Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,843 members, 7,813,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5433778 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 5:16am On Jan 14, 2012
@George D
copied man thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 6:18pm On Jan 14, 2012
@George-d how are u , it is one year now that u told me to be patience 4 my cband signal, up till now there is no improvement, i can only get aljazeera on 68e and the signal stable at midnigth till 7am before it went off. Arab sat 20e i got 97% and it it is just fluctuating no stable chanels, nss703 at 57e i got 64% no green what did i do wrong the lnb is supermax. I am waiting 4 ur reply.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 1:31am On Jan 15, 2012
@adex70 What size of dish do you have,mesh,solid and do you have trees or building close to your dish at east.thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ojtech8291: 5:46pm On Jan 15, 2012
Pls, i need  lnb skew 4 eutelw6@21.6east nd badr4@26east as wl as d trackable tp. God bls all d able contributors. Otukpo, benue state
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 6:11pm On Jan 15, 2012
ojtech8291:

Pls, i need  lnb skew 4 eutelw6@21.6east nd badr4@26east as wl as d trackable tp. God bls all d able contributors. Otukpo, benue state
For eutelsat w6 ku the tp is 11653 v 15714 and badr you use 12303 h 27500,thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by chuk101(m): 7:40pm On Jan 15, 2012
@adex ,guy , what you need to do is to remove the di electric plate in your c band lnbf and u will be good to go, note it is for intelsat 68 deg east alone
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jan 15, 2012
My latest research showed that a faulty usb flash drive will always crash your decoder during upgrading. Even if the decoder is original!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 8:17pm On Jan 15, 2012
12303 h 27500 is badr5 and not 4
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 8:59pm On Jan 15, 2012
@Gadotor the dish is 2.4 solid motorised,with fuji lnb as prime focus, supermax cband attached to it on top just like George-d set up pics, the set up is on top of my stair above the close building. Is there any cband lnb stronger and perform better than supermax?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 15, 2012
Is anybody receiving any Nigerian local Tv as fta? I tried all the Tp and Sr of intelsat 905 and 907 on lyngsat and i wasn't able to nail any local Station. Anybody with useful info should please help.
Tnx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 11:39pm On Jan 15, 2012
@auchs
its not only u thats having such a pain tracking these 9ja stations.
apparently all local providers have just conspired to make life a living hell for us, why else would they choose birds that are just elusive for most 9jerians?
as far as my location is concerned i have not been able to nail the two birds of l8t.Gone are the days of AIT on 18 deg west.
so untill things improve,well just have to live with this anomaly(pardon my pun).
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by badaru1(m): 8:06am On Jan 16, 2012
@adexy70
The problem you are having with your c-band in respect of flunctuation of the signal is outside your control,it is cause by wimax signal interference. There is nothing you can do about. I experience about 2 years ago,I have to abandon my c-band set up. There is no any tangible solution for now
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 16, 2012
@fresh p
The northern africans and westerns knows the power of media and utilizes very well. While we  from here down to south africa got  the mindset that everything must be paid for. Look at the likes of Badr, nilesat, hotbird, eurobird1 etc which are all off footprint to us are owned by the uae and the westerns. Our south african neighbour who is in quote rich in tech uses us as a tool to make money by scrambling there most channels receivable on sats from west africa like etv, mtv etc. Lets hope that the new nigcomsat 1r will do us good while giving a big thanks to multitv and ghana and the off footprint beamers.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mrOops: 10:25am On Jan 16, 2012
Hello all.

i want to track both c-band and ku band intelsat 68.5° e on 1.8m ground dish in port harcourt. is it possible? i need tracking direction using multi tv as my reference point.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by miju(m): 4:39pm On Jan 16, 2012
@ALL If i remove the di electric pole will i be good to go for arabsat 5a on 90cm dish or i still need feed horn?
where can i get to buy a feedhorn or how can i improvise one?
pls help!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 7:48pm On Jan 16, 2012
@auchs
You have just said my mind, may the dieties see them through.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 9:44pm On Jan 16, 2012
@Badaru i think i agree with u on my setup, a year kungu told me thesame he even advise me to move the dish to face a tree or house to protect it 4rm interferance, and i notice since intel 7/10 is facing down against a building that is why i can receive some channel there. Pls if u have tracking freq for mbc nilesat on yagi antena pls drop it 4 me thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bisi12004: 9:47pm On Jan 16, 2012
@ all, pls is there a way to track w4(36e),astra(28e) and w3c(16e) on a single dish. Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 10:51pm On Jan 16, 2012
All,rescan your nile.jsc now +1-+5 unfortunately 1 and 2 (fta) is gone and jsc global.(12284 v 27500)
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mrOops: 11:17pm On Jan 16, 2012
mr. Oops:

Hello all.

i want to track both c-band and ku band intelsat 68.5° e on 1.8m ground dish in port harcourt. is it possible? i need tracking direction using multi tv as my reference point.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 8:02am On Jan 17, 2012
Arabsat covers Africa
Arabsat’s latest satellite, Arabsat 5C, launched in September 2011, is now covering Africa with a portfolio of Middle East channels assembled by GlobeCast.

GlobeCast’s channels, organised via the Arab States Broadcasting Union, takes the channels which are collected at the Jordan Media City in Amman, and uplinked directly to 5C.

Philippe Fort, Chief Operating Officer of GlobeCast says: “We are pleased to work with our long-time partners ARABSAT and ASBU on optimizing the delivery of this bouquet of premium Arab content to households across Africa. We’re looking forward to the bouquet’s success in this growing market.”

Khaled Balkheyour, ARABSAT President and CEO, said “Our partnership with GlobeCast has been strengthened with the successful launch of ARABSAT 5C as our fleet is becoming part of the global distribution network of Free-to-Air Arabic channels managed by GlobeCast, specifically the ARABSAT/ASBU Global Bouquet.” smiley smiley smiley
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 8:47am On Jan 17, 2012
[size=14pt]Bad News[/size]
One of the reliable pages we use to download software for different receivers www.crosat.us has been hacked. The hacker has written on the front page saying: ". . . it was just a warning. File is never deleted." 
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 11:37am On Jan 17, 2012
mr. Oops:

Hello all.

The global beam of intelsat 68.5east C-band covers the whole nigeria, the recommended dish size is 2.5 metre dish,it is possible,with 1.8metre dish you can only receive few transponders like aljazeera news 4064 H19850 C-band etc. use aljazeera frequency 4064 H,on strong receiver U need to get the signal over 55 % to turn green not below 50%, i have tracked aljazeera news previously with 1.8metre dish in enugu NG i got 69% quality the tp signal is always constant, for the ku band frequency use mytv/vivid frequency 12722 h/v26657 grin

you can track both intelsat 68.5east Ku and C-band at the same position using C/KU band 2 in 1 lnb combo.Multi tv is at 28.2east ,standing at the back of the dish ,intelsat @ 68.5east is at the left of astra /multi tv @ 28.2 east. slowly move dish   to your left hand side,then downwards towards 68.5east, move dish at the left side, up and down respectively.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mrOops: 1:20pm On Jan 17, 2012
Thanks alot. @odilibe
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 1:26pm On Jan 17, 2012
[size=14pt]Good News[/size]
the website www.crosat.us is now up and running. Looks like the hacker lived to his word and files are intact.  grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ojtech8291: 5:43pm On Jan 17, 2012
Pls, what i need is exact lnbf skew for eutelw6 nd badr4
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 8:13pm On Jan 17, 2012
Pidzo:

[size=14pt]Good News[/size]
the website www.crosat.us is now up and running. Looks like the hacker lived to his word and files are intact.  grin grin grin grin
It,s off again,check it out,thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 8:15pm On Jan 17, 2012
ojtech8291:

Pls, what i need is exact lnbf skew for eutelw6 nd badr4
Try 9.00 oclock,thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 7:07am On Jan 18, 2012
gadotor:

It,s off again,check it out,thank you

Thanks bro for the update. The website is indeed down again with the same message. Bad. cry cry
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kungu(m): 11:46am On Jan 18, 2012
Pidzo:

Thanks bro for the update. The website is indeed down again with the same message. Bad. cry cry

The is a option website with same format of file storage but different name, http://www.super-sat.net/
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 11:57am On Jan 18, 2012
pls ooo am new here, pls i hv a 2.4m motorise mesh dish nd a strong decoder 4669, nd i live in benin city, pls i want to knw wat fta channels i can receive wit my dish,,,,,2.somebody shud please tel me how to track eutelsatw3a(i hav trackd sirus4.8 nd eutelsatw3c), Please i really need help.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 4:31pm On Jan 18, 2012
[size=14pt]Computer Risk[/size]
Although this has nothing to do with satellites but I believe most of us use computers to browse the internet. If you are unfortunate enough to be using any of Symantec products like Norton Antivirus, Norton Internet Security etc you need to think twice. Their network has been hacked and the source code for their products stolen. The hackers seem eager to attack users of this product after they go through the weaknesses of Norton. Check the whole story here: http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9223495/Symantec_backtracks_admits_own_network_hacked

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.