Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,454 members, 7,823,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (606) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5447044 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by guente02(m): 11:41am On Sep 22, 2014
Pls i stay in Sokoto.
Like what dish size would help me nail Hotbird?
Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 12:20pm On Sep 22, 2014
@all,

It has taken a while but as promised these are the pictures of the renovation works
carried out on my 3-in-1 motorised COMSTAR dish recently.

Brief sypnosis:

1) Jack was getting stuck in one position too frequently
2) Signal loss on mostly the KU lnb and circular C band
3) Troubleshooting results pointed to a weak LNB and too small jack wire

So, off I went and swung into action.

1) Changed out circular C band lnb from STRONG K5 to K6
2) Changed out under-performing Ku premium 2 lazer lnb with Pauxis 0.1db lnb
3) Changed out regular jack wire and replaced with 1.5mm 4-core flex cable
4) Changed out under-performing so-called heavy duty jack in favor of regular 24inch jack

Result: My dish is back and better.

Ok, now to the pictures:

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 12:36pm On Sep 22, 2014
The 3 - in - 1 setup:

Circular C - band LNB at the top,
Pauxis 0.1db KU lnb at the middle (yellow plastic cover) and
Linear C - band LNB at the bottom.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 12:43pm On Sep 22, 2014
A view from below:

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 1:05pm On Sep 22, 2014
The works (equipment and materials): smiley

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 1:12pm On Sep 22, 2014
Strong C - band LNB. Be sure to open the blue cover and check the throat.
A number is inscribed at the bottom - from k4 to k6. Presently K6 is still the
highest grade.

And for all those currently battling with interference from GSM and WIFI signals
on their C-Band signal reception, STRONG C band LNB is your friend.
Ever since I changed from SUPERMAX C band to STRONG, all that has been history.
You can take my word for it.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 1:26pm On Sep 22, 2014
Pauxis 0.1db KU - the LNb that saved the day.
Ok, I must confess I've never really been a fan of pauxis (ever since my sad experience with their underperforming 0.3db single LNB)
but I was blown away with the signal reception I got from this 0.1db twin LNB. It truely confirms that its noise figure is not just
a stamp used as a marketing gimmick (which unfortunately is the case with most LNBs).

I will truely recommend for anybody tracking DTH KU signals. You can't go wrong with this beauty!

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 1:36pm On Sep 22, 2014
Job completed! The finished dish pointing at Amos 5/KU. In this position using the 3-in-1 set up, you can recieve
both Amos 5/Ku (middle LNB) and Arabsat 5/C (right hand side LNB) without moving the dish.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by rahsumt(m): 1:37pm On Sep 22, 2014
Valto: 1.3m dish is very much available in alaba market in many shops.. Go to nab-sat communications shop B352 (electronics section)

Thanks I will check the place at Alaba..... thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 1:43pm On Sep 22, 2014
Next, I will be posting screen shots of various satellites positions and channels.
And of course my annual list of tracking frequencies for C - band and KU DTH satellites applicable to South, East and
West. Compilation in progress. Stay TUNED! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Freddygaz(m): 2:10pm On Sep 22, 2014
GeorgeD1: Next, I will be posting screen shots of various satellites positions and channels.
And of course my annual list of tracking frequencies for C - band and KU DTH satellites applicable to South, East and

Thats so intriging...waiting for the reception details of hot bird and the astras grin
Happy hunting
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 3:05pm On Sep 22, 2014
@GeorgeD.Ride on bro.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 22, 2014
GeorgeD1: Next, I will be posting screen shots of various satellites positions and channels.
He remains One of the founding fathers here in NL,kudos to you,always with ground-breaking innovations,kip it up baba,we r following ur footsteps.Viva FTA
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Valto(m): 5:04pm On Sep 22, 2014
rahsumt:

Thanks I will check the place at Alaba..... thanks
ok..check there, even if he dont have at the moment , he can help u get it somewhere else. He imports..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ebenz4(m): 5:44pm On Sep 22, 2014
@all I scan dstv statin on my 4669x stb and I go 2 ss3hd on dsame tp one is free and d other one encrypt... But what funny to me is dat wen I connect d cable to bck of 4992a and I scan on dat same tp I got only one ss3hd and ss6hd both r encrypt.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by johnbull942: 5:46pm On Sep 22, 2014
@GeorgeD1,

i want to install a 4m dish and i want to get nilesat/mbc and also hotbird/irib; how do i go about it

i will like to contact u, GeorgeD1
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ketigoi: 6:03pm On Sep 22, 2014
@ George D,
Well done job
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackson14k: 6:40pm On Sep 22, 2014
Please is O-sat now working and able to hack dstv channels?
Pls help me guys
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umassor(m): 6:47pm On Sep 22, 2014
johnbull942: @GeorgeD1,

i want to install a 4m dish and i want to get nilesat/mbc and also hotbird/irib; how do i go about it

i will like to contact u, GeorgeD1
where is ur location ?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Janyves(m): 7:09pm On Sep 22, 2014
i][/i]Please gurus in the house... I'm a jjc/latent. Fta fan. Recently I tracked my first bird which is astra(28.2E) but its shows only xtian channels and some yeye test channels.the good channels like etv,bet,trace... All have $ signs on them. I'm I the only one experiencing this? Pls. Help me out on how to get the best of it. Strength and quality- 81%. I use a strong 4950h decoder [b][/b]
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adexdaprince(m): 8:30pm On Sep 22, 2014
please guru in d house, my 4669x is working with only two frequencies on amos 5 ku.But All d rest of d frequency is nt working.i dont know its problem bcs joytv position is not working there also.pls i want u to come to my rescue all gurus in d house.Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 8:30pm On Sep 22, 2014
Janyves: i][/i]Please gurus in the house... I'm a jjc/latent. Fta fan. Recently I tracked my first bird which is astra(28.2E) but its shows only xtian channels and some yeye test channels.the good channels like etv,bet,trace... All have $ signs on them. I'm I the only one experiencing this? Pls. Help me out on how to get the best of it. Strength and quality- 81%. I use a strong 4950h decoder [b][/b]
Hahahhaaaaa, sorry o, but mehn you be real rookie.
Well, you tracked Intelsat 68.5'east not Astra 2f @28' east. What you have is MyTv sat.
So to get Astra 2f for Multi tv, from front of the dish, move up about 30deg and left, up and left until you hit green. Use tp 12562v27000 to track (someone help confirm the tp, I no sure). Keep trying, soon you will start helping others like me.

Goodluck, friend.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Asenjeff: 8:40pm On Sep 22, 2014
Spy360:
Well, you tracked Intelsat 68.5'east not Astra 2f @28' east. What you have is MyTv sat.
So to get Astra 2f for Multi tv, from front of the dish, move up about 30deg and left, up and left until you hit green. Use tp 12562v27000 to track (someone help confirm the tp, I no sure). Keep trying, soon you will start helping others like me.

Goodluck, friend.
12522 v 27041
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by flashyberry: 8:42pm On Sep 22, 2014
coderXO:

I don't get it someone please clarify this for me.

I have been reading the mbcs at NILE 102 7w were gone.
Some are saying they are showing sports.
Some are saying they will move to NILE 201.
Then I go to lyngsat-maps and see a footprint map of eutelsat 7WA NWA beam that tells me a 1m dish should pick it up.

Which one is it abeg na?

One full and fit answer for a guy who wants to go and buy a dish, to get mbc 1 2 3 4, action movies etc. (that when it moves to 201, I will still be able to pick it up)

my ogas @odilibe @olenyi @flashyberry abeg feel free .

thx.
pls d mbc on nilesat 201/102/101 isn't gone... Dats 7w! Its d one on east position dat is gone.... 12728 v 30000 nd 11191 v 03210, sorry if d frequency is wrong its gone nw sef, nt important .d one on nilesat west position is still working very well... I think.. And someone did d installation lst week in dis forum nd posted us pictures.. Check previous page. And d one on badr 4/5 is working well still... These sat can be nailed with 2.4m dish and above with ur ku lnbs...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by flashyberry: 8:43pm On Sep 22, 2014
EMMAACHILE:

Depends on your location. In Kogi, a 1.8m dish will pick mbc 1-4, action and max with about 65% strength quality. Those in south-south nigeria like Lagos should go for a minimum of 2.4m dish to receive it.
very candid!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by flashyberry: 8:55pm On Sep 22, 2014
GeorgeD1: @all,

It has taken a while but as promised these are the pictures of the renovation works
carried out on my 3-in-1 motorised COMSTAR dish recently.

Brief sypnosis:

1) Jack was getting stuck in one position too frequently
2) Signal loss on mostly the KU lnb and circular C band
3) Troubleshooting results pointed to a weak LNB and too small jack wire

So, off I went and swung into action.

1) Changed out circular C band lnb from STRONG K5 to K6
2) Changed out under-performing Ku premium 2 lazer lnb with Pauxis 0.1db lnb
3) Changed out regular jack wire and replaced with 1.5mm 4-core flex cable
4) Changed out under-performing so-called heavy duty jack in favor of regular 24inch jack

Result: My dish is back and better.

Ok, now to the pictures:
sir george d field marshal.. Ur work re always tight and legit. Ur ma hero ooo.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by xnnalvin(m): 10:09pm On Sep 22, 2014
menh gurus in ause xo xo confuse pls help me gurus..was trackin nilesat7west avin it in mind dat i wanna hit beinsport1 to 16hd...i used dis tp in trackin 12284 v 27500 i got 69%.input orda beinsports frq its all red like blood...n d previous tp i used brot beinsport16hd se n bein sport news sd..pls m xo xo confuse gurus in d ause wot culd b d cause of orda beinsport nt comin up cox m really in anticipation to nail d sat..i use 4669 to track pls hlp gurus
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Valto(m): 10:53pm On Sep 22, 2014
xnnalvin: menh gurus in ause xo xo confuse pls help me gurus..was trackin nilesat7west avin it in mind dat i wanna hit beinsport1 to 16hd...i used dis tp in trackin 12284 v 27500 i got 69%.input orda beinsports frq its all red like blood...n d previous tp i used brot beinsport16hd se n bein sport news sd..pls m xo xo confuse gurus in d ause wot culd b d cause of orda beinsport nt comin up cox m really in anticipation to nail d sat..i use 4669 to track pls hlp gurus
though location based, but i hope u av upto 4 dish. 69% might be a bit poor for all bein sports channels to pop out.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by xnnalvin(m): 11:43pm On Sep 22, 2014
Valto: though location based, but i hope u av upto 4 dish. 69% might be a bit poor for all bein sports channels to pop out.
i av 4.4m dish
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Janyves(m): 11:46pm On Sep 22, 2014
Spy360:

Goodluck, friend.
. Prof pls I can't see astra 2f on the satellites list. Please just help me Identify its name... I'll make sure I track it before weekend
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by unikazzy(m): 12:21am On Sep 23, 2014
Pls can we get biss key for Amos 5 channels?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 4:17am On Sep 23, 2014
@unikazzy. NO.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.