Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,562 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla (42556 Views)

Innoson Has Started Manufacturing Heavy Duty Trucks From The New Plant (Video) / Why You Should Look Underneath Before Purchasing A Car / Inside Innoson Factory: From Production To Final Quality Check- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by mu2sa2: 7:19pm On May 22, 2022
Jerrysmallz:
If you buy push to start make sure you buy faraday key fob protector. Put your key inside at night and put am for your microwave. That way no transmission of radio waves for thieves to steal your car.
Either put the key in Faraday pouch OR in a microwave oven OR wrap in foil paper.
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by zabimaru: 7:28pm On May 22, 2022
Very nice idea.
This particular corolla has got the best cost to value ratio, even beating the previous year model because of its simplistic design and compatibility with Nigerian roads.
But my issue is with the price, if IVM decides to peg the price at 7-10m, will they employ the same techniques that make this corolla worthwhile? I highly doubt!

This corolla, when mated with OEM suspension parts will keep realizing more value than anticipated. The Honda, Kia, Hyundai and all other competitors cannot compete in terms of reliability and graceful ageing.

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by king406(m): 7:52pm On May 22, 2022
I curse this car every time i see it but good idea.

7 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by AKWATGOLD1(m): 8:00pm On May 22, 2022
Fantastic idea but not only corolla and other rugged car for Nigeria road made by America to conserve our foreign reserve. I think if Fg is involve I'm this arrangement it go a long way for Innoson and the country.
GAZZUZZ qpost=113061638:
There is no doubting the Ninth generation (E120, E130 ) Toyota Corolla is Nigeria's best selling vehicle, it is a car you will find on every street in the country.

It is rugged

It is easy fix

Easy to maintain

Excellent fuel economy

Excellent resale value after decades of use.

Sadly with the introduction of E-valuation (age restrictions) this very reliable vehicle will soon disappear from our lands as foreign used cars.

Currently a used 2006/7 goes for about ₦3.3-3.5m

In a few days prices will reach 3.6-3.7m (new tarrif)

I am just thinking out loud, our very own innoson could buy up patent and production lines for this discontinued vehicles and I am certain there is a ready market to absorb and possibly export to other African countries brand new units of this vehicle.

Just thinking out loud.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by bonnyhope: 8:44pm On May 22, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Driving out of most compounds in lagos will be hazardous to a 2014-22 Corolla sports, driving one in ikorodu is a death sentence to the car.

The 2003-8 model has sturdy body parts that don't fall off on slightest impact.

It's not always about how beautiful a car looks, keeping it that way can be an uphill task.

The old model Toyotas seems to be stronger than the new generation ones

In this our country Nigeria where roads are bad I will always go for the strong ones.

I don't want too much wahala

7 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by saints2(f): 9:14pm On May 22, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by nanavic: 9:15pm On May 22, 2022
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Lonelyhrt1(m): 9:16pm On May 22, 2022
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by cardoctor(m): 9:16pm On May 22, 2022
Let's go back to the stone ages then. This is 2022. Cars are flying now in some parts of the world.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by eherbal(m): 9:20pm On May 22, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Driving out of most compounds in lagos will be hazardous to a 2014-22 Corolla sports, driving one in ikorodu is a death sentence to the car.

The 2003-8 model has sturdy body parts that don't fall off on slightest impact.

It's not always about how beautiful a car looks, keeping it that way can be an uphill task.
must you always use ikorodu as a yard stick in your explanations. Ikorodu has become the butt of everyone's road jokes nowadays .ah ahn! Kilode?

4 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Gkay1(m): 9:21pm On May 22, 2022
To me, they don't need to partner any company now, let them produce their best

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Sobetter5: 9:21pm On May 22, 2022
When other countries are already working on flying cars and all.

Make we kuku go back to tortoise car days lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Thebig4: 9:22pm On May 22, 2022
The old corolla is still the best , next 10yrs that car will still be relevant.
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Aganju849: 9:22pm On May 22, 2022
GAZZUZZ:
There is no doubting the Ninth generation (E120, E130 ) Toyota Corolla is Nigeria's best selling vehicle, it is a car you will find on every street in the country.

It is rugged

It is easy fix

Easy to maintain

Excellent fuel economy

Sadly with the introduction of E-valuation (age restrictions) this very reliable vehicle will soon disappear from our lands as foreign used cars.

I am just thinking out loud, our very own innoson could buy up patent and production lines for this discontinued vehicles and I am certain there is a ready market to absorb and possibly export to other African countries brand new units of this vehicle.

Just thinking out loud.

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Trumann: 9:23pm On May 22, 2022
cardoctor:
Let's go back to the stone ages then. This is 2022. Cars are flying now in some parts of the world.

How many flying cars have you bought?
Leave theory and face practical.

But wait o. An electric-powered Corolla-type will be a mad hit. Probably sell it with its generator.

12 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Niom(m): 9:25pm On May 22, 2022
[url]Nice idea anyway[/url]
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Dottore: 9:26pm On May 22, 2022
gaby:
There are more fuel efficient, low maintenance, economy, and posher cars than the bland, over-hyped, and car-jack prone corolla.

Na the usual herd-mentality dey worry Nigerians with this Toyota craze.

Dem don make the car dey annoy person for road sef.
Your pain and frustrations have zero influences. Corolla holds there world record as the best selling car world wide past and present. Deal with that or hug a transformer. I dont drive it though. But I give honour to whom honour is due.

10 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Cutehector(m): 9:28pm On May 22, 2022
Eriokanmi:
True. Corolla body don turn plastics finish, not good for our terrain cos not every Nigerian road looks like the new alimosho or lekki roads. I hate their new models.

I wish Peugeot could be resuscitated. It still baffles me how we got to this point as a nation.
peugeot mehn.. I looooooooooove..

3 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by noskcid(m): 9:29pm On May 22, 2022
I hate this stupid car, like how on earth did this car gain popularity sef?

5 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by NamelessOGBENI(m): 9:32pm On May 22, 2022
NotBeenPaid:

We’re allergic to moving forward in this country.
grin grin grin
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by gaby(m): 9:32pm On May 22, 2022
Dottore:

Your pain and frustrations have zero influences. Corolla holds there world record as the best selling car world wide past and present. Deal with that or hug a transformer. I dont drive it though. But I give honour to whom honour is due.

What's this phlegm doing on my mention?

Come on go play with your peers on the sand dingy
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Eriokanmi: 9:34pm On May 22, 2022
Cutehector:
peugeot mehn.. I looooooooooove..
The slogan is...built for the Nigerian roads. I love it too cheesy

1 Like

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by akin9ja78(m): 9:35pm On May 22, 2022
If your car can’t be cheap in Nigeria then you are fraudulent
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by nedekid: 9:35pm On May 22, 2022
Eriokanmi:
True. Corolla body don turn plastics finish, not good for our terrain cos not every Nigerian road looks like the new alimosho or lekki roads. I hate their new models.

I wish Peugeot could be resuscitated. It still baffles me how we got to this point as a nation.
We got to this point when some folks brought in the nomad as president.
A car I bought for $12k then shipped and cleared landed naija for ₦2.1m way back 2012. I need at least 8m to buy a car of similar price now.
I hear $is now 610.
I just got off the phone speaking with my banker about getting BTA, he says people have been on the queue for weeks and no hope to get unless I know the bank MD. That the forex cbn releases to their bank weekly cannot handle 10% of the forex bta demand for their customers. That month end, cbn will stop selling forex to banks so my best bet is to buy black market!
Where is all the $130 per barrel oil we are selling? Other oil producing countries are smiling to the bank, their currencies appreciating but ours is depreciating, we are going poorer.
Corolla someone was begging me to buy for 900k 3 years ago, I rejected as being an old car is now 3.3m!
No be juju be that?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by jaxxy(m): 9:36pm On May 22, 2022
gaby:
There are more fuel efficient, low maintenance, economy, and posher cars than the bland, over-hyped, and car-jack prone corolla.

how much are those cars? They are too expensive and not as durable as the evergreen corolla of all ages and generations.

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by alizma: 9:36pm On May 22, 2022
gaby:

Name them, don't just say it
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by nedekid: 9:38pm On May 22, 2022
noskcid:
I hate this stupid car, like how on earth did this car gain popularity sef?
Nigerians have gotten poorer, so all then need now is something solid and rugged, cheap to maintain and holds its value, not luxury. Hence the corolla.

3 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Rebuke: 9:38pm On May 22, 2022
What brand or year of Mazda do yhu guys think is reliable?

Something that can make one dump Corolla, I want something not so common but strong and reliable.
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by katunboy: 9:42pm On May 22, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

It is rugged

It is easy fix

Easy to maintain

Excellent fuel economy

Just thinking out loud.

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Tyche(m): 9:47pm On May 22, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Sadly it's all plastic accessories on the palatstic bumpers with very low ground clearance.

Even the Kia/Hyundai someone quoted up there. Keke napep jammed my 2017 Xcent. My Xcent looked like it was beaten by Anthony Joshua

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Find Your Car and We Will Do The Rest! / Belarus Officials Storm Nigeria For Proforce Armoured Personnel Carriers (video) / California Fire: Toyota Honors Its Word, Delivers New 2018 Tundra To Hero(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.