Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,183 members, 7,829,242 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel (24123 Views)

My 2012 Honda Accord Consumes Fuel And The Power Steering Cup Spills Oil / My Honda Accord 2005 Ex Consumes Too Much Fuel / My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Cmanforall: 5:28pm On May 20, 2022
fineboynl:
Lol at it doesn't communicate with scanner.

The first problem is to resolved why it doesn't communicate with scanner if you can solve this that means you have solved 80% of the problem instead of guess work.

Except you meet a professional.
Most likely an accident car
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Hublot1: 5:30pm On May 20, 2022
snookcg:
My car is a V6 EOD with no charcoal and my fuel consumption is about same with yours. So my first suspect to the fuel consumption is the catalyst converter and about the car not scanning means the scanners are not connecting to the brainbox so the culprit to that might be in your fuse box or the brainbox itself.
So have a rewire check the wiring and all fuse are working then narrow it down to brainbox replacement. and then to fuel, replace the charcoal which are two of them for your I4 engine and ensure all sensors connected are functioning. Scan the car for any further error relating to emission or fuel pumps and injectors.
The way I am looking at it, you will be spending about 150k if brainbox is faulty or maybe less.

What part of a car is charcoal abeg?

1 Like

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by slimmoney(m): 5:34pm On May 20, 2022
the obd port has a fuse, check if the fuse is intact, if it's not, it will not connect to the scanner.
Finobravo:
Kindly help me.
I drive a Honda accord car..2007 model. I just bought it not long. The problem is that car consumes too much fuel. It takes 3000 naira fuel for 36 kilometres which is way too much.
I have changed the Air flow meter sensor, the MAF sensor(I think) and the 02 oxygen sensor.
To make matter worse, car dosen't communicate with scanners.
It is driving me crazy as I don't know what next to change. The injector too had been cleaned, nosules have been serviced and plugs have been changed.
Yet no improvement.
There is no catalyst though. It was removed before I got the car.

Pls help a brother in need.
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by otabuko(m): 5:43pm On May 20, 2022
Dozieson:

Meaning your car is consuming fuel. N2000 fuel is about 12 liters. Should give you about 140km
80km is good naa. The c'est ma water una want make car dey use ?
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Torokos: 5:45pm On May 20, 2022
The exhaust indomie might have been removed, try and consult a good panel beter
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by gonkin(m): 5:50pm On May 20, 2022
If your disconnect your afm and car still runs, your afm has been bypass which would result in car running rich. I have some sort of setup like that in mine I use as temporary boost. Just the flip of a switch it deactivates the afm but still keeps the fuel pump relay(COR) active. Resulting in quicker acceleration.

Fuel return line or fuel pressure regulator. Regulates the flow of fuel through the fuel rail where the injectors are connected.

My main suspect is the bypassed afm. Disconnect and start your vehicle then if your vehicle starts up that's your problem. If it doesn't, then scratch afm off your list.

Also check your obd fuse. Even my car that uses obd 1, I use flashes to detect codes. Sometimes I get code 28 and 41 on 3fe engine fj80 landcruiser.

1 Like

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Dozieson(m): 5:52pm On May 20, 2022
otabuko:

80km is good naa. The c'est ma water una want make car dey use ?

For 1.8l engine? It is very bad
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by LaSenior: 5:57pm On May 20, 2022
My sienna na the oga kwatakwata for fuel munching

1998 model with AC 2k fuel na joke

The only thing I love about that car is it's durability and the chilling AC

E dey chop fuel e dey drink fuel

3 Likes

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Lepon02: 6:31pm On May 20, 2022
Finobravo:
Kindly help me.
I drive a Honda accord car..2007 model. I just bought it not long. The problem is that car consumes too much fuel. It takes 3000 naira fuel for 36 kilometres which is way too much.
I have changed the Air flow meter sensor, the MAF sensor(I think) and the 02 oxygen sensor.
It is driving me crazy as I don't know what next to change. The injector too had been cleaned, nosules have been serviced and plugs have been changed.
Yet no improvement.

Accord with tiger generator engine.

That one na accord? Lol
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Christucor(m): 6:43pm On May 20, 2022
BabaIbo:
Open the fuel tap in half, that way the fuel won't rush, it will be flowing gradually and last long.

Bro, the previous owner knw why he sold it to you. The problem is the removed catalyst(aka indomie).
Lies i use the same vehicle without catalysts and full tank takes me from lagos to the east and fuel go remain

2 Likes

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Emmymarvel(m): 7:02pm On May 20, 2022
You already know the problem but still pretending like you dont know and wasting your money! No catalyst, its fuel that will suffer.

Pls help a brother in need. [/quote]
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Emmymarvel(m): 7:03pm On May 20, 2022
You already know the problem but still pretending like you dont know and wasting your money! No catalyst, its fuel that will suffer.

Hublot1:

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by SarkinYarki: 7:05pm On May 20, 2022
babatee1985:
Reason why the previous user sold it. This matter is very strong and I will suggest you get a good rewire to help u check coz I think it's wiring problem. That's one of the reasons why naija used cars dey fear me.

How can electrical problem cause such fuel consumption? Na all this servicing of injector nozzle by clowns dey cause all this

1 Like

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by BigTableShaker(f): 7:08pm On May 20, 2022
bonnyhope:

Jesus!!
With N2000 fuel, I de run 80km with matrix and e go still remain
With 1k fuel, I dey run 80km on my Accord 2006.
The OP's car is really bad.
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by SarkinYarki: 7:16pm On May 20, 2022
BabaIbo:
Open the fuel tap in half, that way the fuel won't rush, it will be flowing gradually and last long.

Bro, the previous owner knw why he sold it to you. The problem is the removed catalyst(aka indomie).

Catalytic converter removal can never significantly affect fuel consumption please .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by nedekid: 7:32pm On May 20, 2022
When you Rev the car, does it blow black smoke?
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Bbbw: 7:43pm On May 20, 2022
Then sell it
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 20, 2022
Finobravo:
Kindly help me.
Yet no improvement.

Dem don commot the indomie before you buy am. But that one no fit cause that heavy consumption.
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by LupusMinor(m): 7:55pm On May 20, 2022
This should not be a problem ordinarily but cuz there is no communication between the scan tool and the ECU one cannot identify what the problems are. I suggest you check the ECU. It may not be OEM and you'd need to replace that first as well as the catalytic converter before you now begin to identify other issues. You mentioned you'd changed the MAF sensor? Are you sure you got an OEM one?
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by kenoyad: 8:01pm On May 20, 2022
This problem is peculiar to this car DC, a friend used the same car and got same complaints around 2016, the injector was changed to that of micra injector still consuming fuel and slow to pick with fuel pump issues. Reason previous owner sold it.
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Goldbw122(m): 8:04pm On May 20, 2022
visijo:
My Girlfriend took me to see her family today. They asked me to stay outside while they discuss serious family matters, only to find out that they were eating��
This one seriously
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Ofiadiegwu: 8:06pm On May 20, 2022
Finobravo:
Kindly help me.
Yet no improvement.

Op you know how to make person laugh.
I was not in mood of laughter, but you made me laugh from the way you present this matter.

Advice:
You might spend equivalent of the purchase price of that car trying to fix something unfixable. That car might be v6 engine and you got it second handedly.

Sell it back, asap, then you will have your peace back.
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 20, 2022
Hublot1:

My own V6 doesn't have manifold so it has this thing like small exhaust pot connected to the engine cylinder block. Inside that pot is the charcoal then you have another under the car just before the middle exhaust pot. Inside them this charcoals reside also called catalyst converter.

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by jahofa: 8:12pm On May 20, 2022
Catalyst be your Problem..Drive a Honda & av the same issuez
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by okoroemeka(m): 8:21pm On May 20, 2022
Emmymarvel:

I don't think catalyst will affect fuel consumption like that,if removed the extra consumption will not be noticable, catalyst are meant for emission control,it is made with Platinum to convert harmful exhaust gases to inert gases and I will not affect fuel consumption,the sound of the exhaust might change but that's it

6 Likes

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by nedekid: 8:24pm On May 20, 2022
BigCowH0rn:

Catalyst

Your mechanic has stolen it
Catalyst removal does not consume fuel. Infact you get better gas milage and increased power. The only drawback is the increased noice. And failed emissions test.
Your engine even last longer without the catalyst.

2 Likes

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by nedekid: 8:30pm On May 20, 2022
midnitestar:
For the fuel issue, you need to replace the catalyst
It will reduce the fuel consumption issues. On scanning, you need a rewire.
Removal of catalyst even gives you more engine power, better fuel consumption and a longer lasting engine. The only difference is failed emissions and more noice.

1 Like

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 20, 2022
Finobravo:
Kindly help me.
Yet no improvement.

Naso my own do oo,I tire for d car I just sell d tin make I rest abeg
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by batb: 8:49pm On May 20, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

So you mean say from Benin city to lagos go almost chop 25 thousand naira fuel
Na wahalar you dey o

Na seven thousand naira fuel I take match one corrola car from lagos to Benin city the other day and enough fuel still remain
I travelled the same Lagos to Benin and back to Lagos with 8k fuel in my Civic 05!
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by olusam4: 9:01pm On May 20, 2022
I will help you, if you are ready. I have experienced such before.
I will direct you to a rewire in oyingbo. If you are ready let me know
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Tutu8613: 9:15pm On May 20, 2022
Check the coolant temperature sensor connected to the bottom of the radiator. It's usually the first culprit. If it's not there, get an OEM radiator.
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by ronyman(m): 9:21pm On May 20, 2022
There is no catalyst answers your question. It must consume fuel
Finobravo:
Kindly help me.
Yet no improvement.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Meet The 4-door Bugatti 16C Galibier That May Soon Join The League Of Hypercars / List Of Countries Who Are Switching From Fossil Fuel Cars To Electric Cars / Lincoln Unveils The Special-edition Continental With Suicide Doors. (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.