Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel (24106 Views)

My 2012 Honda Accord Consumes Fuel And The Power Steering Cup Spills Oil / My Honda Accord 2005 Ex Consumes Too Much Fuel / My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by osato45: 7:37am On Jun 24, 2022
Dozieson:
Na trial and error things. Just dey manage am like that. 3k fuel is about 18l. It is a serious issue. My car can do 190km without AC and 180km when AC is on with this amount of fuel. Note: I don't have much traffic in my area
Which car gives you this good mpg, is it also a v6 or an i4
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by osato45: 7:39am On Jun 24, 2022
Dozieson:

Camry 2005 I4 engine
no wonder
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by fineboynl(m): 11:17pm On Apr 17, 2023
aAK1:
One major issue that a lot of people over look when trying to troubleshoot a bad economy on Honda accords is the evap system. Purge canister and the solenoid valve in front
what can one do to this evap system.? I read here it here on nairaland that if one blocked the evap system valve fuel consumption was low. How true and is this not dangerous. What are the alternatives to blocking it?
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by aAK1(m): 6:58am On Apr 18, 2023
fineboynl:
what can one do to this evap system.? I read here it here on nairaland that if one blocked the evap system valve fuel consumption was low. How true and is this not dangerous. What are the alternatives to blocking it?
block ke? Not a good idea. Look for the leak if it has leak and get it fixed. Some times the solenoids are stock open . All you need do is replace
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by fineboynl(m): 8:01am On Apr 18, 2023
aAK1:
block ke? Not a good idea. Look for the leak if it has leak and get it fixed. Some times the solenoids are stock open . All you need do is replace
Look at this.
https://www.nairaland.com/7641960/oil-routine-change-declared-dealership/1#122565712
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by buygala(m): 7:05pm On Apr 18, 2023
aAK1:

Many people online have narrated stripping out the entire EVAP system from their accords without any issues.. Many like myself have been more conservative by just blocking the evap hose..

The evap system's function basically is to redirect fuel fumes to the car engine instead of allowing it to vaporize into the atmosphere..that's simply an emissions issue.. But if it malfunctions, it can cause many issues such as erratic RPM, hard starting just after buying fuel, and high fuel consumption.

Disabling it will just allow built up fuel fumes in engine to evaporate through that tiny hole close to the fuel tank, and probably a check engine light... Many people have posted online an A-Z of disabling the EVAP ON Honda Accords without tripping the check engine light, for those who are fussy about not having that light.
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Smartguyboy(m): 1:17am On Apr 19, 2023
BabaIbo:
Open the fuel tap in half, that way the fuel won't rush, it will be flowing gradually and last long.

Bro, the previous owner knw why he sold it to you. The problem is the removed catalyst(aka indomie).

Is it generator ?
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by BabaIbo: 3:18pm On Jun 05, 2023
Smartguyboy:

Is it generator ?

Sarcasm bro
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by SegunWamiri(m): 3:13am On Jun 22, 2023
Hi, here are the symptoms evident in my EOD 2005 Asian model:
- High fuel consumption
- Pushing the turtle all the way to the ground sometimes and would still not move and other times, it will move with a soft touch
- Black soothe by the exhaust.

I've changed the airflow metre as well as the injector mouth but all these symptoms persists. Please what is the issue here??

PS: It was purchased brand new by the previous owner. Also, the car does not come with any O2 sensor surprisingly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Efficient Is This Fuel Economy Product, Xtreme Fuel Treatment (XFT)? / Why Girls Like Cars So Much? / List Of Countries Who Are Switching From Fossil Fuel Cars To Electric Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.