Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (600) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5435135 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by amdx21: 10:03am On Sep 15, 2014
Plz house help me out. I have a 1.8m dish with 2 lnbs attached, one for nilesat and the other for multi tv. I want to track the IRIB channels, so I bought a cband lnb to attach on the dish but my installer told me that I need a dedicated dish for the IRIB channels that I won't be able to attach it to the dish it won't work. is he right that i need another dish?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 10:03am On Sep 15, 2014
TOWNJUJU: Guys everything is possible in sat wold.
Check out dis dish and tell me ur observations. Though pix is not too clear

This is the type of dish I am currently using. I constructed the arm and stand by myself.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ainanimi: 10:12am On Sep 15, 2014
Good Morning Gurus in the House.
Please I have been trying to hunt down this IRIB bird with my 4m dish for the past few days now but to no avail. Can anybody give me some clue on how to go about it Please. I am using this frequency for my tracking 4338H27500.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kibukila(m): 12:02pm On Sep 15, 2014
amdx21: Plz house help me out. I have a 1.8m dish with 2 lnbs attached, one for nilesat and the other for multi tv. I want to track the IRIB channels, so I bought a cband lnb to attach on the dish but my installer told me that I need a dedicated dish for the IRIB channels that I won't be able to attach it to the dish it won't work. is he right that i need another dish?

I think you are receiving Nilesat as fringe satellite.If this is the case you have to use another dish for IRIB.Alternatively leave Nilesat and track IRIB in both cases multitv will work on either setup.To summarize if you are not in a footprint of Nilesat your dish will be able to give you either Nilesat or IRIB not both at the same time.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by irukandji89(m): 12:41pm On Sep 15, 2014
arsene1: guys 12016 v 30000 is green on ses 5 and there is no e hydepark just some fta channels

You are to track sirius 4 not ses 5.

Check abt 2-3 pages prior to this, you will see my answer on ∂ above subject matter. Direction etc.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sammu(m): 2:54pm On Sep 15, 2014
ainanimi: Good Morning Gurus in the House.
Please I have been trying to hunt down this IRIB bird with my 4m dish for the past few days now but to no avail. Can anybody give me some clue on how to go about it Please. I am using this frequency for my tracking 4338H27500.
Your tracking freq is wrong. Use 4055 H 27500. Then input 3964 v 30000 for irib

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ainanimi: 3:08pm On Sep 15, 2014
sammu:
Your tracking freq is wrong. Use 4055 H 27500. Then input 3964 v 30000 for irib

Thank you so much. I will try that as son as I have the chance over the weekend.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olutozn54(m): 4:14pm On Sep 15, 2014
Oluwalogbon:

just insert the cable to ur qsat and go to sat C Amos 5 and rescan it.u are good to go
Bros av done dat it writn no program
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olutozn54(m): 4:34pm On Sep 15, 2014
Olutozn54:
Tanx bro av blind scan n it workin .pls hw wil i add biss key,am at patch n sharin adding d biss key bt it nt adding
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Derbyman(m): 5:08pm On Sep 15, 2014
VITALYSTA:
Please what is the dish size?
60cm
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 5:31pm On Sep 15, 2014
Derbyman: 60cm
My bros pls is etv hydepark in the same direction as zuku?
Which tp is it exactly so that I can save it for tomorrow.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Freddygaz(m): 6:05pm On Sep 15, 2014
konami001:

I saw a house for sale and i saw through the fence that there was a big dish inside... i was looking for 3m that time to use for OSN/Nilesat... the compound was a very big compound and the dish appeared to me as a 3m.... i arranged with the agents and i paid for the dish, it was when i went back to the house to carry it i met the shock of my life... The dish was so big that we could not even carry it into the back of the van... it took about 15 men to lift the dish into the van.... then, during installation, i needed a crane to hang it up on the stand.. i will upload a pic of the dish later for all to see... I have been using the dish for more than 4 yrs... very solid dish...

ths a great dish thea....Hot bird is the limit.....here in E.Africa its a no go zone grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 6:07pm On Sep 15, 2014
@Abdulyoung111. .stb
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Derbyman(m): 6:53pm On Sep 15, 2014
Spy360:
My bros pls is etv hydepark in the same direction as zuku?
Which tp is it exactly so that I can save it for tomorrow.
Thanks.
12711 v/h 4420 and 12732 v/h 4406.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Talibanis: 6:54pm On Sep 15, 2014
konami001:

I get almost all the channels on hotbird with the exception of a few sky italia hd channels and Sky calcio 15 and some primafila channels... i am looking for an LNB that is very good with fringe satellite reception so i can nail all the channels on the bird...

My dish is very very big... it is so big that they call our House "Satellite House".... it is a 5.5m fibre dish...
Hmmm....if I may ask how much did u purchase the dish as of then? also with that type u should be getting almost all Sky UK channels including HD & 3D channels which u can unscramble with any good European Cccam/MgCamd providers. If u need suggestions I can provide for u.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ogojohn(m): 7:13pm On Sep 15, 2014
Olutozn54:
Tracking Qsat is giving yourself double wahara. Get a strong receiver for tracking.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oluwalogbon(m): 7:40pm On Sep 15, 2014
[quote author=Olutozn54]
Tanx bro av blind scan n it workin .pls hw wil i add biss key,am at patch n sharin adding d biss key bt it nt adding[/quote

check like previous 5 page I wrote last week there
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oluwalogbon(m): 7:44pm On Sep 15, 2014
Olutozn54:

check like previous 5 page I wrote last
week there.I'm used Qsat and I enjoy all HD channels

Firstly press on irib varzesh
channel and go to setting from setting
to cam setup from their to patch and
press it the red bottom and add the
freq and biss key.

11 11 11 33 11 11 11 33
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by xnnalvin(m): 9:33pm On Sep 15, 2014
Olutozn54:
Hmmmm I track dat same hyde park 2day n I hit it green wit ma signal reaching 87% den I blind scan den orda stations like first service,etv cape town n co..n wich I suspect dat first service replaced hyde park
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Emmaculate20(m): 10:37pm On Sep 15, 2014
xnnalvin:
Hmmmm I track dat same hyde park 2day n I hit it green wit ma signal reaching 87% den I blind scan den orda stations like first service,etv cape town n co..n wich I suspect dat first service replaced hyde park
Abeg, which TP did u use?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tunnath: 11:22pm On Sep 15, 2014
I have two questions,pls which UCL game irib(tv3,varsech) go show today and pls I'm using qsat for my irib and since I enta the patch code to my decorda,my decorda didn't store any oda channel again except irib channel......if I scan my decorda wit dstv signal,it wil just highlight dat he saw the dstv channel I'm scanning buh it won't store it for me to see...pls wat should I do
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kingsley6(m): 4:13am On Sep 16, 2014
xnnalvin:

dish size and tracking tp please... thanks and God bless you...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 6:41am On Sep 16, 2014
Two questions for the gurus...
1. Does the height of dish affect reception like in terestial antennas?
2. I saw 2 types of strong lnb, one with box and the other has cylinder base. Any difference? Which is better?
Thanks a million.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akinremedy(m): 8:17am On Sep 16, 2014
tunnath: I have two questions,pls which UCL game irib(tv3,varsech) go show today and pls I'm using qsat for my irib and since I enta the patch code to my decorda,my decorda didn't store any oda channel again except irib channel......if I scan my decorda wit dstv signal,it wil just highlight dat he saw the dstv channel I'm scanning buh it won't store it for me to see...pls wat should I do
U're making a mistake. After scanning, u'll be required to press yes or no. I'm certain u do click on No. I make d same mistake too for a very long time till i realized. Try it again and press "yes"
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by amdx21: 9:22am On Sep 16, 2014
kibukila:

I think you are receiving Nilesat as fringe satellite.If this is the case you have to use another dish for IRIB.Alternatively leave Nilesat and track IRIB in both cases multitv will work on either setup.To summarize if you are not in a footprint of Nilesat your dish will be able to give you either Nilesat or IRIB not both at the same time.
Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 10:35am On Sep 16, 2014
@Spy360.No and Yes depending on where you are siting the antenna.The first and most important consideration when choosing
a prospective antenna site is whether or not the area can provide an acceptable "look angle" at all the satellites required.The location or siting of the antenna must be such that you have a clear and unobstructed view facing south, southeast or southwest.In other words,you must ensure that no large trees,buildings,etc.,prevent a clear field of view.
Field tests have shown that the first one (in bold) performed better especially on fringe reception.

Spy360: Two questions for the gurus...
1. Does the height of dish affect reception like in terestial antennas?
2. I saw 2 types of strong lnb, [b]one with box [/b]and the other has cylinder base. Any difference? Which is better?
Thanks a million.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 12:31pm On Sep 16, 2014
blexxonmak: @Spy360.No and Yes depending on where you are siting the antenna.The first and most important consideration when choosing
a prospective antenna site is whether or not the area can provide an acceptable "look angle" at all the satellites required.The location or siting of the antenna must be such that you have a clear and unobstructed view facing south, southeast or southwest.In other words,you must ensure that no large trees,buildings,etc.,prevent a clear field of view.
Field tests have shown that the first one (in bold) performed better especially on fringe reception.

Thanks alot. I respect your knowledge.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 12:50pm On Sep 16, 2014
Pls permit me to ask again, I was trying to track etv hyde park but got etv capetown, are they the same?
Again tell me the difference among Sirius 4, Astra 4a, Ses 5 and Eutelsat 7a. Which one is Zuku, Star times and Etv in.
Thank you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 2:41pm On Sep 16, 2014
@Spy360. first service => 12710V DVB-S 4430-3/4
etv africa => 12722V DVB-S 4430-3/4 or 12728V DVB-S 4430-3/4
etv cape town = etv hyde park => 12734V DVB-S 4430-3/4 or 12740V DVB-S 4430-3/4

Sirius4 = Astra 4A/SES 5 at 4.9°E
Eutelsat7A/7B at 7.0°E
Zuku, Startimes and Etv are on Astra 4A/SES 5

Spy360: Pls permit me to ask again, I was trying to track etv hyde park but got etv capetown, are they the same?
Again tell me the difference among Sirius 4, Astra 4a, Ses 5 and Eutelsat 7a. Which one is Zuku, Star times and Etv in.
Thank you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by faithchild: 2:48pm On Sep 16, 2014
pls houae is anyone staying in onisha that knows d price of 3m pan dish, or can i get same in south wrst aside lagos,pls house help me ooo,im.tired of this small,60cm and 90cm dishes,i want to be able to expoit d satellite world
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 3:00pm On Sep 16, 2014
@faithchild.Send me a pm if you have the cash.3.6m to 10m pan dishes available on demand.

faithchild: pls houae is anyone staying in onisha that knows d price of 3m pan dish, or can i get same in south wrst aside lagos,pls house help me ooo,im.tired of this small,60cm and 90cm dishes,i want to be able to expoit d satellite world
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by faithchild: 3:08pm On Sep 16, 2014
blexxonmak: @faithchild.Send me a pm if you have the cash.3.6m to 10m pan dishes available on demand.

let me know ur location,i want 3m pan,state ur price here,thank u

(1) (2) (3) ... (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.