Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,477 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (949) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5439204 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (946) (947) (948) (949) (950) (951) (952) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by agkilis: 10:12pm On Aug 02, 2015
guys every time i open intelsat 20 12722 v26657 i notice that evasion tv comes up for 2 min and then the real channel will come up,its been happening for a week now :-Xguys every time i open intelsat 20 12722 v26657 i notice that evasion tv comes up for 2 min and then the real channel will come up,its been happening for a week now
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ogojohn(m): 10:14pm On Aug 02, 2015
EMMAACHILE:

The truth is foreign dishes perform better than local ones. To be equal in size, the local one has to go bigger. What I mean is this a 3m foreign Dish will perform like some 4m local dishes.
Someone with a 2.6m foreign Dish is getting some ku tps more than my local 3m Dish. Also I notice the cband in this my local Dish is as powerful as the foreign 2.6m dish
You can quote the tps instead of generalizing the whole thing. The said dish sizes. Are they at the same location? I can see how fair you were on your comparison. When you were making comparison between a 3m local dish and a 3.8m foreign dish. Was that a fair comparison. Concrete and proven evidence is what we need here and not hearsay.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 11:31pm On Aug 02, 2015
@agkilis.Your observation is quite correct.However, it has nothing to do with your decoder.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Phillfree(m): 11:45pm On Aug 02, 2015
Ogojohn:
And you need foreign dish. Even some of our local fabricators are equally in the mistake of running each others down. The bottom line is. Is foreign manufactured dish not horned from the same mathematical equation of PARABOLA. Is theirs different from our own equation? I am yet to see who has come to say yes. Mine is foreign dish. Therefore i get this sat which the same size of local dish was not able to get. Running others down just for business gain is to me childish. The most scientific study we can do is this. Some of our senior colleagues has 4m or above sizes. The simple answer. At your location. Do you get this sat and tps. And from that we make our conclusions. Instead of doing these wild goose chase. Local dishes are good. If your specification is not up to what your location needs. Increase your dish size and stop blaming local fabricators. 3m foreign made dish can not perform magic and do the work of 4m dish just because it is foreign made. On the issue of local offset dish. I am yet to see one. Even our brother East African sat forum. They are yet to have a local fabricator of any form of satellite even though offset dish is a satellite dish of choice among them.

Bros u still the learn work.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ogojohn(m): 11:47pm On Aug 02, 2015
Phillfree:

And you are my apprentice.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ogojohn(m): 11:49pm On Aug 02, 2015
Phillfree:

And you are my apprentice. You will soon get a foreign wife or girlfriend too. I suppose they are better too.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Phillfree(m): 11:57pm On Aug 02, 2015
Ogojohn:
And you are my apprentice. You will soon get a foreign wife or girlfriend too. I suppose they are better too.

You guys are pushing us away with ur prices na. If I may ask, what does dis got to do with wife or girlfrnd, is it that you can't get ur mind off gurls? Get ur mind right, we are talking satellite TV bro.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ogojohn(m): 12:02am On Aug 03, 2015
Phillfree:

You guys are pushing us away with ur prices na. If I may ask, what does dis got to do with wife or girlfrnd, is it that you can't get ur mind off gurls? Get ur mind right, we are talking satellite TV bro.
lol. Ok. See you tomorrow.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Phillfree(m): 12:35am On Aug 03, 2015
Ogojohn:
lol. Ok. See you tomorrow.
No wahala bro, gud nyt.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 3:13am On Aug 03, 2015
@odilibe, pls help before i use anoyance to break the powersat decoder 222A i bought newly, it is HD and i thought it will handle any satellite in terms of video and audio, i dont like management in anything i have, pls kindly get me the software to fix this issue, this decoder is just skipping audio on this TP 11.138 V 30.000 on amos 5 and all other TPs are ok, and at times it refuses to scan TP frequency and some time it does, unless auto scan.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunene1: 5:50am On Aug 03, 2015
graphicicon:
@odilibe, pls help before i use anoyance to break the powersat decoder 222A i bought newly, it is HD and i thought it will handle any satellite in terms of video and audio, i dont like management in anything i have, pls kindly get me the software to fix this issue, this decoder is just skipping audio on this TP 11.138 V 30.000 on amos 5 and all other TPs are ok, and at times it refuses to scan TP frequency and some time it does, unless auto scan.
That tp 11137 v 3000 has problem generally it use to do like that on my digisat hd &srt 4935 decoders also.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nnachi404(m): 5:51am On Aug 03, 2015
graphicicon:
even my skybox f5 have this same wahala please guys any way out?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 6:19am On Aug 03, 2015
[quote author=spartacus11 post=36543211] you're much on point but u guys need to charge us what common man can afford, so we can all. Enj

Absolutely... but the materials is another thing.if the materials is cheap total cost of production will be very very cheap.That is one thing I observe.Fabricators don't increase price but people selling materials inflate their price .we can have cheap dishes if we do more research to where we can get cheap and quality materials for the construction in the meantime we would work towards flexible pricing based on the materials available.
But the bottom line we should stick too is quality.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 7:20am On Aug 03, 2015
Phillfree:

We can only develop our fta if we encourage our fabricators. Development comes from producing as much as possible what we consume.

By depending solely on foreign fabricators we become their perpetual slaves; which explains why we are crying for bigger dishes whereas they are reducing theirs.

Please encourage our own fabricators. Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 7:20am On Aug 03, 2015
graphicicon:
.... @graphicicon i don't even have any idea of the software to fix the issue on powersat Aside from strong Africa most imported receivers designed for Europe or Asia may behave bad on the Tp..since the sat tp is for small region in Africa and they may not have concern to fix the Bug..you may end up using the receiver like that for a long time the Tp works well on qsat..and enigma2(firmware) receivers linux etc..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 7:45am On Aug 03, 2015
@obnelly.You have said it all.Personally I don't and can't compromise on quality.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kenimiss(m): 8:48am On Aug 03, 2015
sunene1:
That tp 11137 v 3000 has problem generally it use to do like that on my digisat hd &srt 4935 decoders also.
guyz all dis decoder u talk abt dey reduce network well,,in dat case u hv 2 increase ur network 2 80/85% b/4 u can get all d channels.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Talibanis: 9:09am On Aug 03, 2015
blexxonmak:
@obnelly.You have said it all.Personally I don't and can't compromise on quality.
Then display sample pixs if it may convincingly change some people's mind although not necessarily mine.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 03, 2015
Talibanis:

Then display sample pixs if it may convincingly change some people's mind although not necessarily mine.

An industrial Dish cannot be same as a local Dish. End of story. The production process alone should convince you.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 11:43am On Aug 03, 2015
EMMAACHILE:

An industrial Dish cannot be same as a local Dish. End of story. The production process alone should convince you.
agreed!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boss13: 11:53am On Aug 03, 2015
Spy360:

We can only develop our fta if we encourage our fabricators. Development comes from producing as much as possible what we consume.

By depending solely on foreign fabricators we become their perpetual slaves; which explains why we are crying for bigger dishes whereas they are reducing theirs.

Please encourage our own fabricators. Thanks.

Wise statement. Very wise indeed.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boss13: 11:54am On Aug 03, 2015
EMMAACHILE:

Can you state the difference for learning purposes
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Hayfeez(m): 12:15pm On Aug 03, 2015
Hello, to everyone in here. Hope the new week has been going well.

I need help with setting UP FTA channels for my strong decoder, SRT4669X11.

I have two dishes, Already installed.

Some years ago, it was installed with free dstv channels and multi TV.

Ever since, the dstv stopped, I only get cctv and it's sister channels aside the multi TV stations.

Which satellite, or frequencies do I change the other dish to. To enjoy more free channels along with the Multi TV. And/or the dish set to Multi TV if there's a better satellite with more fta channels.

I believe I should be able to do it myself with the right guidelines and help in here.

Thank you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 12:24pm On Aug 03, 2015
Andrew 's dish ,channel's dish and co. all started locally before going international .we need to work more on our fabrication and we need encouragement as well.
Even if its industrial its still made by man.the only diff is in quantity and not quality .remember GIGO in computer class .
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 03, 2015
Boss13:

Its like spraying your car in an oven backed environment and another one sprayed locally under a tree.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 2:02pm On Aug 03, 2015
Boss13:

start with materials used..compare galvanized steel/pan dish vs steel local made dish which one can easily get rusted/galvanized steel is coated with zinc to avoid rusting ..compare the most with accurate focal length!..smooth dish surfaces on foreign pan/galvanized dish vs steel local made dish of same size..then check the results!weight also a factor etc..however try to appreciate your local made satellite antennas...etc
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boss13: 2:21pm On Aug 03, 2015
odilibe:
start with materials used..compare galvanized steel/pan dish vs steel local made dish which one can easily rust..compare the most with accurate focal length!..smooth dish surfaces on foreign pan/galvanized dish vs steel local made dish of same size..then check the results!however try to appreciate your local made satellite antennas...etc

Well, I think improvement can be made if clients can channel positive criticism to the local manufacturers. We must learn to encourage our own and reduce our dependency on foreign products. See the effect it has on our naira.

In terms of focal length, a good physician/engineer can easily get this right and instruct the local fabricator on what to do. In terms of material, pan dish, this is the easiest of all. A good machine can sort it out.

Emma, with your contribution on this thread, by now you should be able to produce high-quality dish. I know you can. My other concern is actually making the dish smaller rather than recommending bigger dish. I know this is achievable, it only requires deep thinking.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 2:30pm On Aug 03, 2015
odilibe:
.... @graphicicon i don't even have any idea of the software to fix the issue on powersat Aside from strong Africa most imported receivers designed for Europe or Asia may behave bad on the Tp..since the sat tp is for small region in Africa and they may not have concern to fix the Bug..you may end up using the receiver like that for a long time the Tp works well on qsat..and enigma2(firmware) receivers linux etc..
@odilibe, where is the fault from?, is it from decoder or the TP, thats why i always tell people that srt 4922A is the best decoder i have ever seen when it comes to compatibility, since i started using 4922A strong decoder it has never failed me.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 3:09pm On Aug 03, 2015
odilibe:
start with materials used..compare galvanized steel/pan dish vs steel local made dish which one can easily get rusted/galvanized steel is coated with zinc to avoid rusting ..compare the most with accurate focal length!..smooth dish surfaces on foreign pan/galvanized dish vs steel local made dish of same size..then check the results!weight also a factor etc..however try to appreciate your local made satellite antennas...etc

The choice of materials can't affect the performance as such it can only be a contributing faction.steel,galvanized and fibre glass perform the same if accuracy is achieved on the entire parabolic curve/surface all convergence rays will converge at the focal point forming a powerful circular spot but if the surface isn't accurate the convergence ray will scatter at the focal point hence it will reduce the performance of the dish.
We should concentrate more on our parabolic curve and make good smooth surface to achieve good result.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by esuo2(m): 3:10pm On Aug 03, 2015
Good news
PowerVu now on EnigmaII
http:///1KLZfkS
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 3:14pm On Aug 03, 2015
obnelly:

We should concentrate more on our parabolic curve and make good smooth surface to achieve good result.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 3:25pm On Aug 03, 2015
graphicicon:
@odilibe, where is the fault from?, is it from decoder or the TP, thats why i always tell people that srt 4922A is the best decoder i have ever seen when it comes to compatibility, since i started using 4922A strong decoder it has never failed me.
It is video decoding not Tp!

(1) (2) (3) ... (946) (947) (948) (949) (950) (951) (952) ... (2351) (Reply)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52