.com/sat/west/7/
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lamtam0: 8:55am On Sep 01, 2014
Timijo: click this link for their list and frequencies: http://en.satexpat.com/sat/west/7/
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Timijo(m): 10:33am On Sep 01, 2014
[quote author=lamtam0][/quote]Is this helpful?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 12:18pm On Sep 01, 2014
graphicicon: ok, the decoder is poping green on AIT TP which is 11.008 V 30.000, and also the decoder is poping green on RDV TP which is 10.804 H 30.000, but it is not poping green on multi tv TP which is 12.522 V 27.000, so do the mathematics now to see what am talking about, remember when u plug another decoder on that the same dish every TP is poping green, and also i have upgraded it to latest firmware from crosat.us
you have a bad STB tuner including a diseqc switch that performs poor on a high band frequencies ..though a typical sat diseqc switch operates on a frequency range of 950~2150Mhz...purchase good quality or another different brand of diseqc switch..

cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ishe25(m): 12:36pm On Sep 01, 2014
Pls house, I want to know. Someone is willing to sell a dstv decoder for me and I wish to add it to the 2decoders I have. What I want to know is that, can it be combined with the 2decoders I have b4? As I want to change the account to commercial use. Pls advice
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Bencoprof: 1:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
House rescan these tp to get interesting chanels on amos5 12382v26999

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by flashyberry: 2:20pm On Sep 01, 2014
@graphicon... Hmm dat tin na disec problem ooo! It happened to me one day on joy + mytv. I wan cry. I con dey look like mumu. Check ur disec well.. Ur lnb,(if possible try it if its working on anoda decoder) ur dish if its well aling, den put it as ur port 1. To see if it will show. If it show u nw knw hw to go about d rest weather to change disec or to charge port. Dat day ehh.... I nearly cry. If I remove am frm disec it will show green, immediately I put disec it shows red..ahh before I con use brain handle dem one one.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akplatnum2005(m): 3:11pm On Sep 01, 2014
I have a branded (90cm) DSTV dish and 1 lnd for sale. 2.5k location abj
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by irukandji89(m): 3:26pm On Sep 01, 2014
Timijo: click this link for their list and frequencies: http://en.satexpat.com/sat/west/7/
. @Timijo, could you pls tell me if the nilesat 101 link you posted is Ku or C band. Is it possible to track in southwest nigeria? If yes, pls what size of dish can be used to track it?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by irukandji89(m): 3:30pm On Sep 01, 2014
Timijo: Is this helpful?
. @Timijo, could you pls tell me if the nilesat 101 link you posted is Ku or C band. Is it possible to track in southwest nigeria? If yes, pls what size of dish can be used to track it?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Timijo(m): 4:14pm On Sep 01, 2014
irukandji89: . @Timijo, could you pls tell me if the nilesat 101 link you posted is Ku or C band. Is it possible to track in southwest nigeria? If yes, pls what size of dish can be used to track it?
It's ku-band on nilesat 7w. You can use any dish from 1m and above.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 4:45pm On Sep 01, 2014
Bencoprof: House rescan these tp to
get interesting chanels on amos5 12382v26999
thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala123: 4:56pm On Sep 01, 2014
graphicicon: thatnks for your response, let me clarify you a bit, that LNB is working properly and the DiseqC is also working properly because i used my sat finder on that the same LNB and DiseqC and the same TP 12.522 V on that the same dish and all the pictures are showing well, so lets forget about these items, lets focus on this Decoder that is unable to give sufficient power to the DiseqC to control frequency up to 12.522 which is multi tv TP.
if it is a strong decoda den check d lnb freq range unda dish setting fo astra 2f d multitv sat. it shd b somfing like 9750/10600 & not 9750/10750. hp ds helps.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala123: 5:00pm On Sep 01, 2014
Bencoprof: House rescan these tp to get interesting chanels on amos5 12382v26999
puleez, i am in a car on transit. can u kindly d list of these channels?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Valto(m): 5:08pm On Sep 01, 2014
yaso: Please don't eat me raw and please don't advise me to read from the first page....I just need a simple answer.....I have an mpeg 2 srt 4663xv fake decoder with 60cm and 90cm dish...Now I don't have money to buy the HD or MPEG4 decoder.....Please no insult or quarrel pertaining this question...but if U can be kind hearted enough to tell me wat is obtainable with my specification, I will be forever grateful.....I just need what is obtainable... I.e list of stations....thanks and plrease no insult...if this question bite you for body abeg try look am like say u no see am..
no good channels is available on that outdated decoder.dont waste your time. Using an mpeg2 decoder at this age, is equivalent to someone still using a video casstte.. Try UPGRADE to a good mpeg4 HD decoder.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Bencoprof: 5:33pm On Sep 01, 2014
lovala123: puleez, i am in a car on transit. can u kindly d list of these channels?
chanels like fightbox,fast in fun,filmbox,filmbox arthe.360tune.docubox,fashion box.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala123: 5:58pm On Sep 01, 2014
Bencoprof: chanels like fightbox,fast in fun,filmbox,filmbox arthe.360tune.docubox,fashion box.
ok, tnx.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by chester1983: 6:08pm On Sep 01, 2014
williams85: thanks
thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by chester1983: 6:11pm On Sep 01, 2014
Bencoprof: House rescan these tp to get interesting chanels on amos5 12382v26999
thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by irukandji89(m): 7:58pm On Sep 01, 2014
Timijo: It's ku-band on nilesat 7w. You can use any dish from 1m and above.
. Sorry to disturb you again *smiles* pls, what tp do you recommend for tracking?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Timijo(m): 8:06pm On Sep 01, 2014
irukandji89: . Sorry to disturb you again *smiles* pls, what tp do you recommend for tracking?
11900v27500
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Timijo(m): 8:15pm On Sep 01, 2014
Valto: no good channels is available on that outdated decoder.dont waste your time. Using an mpeg2 decoder at this age, is equivalent to someone still using a video casstte.. Try UPGRADE to a good mpeg4 HD decoder.
He said he doesn't have money to buy the latest one now, and he doesn't want it to be lying waste. He can still enjoy some nilesat7w channels and mytv channels on his 4663x decoder. Remember, all fingers are not equal. A wise man will always cut his coat according to the available material.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Valto(m): 9:26pm On Sep 01, 2014
Timijo: He said he doesn't have money to buy the latest one now, and he doesn't want it to be lying waste. He can still enjoy some nilesat7w channels and mytv channels on his 4663x decoder. Remember, all fingers are not equal. A wise man will always cut his coat according to the available material.
and u think he can get a good signal with 90cm on nilesat 7w
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by yaso(m): 12:19am On Sep 02, 2014
Thanks guys...whatever the case maybe..Assuming am to get the new decoder.....what am I going to get with my 60cm dish n 90cm dish?....Because from what u hv written so far, I shud probably gt another decoder.........Thanks guys @ the hungry lions cut their mane this time around
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by oluwafemiii: 3:44am On Sep 02, 2014
@bencoprof those stations are scrambled here as ever o. i use srt4922A. with the to u gave. is it general or just moi.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Willokafor(m): 6:26am On Sep 02, 2014
I just wanna experiment, can mbc packages work on 60cm dish(offset focus)?
If positive i would love to have it tps and angle of elevation.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by irukandji89(m): 7:01am On Sep 02, 2014
Valto: and u think he can get a good signal with 90cm on nilesat 7w
. What dish size do you recommend sir?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Timijo(m): 8:19am On Sep 02, 2014
irukandji89: . What dish size do you recommend sir?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Timijo(m): 8:21am On Sep 02, 2014
irukandji89: . What dish size do you recommend sir?
You can use 1m and above for easy tracking.

(1) (2) (3) ... (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) ... (2357) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.