Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,606 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (603) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5442820 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 8:56am On Sep 18, 2014
mtchris: actually i didn't click the ok botton, i scrolled but it's automatically saves
If your feedback is correct, then there is a fault either with the box or remote control.

If not...
1. Click menu, from installation goto manual setting
2. Input parameters,
3. Click ok to save and scan
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:13am On Sep 18, 2014
irukandji89: Good morning.

Pls, from this link, www.lyngsat-maps.com/NSS-12.html it is shown that the nss-12 57E beam is c band and requires abt 1m dish size in nigeria.
Is this correct?

..there are three C band beams on n nss12..actually it is 110cm/1.1m for the west hemi beam but the global beam gives 290cm/2.9m dish..that means overall dish size is 290cm for nss12 ,west/global beam in Nigeria...where a 2.4m dish may lock the entire TP on nss12@57.east!

Cheers!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by microgiant: 10:05am On Sep 18, 2014
Bencoprof: undecidedwonders shal never end.hello guys i was surfing through the net and i found this pics.an lnb placed below a celing and it was used to track intelsat20@68.5e.uhmmm.is this real?

It is possible, that is one of the experiments I want to embark on next. An inverted offset dish is used for low elevation satellites. The dish, for low elevation of the satellite above the horizon, would point to the ground if installed right way up.

So you invert the dish, its been done and proven. But I'm not sure if any nairalander had tried it.

In essence, that Intelsat20@68.5°E LNB was installed using the inverted dish principle, which I have also wanted to experiment but for time constraints.

Sir Odilibe posted pictures of inverted dish on this forum.

These Satellites all have KU-Beams covering Nigeria
Eutelsat 70B @ 70.5°E, Africa Beam
ABS 2 @ 75.0°E, South & Central Africa Beam
Apstar 7 @ 76.5°E, Africa Beam.

The only way you can receive the above beams with a KU Offset dish is by inverting, otherwise the dish would be pointing to the ground.

I just need to get active TPs and create time for the experiment.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 11:45am On Sep 18, 2014
Question for the gurus...
What size of dish can enable one nail Ses4, ie where Canal+ is?
Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 12:20pm On Sep 18, 2014
600mm will be ok.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 2:12pm On Sep 18, 2014
@atuagbo.

I got your mail. Sorry for taking this long to acknowledge it. Will attend to it by today or tomorrow at most. I hope my reply would still be relevant.

kindly accept my warm regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 2:24pm On Sep 18, 2014
Bencoprof: undecidedwonders shal never end.hello guys i was surfing through the net and i found this pics.an lnb placed below a celing and it was used to track intelsat20@68.5e.uhmmm.is this real?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1713671_459356_jpeg8a61c4e08427509a71e6c3ef2250002a

microgiant:
It is possible, that is one of the experiments I want to embark on next. An inverted offset dish is used for low elevation satellites. The dish, for low elevation of the satellite above the horizon, would point to the ground if installed right way up.
So you invert the dish, its been done and proven. But I'm not sure if any nairalander had tried it.
In essence, that Intelsat20@68.5°E LNB was installed using the inverted dish principle, which I have also wanted to experiment but for time constraints.
Sir Odilibe posted pictures of inverted dish on this forum.
These Satellites all have KU-Beams covering Nigeria
Eutelsat 70B @ 70.5°E, Africa Beam
ABS 2 @ 75.0°E, South & Central Africa Beam
Apstar 7 @ 76.5°E, Africa Beam.
The only way you can receive the above beams with a KU Offset dish is by inverting, otherwise the dish would be pointing to the ground.
I just need to get active TPs and create time for the experiment.

But looking at the pic, the dish wasnt inverted. just the normal multiple lnb on one dish trick we've all being doing for long.

@bencoprof,

forget about the under the roof thing, doesnt have any effect on the overall setup. Its just that the installer happened to have taken the dish a bit high towards the roof.

my regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by microgiant: 3:29pm On Sep 18, 2014
olenyi:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1713671_459356_jpeg8a61c4e08427509a71e6c3ef2250002a

But looking at the pic, the dish wasnt inverted. just the normal multiple lnb on one dish trick we've all being doing for long.

@bencoprof,

forget about the under the roof thing, doesnt have any effect on the overall setup. Its just that the installer happened to have taken the dish a bit high towards the roof.

my regards.

Prof Olenyi
long time no see, welcome back.

I never said the dish was inverted. What I am implying is that by checking the picture very well hope you will agree with me that if the dish is inverted the LNB arm of the dish will be approximately where the Intelsat20@68.5°E LNB is presently.

Please take a look at a picture of an inverted dish and compare.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by irukandji89(m): 3:47pm On Sep 18, 2014
odilibe: ..there are three C band beams on n nss12..actually it is 110cm/1.1m for the west hemi beam but the global beam gives 290cm/2.9m dish..that means overall dish size is 290cm for nss12 ,west/global beam in Nigeria...where a 2.4m dish may lock the entire TP on nss12@57.east!

Cheers!

Thanks my Oga for your reply.
So I can use my currently refurbished 3m fibre dish to track it without stress.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 4:36pm On Sep 18, 2014
microgiant:
I never said the dish was inverted
I think the dish is using two lnb arms...lnb at 68.5east is equal to inverted dish! though the PIC is not clear!

Cheers!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by xnnalvin(m): 4:55pm On Sep 18, 2014
odilibe: I think the dish is using two lnb arms...lnb at 68.5east is equal to inverted dish! though the PIC is not clear!
Have you noted that satellite offset antennas with dual focus gives more gain than normal focus offset satellite antennas..that is a 90cm double focus dish is equal to 110 cm normal focus offset dish...

Cheers!

Bosses I throw way salute to u guys m ready to learn more at d feet of masters like oga oleyin,odilibe,microgiant,bencoprof n ordaz...pls wanna hookup wit u guyz m ready to learn sirs...dis ma mail sirs samuelsalako13@yahoo.com..if I cn av ur numba sirs..dose pictures n words u guys ar sayin ar makin me feel av nt started..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 5:16pm On Sep 18, 2014
microgiant:

Prof Olenyi
long time no see, welcome back.

I never said the dish was inverted. What I am implying is that by checking the picture very well hope you will agree with me that if the dish is inverted the LNB arm of the dish will be approximately where the Intelsat20@68.5°E LNB is presently.

Please take a look at a picture of an inverted dish and compare.

My brother in ASAS, I dey.

@topic.

Quite True. I'll say I misunderstood you. It reminds me of when etv feed on astra 4a was discovered, some installer's down here found it extremely difficult to nail the bird. Some then resorted to inverting the dish to be able to get it.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Segunod(m): 5:49pm On Sep 18, 2014
SSHD3Ni, SSHD5Ni, SS3Ni and SS5Ni currently fta on 36.... enjoy while it last
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by microgiant: 5:52pm On Sep 18, 2014
@odilibe, there is only one LNB arm, what you are seeing is the batten. The LNB is actually attached to the ceiling batten. Nigerians are ingenious. cheesy

@ Olenyi, true talk.

I have always nursed this idea to try the inverted principle for Intelsat20 on dish with primary LNB focused on Eutelsat4/7, but never had the time to experiment it.

My present abode, I need a long ladder (approximately 18 feet) to get to my dish. grin

@xnnalvin, go to my profile an follow me, I will follow back.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 6:12pm On Sep 18, 2014
microgiant: @odilibe, there is only one LNB arm, what you are seeing is the batten. The LNB is actually attached to the ceiling batten. Nigerians are ingenious. cheesy

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sexynick: 6:28pm On Sep 18, 2014
odilibe.how about the middle east beam on nss12?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obynocute(m): 7:04pm On Sep 18, 2014
Segunod: SSHD3Ni, SSHD5Ni, SS3Ni and SS5Ni currently fta on 36.... enjoy while it last
freq plszzzzz
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Bencoprof: 7:05pm On Sep 18, 2014
olenyi:

@bencoprof,

my regards.
uhmmmm@olenyi.nice 1...it realy got me suprised
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Bencoprof: 7:27pm On Sep 18, 2014
inverted dishes undecided
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Bencoprof: 7:40pm On Sep 18, 2014
@olenyi u re makin sense here.this dish wasnt inverted.the instaler is a jink..from what olenyi said,the dish was raised upward so that the lnb placed below the ceiling wil be in that region of the dish.i.e the dish is slightly housing the lnb..the lnb is within the range of the dish.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Bencoprof: 7:57pm On Sep 18, 2014
oh oh oh.now i see.the instaler of this dish,i.e the placing of the lnb below the roof,he jst imagine the dish to have been inverted..see proof below..olenyi odilibe,micor giant should reason this with me.the last pics below is a dish inverted used to track 65.8e..i wil upload the other pics later.this present 1 isnt workin.regards

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 18, 2014
My multi tv3 is scrambled. Is it mine only or general?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 8:02pm On Sep 18, 2014
Hurray! Hurray!!
Gurus everywhere, everywhere.

Ehe, gurus dey talk inverted things no be all this nonsense give me biss key, is Astra a dish, what is SR mtchew.
Abeg gurus ride on jawe!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Timijo(m): 9:36pm On Sep 18, 2014
Pls has anyone been able to use biss key to descramble multi tv tv3 on SRT 4950 decoder? I have tried different methods I read here and other sites but all could not avail.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sammu(m): 9:59pm On Sep 18, 2014
Timijo: Pls has anyone been able to use biss key to descramble multi tv tv3 on SRT 4950 decoder? I have tried different methods I read here and other sites but all could not avail.
U must patch ur decoder to enjoy this feature.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Emisco1(m): 10:47pm On Sep 18, 2014
Bencoprof: @olenyi u re makin sense here.this dish wasnt inverted.the instaler is a jink..from what olenyi said,the dish was raised upward so that the lnb placed below the ceiling wil be in that region of the dish.i.e the dish is slightly housing the lnb..the lnb is within the range of the dish.
lt me hlp u bro...d installer did a gud job wit dt pic.using d normal method nd inverted. D primary trackin was 4 Dstv at 36degree..nw wen u try usin d inverted method wit d dstv position..u wuld gt 68.5..nearly d inverted declination or offset 4 36gree wich ix denoted by 2Xoffset i.e 2X36=72..add d second lnb wit an iron.mayb stuf lyk dt.nd adjust 2 68.5degree.usin d inverted method... Dsadvantage ix dt..ur lnb wuld spoil fast due 2 water 4rm rain..if u mount in an open space...Dt ma own view of dx stuf.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Easy200: 10:58pm On Sep 18, 2014
please I would like to know the FTA channels on 7°E I'm thinking of adding an lnb for it thanks my people.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kamaye(m): 11:42pm On Sep 18, 2014
I need a help please, my strong decoder 4922 failed to receive the Daarsat package AIT, NTA and the rest but all the channels on that satellite (Amos 5) are showing except the the Daarsat channels even with blind scan. Can somebody help me with the frequency to input manually or any suggestion please?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Timijo(m): 12:04am On Sep 19, 2014
sammu:
U must patch ur decoder to enjoy this feature.
It is patched already, and it is enable. The thing is nt just working on it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 12:30am On Sep 19, 2014
Easy200: please I would like to know the FTA channels on 7°E I'm thinking of adding an lnb for it thanks my people.

http://www.flysat.com/e7east.php

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 12:32am On Sep 19, 2014
Kamaye: I need a help please, my strong decoder 4922 failed to receive the Daarsat package AIT, NTA and the rest but all the channels on that satellite (Amos 5) are showing except the the Daarsat channels even with blind scan. Can somebody help me with the frequency to input manually or any suggestion please?

http://www.flysat.com/amos5.php

http://www.flysat.com/e16a.php

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ishe25(m): 12:36am On Sep 19, 2014
Kamaye: I need a help please, my strong decoder 4922 failed to receive the Daarsat package AIT, NTA and the rest but all the channels on that satellite (Amos 5) are showing except the the Daarsat channels even with blind scan. Can somebody help me with the frequency to input manually or any suggestion please?
I guessed you blind scan it in the evening or night. I'll advice you blind scan your AMOS 5 again in the morning and see. Update me to know what to advice again if it doesn't come up. But try and do the blind scan in the morning cos DAARSAT is always low at night

(1) (2) (3) ... (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.