Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,496 members, 7,865,095 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:13 PM

What's Stopping You From Visiting This Place? (photo) - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Stopping You From Visiting This Place? (photo) (4006 Views)

If You Know Lagos Very Well Where's This Place. (photo) / What's Stopping You From Tying The Knot With The Person You're Dating Right Now? / Stressed Ugandan Groom Absconds From His Wedding To Rest At Friends Place (Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Stopping You From Visiting This Place? (photo) by Sageez(m): 3:11pm On May 14, 2022
Vilgax:

1. science is not an entity to attribute anything to; it's a process of understanding.

2. you have the right to believe in whatsoever you wish to believe.

3. the process of glacial erosion that formed the cliff and the underlying fjord offers a more in-depth explanation to those who actually thirst for understanding. if you're comfortable with believing your God said; "let there be sharp rock", and there was sharp rock, that's fine as well.

You are lucky we are Christians. If to say you talk this same thing about Allah for some primitive state by now you for Don turn to evening news
Re: What's Stopping You From Visiting This Place? (photo) by Vilgax: 3:41pm On May 14, 2022
Sageez:

You are lucky we are Christians. If to say you talk this same thing about Allah for some primitive state by now you for Don turn to evening news

lol, okay.

1 Like

Re: What's Stopping You From Visiting This Place? (photo) by SEGLIZ: 4:00pm On May 14, 2022
Vilgax:

1. science is not an entity to attribute anything to; it's a process of understanding.

2. you have the right to believe in whatsoever you wish to believe.

3. the process of glacial erosion that formed the cliff and the underlying fjord offers a more in-depth explanation to those who actually thirst for understanding. if you're comfortable with believing your God said; "let there be sharp rock", and there was sharp rock, that's fine as well.

explain how glacia erosion operate or form this things, you are busy attacking his belief and what he believed in.

there is God and it is that simple, that is not disputing the structure of science. science didn't just exist but human built it.

bro leave argument, teach me glacia at the least contribute to my understanding and don't tell google is my friend.

my knowledge of geography back then didn't look down this topic even I did enough of it. those were days when education was real, though I wasn't a science student I did geography.
Re: What's Stopping You From Visiting This Place? (photo) by Sunky200: 4:01pm On May 14, 2022
Vilgax:

lol, okay.

Our ppl love their chain and will do anything just to keep it locked

It's Mental slavery bro you've done your part
Re: What's Stopping You From Visiting This Place? (photo) by Vilgax: 5:01pm On May 14, 2022
SEGLIZ:
explain how glacia erosion operate or form this things, you are busy attacking his belief and what he believed in.

there is God and it is that simple, that is not disputing the structure of science. science didn't just exist but human built it.

bro leave argument, teach me glacia at the least contribute to my understanding and don't tell google is my friend.

glacial erosion abi?

it goes like this.

let's explain the two terms.
erosion- small small wearing away of a rock (in this context) by agents of denudation.

glacier - this one na basically river wen done freeze turn ice block and e dey usually flow from place wen high come downhill.

following?
let's continue.

you don put soft drink or wine inside freezer before, leave am for some time, come back and realise say e don burst?
this is called anomalous expansion of water. this one basically mean say when water don cooold, it normally expands.

if you've climbed a rock before you can testify that some usually have cracks in them.
now imagine water getting into these cracks, and freezing.
when frozen, they expand inside, gradually disintegrating the rock from the inside.
this is a common form of glacial erosion.

now back to the Pulpit Rock, it's located in Norway abi?
Norway is located near the North Pole. North Pole cold abi?
Let's go back in time during the last Ice Age (this na period when global temperatures dey low) the temperature was so cold that the entire region of what we call Norway was covered in ice and glaciers.
it was around this time that this cliff (Pulpit Rock) and it's underlying fjord were formed by the erosive action of an ancient glacier.

normal river erosion is a bit different, but in tropical regions like Nigeria, instead of having fjords and cliffs, we have deltas and sandy beaches.

it's basic geography.
i know you might still have extra questions and i know you might not want to hear this, but "Google is your friend"

I hope I've been able to offer a little help.
If you feel it sounds like jargons and make-believe, I won't be surprised. Reality is actually crazier than fiction.

E go be.

2 Likes

Re: What's Stopping You From Visiting This Place? (photo) by SEGLIZ: 6:58pm On May 14, 2022
Vilgax:

glacial erosion abi?

it goes like this.

let's explain the two terms.
erosion- small small wearing away of a rock (in this context) by agents of denudation.

glacier - this one na basically river wen done freeze turn ice block and e dey usually flow from place wen high come downhill.

following?
let's continue.

you don put soft drink or wine inside freezer before, leave am for some time, come back and realise say e don burst?
this is called anomalous expansion of water. this one basically mean say when water don cooold, it normally expands.

if you've climbed a rock before you can testify that some usually have cracks in them.
now imagine water getting into these cracks, and freezing.
when frozen, they expand inside, gradually disintegrating the rock from the inside.
this is a common form of glacial erosion.

now back to the Pulpit Rock, it's located in Norway abi?
Norway is located near the North Pole. North Pole cold abi?
Let's go back in time during the last Ice Age (this na period when global temperatures dey low) the temperature was so cold that the entire region of what we call Norway was covered in ice and glaciers.
it was around this time that this cliff (Pulpit Rock) and it's underlying fjord were formed by the erosive action of an ancient glacier.

normal river erosion is a bit different, but in tropical regions like Nigeria, instead of having fjords and cliffs, we have deltas and sandy beaches.

it's basic geography.
i know you might still have extra questions and i know you might not want to hear this, but "Google is your friend"

I hope I've been able to offer a little help.
If you feel it sounds like jargons and make-believe, I won't be surprised. Reality is actually crazier than fiction.

E go be.

Justice, nice write-up, explanatory enough.
Thank for taking time out to this, kindly manage my appreciation.

Re: What's Stopping You From Visiting This Place? (photo) by jonahhh: 7:06pm On May 14, 2022
sanesta:
What's Stopping You From Visiting This Place??

Unknown location…. Would like to lit up some Fresh default loud on that , Canada loud na waste of money….
Re: What's Stopping You From Visiting This Place? (photo) by Parkleader: 10:33pm On May 14, 2022
Suicide mission
Re: What's Stopping You From Visiting This Place? (photo) by ashawopikin(m): 11:31pm On May 14, 2022
Visa

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do Good Najai Men Exist? / A Must-read 4 Ladies! / Funny but Ladies Is This True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.