Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,152 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (586) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5427937 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 30, 2014
Any body receiving Amos 5 & Eutelsat 16A KU Band in Southern Africa?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ebuka44: 11:09pm On Aug 30, 2014
My Rdv is not working but my friends own is working what could be the course please I need assistance and my ait is up to 60% please what I my going to do.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Euroadams: 11:51pm On Aug 30, 2014
graphicicon: Gurus in the house lets contribute here, srt 4669xii, not showing green on tp that is above 12.300 when connected to DiseqC, but when connected without DisEqC it will be working, and the DisEqC is working fine in other recievers. House what is the problem of this decoder, remember all other TPs below 12.300 is showing green and working fine.

Are u sure d problem is just with TPs above 12.300.? Check again and verify if all those TPs are associated to a particular polarity H or V.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yonderguy(m): 6:54am On Aug 31, 2014
Euroadams:

Are u sure d problem is just with TPs above 12.300.? Check again and verify if all those TPs are associated to a particular polarity H or V.
Yea, I once had a LNB that's associated with a particular polarity ( V ). I guessed the LNB was bad, so I changed it with a new one and use the supposed bad one for multi tv. Please what is the cause and probable solution to this kind of problem?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akplatnum2005(m): 8:00am On Aug 31, 2014
Yonderguy: Yea, I once had a LNB that's associated with a particular polarity ( V ). I guessed the LNB was bad, so I changed it with a new one and use the supposed bad one for multi tv. Please what is the cause and probable solution to this kind of problem?
this means that the components that make up the LNB is short and can no longer switch between the 2polarity again and this come as a result of usage over time. Its a normal phenomenon that happens to all electronic component or gadget. Shikenah.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akplatnum2005(m): 8:06am On Aug 31, 2014
ebena107:

Thanks @akplatnum2005, thats my first time with branded/customises decoder. anyway, can strong be used on ses-5, or which sat is closer so that i can maximise the use of the dish. thanks
strong and every other decoder can be use to track virtually all FTA sat except a sat that require stream enabled decoder otherwise u are good to go with strong so long it is HD. Regards
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Euroadams: 8:12am On Aug 31, 2014
@yonderguy

akplatnum2005: this means that the components that make up the LNB is short and can no longer switch between the 2polarity again and this come as a result of usage over time. Its a normal phenomenon that happens to all electronic component or gadget. Shikenah.

well said... The solution to this kind of problem is simply to change the lnb... However If doing this does not solve the problem then get back to us and we will pick it up from there.
Sometimes the problem may be due to bad coaxial cable or a fault in SMPS of your decoder.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by yaso(m): 8:37am On Aug 31, 2014
Please don't eat me raw and please don't advise me to read from the first page....I just need a simple answer.....I have an mpeg 2 srt 4663xv fake decoder with 60cm and 90cm dish...Now I don't have money to buy the HD or MPEG4 decoder.....Please no insult or quarrel pertaining this question...but if U can be kind hearted enough to tell me wat is obtainable with my specification, I will be forever grateful.....I just need what is obtainable... I.e list of stations....thanks and plrease no insult...if this question bite you for body abeg try look am like say u no see am..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Uthmanloay: 8:40am On Aug 31, 2014
Please somebody should help me with tv3 biss key and how 2 use it am using4922a strong
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akinremedy(m): 8:59am On Aug 31, 2014
Uthmanloay: Please somebody should help me with tv3 biss key and how 2 use it am using4922a strong
Tune to TV3 and on your remote press 8280 and you will be
directed to the biss page. Edit the first 8 keys with the following:9E
37 79 4E B9 7F 4A 82. Your TV3 should be up and running.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by flashyberry: 9:53am On Aug 31, 2014
yaso: Please don't eat me raw and please don't advise me to read from the first page....I just need a simple answer.....I have an mpeg 2 srt 4663xv fake decoder with 60cm and 90cm dish...Now I don't have money to buy the HD or MPEG4 decoder.....Please no insult or quarrel pertaining this question...but if U can be kind hearted enough to tell me wat is obtainable with my specification, I will be forever grateful.....I just need what is obtainable... I.e list of stations....thanks and plrease no insult...if this question bite you for body abeg try look am like say u no see am..
nah mpeg2 isn't useful again. Jst try get a nice mpeg4 decoder. Cox even if u have as many dish as possible u cnt enjoy it @ all. Even joytv u cnt nail it with pictures in dah box. So jst try get anoda receiver to enjoy ur dish sir,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lamtam0: 1:29pm On Aug 31, 2014
flashyberry: nah mpeg2 isn't useful again. Jst try get a nice mpeg4 decoder. Cox even if u have as many dish as possible u cnt enjoy it @ all. Even joytv u cnt nail it with pictures in dah box. So jst try get anoda receiver to enjoy ur dish sir,
liverpool vs totteham now on rdv
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akinremedy(m): 2:27pm On Aug 31, 2014
lamtam0:
Pls, on what sattelite is RDV? Pls i need d frequency
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ebuka44: 3:09pm On Aug 31, 2014
My rdv is still not working after small touch on the lnb please some one should help me out
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by coderXO(m): 3:18pm On Aug 31, 2014
hi guys.

my 4922 will not power up suddenly.

i was changing the channel with the button on the box front and it showed at "1" and died.

previously when it happened I would turn the box off from the wall for 30 seconds
and it will power back up.

now it doesn't anymore. when i hit the switch behind the box to on, nothing happens.
when i hit the off button subsequently it flashes an "8" then off.

any hints or tips.

thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mackie1(m): 3:35pm On Aug 31, 2014
yaso: Please don't eat me raw and please don't advise me to read from the first page....I just need a simple answer.....I have an mpeg 2 srt 4663xv fake decoder with 60cm and 90cm dish...Now I don't have money to buy the HD or MPEG4 decoder.....Please no insult or quarrel pertaining this question...but if U can be kind hearted enough to tell me wat is obtainable with my specification, I will be forever grateful.....I just need what is obtainable... I.e list of stations....thanks and plrease no insult...if this question bite you for body abeg try look am like say u no see am..
sports... oromia. etv cape Town. muvi tv. tv Madagascar. gtv.... movies. Africa unite. ctl. mimatson. lumen christi. sunshine.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 3:35pm On Aug 31, 2014
Ebuka44: My rdv is still not working after small touch on the lnb please some one should help me out
put this TP and adjust your dish 11.802 V 27.500, when u hit green up to 75 to 80%, then put RDV TP 10.804 H 30.000, then twist your LNB to be on this position between 8 and 7 Oclock while standing at the front of the dish, RDV should be dancing skelewu on your tv screen.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 3:45pm On Aug 31, 2014
akplatnum2005: this means that the components that make up the LNB is short and can no longer switch between the 2polarity again and this come as a result of usage over time. Its a normal phenomenon that happens to all electronic component or gadget. Shikenah.
thatnks for your response, let me clarify you a bit, that LNB is working properly and the DiseqC is also working properly because i used my sat finder on that the same LNB and DiseqC and the same TP 12.522 V on that the same dish and all the pictures are showing well, so lets forget about these items, lets focus on this Decoder that is unable to give sufficient power to the DiseqC to control frequency up to 12.522 which is multi tv TP.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Timijo(m): 4:32pm On Aug 31, 2014
akplatnum2005: all customised decoder re close source meaning decoders like startime, DSTV, Daarsat, RRsat, can not be use for free to air because it is lock only to receive their signal. U need decoder like strong, qsat, openview etc. Regards!
Pls where can I find this FTA satellite forum among the list of fora on the front page? I used to google it before I can find it and am a nairaland member.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Euroadams: 4:38pm On Aug 31, 2014
graphicicon: thatnks for your response, let me clarify you a bit, that LNB is working properly and the DiseqC is also working properly because i used my sat finder on that the same LNB and DiseqC and the same TP 12.522 V on that the same dish and all the pictures are showing well, so lets forget about these items, lets focus on this Decoder that is unable to give sufficient power to the DiseqC to control frequency up to 12.522 which is multi tv TP.

are u sure its not all V or all H polarization channels that are not popping up? I nid to know to enable us make suggestns.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akplatnum2005(m): 5:29pm On Aug 31, 2014
Timijo: Pls where can I find this FTA satellite forum among the list of fora on the front page? I used to google it before I can find it and am a nairaland member.
u re just at the right place chief. This is the FTA thread.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 6:33pm On Aug 31, 2014
Euroadams:

are u sure its not all V or all H polarization channels that are not popping up? I nid to know to enable us make suggestns.
ok, the decoder is poping green on AIT TP which is 11.008 V 30.000, and also the decoder is poping green on RDV TP which is 10.804 H 30.000, but it is not poping green on multi tv TP which is 12.522 V 27.000, so do the mathematics now to see what am talking about, remember when u plug another decoder on that the same dish every TP is poping green, and also i have upgraded it to latest firmware from crosat.us
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Timijo(m): 7:10pm On Aug 31, 2014
akplatnum2005: u re just at the right place chief. This is the FTA thread.
U did nt understand my question. I cannot c d forum link on d frontpage. I hav searched for it under technology links but I did nt get it. I always google it b4 I can b in d thread. I was able to b here nw because I clicked on my mention.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Timijo(m): 7:13pm On Aug 31, 2014
graphicicon: ok, the decoder is poping green on AIT TP which is 11.008 V 30.000, and also the decoder is poping green on RDV TP which is 10.804 H 30.000, but it is not poping green on multi tv TP which is 12.522 V 27.000, so do the mathematics now to see what am talking about, remember when u plug another decoder on that the same dish every TP is poping green, and also i have upgraded it to latest firmware from crosat.us
Try dis TP. 12525V27500 for ur multi tv
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Timijo(m): 7:19pm On Aug 31, 2014
graphicicon: thatnks for your response, let me clarify you a bit, that LNB is working properly and the DiseqC is also working properly because i used my sat finder on that the same LNB and DiseqC and the same TP 12.522 V on that the same dish and all the pictures are showing well, so lets forget about these items, lets focus on this Decoder that is unable to give sufficient power to the DiseqC to control frequency up to 12.522 which is multi tv TP.
I experienced dis today, try turning ur lnb bit by bit if u are sure dat d lnb and ur diseqc are good.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by eerekake(m): 7:45pm On Aug 31, 2014
lamtam0:

Does Rdv run English commentary?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 7:46pm On Aug 31, 2014
Timijo: U did nt understand my question. I cannot c d forum link on d frontpage. I hav searched for it under technology links but I did nt get it. I always google it b4 I can b in d thread. I was able to b here nw because I clicked on my mention.
Check under entertainment > tv/movie > satellite TV technology or better still, type www.nairaland.com/fta

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Timijo(m): 7:55pm On Aug 31, 2014
Ameboperoo:
Check under entertainment > tv/movie > satellite TV technology or better still, type www.nairaland.com/fta
Thanks jawe
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rotimiseyi(m): 8:03pm On Aug 31, 2014
Timijo: U did nt understand my question. I cannot c d forum link on d frontpage. I hav searched for it under technology links but I did nt get it. I always google it b4 I can b in d thread. I was able to b here nw because I clicked on my mention.
Simply click on follow 2 always get d update
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kazzytech: 8:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
just click on follow and u are done
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Timijo(m): 10:49pm On Aug 31, 2014
With that your decoder you can track mytv and nilesat7w. You will use 60cm dish for mytv and d 90 cm dish for nilesat. U can also track dstv satellite but most of d channels are nt free, unless u want to use cccam to open d channels.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 11:13pm On Aug 31, 2014
Timijo: ... and d 90 cm dish for nilesat...
Which channels is he going to receive on NILESAT with 90cm dish?

(1) (2) (3) ... (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.