Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,114 members, 7,845,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi (38334 Views)

Tinubu Meets Osinbajo In Abuja (Pictures) / PDP May Opt For Olafeso, Agbaje As Ayu’s Replacement / Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by abiodunalabama: 6:26am On May 22, 2022
Malory:
Amaechi is Buhari's choice. Tinubu is just wasting his loot
Keep on deceiving urself ,even if Buhari choose Amechi…Tinubu is politician and he will show some politics Buhari on this.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by kayusely70(m): 6:26am On May 22, 2022
emkz:
I am for Tinubu.

If the President forces him to step down, then I'd suggest he steps down, but ensures the APC loses the 2023 elections.

It is only in Nigeria someone will work hard, but would be edged out because someone else is favoured. We saw it in 2006/2007, when Peter Odili, Donald Duke and serious contenders were forced to step down.

Look at all the work Tinubu has been doing, how else can one demonstrate his readiness to run for office?

If PDP gets their primaries right by giving the ticket to a strong candidate (not a recurring candidate), they are at a vantage position to win power if APC bungles their own primaries.

I pray Peter Obi gets the PDP ticket. In APC, the strongest candidate is Tinubu. Why not let the primaries go on?
You have spoken very well and reasonably too! Let's wait and watch as events unfold.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by Blackman7: 6:30am On May 22, 2022
TINUBU will be heading to SDP , his days in APC are numbered what a disgrace ,an ingnoble end for a man who was a king maker but for his selfish ambition. What a shame. Osinbajo all the way

5 Likes

Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by 9japride(m): 6:31am On May 22, 2022
They should keep recycling funny characters.
Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by onuman: 6:31am On May 22, 2022
The fox has been preparing to hand over to either Atiku Abubakar or to another Fulani presidential aspirant that can pick PDP ticket.
Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by Odidigboigbo(m): 6:34am On May 22, 2022
Throwback:
Only failures need anointing oil.

The only serious candidate is very much interested in a democratic contest.

No food for lazy man, no ticket for political nonentity.
Has he ever allowed democratic contest in his domain? He anoints even a mere councillor in his territory and he expect free contest when he doesn't give others free contest. hissssss
Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by autodevice(m): 6:37am On May 22, 2022
I see problem brewing in Apc. Tinubu was deliberately absent because he has an inkling on the subject of the meeting, which isn't in his favour. Party defection loading, which will definitely split Apc's votes.
Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by wiseoneking: 6:38am On May 22, 2022
Throwback:
Only failures need anointing oil.

The only serious candidate is very much interested in a democratic contest.

No food for lazy man, no ticket for political nonentity.
This is not the time to start shedding tears but wait for some days coming. Your Lord BAT ? Honestly, it will be the greatest regret for all jagabanjagajaga followers if he ever loses out. I don't know how some of you foolish supporters will show your face again in this Nairaland after all this boasting. To humble you guys dey hungry some people. I pity y'all.
Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by Nobody: 6:40am On May 22, 2022
It is now very clear to everyone that Tinubu is the next president of Nigeria, but the chances are high he won't be chosen. Like we all know, the annointed candidate is either Osibanjo or Amaechi, and to me, it is Osinbajo. The Buhari I know doesnt forgive betrayal and reckless talk. That audio tape of Amaechi that Omokri released is what will kill him. I didnt expect Osinbajo to contest after Tinubu came out, so, I have a strong believe Buhari told him to move on.

If Tinubu doesnt agree, it will be tough because the President has Kaduna, Katsina, and most other states with him. All he needs to do is to call the governors who will change the minds of the delegates. Only Kano and some other states wont. And the battle in SW is tough too. The president may get Ogun and Ekiti, and Oyo.

Amaechi himself knows he has no chance except he is a consensus candidate. Even Osinbajo too knows it that he cannot beat Tinubu.

Take note that the party is already talking about reconciliation. Lol. They have got it wrong. They are about stopping on the toe of Tinubu, and this man will never forgive them. Trust me, it is either Tinubu or APC is gone. Cos at least 1/4 of the loyal partners of Tinubu in the north will go with Tinubu if he quits APC. And all the rest (yes....all the rest) will join him later after 2023 election if he happens to set up another powerful party. I see Kwankwaso's party partnering with Tinubu and they will definitely beat APC in 2027 ....for sure.

Guys, I see APC collapsing if Buhari goes ahead with his plan. Buhari is returning to the old northern strong leader as he is about losing SW and SS, and he is not liked in SE. APC may win 2023, no doubt even Tinubu is not the consensus candidate, but Tinubu will kill it in 2027 for sure.

The death of APC is around except Tinubu becomes the president, and this is very unlikely. Buhari is likely going to betray him, but this is the end of Buhari himself also..if I was Buhari, I wouldn't stand in the way of Tinubu. Nope. This will make him very powerful. This will be Obasanjo-Yaradua made in heaven partnership. But if Buhari allows his people to destroy this partnership, the dynastic of Buhari is over. And mark my words, Tinubu will be extremely powerful once again..though, he may have to bury his ambition of becoming the president, but he will destroy APC and Buhari.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by wiseoneking: 6:41am On May 22, 2022
emkz:
I am for Tinubu.

If the President forces him to step down, then I'd suggest he steps down, but ensures the APC loses the 2023 elections.

It is only in Nigeria someone will work hard, but would be edged out because someone else is favoured. We saw it in 2006/2007, when Peter Odili, Donald Duke and serious contenders were forced to step down.

Look at all the work Tinubu has been doing, how else can one demonstrate his readiness to run for office?

If PDP gets their primaries right by giving the ticket to a strong candidate (not a recurring candidate), they are at a vantage position to win power if APC bungles their own primaries.

I pray Peter Obi gets the PDP ticket. In APC, the strongest candidate is Tinubu. Why not let the primaries go on?
I think some of you are now calming down.
Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by HRMK: 6:42am On May 22, 2022
NIGERIANS NICKNAMED BABANGIDA #MARADONA BCS OF HIS UNPREDICTABILITY!BUT,NOBODY BLVS THERE CULD BE A BETTER MARADONA THAN IBB IN 2022!PMB KNEW WHO HE WANTED AS APC CHAIRMAN BUT STILL MADE MEMBERS TO PURCHASE FORMS FOR SAME POST!ONLY TO SWITCH TO CONSENSUS THROUGH HORSETRADING OR LOBBYING OF CANDIDATES!PMB GOT HIS CHOICE IN POWER BY GIVING THE GOVS THEIR CHOICES IN THE NWC OF THE PARTY!EVEN THOUGH CONSENSUS WORKED THEN,IT WONT EVER WORK THIS TIME AROUND!MANY ARE BOUND TO LEAVE THE PARTY FOR OBVIOUS REASONS!THOSE READY FOR CONSENSUS AMONG THE ASPIRANTS KNOW ALREADY,THEY CANT WIN IN OPEN CONTEST!!
Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by ThEGodFaThEr140: 6:44am On May 22, 2022
Mooh247:
cool
You see your life!

2 Likes

Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by ThEGodFaThEr140: 6:46am On May 22, 2022

Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by TheNiceGuy(m): 6:47am On May 22, 2022
They want consensus that'll favour them. grin

If it's not Tinubu the we don't want consensus

Feather weighted politician.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by wiseoneking: 6:48am On May 22, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:
It is now very clear to everyone that Tinubu is the next president of Nigeria, but the chances are high he won't be chosen. Like we all know, the annointed candidate is either Osibanjo or Amaechi, and to me, it is Osinbajo. The Buhari I know doesnt forgive betrayal and reckless talk. That audio tape of Amaechi that Omokri released is what will kill him. I didnt expect Osinbajo to contest after Tinubu came out, so, I have a strong believe Buhari told him to move on.

If Tinubu doesnt agree, it will be tough because the President has Kaduna, Katsina, and most other states with him. All he needs to do is to call the governors who will change the minds of the delegates. Only Kano and some other states wont. And the battle in SW is tough too. The president may get Ogun and Ekiti, and Oyo.

Amaechi himself knows he has no chance except he is a consensus candidate. Even Osinbajo too knows it that he cannot beat Tinubu.

Take note that the party is already talking about reconciliation. Lol. They have got it wrong. They are about stopping on the toe of Tinubu, and this man will never forgive them. Trust me, it is either Tinubu or APC is gone. Cos at least 1/4 of the loyal partners of Tinubu in the north will go with Tinubu if he quits APC. And all the rest (yes....all the rest) will join him later after 2023 election if he happens to set up another powerful party. I see Kwankwaso's party partnering with Tinubu and they will definitely beat APC in 2027 ....for sure.

Guys, I see APC collapsing if Buhari goes ahead with his plan. Buhari is returning to the old northern strong leader as he is about losing SW and SS, and he is not liked in SE. APC may win 2023, no doubt even Tinubu is not the consensus candidate, but Tinubu will kill it in 2027 for sure.

The death of APC is around except Tinubu becomes the president, and this is very unlikely. Buhari is likely going to betray him, but this is the end of Buhari himself also..if I was Buhari, I wouldn't stand in the way of Tinubu. Nope. This will make him very powerful. This will be Obasanjo-Yaradua made in heaven partnership. But if Buhari allows his people to destroy this partnership, the dynastic of Buhari is over. And mark my words, Tinubu will be extremely powerful once again..though, he may have to bury his ambition of becoming the president, but he will destroy APC and Buhari.
You have started getting sense small small. Pray that your BAT wins after your noise of him already won. Nobody knows what gonna happen though. It could be Buhari do called anointed. Hahaha
Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by Bokobasu: 6:49am On May 22, 2022
New007:
This is all shades of wrong. Democracy thrown out the window. A failure wants to pick a successor. How can naija ever get better?
Is it democratic to handpick Ambode, oust him when Tinubu feels like, and install Sanwo Olu
Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by emkz: 6:52am On May 22, 2022
Salvador1:
tinubu as president will give so much power to south and the north won't allow such to happen.

Now we are beginning to see why our Southerners should rally round him. I am just pained that Tinubu's greatest opposition is from the South. Were Tinubu a Northerner, he'd have a cult following.

We are our own enemies in the South.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by femiasaolu2014: 6:53am On May 22, 2022
The godfather and author of consensus in Lagos state is suddenly scared of having a taste of his own medicine?

Baba Sope of Lagos who handpicks everyone one for elective positions from top to bottom suddenly wants a democratic process?

Taa!!!!

Buhari must choose his successor.

3 Likes

Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by Truthisunique2: 6:53am On May 22, 2022
SensualMan:
Tinubu will join hands secretly and vote for Peter 2023 because he knows APC is evil. He has been ousted from the party he formed[b] by little chibuike Amaechi he knew the day he was born and even attended his dedication in church[/b]. Yowaaaaaa!
grin

We tell them since 2019

Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by Truthisunique2: 6:55am On May 22, 2022
emkz:

Now we are beginning to see why our Southerners should rally round him. I am just pained that Tinubu's greatest opposition is from the South. Were Tinubu a Northerner, he'd have a cult following.

We are our own enemies in the South.
shut up tinubu is the greatest enemy of the south

He scruttle the southern presidency in 2019 and made gej tenure a hard one

4 Likes

Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by Sannisege: 6:55am On May 22, 2022
Bokobasu:
Is it democratic to handpick Ambode, oust him when Tinubu feels like, and install Sanwo Olu
Ambode contested primaries and won in 2015 but lost in 2019. That’s democratic enough.

2 Likes

Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by 77up(m): 6:58am On May 22, 2022
Moferere:
E don happen, I don talk am grin grin grin grin

Egungun don finally enter express
Nothing happen here bro, maybe you should go back and read again.

Consensus can only happen if all aspirants accept to step down for the chosen one,else they all go to field. So did you ever think someone like Tinubu will agree to that?

Remain 8days !
Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by deewhydoski(m): 6:58am On May 22, 2022
davido2017:
Osinbanjo will be pick by APC and Amaechi will agree to be is vice, this have seen.
You are not seeing clearly, u still don't know how the politics of nigeria works. So president and vice will come from south, before 10am on the day of election they have already loss.

1 Like

Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by steno1: 6:59am On May 22, 2022
Dr Ogbonnaya Onu is the next president of Nigeria
Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by 77up(m): 7:01am On May 22, 2022
deewhydoski:

You are not seeing clearly, u still don't know how the politics of nigeria works. So president and vice will come from south, before 10am on the day of election they have already loss.
Kids are already dominated this platform hence why you hardly see sensible comment grin

2 Likes

Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by jamesversion: 7:01am On May 22, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

See analysis na. Analysis wey be like thesis.

2 Likes

Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:09am On May 22, 2022
kolasoft:
Tinubu is Democrat using democracy ideology to have is way

Democrat indeed.
Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by juman(m): 7:10am On May 22, 2022
We know before their direction.
Osinbajo is their candidate.

1 Like

Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by Bigheart042(m): 7:11am On May 22, 2022
Been a while I heard from rochas okorocha...
Abi the man don give up for the presidency?

1 Like

Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by tunapawizzy: 7:13am On May 22, 2022
Moferere:
E don happen, I don talk am grin grin grin grin

Egungun don finally enter express
we dey tell dem dem no wan hear...nothing like primary election...na consensus...who no like am should go and jump inside lagoon...
the person that have practised imposition the most in this country will soon start complaining of imposition.....this life

1 Like

Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by Sheuns(m): 7:15am On May 22, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

In your mind you think Tinubu can have the influence Buhari has in the North? Buhari is 10x more influential than Tinubu in the North. Most of these governors won their elections because of Buhari, if you recollect prior to 2015 elections many if not all northern candidates added Buhari’s picture to their campaign banners and used that advantage to themselves, even Badaru of Jigawa that said Tinubu helped him win election did the same thing. Tinubu may be a very good politician but don’t underestimate Buhari.

1 Like

Re: APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi by akmath: 7:16am On May 22, 2022
It is now obvious someone from the south will get the APC ticket. Because whenever APC presidential aspirants is used in a sentence lately the names that come to mind are Tinubu, Amaechi and Osinbajo. Which brings me to my question where are our South East brothers. Apart from Peter Obi of PDP who is fighting and working hard to get to this Office the other South East aspirants are relaxed.

My own be say make no body come make noise tomorrow. When you want something in life you work hard for it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Umahi Mocks Ipob’s Sit-at-home Order, Says Freedom Fighters Shouldn’t Be Outside / Kanu Called Me, We Have Agreed To Work Together To Oust Buhari - FFK / Mike Ozekhome: Why Supreme Court Judgment On Imo Can't Be Reviewed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.