Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (948) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5438908 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (945) (946) (947) (948) (949) (950) (951) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by iykmora(m): 2:13pm On Aug 02, 2015
obnelly:

Working on the way forward to hunting down foreign and home TV in Africa.
Details and update coming soon.
nice one...whatz d size?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by spartacus11(m): 2:13pm On Aug 02, 2015
obnelly:

its truly amazing, we are patiently waiting, good job
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by goodieuzo: 3:26pm On Aug 02, 2015
obnelly:

obnelly you have been an inspiration and pillar of fta.nice one.please give us the detail.now i have close to half plot of land dedicated to fta in my my new house.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 3:36pm On Aug 02, 2015
@Obiagelli.My dishes do no come cheap.Holla me if you are ready- zero.eight.one.six.two.zero.eight.zero.seven.four.seven
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 3:45pm On Aug 02, 2015
@obnelly.Nice job my brother.From my assessment the size of that monster should be in the range of 4.5m-6m.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 4:03pm On Aug 02, 2015
@goodieuzo.Come let me help you put that half plot of land to good use.7m dish won't be a bad idea.I have the etekweele.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by goodieuzo: 4:27pm On Aug 02, 2015
blexxonmak:
@goodieuzo.Come let me help you put that half plot of land to good use.7m dish won't be a bad idea.I have the etekweele.
haha.blexxonmak your dish price they fear me oooh.i like to experiment building fibre 3m dish for a start on my own
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Phillfree(m): 4:47pm On Aug 02, 2015
EMMAACHILE:

Problem with Blexxonmak is his hidden prices. State your dish prices for all to see.

That guy charged me 450k for a 4.0M dish, didn't bother bargaining.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Talenty(m): 5:08pm On Aug 02, 2015
Phillfree:

espiklekwe, even if it is paved with gold.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 02, 2015
Talenty:
grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yonderguy(m): 5:46pm On Aug 02, 2015
Talenty:
Hahahahah, but remember quality don't come cheap. I no fit laugh! Nooo! No be you want buy big dish? Buy am o! Lol!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yonderguy(m): 5:55pm On Aug 02, 2015
Phillfree:

Na lie o. you must bargain!
I tell one of my potential client this price, the guy ask me one question, I no fit answer. Here is the question:
If I buy the dish for 450k hope I go pack my load go stay on top the dish?
Guys, I just shut up dey shine eyes like who mess for bus. Lol!

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 6:03pm On Aug 02, 2015
@Phillfree.We are talking about highly rugged and environmental proven designs here-not enamel plate or gbam gbam.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 6:09pm On Aug 02, 2015
As a matter of fact 450k for a high quality and superior grade 4m dish antenna is a very good bargain.

Features:

-High parabolic accuracy for excellent gain

-Heavy Duty AZ-EL or Polar mount

-Easy assembly & maintenance

-High wind loading capacity

-Highly rugged design & environmentally proven

-Choice of either quadrapod, monopole, tripod or kingpost antenna stand

I rest my case.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ganex: 6:21pm On Aug 02, 2015
blexxonmak:
for the fun of it, be ready to pay 700k sha.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olason(m): 6:38pm On Aug 02, 2015
all, d sat name is Yahsat-1A @ 52.5° East. dubai one hd, national geographic hd,durbai sport hd, ad sport 1, 2 etc use 11976h27499 to track...lets keep shooting dem .Obnelly baba weldone oooo
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ganex: 6:45pm On Aug 02, 2015
olason:
all, d sat name is Yahsat-1A @ 52.5° East. dubai one hd, national geographic hd,durbai sport hd, ad sport 1, 2 etc use 11976h27499 to track...lets keep shooting dem .Obnelly baba weldone oooo
can will try as possible to always mention minimum required dish size...

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Talenty(m): 6:48pm On Aug 02, 2015
olason:
Yahsat is far from southern Nigeria ooo. See map. Nawa ooo

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ganex: 7:00pm On Aug 02, 2015
Talenty:
but he seems to be watching those channels as reported.
pls can someone update us on kanal D as per community shield today, I.e any show.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Talenty(m): 7:05pm On Aug 02, 2015
ganex:

but he seems to be watching those channels as reported.
pls can someone update us on kanal D as per community shield today, I.e any show.
Yes it is MENA beam any dish that can get Nilesat can get Yahsat. lets say from 3m upwards in the south

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Phillfree(m): 7:12pm On Aug 02, 2015
Yonderguy:
Hahahahah, but remember quality don't come cheap. I no fit laugh! Nooo! No be you want buy big dish? Buy am o! Lol!

Hahaha, my brother if I buy dis 1 I go starve for a long while o. A guy told me he has a foreign 3.0M pan dish. Will be travelling to check it out in 2weeks time. He said it's som'n lyk d pix

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Truly1: 7:37pm On Aug 02, 2015
iykmora:
nice one...whatz d size?
A great hunter I know is hunter of fta birds, more grease to your elbow
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Phillfree(m): 7:56pm On Aug 02, 2015
blexxonmak:
@Phillfree.We are talking about highly rugged and environmental proven designs here-not enamel plate or gbam gbam.
My brother, the day I called, I tld you I'm in Benue maybe you heard Borno. I no d carry the dish go war front o. Lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by vicyear4us(m): 7:58pm On Aug 02, 2015
eerekake:

Is it in the process of dish tracking or you're using it for an already tracked dish.Let the house know,before any recommendation can be given.Because 4950hd is just like Qsat decoder somehow tricky.

thanks my Oga its have been using before.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lanrekas(m): 8:53pm On Aug 02, 2015
blexxonmak:

y nt kuku install 10m dish. oga oh!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by VITALYSTA(m): 9:16pm On Aug 02, 2015
Talenty:
Plis Talenty Sir, what's ur source of the map?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ogojohn(m): 9:22pm On Aug 02, 2015
Phillfree:

My brother, the day I called, I tld you I'm in Benue maybe you heard Borno. I no d carry the dish go war front o. Lol
And you need foreign dish. Even some of our local fabricators are equally in the mistake of running each others down. The bottom line is. Is foreign manufactured dish not horned from the same mathematical equation of PARABOLA. Is theirs different from our own equation? I am yet to see who has come to say yes. Mine is foreign dish. Therefore i get this sat which the same size of local dish was not able to get. Running others down just for business gain is to me childish. The most scientific study we can do is this. Some of our senior colleagues has 4m or above sizes. The simple answer. At your location. Do you get this sat and tps. And from that we make our conclusions. Instead of doing these wild goose chase. Local dishes are good. If your specification is not up to what your location needs. Increase your dish size and stop blaming local fabricators. 3m foreign made dish can not perform magic and do the work of 4m dish just because it is foreign made. On the issue of local offset dish. I am yet to see one. Even our brother East African sat forum. They are yet to have a local fabricator of any form of satellite even though offset dish is a satellite dish of choice among them.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 02, 2015
Ogojohn:
And you need foreign dish. Even some of our local fabricators are equally in the mistake of running each others down. The bottom line is. Is foreign manufactured dish not horned from the same mathematical equation of PARABOLA. Is theirs different from our own equation? I am yet to see who has come to say yes. Mine is foreign dish. Therefore i get this sat which the same size of local dish was not able to get. Running others down just for business gain is to me childish. The most scientific study we can do is this. Some of our senior colleagues has 4m or above sizes. The simple answer. At your location. Do you get this sat and tps. And from that we make our conclusions. Instead of doing these wild goose chase. Local dishes are good. If your specification is not up to what your location needs. Increase your dish size and stop blaming local fabricators. 3m foreign made dish can not perform magic and do the work of 4m dish just because it is foreign made. On the issue of local offset dish. I am yet to see one. Even our brother East African sat forum. They are yet to have a local fabricator of any form of satellite even though offset dish is a satellite dish of choice among them.
The truth is foreign dishes perform better than local ones. To be equal in size, the local one has to go bigger. What I mean is this a 3m foreign Dish will perform like some 4m local dishes.
Someone with a 2.6m foreign Dish is getting some ku tps more than my local 3m Dish. Also I notice the cband in this my local Dish is as powerful as the foreign 2.6m dish
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by spartacus11(m): 9:41pm On Aug 02, 2015
blexxonmak:
Bros u reason na, 450k free to air, ha no na even DSTV EXPLORER DECODER with 3 years subscription is not up to dat amount oh, help hunters na, all of us dey hustle.

4 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by faithchild: 9:43pm On Aug 02, 2015
i just install my 3.2m locally made pan dish.althought is a roff work.i just wanted to check if d lnb is still working.it is echosat lnb.istop trackng cos it was late and moreso.i could not bring my tv outside.it was just a quick on one to c if i can get d focal lenght right.i used ses5 dats startime tp to get d focal lenght.i dont knowif i can use dat.most times i use dstv tp to make sure i hit 97% but this time i used startime tp of 12303 h 27500 and i hit 98% on 4930 HD decoder.pls guru in d house im i on track.i made sure d pole was plumed.and t tripole are of equal lenght.and also made sure dat d lnb is facing d middle of d dish.pls let me knowifim on track

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 9:52pm On Aug 02, 2015
EMMAACHILE:

The truth is foreign dishes perform better than local ones. To be equal in size, the local one has to go bigger. What I mean is this a 3m foreign Dish will perform like some 4m local dishes.
Someone with a 2.6m foreign Dish is getting some ku tps more than my local 3m Dish. Also I notice the cband in this my local Dish is as powerful as the foreign 2.6m dish

If the geometry is wrong their is no way you can get perfect alignment to the satellites with any dish
Yes we use the same parabolic equation but in our designs and construction we fail to take note of things that can aid poor signal performance.
Precision is the key word to get things right.
Local or foreign fabricator without precision nothing will work.
Its a step at time we need to encourage our local fabricators and give them rooms for improvement.
Viva FTA.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by spartacus11(m): 10:11pm On Aug 02, 2015
obnelly:

Its a step at time we need to encourage our local fabricators and give them rooms for improvement.
Viva FTA.
you're much on point but u guys need to charge us what common man can afford, so we can all. Enjoy FTA

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (945) (946) (947) (948) (949) (950) (951) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.