Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,779 members, 7,813,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5433508 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 5:15pm On Jan 18, 2012
@Pboy,
For some reasons i cant quite fanthom out w3a is somewhat elusive on mesh dishes.trust me i know what im saying.i hope some one tells us better
@pidzo,
Thanks for the info,timely i must say.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 6:52pm On Jan 18, 2012
freshp:

@pidzo,
Thanks for the info,timely i must say.
@Freshp
You are welcome bro.
@All
The page www.crosat.us is now back. Looks like they have moved it to another site and this time you need to register to access the files. Using it's original address you are then redirected to www.digital-target.org and everything is the same except for some few changes like page theme (colour) etc.
Kungu:

The is a option website with same format of file storage but different name, http://www.super-sat.net/

Thanks Kungu for the update. We now have an alternative in case we lose Crosat and Wizkid. Websites are being hacked at will now.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 9:33pm On Jan 18, 2012
if w3a is elusive in 2.4m dish,wat other fta channels can i get from it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 12:26am On Jan 19, 2012
@all sorry i have been off for some time now. broke my right hand during an attack by a wild dog in my house on midnight 30th December 2011.

Have you reliased all arab tps on arabsat 5a 30.5E as well as on NSS 7/c 22.0W has been moved to arabsat 5C?

Kungu:

The is a option website with same format of file storage but different name, http://www.super-sat.net/

Check out this site; http://www.tv-files.info/index.php?direction=0&order=mod&PHPSESSID=bcf314ef390490a21c480ed625d00121
Can it be trusted? Anyway I have downloaded updtaes from it a couple of times and it worked for me
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 8:48am On Jan 19, 2012
pls ooo am new here, pls i hv a
2.4m motorise mesh dish nd a
strong decoder 4669, nd i live in
benin city, pls i want to knw wat
fta channels i can receive wit my
dish,,,,,2.somebody shud please
tel me how to track eutelsatw3a
(i hav trackd sirus4.8 nd
eutelsatw3c), Please i really
need help.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 8:56am On Jan 19, 2012
pboy2buzy:

need help.

If you have managed to track Sirius 4 then it's easy. W3a is just a few inches above Sirius 4. Check lyngsat for frequencies and use the one for RTS1 for tracking.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GBEBAM(m): 9:00am On Jan 19, 2012
O lord save my life.u man pls.lady are not reliable and dependable.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 9:03am On Jan 19, 2012
GBEBAM:

O lord save my life.u man pls.lady are not reliable and dependable.
What do you mean? Are you speaking in parables?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 9:46am On Jan 19, 2012
Pidzo,that guy's been hunted by the hunter( woman) .kindly ignore him and let move forward.wetin he like na him won kill am.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 9:59am On Jan 19, 2012
obnelly:

Pidzo,that guy's been hunted by the hunter( woman) .kindly ignore him and let move forward.wetin he like na him won kill am.
Thanks bro. God bless you! cheesy cheesy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 10:53am On Jan 19, 2012
Funny because the old TP for MGM on w2a is still green but showing nothing. Thanks I will rescan w2a. what about film max on paksat 1r 38degrees. Are you able to pick it? The TP is also green but showing nothing.
@Lunsat
Filmax is back on Paksat 1R frequency 3832 V 2500.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trek4000: 2:31pm On Jan 19, 2012
Pidzo what movie channels are you able to capture and on which satellites?iam in zambia and trust that what ever you get i might as well capture most likely.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 3:47pm On Jan 19, 2012
@pidzo, Thanks. I will rescan when I get back home.

Rgds.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kungu(m): 4:05pm On Jan 19, 2012
trek4000:

Pidzo what movie channels are you able to capture and on which satellites?iam in zambia and trust that what ever you get i might as well capture most likely.

Good afternoon trek4000,

Try Paksat 1R which has its C band beam covering your region,
In Zambia use a 1.8 meter ( 3 foot) prime focus satellite dish.

[img]http://www.paksat.com.pk/images/C_band_coverage_EIRP.jpg[/img]

For tracking use frequency 4158 V DVB-S 12000.

Once on Paksat 1R enter frequency 3832 V DVB-S 2500
Flimax channel offering both movies and series.

Happy hunting,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 4:48pm On Jan 19, 2012
need help.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 5:01pm On Jan 19, 2012
pboy2buzy:

need help.
Are you serious? Have you checked the posts above or you want to play around
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 5:07pm On Jan 19, 2012
Eutelsat 3c 3.1east aljazeera sport 1-10 12650 h 27500.peeps with big dish lets try that tp.we might be lucky.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 6:42pm On Jan 19, 2012
trek4000:

I usually watch Filmax on Paksat 1R, World Movie on Thaicom 5, MGM on W2A, among other channels that show movies once or twice a day. Surely you can capture all these sats. wink wink
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 7:06pm On Jan 19, 2012
pls pidzo its netwrk problem, ,i hv trackd w3c,w4,sirus4 nd multi tv,,,,but w3a jst refuses to pop out 4 me i dnt knw y, any advice 4 me,,,,,,secondly i hv trackd al dstv channel but dat of rdv nd co jst refuses2 show green,,,,,,,,apart frm these its there any othey channel i cn get on ku band??(cuz i dnt knw hw to use lyngsat), lastly please i dnt unstand d concept 9'0clock nd 4'0clock wen tweakling lnb, pls i wil really really aprc8 an elaborate answer,,,,,,tanx in anticipation.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 8:08pm On Jan 19, 2012
pboy2buzy:

pls pidzo its netwrk problem, ,i hv trackd w3c,w4,sirus4 nd multi tv,,,,but w3a jst refuses to pop out 4 me i dnt knw y, any advice 4 me,,,,,,secondly i hv trackd al dstv channel but dat of rdv nd co jst refuses2 show green,,,,,,,,apart frm these its there any othey channel i cn get on ku band??(cuz i dnt knw hw to use lyngsat), lastly please i dnt unstand d concept 9'0clock nd 4'0clock wen tweakling lnb, pls i wil really really aprc8 an elaborate answer,,,,,,tanx in anticipation.
I will try to assist you and I hope Gurus in the house will help me.
1. For w3a I don't know if it is possible in your area to get it (I hear you are using mesh) since Freshp said its 'impossible' to get it using mesh. Would someone please tell us otherwise?
2. For w4/7 (Dstv) - What is your signal strength? If the Multichoice tps are lower RDV and co wont come.
3. Tweaking Lnb - Gurus will most of the times say "tweak your lnb to 4 oclock as you stand in front (or back) of your dish." What they mean is that you should look at your dish and imagine it to be a clock with hour hands. In your head put the hour numbers from 1 to 12 on the dish as they appear on a clock. So if they say 'tweak it to 3 oclock' just put the LNB knob where you feel three oclock on your imaginary clock would be. Don't forget to check if they say 'in front' or 'standing at the back of the dish'
I hope someone will come in with how you can use Lyngsat or Flysat. If you go back to earlier posts there are very good explanations that would surely assist you in what you want to do. Feel free to ask for assistance or clarification where you are lost. grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 8:52pm On Jan 19, 2012
tanx bro,,,,,,,,,,but 4 d w3a my opposite neightbour receive it wit a smaller dish,,,,,,,,,,,,,my dstv signal range frm 88>>>89,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,b4 some1 clerifies me on hw2 use lygnsat i wil appr8 it if u paste some possible channel frequency4 me, tanx(very much)
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 8:53pm On Jan 19, 2012
[size=14pt]Computer Alert[/size]

McAfee software bug could turn customers' PCs into spam servers

(Reuters) - Anti-virus software maker McAfee warned that a flaw in one of its products could make customers' PCs vulnerable to attacks in which hackers used their computers to distribute spam.

The company, which is a unit of chipmaker Intel Corp, disclosed the flaw in a message to customers on its website Wednesday.

McAfee spokesman Ian Bain said t least one customer had fallen victim to such an attack, which leveraged a flaw in a service offering known as McAfee SaaS for Total Protection.

You can read the whole story here and make sure you secure your PC immediately:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/19/us-mcafee-idUSTRE80I0A620120119
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bisi12004: 10:33pm On Jan 19, 2012
Kungu:

Good afternoon trek4000,

Try Paksat 1R which has its C band beam covering your region,
In Zambia use a 1.8 meter ( 3 foot) prime focus satellite dish.

[img]http://www.paksat.com.pk/images/C_band_coverage_EIRP.jpg[/img]

For tracking use frequency 4158 V DVB-S 12000.

Once on Paksat 1R enter frequency 3832 V DVB-S 2500
Flimax channel offering both movies and series.

Happy hunting,
bros, in nigeria - ibadan precisely, can i use 1.8m to hunt the paksat 1r . Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 3:29am On Jan 20, 2012
bisi12004:

bros, in nigeria - ibadan precisely, can i use 1.8m to hunt the paksat 1r . Thanks.
Yeah, for real, you can use it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 6:16am On Jan 20, 2012
i don't think it's possible, Check d footprint, And i've tried trackin it wit 180cm pan
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sammu(m): 7:08am On Jan 20, 2012
@ pboy2buzy, u did not tell us your location, however if u are in naija u should receive w3a.
Start by re-aligning ur ku lnb properly on the dish. u should get 95- 97% on dstv with 2.4m mesh dish. If u achieve this ur w3@ will come up
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 8:12am On Jan 20, 2012
i am frm nigeria(benin city),,,,,but my dstv refuseses2 pass 88---89,dnt knw wat2 do again, for w3a it hs nt even shown any sign of displayin, pls some1 shud tel me hw2 use lyngsat plss or better stil paste some possible freq i cn use in tracking, tanx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lanceosas(m): 10:25am On Jan 20, 2012
greetings to u all,i just nail w3c on 16e with 90cm dish,only to find out that it only as one chennel madagascar tv,pls if their any other chennel pls do post the frq/sr.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ellahdarrell(m): 11:02am On Jan 20, 2012
plz gurus in da house, i hav try 4 about 2 days to nail w3c wit my 60cm dish but i did nt succed. Plz can any gud samaritan help me wit usful tips on hw to nail dis sat. I need pixs and directions. Waiting,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ellahdarrell(m): 11:05am On Jan 20, 2012
Lanceosas:

greetings to u all,i just nail w3c on 16e with 90cm dish,only to find out that it only as one chennel madagascar tv,pls if their any other chennel pls do post the frq/sr.
try and blind scan ur box
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by chuk101(m): 11:45am On Jan 20, 2012
guys i hail ooo, for some reason beyond me,i have not been able to nail ntv kbc ktn and ntv kenya,on 68. Deg east,pls is anyone watching the aboved named channels,my location is south east nigeria ,i have nailed the bird but thex channels wld not come up.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lanceosas(m): 11:56am On Jan 20, 2012
Ellahdarrell:

Ellahdarrell:

have blind scan and noting was added to it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.