Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla (42560 Views)

Innoson Has Started Manufacturing Heavy Duty Trucks From The New Plant (Video) / Why You Should Look Underneath Before Purchasing A Car / Inside Innoson Factory: From Production To Final Quality Check- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Raydos: 9:49pm On May 22, 2022
Wetin dey pain me for here be say dem still dey sell motor of 2006 3.5-3.7million

what tha hell? Something that shouldn't be more than 50k, this country is a hell hole and an effed up place!

7 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Holysax29(m): 9:50pm On May 22, 2022
flejnr2:
Na poverty and here say Dey worry that us for this life, there are more and more new cars more efficient in economy than Corolla , Kia Rio is 10times even more economical tear rubber you go drive 8years before kazeem go near am and even rugged

I use Nissan Almera, the car dey gimme joy.

4 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by madjune(m): 9:51pm On May 22, 2022
No one is talking about Innoson buying solar panels to invest in solar power?

This will ensure steady electricity in the East.

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by baconline(m): 9:51pm On May 22, 2022
Nice one
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Eriokanmi: 9:51pm On May 22, 2022
nedekid:

We got to this point when some folks brought in the nomad as president.
A car I bought for $12k then shipped and cleared landed naija for ₦2.1m way back 2012. I need at least 8m to buy a car of similar price now.
I hear $is now 610.
I just got off the phone speaking with my banker about getting BTA, he says people have been on the queue for weeks and no hope to get unless I know the bank MD. That the forex cbn releases to their bank weekly cannot handle 10% of the forex bta demand for their customers. That month end, cbn will stop selling forex to banks so my best bet is to buy black market!
Where is all the $130 per barrel oil we are selling? Other oil producing countries are smiling to the bank, their currencies appreciating but ours is depreciating, we are going poorer.
Corolla someone was begging me to buy for 900k 3 years ago, I rejected as being an old car is now 3.3m!
No be juju be that?
It's such an unfortunate situation my brother. I sold 10k usd last week for 597 and i was smiling. So $1 is now 610? Omo!

Mallam no sabi manage economy naw. You suppose know. Those who brought him only wanted cashing out. Whatever is presented before him is what he'd sign, good or bad.

Are you aware that NNPC hasn't remitted anything into government account for 3 months? This period is supposed to be our economic boom but the reverse is the case

I always travel to Benin Republic for projects. In 2017, I bought 10k cefa with 1k naira. Today, 10k ce fa is 10,050 naira and if you ask our govt, they'd say covid-19, economic recession war in Ukraine, blabla were responsible for the free fall of the naira, as if Benin Republic was better in economy than Nigeria. The dollar is going to 700 naira as predicted. We never see anything. I blame tinubu for our woes. Disgrace awaits him this week. Watch out.

My only worry is that, he has dented our image as a tribe already. Our elders warned him but because of his selfish ambition,he defied all those warnings.

11 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by NaijaCars4sale: 9:52pm On May 22, 2022
This might not be the way to go, as he still needs to push his own Innosson branded vehicles for now

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by jokerr(m): 9:54pm On May 22, 2022
jaxxy:

how much are those cars? They are too expensive and not as durable as the evergreen corolla of all ages and generations.
how are they expensive if a 2003 Corolla is 3m plus for tokunbo, which other old model ordinary car is sold for such amount? If it's not a performance car or luxury?

1 Like

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by jokerr(m): 9:57pm On May 22, 2022
From my personal experience I've used the so called Corolla and I must say I'd never use my money to buy that carton,not worth the price and as for durability and reliability, it all depends on the maintenance and the consistency of the owner , I've seen lots of corollas breakdown on the road nau. Sometimes people act like the car doesn't develop faults with it expensive parts , VW even has cheaper parts

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by jokerr(m): 9:58pm On May 22, 2022
Raydos:
Wetin dey pain me for here be say dem still dey sell motor of 2006 3.5-3.7million

what tha hell? Something that shouldn't be more than 50k, this country is a hell hole and an effed up place!
tbvh I blame Uber ,bolt for this tbh

1 Like

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by jaxxy(m): 10:00pm On May 22, 2022
jokerr:
how are they expensive if a 2003 Corolla is 3m plus for tokunbo, which other old model ordinary car is sold for such amount? If it's not a performance car or luxury?

how much is the cars u are talking about??
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by jokerr(m): 10:00pm On May 22, 2022
alizma:

Name them, don't just say it
ever heard of Hyundai accent, kia or Volkswagen?

3 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by jokerr(m): 10:02pm On May 22, 2022
jaxxy:

how much is the cars u are talking about??
you can get a decent Volkswagen for 2m -2.5m and it'll serve you better than that over used carton

1 Like

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by jokerr(m): 10:04pm On May 22, 2022
I feel like most Nigerians are to scared to explore, we are too comfortable with what we are told , there are more than 50 car companies in the world with more than 200 models of cars and we think it's just one that was produced in the early 2000's when we haven't gotten this advanced in tech that is the best?? Hahaha

9 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by AchichaMmuo: 10:04pm On May 22, 2022
ednut1:
Why are we so addicted to suffering in Nigeria. The 2022 Corolla rocks with many modern features

You are recommending a 2022 Toyota Corolla for a people who cannot comfortable afford 3.5million to buy a 16 year old model Toyota Corolla. Nigerians don't like suffering, but the Government are the ones directly imposing Suffering on the masses. As at 2014-15 that same Toyota Corolla '06 model was selling for about 2.1 - 2.5 million Naira, now them dey talk say e go still go up to 3.7, we Sabi suffer for this country true true

5 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by largeman4u(m): 10:05pm On May 22, 2022
I have a very clean 2008 Toyota Corolla banker used first body for 2.250m

Call Laja on 07033815252
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by jaxxy(m): 10:05pm On May 22, 2022
jokerr:
you can get a decent Volkswagen for 2m -2.5m and it'll serve you better than that over used carton

volkswagans are durable cars. I thought u were talking about these Brand-new cars that are all expensive and have no mid range price options.
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by wandyvirus(m): 10:07pm On May 22, 2022
Colonial Slave spotted. This time however an oriental slave. Innoson is not good enough for you but the hand downs from the orient.
Slave offering a suggestion to an emacipated industrialist through his slave hooded eyes.
Omo àlè játijàti!!!
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by matrixme(m): 10:09pm On May 22, 2022
It doesn't work like that. Corolla is a flagship model of Toyota, a competitive company so they can't exactly collaborate due to technicalities. Its just like saying Pepsi should join hands together with Coca-cola to produce Fanta.
Innoson should rather work harder to produce a car of similar design with Corolla with equally comparable ruggedity.
The company needs a better PR person anyway. Even Odogwu bitters has seen more publicity than any Innoson brand

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by delpee(f): 10:09pm On May 22, 2022
I think Elizade has an assembly plant for Toyota and JAC vehicles in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by ednut1(m): 10:10pm On May 22, 2022
AchichaMmuo:

You are recommending a 2022 Toyota Corolla for a people who cannot comfortable afford 3.5million to buy a 16 year old model Toyota Corolla. Nigerians don't like suffering, but the Government are the ones directly imposing Suffering on the masses. As at 2014-15 that same Toyota Corolla '06 model was selling for about 2.1 - 2.5 million Naira, now them dey talk say e go still go up to 3.7, we Sabi suffer for this country true true
not recommending it. But our obsession with this particular car is driving up the price and theft

5 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Trumann: 10:11pm On May 22, 2022
matrixme:
It doesn't work like that. Corolla is a flagship model of Toyota, a competitive company so they can't exactly collaborate due to technicalities. Its just like saying Pepsi should join hands together with Coca-cola to produce Fanta.
Innoson should rather work harder to produce a car of similar design with Corolla with equally comparable ruggedity.
The company needs a better PR person anyway. Even Odogwu bitters has seen more publicity than any Innoson brand

Odogwu bitters Is owned by a Lawyer. Innoson autos is owned by an illiterate.

3 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by AK481(m): 10:12pm On May 22, 2022
It's to get agreement for Toyota to supply the engine for innoson and innoson will brand it in his name .

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 10:13pm On May 22, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Driving out of most compounds in lagos will be hazardous to a 2014-22 Corolla sports, driving one in ikorodu is a death sentence to the car.

The 2003-8 model has sturdy body parts that don't fall off on slightest impact.

It's not always about how beautiful a car looks, keeping it that way can be an uphill task.
they don't know cool
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Paulplayy: 10:16pm On May 22, 2022
ednut1:
lol you are a die hard fan of this car. But its time for nigerian to move on from a 2003 car. We moved on from peugot 504
Gazuzz na oga for uber matters for lag.. He understands the value of that corolla
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by fotadmowmend(m): 10:17pm On May 22, 2022
nedekid:

We got to this point when some folks brought in the nomad as president.
A car I bought for $12k then shipped and cleared landed naija for ₦2.1m way back 2012. I need at least 8m to buy a car of similar price now.
I hear $is now 610.
I just got off the phone speaking with my banker about getting BTA, he says people have been on the queue for weeks and no hope to get unless I know the bank MD. That the forex cbn releases to their bank weekly cannot handle 10% of the forex bta demand for their customers. That month end, cbn will stop selling forex to banks so my best bet is to buy black market!
Where is all the $130 per barrel oil we are selling? Other oil producing countries are smiling to the bank, their currencies appreciating but ours is depreciating, we are going poorer.
Corolla someone was begging me to buy for 900k 3 years ago, I rejected as being an old car is now 3.3m!
No be juju be that?
Lols ....... Cars don't depreciate in value again in Nigeria ...... If you buy today at 1m, you will still sell at 1.8m after using for 1yr ....

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by vpaymoney(m): 10:19pm On May 22, 2022
Opisanoldman , I don't blame creating this thread
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by fotadmowmend(m): 10:22pm On May 22, 2022
GAZZUZZ:
There is no doubting the Ninth generation (E120, E130 ) Toyota Corolla is Nigeria's best selling vehicle, it is a car you will find on every street in the country.

It is rugged

It is easy fix

Easy to maintain

Excellent fuel economy

Excellent resale value after decades of use.

Sadly with the introduction of E-valuation (age restrictions) this very reliable vehicle will soon disappear from our lands as foreign used cars.

Currently a used 2006/7 goes for about ₦3.3-3.5m

In a few days prices will reach 3.6-3.7m (new tarrif)

I am just thinking out loud, our very own innoson could buy up patent and production lines for this discontinued vehicles and I am certain there is a ready market to absorb and possibly export to other African countries brand new units of this vehicle.

Just thinking out loud.

[color=#990000][/color] na only theory sir ..... Nigerians might not buy for 2 reasons
1. We value things imported from abroad more ......
2. The price . Since the car is for the mid-class people, buying a car at abt 7-8m would be difficult

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by LucemFerre: 10:24pm On May 22, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Sadly it's all plastic accessories on the palatstic bumpers with very low ground clearance.

If dem give you the 2 which one you go choose? Poverty na im dey worry all of una

1 Like

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by chaloskyx: 10:32pm On May 22, 2022
Are you normal? innoson is a Chinese company and Toyota is a Japanese brand there can be no partnership except through a merger or one acquires the other as they both compete to own a market share of the Nigerian car market. if you want cheap cars tell innoson to 1. reduce their price 2. build more rugged and reliable vehicles why would a well established brand like Toyota reduce their quality and brand by partnering with a less reliable name in the automotive industry.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Munzy14(m): 10:39pm On May 22, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Simplicity in design, availablity of used parts. Yes it is not a luxury car, but a very basic reliable car.

Kia/Hyundai are very reliable vehicles, but do not come close in technical know how and parts availablity.

The corolla was designed for the average Nigerian.
Only If They will understand you are coming from a professional angle.
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by flejnr2(f): 10:44pm On May 22, 2022
Holysax29:

I use Nissan Almera, the car dey gimme joy.
A lot of cars out there better than that corolla. The car is over hyped. Why not settle for 504 if na Cheap parts, economical and rugged u Dey find

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by GENES11S: 10:49pm On May 22, 2022
GAZZUZZ:
There is no doubting the Ninth generation (E120, E130 ) Toyota Corolla is Nigeria's best selling vehicle, it is a car you will find on every street in the country.

It is rugged

It is easy fix

Easy to maintain

Excellent fuel economy

Sadly with the introduction of E-valuation (age restrictions) this very reliable vehicle will soon disappear from our lands as foreign used cars.

I am just thinking out loud, our very own innoson could buy up patent and production lines for this discontinued vehicles and I am certain there is a ready market to absorb and possibly export to other African countries brand new units of this vehicle.

Just thinking out loud.

GAZZUZZ:

It is rugged

It is easy fix

Easy to maintain

Excellent fuel economy

Just thinking out loud.

Toyota doesn't do business that way. They will rather open a Toyota plant in Nigeria for such production than combine with other car brand in that way.

The best thing Innoson can do is to sign a deal with Toyota so that they (Toyota) will be producing engine for some of inoson vehicles. Mazda did the same thing with some of their product line.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Find Your Car and We Will Do The Rest! / Belarus Officials Storm Nigeria For Proforce Armoured Personnel Carriers (video) / California Fire: Toyota Honors Its Word, Delivers New 2018 Tundra To Hero(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.