Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,256 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5454537 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jayboskie7: 1:05pm On Jan 09, 2012
I Hacked,Please remember me too in your kingdom: jaybolar@gmail.com.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pofolo(m): 2:03pm On Jan 09, 2012
To all my 9ja peeps, hapy striking holiday.

@ all,
I have come to observe that the trend is people asking for ihacked to accept their mail address thereby spaming this thread.
My simple advice,
Ihacked shud start a thread for multi lnb holder, put his pics n tutorial notes there ( if he so wishes ),so as to easy spaming of d main fta thread.
My own 2 cents though, thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 2:31pm On Jan 09, 2012
pofolo:

To all my 9ja peeps, hapy striking holiday.

@ all,
I have come to observe that the trend is people asking for ihacked to accept their mail address thereby spaming this thread.
My simple advice,
Ihacked shud start a thread for multi lnb holder, put his pics n tutorial notes there ( if he so wishes ),so as to easy spaming of d main fta thread.
My own 2 cents though, thanks.
Very good advice! I Hacked, the ball is in your court. Let's keep the fire burning cool cool
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 9:20pm On Jan 09, 2012
@ all
plz i am installing 3.6m pan dish kindly advise the best product for 36 inches heavy duty jack and prize
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by borderline(m): 4:02am On Jan 10, 2012
Checked into the country just in-time before the national strike could grind me. Missed my setup(everything over there was just a dull&expensive dth platform with nothing to play around with).but back to naija where everything is happening at the moment.{Maybe some of the freeview channels would remove the 'subsidy'on their stations & become paytv?}.
@adedayo
@olagunju
@kosoko
thanks for keeping in touch
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 7:58am On Jan 10, 2012
I want to put it in pdf or  simple way for many to be able to pig it without any machine
but this would be only home made

the one on the pictures need some machine

everything would be here not on new thread or any thread or any forum

am busy at the moment so brods gime time

@all new HD DECODER to be lunch in Ghana starting from Ksi very soon is going to be cheeps ever
price would be Gh70 t0 Gh100 it comes with dish  it have all features in srt 4902 but not a strong product thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by zoboizee: 9:54am On Jan 10, 2012
guys, my 69x with valid subscription on dstv aint working as at ds moment. is ds general with any srt 69x user out there wit zeta card.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by zoboizee: 11:11am On Jan 10, 2012
Ok now.na dem block am.dey don open am aftr i send txt.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Stevolat: 3:13am On Jan 11, 2012
Pls fellow satmate help on how 2 track w3c @16¤E. Wc sat wuld b my reference point. Tanks in anticpatn
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dmote(m): 7:34am On Jan 11, 2012
nothing dey for w3c 16 east now all the channel nah french and of which them no show any epl.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sammu(m): 7:42am On Jan 11, 2012
use astra 2b@28e as reference sat. And gently move yur dish upwards
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kombats: 8:20am On Jan 11, 2012
Ikiriye:

@ all
plz i am installing 3.6m pan dish kindly advise the best product for 36 inches heavy duty jack and prize
pls can u tell where u bought ur 3.6m pan dish and the price, i have search the whole of alaba and couldn't find it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 10:42am On Jan 11, 2012
@all, MGM is not showing on w2a. has it shifted to another sat?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rextab(m): 11:42am On Jan 11, 2012
Lunsat:

No it hasnt shiftd,just change your symbol rate to 3834.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 11:45am On Jan 11, 2012
Lunsat:

Rextab:

Even their Audio PID, Video PID has changed. Just rescan on the sat and everything will be back to normal. cool cool
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 1:09pm On Jan 11, 2012
Funny because the old TP for MGM on w2a is still green but showing nothing. Thanks I will rescan w2a. what about film max on paksat 1r 38degrees. Are you able to pick it? The TP is also green but showing nothing.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 1:20pm On Jan 11, 2012
Lunsat:

Funny because the old TP for MGM on w2a is still green but showing nothing. Thanks I will rescan w2a. what about film max on paksat 1r 38degrees. Are you able to pick it? The TP is also green but showing nothing.
Yes, that's what I also experienced a few days ago, the signal was there but MGM was not showing. When I rescanned it's when I discovered they have changed their PID and I am now watching it. As for Filmax, I have moved my dish from Paksat 1R. The last time I was there (a week ago) it was green but no video/audio. I will give you a feed back when I move my dish back to Paksat 1R (I will use any means available to me to contact you bro!). I heard Filmax is also on Thaicom 5 (although I discovered it's a regional beam). wink wink wink wink
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bisi12004: 2:37pm On Jan 11, 2012
Rextab:

pls ,what is the size of dish i can use to track w2a and the tracking frequency in ibadan.Oyo state. Nigeria.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Stevolat: 3:40pm On Jan 11, 2012
dmote:

nothing dey for w3c 16 east now all the channel nah french and of which them no show any epl.
But dia r freebies like rdv,setanta africa & lots
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Stevolat: 3:49pm On Jan 11, 2012
sammu:

use astra 2b@28e as reference sat. And gently move yur dish upwards
tanks bro,i wanna give it a try hope it's not dat stubborn like w3a.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ussals(m): 3:56pm On Jan 11, 2012
@all is any one experiencing no or bad signal on arabsat 5a, specifically this frequency: 4176L27500? Any info?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 4:00pm On Jan 11, 2012
@Pidzo, thanks Bro. Rgds.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 4:20pm On Jan 11, 2012
Ussals:

@all is any one experiencing no or bad signal on arabsat 5a, specifically this frequency: 4176L27500? Any info?
A lot of channels are migrating to Arabsat 5c and if you feel your settings and equipment are fine then its one of those culprits. Try rescanning, if it doesnt work then be assured that you can get those channels on Arabsat 5c (although not all channels are present from 5a). cool cool
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ussals(m): 6:12pm On Jan 11, 2012
Pidzo:

A lot of channels are migrating to Arabsat 5c and if you feel your settings and equipment are fine then its one of those culprits. Try rescanning, if it doesnt work then be assured that you can get those channels on Arabsat 5c (although not all channels are present from 5a). cool cool
thanks, my setup is okay cuz i can still get reuters channel and also muvi tv africa unite 1and 2, let me check 5c
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 10:50pm On Jan 11, 2012
@all
Can i receive sky uk in portharcourt with 3.6m pan dish.i need this info urgently cos i have contracted some one to produce one for me this january the strike action is delaying him plz
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bomboyi(m): 9:11am On Jan 12, 2012
Ikiriye:

@all
Can i receive sky uk in portharcourt with 3.6m pan dish.i need this info urgently cos i have contracted some one to produce one for me this january the strike action is delaying him plz

I think you can get with 3.6m dish. Its available in all parts of west Africa
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 8:35pm On Jan 12, 2012
@Ikiriye,
I can see you have finally taken the bite! 3.6m is not a bad idea and you should be able
to receive Sky UK without stress in Port-Harcourt.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 7:34am On Jan 13, 2012
@All, I have a question to the Gurus on the C-band LNBF. What baffles me is how to put the teflon for circular signals. Inside the throat of the LNBF you will notice that there are two probes which are the antenas. On the walls you will notice that are are two pairs of grooves for the teflon, which means there are two ways of putting the teflon. One way puts both probes on one side and the other puts one probe on each side of the teflon. When do you put the teflon one way and not the other?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:23am On Jan 13, 2012
Lunsat:

@All, I have a question to the Gurus on the C-band LNBF. What baffles me is how to put the teflon for circular signals. Inside the throat of the LNBF you will notice that there are two probes which are the antenas. On the walls you will notice that are are two pairs of grooves for the teflon, which means there are two ways of putting the teflon. One way puts both probes on one side and the other puts one probe on each side of the teflon. When do you put the teflon one way and not the other?
The teflon is for circular polarity,putting it either ways in the lnb ,will give you circular polarity, the other way gives you more signal on the L/R circular polarity but block the signal on h/v linear polarity completely. You need to experiment on it grin

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 7:58pm On Jan 13, 2012
@george d
thanks man i tried your line not going true what is your signal level in warri on sky and hotbird,comfirm if u are reachable
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 8:45pm On Jan 13, 2012
@Ikiriye,
My 3m dish is hooked only to Nilesat for now however Mr BUTONEDAY who is nearby do receive SKY and Hotbird on his 4m dish. I'll have to ask him about his signal strength when I get back to town.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 10:13pm On Jan 13, 2012
affnex 1 and 2 on atlantic bird3 are now broadcasting on mpeg4. I Hope this years afcon will be more interestin without the top dogs,

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)