Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,581 members, 7,816,429 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support (17983 Views)

William Kosco: I Will Never Give Biden Communion, Over My Dead Body / Lady Bleeds From The Eyes After Receiving Holy Communion In Enugu(photos,video) / I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support by Viridis(m): 12:00pm On May 22, 2022
I don't even understand all these noise about abortion. I mean it's a simple decision legalize it so women can remove unwanted pregnancies that they can't take care of. I prefer to be aborted than to be born to suffer almajiri for example. I think the same goes for everyone here

3 Likes

Re: Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:01pm On May 22, 2022
Very good development

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support by Babygreene(f): 12:01pm On May 22, 2022
SultanOfPuna:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nonesense
Communion that taste like paper
Catholics just dey decieve themselves
i know like 8 priest that still fvck women till this day.
1 of them has a family low key in ireland.

So whenever i see these priest raise their hands with communion speaking latin i go just dey laugh. Bunch of scammers

After you lift holy communion
You go still lift Sister. Asumpta's pant
Oga go wash your hand..
Re: Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support by Sageez(m): 12:03pm On May 22, 2022
Ghostrye:
I think the holy communion should not be denied anybody regardless of their political and moral stance
She can't say she is a Christian and still support this evil. If the church doesn't discipline her, who will?

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support by dohyn(m): 12:05pm On May 22, 2022
Lol. Same Archbishop that was caught drinking and driving.. una go dey alright
Re: Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support by QuietPlanet: 12:11pm On May 22, 2022
Ghostrye:
I think the holy communion should not be denied anybody regardless of their political and moral stance
You are not thinking. Simply writing I think before your comment does not mean you actually took the time to commune with your thoughts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support by JayB11(m): 12:12pm On May 22, 2022
SultanOfPuna:
Nonesense

So whenever i see these priest raise their hands with communion speaking latin i go just dey laugh. Bunch of scammers

Oga go wash your hand..

So of all the billions of Catholics and millions of their Priests, you expect 100 percent righteousness from all of them? Answer "yes" and i will tell you how retarded you are. Simple common sense is no longer simple.

4 Likes

Re: Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support by Timekeeper452: 12:14pm On May 22, 2022
How abortion is the problem of humans in this present reality still baffles me. A woman has the right to do whatever she wants with her body, if she says she doesn’t have the strength to carry any pregnancy, then she can get an abortion if she wants. It’s no one’s business.

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support by Babathanks(m): 12:16pm On May 22, 2022
JayB11:

So of all the billions of Catholics and millions of their Priests, you expect 100 percent righteousness from all of them? Answer "yes" and i will tell you how retarded you are. Simple common sense is no longer simple.
Nice answer

2 Likes

Re: Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support by LZAA: 12:17pm On May 22, 2022
Realists:
Hmmm, wonders shall never end, The church has Gay pastors, The church has Satanic branch, The church has usury eating banking system, The church pays billions to victims of sodomy, done by their priests, well since it's Christianity we must not criticize them, for hypocrisy is allowed.
First of we have priests not pastors and priests are always free to leave if they can't maintain celibacy
It happened here in your country ffs
The Catholic Church has faced insult upon insult from other religions and has remained strong
Heck we even apologised for the crusades

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support by LZAA: 12:18pm On May 22, 2022
Timekeeper452:
How abortion is the problem of humans in this present reality still baffles me. A woman has the right to do whatever she wants with her body, if she says she doesn’t have the strength to carry any pregnancy, then she can get an abortion if she wants. It’s no one’s business.
But she get strength to carry d**k
grin grin
Actions have consequences
Deal with it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support by Timekeeper452: 12:26pm On May 22, 2022
LZAA:

But she get strength to carry d**k
grin grin
Actions have consequences
Deal with it
the guy too had strength to carry Womanliness, yet suffer no consequences. Sex isn’t an action that deserves consequences, it’s no crime.

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support by Starzo: 12:30pm On May 22, 2022
Timekeeper452:

Going by this your analogy, people should be free to consume harmful drugs like cocaine and meth without obstruction from the law because it's 'their body' they're taking it into right??

This is what happens when you don't think critically before making statements.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support by tnerro1(m): 12:30pm On May 22, 2022
SultanOfPuna:
Nonesense

Oga go wash your hand..

What you said is like someone saying because his girlfriend is an olosho, that means everybody’s girlfriend will also be an olosho. Bros e no follow like that.

The only exception to this rule is that all Muslims are potential terrorists

2 Likes

Re: Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support by Timekeeper452: 12:34pm On May 22, 2022
Starzo:

Going by this your analogy, people should be free to consume harmful drugs like cocaine and meth without obstruction from the law because it's 'their body' they're taking it into right??

This is what happens when you don't think critically before making statements.
you called it HARMFUL drugs and COCAINE. What’s harmful about getting an abortion? Absolutely nothing. You should be the one thinking critically before comparing two absolutely different things.

3 Likes

Re: Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support by Starzo: 12:38pm On May 22, 2022
Timekeeper452:
you called it HARMFUL drugs and COCAINE. What’s harmful about getting an abortion? Absolutely nothing. You should be the one thinking critically before comparing two absolutely different things.

So knowingly and deliberately taking away a life is not harmful??

Only an irredeemably daft individual reasons like this

How many brain cells are you missing exactly?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support by Ladiesdoctor(m): 12:43pm On May 22, 2022
The real devil is in Pelosi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support by 5thcolm(m): 12:50pm On May 22, 2022
Sageez:

She can't say she is a Christian and still support this evil. If the church doesn't discipline her, who will?
Your point is valid only if the giver of the communion and everyone allowed tooffense. is holy and do not commit sin. If not, it's not valid.
Typical example is the story of Jesus and the prostitute. Jesus doesn't support the woman to be a prostitute. He also doesn't support making being a prostitute a criminal offense.
Same is what Polosi is fighting for. She isn't saying all women to do abortion, she is fighting for abortion not to be a criminal offence.
Re: Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support by Timekeeper452: 12:53pm On May 22, 2022
Starzo:

the government can decide to take a life when they feel maybe you have committed enough crimes to be sentenced to death, you are an immediate threat. But when a woman wants to get an abortion to save her life she is knowingly taking away life. There is nothing harmful about getting an abortion.

2 Likes

Re: Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support by Maynman: 12:54pm On May 22, 2022
ClassicMan202:

What are you even saying... Even if the moral stance goes against the holy communion she wants to collect??

All these people claiming woke self.

So everyone collecting holy communion have no sin?

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support by Maynman: 12:55pm On May 22, 2022
Starzo:

Don’t you kill animals? Take their lives?
Re: Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support by ufotunang: 1:03pm On May 22, 2022
If it's nigeria pastors they will allow our corrupt politicians to take the communion... because they know the corrupt politician will give them brown envelope ..( money...naira, dollars)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support by Holy2Glory: 1:03pm On May 22, 2022
Though tribulation is eminent, yet a great revival that should usher in the second coming of Christ is a stone throw away from here.

Upon this rock I shall build my church and even the gates of Lucifer shall not prevail against it.

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support by hush15: 1:03pm On May 22, 2022
Teeaser4:

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/politics/san-francisco-archbishop-pelosi-communion-abortion-support.amp

Devil Dey go church, see her face like owl’s face that woman na evil, I’m not talking about her abortion stance, that’s none of my business- OP

Everything in this life has its pros and cons. Abortion is not an exception however, it must be an absolute last resort. If abortion were a regular, casual thing anybody could embark upon, many people wouldn't be alive today, and the opportunities many benefit from due to the fact that their life wasn't cut short at the fetus stage, may not be available. So its a fifty-fifty thing and should be treated based on health and very distinctive moral grounds and not a political one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support by 5thcolm(m): 1:05pm On May 22, 2022
Starzo:

Looks like you are not getting the argument.
The argument is should doing abortion be legal or not. That is, should doing abortion be a criminal offense or not.
In my opinion, you can be against both. You can discourage abortion for flimsy excuse and also discourage making it a criminal offense. That is what Polosi is supporting.
People do abortion for legit reasons that is beyond their control.
Funny thing is this same US party that wants to make abortion a criminal offense, are against providing funds and help to families and children of less privileges. Birth control procedures don't work 100% and one thing I can say as a relatively new father in the US is that childcare is expensive

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support by Fabnaija: 1:05pm On May 22, 2022
Ghostrye:
ARE YOU A CHRISTIAN?
Re: Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support by ofexpryz(m): 1:14pm On May 22, 2022
Realists:
Hmmm, wonders shall never end, The church has Gay pastors, The church has Satanic branch, The church has usury eating banking system, The church pays billions to victims of sodomy, done by their priests, well since it's Christianity we must not criticize them, for hypocrisy is allowed.

That they do these things u mentioned here thats if they do, does it mean they should support every evil policy?
Has the Church ever come out to say they support those evil acts?

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support by mokwaye: 1:17pm On May 22, 2022
see below
Re: Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support by Henz81: 1:50pm On May 22, 2022
Realists:
What is this one saying. I hope you are not referring to Catholic church.
Re: Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support by Henz81: 1:56pm On May 22, 2022
SultanOfPuna:
Nonesense

Oga go wash your hand..
Shut up your mouth. They are human being just like you. They are not perfect human beings and bound to fall. I'm not trying to justify such act. Nonsense, if only what you said is even true.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atheism And Terrorism; Annihilation in The Quest For Atheistic Domination / Pastor E.A. Adeboye Denied Writing Any Letter On Self Defence / The Dangers Of Wilful Sins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.