Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,275 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel (24125 Views)

My 2012 Honda Accord Consumes Fuel And The Power Steering Cup Spills Oil / My Honda Accord 2005 Ex Consumes Too Much Fuel / My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by vivalavida(m): 9:27pm On May 20, 2022
nedekid:

Catalyst removal does not consume fuel. Infact you get better gas milage and increased power. The only drawback is the increased noice. And failed emissions test.
Your engine even last longer without the catalyst.

Thanks for this explanation. My car keeps giving me check emission and I know there is no catalyst there. But the fuel consumption isn't much

1 Like

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 20, 2022
Finobravo:
Kindly help me.
I drive a Honda accord car..2007 model. I just bought it not long. The problem is that car consumes too much fuel. It takes 3000 naira fuel for 36 kilometres which is way too much.
I have changed the Air flow meter sensor, the MAF sensor(I think) and the 02 oxygen sensor.
To make matter worse, car dosen't communicate with scanners.
It is driving me crazy as I don't know what next to change. The injector too had been cleaned, nosules have been serviced and plugs have been changed.
Yet no improvement.
There is no catalyst though. It was removed before I got the car.

Pls help a brother in need.

Oil can improve mileage of fuel check the oil your using go from semi synthetic to synthetic gradually meaning half and half until your engine is used to it semi synthetic especially Valvoline will swell the seals and stop leaks also make sure your filters are clean. Usually 3 months for all filters and in between oil changes swap the filter.

Look also into the quality of the fuel you use i but from Total and use their good self branded fuel cleaner the key is to not go past half tank for your system to not have air inside. Also open your gas tank it’s a free quick repair and close it. I use Nordkapp with Valvoline for thickeness and the minerals and I’ve seen an improvement in fuel economy immediately.

My car used to leak oil through the seals I changed a few with my mechanic after 2 oil cycles no leaks again also change the seal of the filter every oil change

1 Like

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by bharseeth(m): 9:58pm On May 20, 2022
As you said scanner cant communicate with the brainbox. Fret not, your consumption is as a result of a defective brain box. Change it and problem solved. Unless there are other underlying wiring problems
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by phemmyfour: 10:05pm On May 20, 2022
Finobravo:
Kindly help me.
I drive a Honda accord car..2007 model. I just bought it not long. The problem is that car consumes too much fuel. It takes 3000 naira fuel for 36 kilometres which is way too much.
I have changed the Air flow meter sensor, the MAF sensor(I think) and the 02 oxygen sensor.
To make matter worse, car dosen't communicate with scanners.
It is driving me crazy as I don't know what next to change. The injector too had been cleaned, nosules have been serviced and plugs have been changed.
Yet no improvement.
There is no catalyst though. It was removed before I got the car.

Pls help a brother in need.
And you want optimal performance grin

Scan with a better scanner not all these chinko scanner
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Mmgboji(m): 10:15pm On May 20, 2022
Cantonese:

“My Honda civic 2006 gets about 200km with with that amount of fuel”. Make una fear God na bros. Which kind lie be this na? With Honda car 200km on 2000 fuel? Abeg na bicycle you dey ride?

I don't know why you guys just like arguing what you don't know anything about. On a normal level Civic normal MPG rating is 32MPG. Poster said N3,000 fuel not N2000 fuel as you insinuated. N3000 fuel is about 18Litres at N165 per litre. Convert 18Litres to gallons that's 4.8gallons. Assuming my car is perform below the rated MPG at 28MPG. Multiply 4.8gallons by 28mpg that's 134.4miles. Convert 134.4miles to km that's 221.7km. You see that even at about 200km for N3000 fuel, my car is still far from what it should get but that's normal due to differences in driving pattern and traffic condition.

Because you drive a car with electrical issues, direct fan connection, no thermostat, water as coolant, 20w50 oil, that's why you think every car should guzzle fuel like your abused car. When you handle a car according to factory specification, you will understand. For now I had to just school you a little. Let anyone with a well maintained Honda civic 2006-2010 proof me wrong on this.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by GENES11S: 10:33pm On May 20, 2022
flejnr2:
watin concern radio with fuel,? Horn nko

9ja when wuna go put stupidity n arrogance aside and learn something for once?

Most car electronic get their power from the battery which is charged by the alternator (using fuel).

Car Radio gets it's power supply from the battery which in turn is charged by the car alternator (using fuel).

Using car sound system for a long time while the engine is off (on battery power alone) is not recommended (for non modern vehicles).

For modern vehicle, the radios are designed to consume very little power.

And for your information. If you put off your car and hold the horn for a long time it will drain your battery down.

Cars burn fuel to keep the battery charged while it's been drain by other applications.

Feel free to insult, na watin una Sabi be that.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by patonyx1: 10:34pm On May 20, 2022
Catalyst or Catalytic Converter.

hk891:
Dem don remove the indomie,I don't know what it's called in English but ask your mechanic he xan explain.
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by BigCowH0rn: 11:16pm On May 20, 2022
nedekid:

Catalyst removal does not consume fuel. Infact you get better gas milage and increased power. The only drawback is the increased noice. And failed emissions test.
Your engine even last longer without the catalyst.

And yet that's what every crooked Kassim run to steal once they see newly imported cars
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by nedekid: 11:36pm On May 20, 2022
BigCowH0rn:

And yet that's what every crooked Kassim run to steal once they see newly imported cars
Lebanese folks buy them for recycling the precious materials in them.

https://itstillruns.com/benefits-removing-catalytic-converters-cars-4899387.html

1 Like

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by jinka(m): 12:14am On May 21, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

So you mean say from Benin city to lagos go almost chop 25 thousand naira fuel
Na wahalar you dey o

Na seven thousand naira fuel I take match one corrola car from lagos to Benin city the other day and enough fuel still remain

How many hours journey is Lagos to Benin?
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by MOJ584(m): 2:21am On May 21, 2022
The indomie has been stolen !!!

That's the problem of your car
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by MrChamp111: 3:02am On May 21, 2022
Good day
The is a problem of oil flashing light I have with my 2010 acura zdx, I have done all, eg changing oil pump, oil Sensor switch and change oil but still flashing oil light when I slow down on the road. What might be wrong ?
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by cobby14(m): 5:43am On May 21, 2022
Fuel is very expensive sha.
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by ChybuzzDD(m): 6:43am On May 21, 2022
DryMouth:
Run away from honda before it kills you.

That car is rubbish.

grin Says by someone answering 'Drymouth'

A dry, saliva-less mouth is a prelude to dental caries/tooth decays

No wonder this kind of purulent information is coming out of your mouth

3 Likes

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by vivalavida(m): 6:53am On May 21, 2022
MrChamp111:
Good day
The is a problem of oil flashing light I have with my 2010 acura zdx, I have done all, eg changing oil pump, oil Sensor switch and change oil but still flashing oil light when I slow down on the road. What might be wrong ?
Have u reset the oil life?
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by MrChamp111: 8:07am On May 21, 2022
Yes, I have. Don't know what is wrong .
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by pswglobal(m): 9:12am On May 21, 2022
The first thing is to get a good rewire to make sure the connection to ur obd port start communicating with a scan tool.

After fixing d obd port then u diagnose to retrieve d dtc fault code which will help u narrow down d issue with ur car.

There are so many sensors responsible for fuel economy and if they go bad u will experience high fuel consumption.

Random misfire, weak ignition coil, bad injector nozzle, o2 sensor, uneven tyre and so many other things cud cause d issue of high fuel consumption.
If u need more info u see very intelligent car diagnostic personel.
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Kojiek: 10:53am On May 21, 2022
LIGHTROOM:
Sell it Buy kekenappep 402 And give yourself peace of mind
What about RE250 Keke?
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Kojiek: 10:59am On May 21, 2022
LIGHTROOM:
What about RE250 Keke?
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Kojiek: 11:00am On May 21, 2022
LIGHTROOM:
What about RE250 Keke?

1 Like

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Finobravo: 4:35pm On May 21, 2022
This one got me laughing even in my present predicament...

My brother, there must be some unknown people or deities drinking that fuel.

36 km only? Honda?

Or maybe they have stolen the catalyst [/quote]
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Finobravo: 4:37pm On May 21, 2022
Pls explain
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Finobravo: 4:40pm On May 21, 2022
babatee1985:
Reason why the previous user sold it. This matter is very strong and I will suggest you get a good rewire to help u check coz I think it's wiring problem. That's one of the reasons why naija used cars dey fear me.

Pls do you know any good rewirer who can help...no matter the distance
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Finobravo: 4:44pm On May 21, 2022
fineboynl:
Lol at it doesn't communicate with scanner.

The first problem is to resolved why it doesn't communicate with scanner if you can solve this that means you have solved 80% of the problem instead of guess work.

Except you meet a professional.

The rewirer I took it to said the brain box is the culprit...and I doubt cos every other thing works perfectly well except this crazy consumption of fuel.

The car starts at a go
It dosen't jerk or stall
It brings out black smoke which is noticeable at a close range
Rev isn't accurate
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by osayuwamwen(m): 11:53am On May 22, 2022
my new golf 3 1.6l engine, I bought 5k fuel on Friday abt 30litres, the fuel gauge niddle was on reserve b4 I bought d 5k fuel and it went past half tank a little, sofar I have covered a distance of 128 kilometers and it has gone Down abit pass d half tank, still calculating how much distance I can cover with d 5k fuel
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by aAK1(m): 7:46pm On May 22, 2022
One major issue that a lot of people over look when trying to troubleshoot a bad economy on Honda accords is the evap system. Purge canister and the solenoid valve in front
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by pswglobal(m): 3:19pm On May 24, 2022
pswglobal:
The first thing is to get a good rewire to make sure the connection to ur obd port start communicating with a scan tool.

After fixing d obd port then u diagnose to retrieve d dtc fault code which will help u narrow down d issue with ur car.

There are so many sensors responsible for fuel economy and if they go bad u will experience high fuel consumption.

Random misfire, weak ignition coil, bad injector nozzle, o2 sensor, uneven tyre and so many other things cud cause d issue of high fuel consumption.

If u need more info u see very intelligent car diagnostic personel.
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Finobravo: 1:59pm On May 28, 2022
Indomie wey dem don chop before I got the car.
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by enyce86(m): 7:28pm On May 28, 2022
Scan the Honda Accord properly, in two different locations.
cus that fuel consumption level is too unreasonable
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Finobravo: 10:47am On Jun 02, 2022
Finally the mistery has been unravelled thanks to Gazzuss. I called him and explained to him that the car isn't scanning. He told me what to do and it worked.
God bless you sir. I really appreciate you.
I can scanned the car and got the following code.
P2185
P0135
P0141
P0453
P2646
P0108....
From all indications...it is a faulty wiring that is triggering most of these codes.
Can someone recommend a very sound and knowledge able auto electrician to me. One who has the accurate equipments
The car is Honda Accord 2007.
Thanks guys

God bless Gazzuss

1 Like

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Finobravo: 1:31pm On Jun 02, 2022
It is poor wiring that is causing the whole thing's. So I need a good auto electrician.
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Peppermintflav: 2:26pm On Jun 02, 2022
Finobravo:
Finally the mistery has been unravelled thanks to Gazzuss. I called him and explained to him that the car isn't scanning. He told me what to do and it worked.
God bless you sir. I really appreciate you.
I can scanned the car and got the following code.
P2185
P0135
P0141

P0453
P2646
P0108....
From all indications...it is a faulty wiring that is triggering most of these codes.
Can someone recommend a very sound and knowledge able auto electrician to me. One who has the accurate equipments
The car is Honda Accord 2007.
Thanks guys

God bless Gazzuss
Nothing like poor electrical connection.
You need to tackle those codes one after the other especially the bolded, those can cause serious fuel drinking problems.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Meet The 4-door Bugatti 16C Galibier That May Soon Join The League Of Hypercars / List Of Countries Who Are Switching From Fossil Fuel Cars To Electric Cars / Lincoln Unveils The Special-edition Continental With Suicide Doors. (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.