Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,210 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla - Autos (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla (42546 Views)

Innoson Has Started Manufacturing Heavy Duty Trucks From The New Plant (Video) / Why You Should Look Underneath Before Purchasing A Car / Inside Innoson Factory: From Production To Final Quality Check- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Kfed4ril(m): 1:23pm On May 23, 2022
Eriokanmi:
True. Corolla body don turn plastics finish, not good for our terrain cos not every Nigerian road looks like the new alimosho or lekki roads. I hate their new models.

I wish Peugeot could be resuscitated. It still baffles me how we got to this point as a nation.

Guy you’re living in the rock. Haven’t you seen this new models of Peugeot? Mad ass cars
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by seunjungle1(m): 2:09pm On May 23, 2022
My own opinion is that I wish Innoson can make available an affordable vehicle that the price is in between #1,000,000-#1.5million for we less privileges in Nigeria.
Me self won get small car wey I go dey use dey cruise my wife and my son around when the need arrived.
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by doshiyad1: 2:18pm On May 23, 2022
gaby:
There are more fuel efficient, low maintenance, economy, and posher cars than the bland, over-hyped, and car-jack prone corolla.

Na the usual herd-mentality dey worry Nigerians with this Toyota craze.

Dem don make the car dey annoy person for road sef.

Asin........... i tell you, they even made me to dislike the sef mtcheeeeeeeeeeew make them park one corner joor.
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by GENES11S: 2:20pm On May 23, 2022
GloriousGbola:

that is where you may have missed it. Toyota may not trust innoson to build corollas to Toyota specs. that is how you have brand dilution. several brands have been destroyed in nigeria by partnerships with local retailers who cut corners.

the cars innoson assembles are rejected in all western markets. it is a testament to the build quality that people are using buying 15 year old versions models. what is the maximum age any Chinese or american car for that matter lasts?

The person I'm having conversations with has stated that it is not about building Corolla.

It is about buying their parts (engine) and using it to create a car similar to older days Corollas. The build specs is all Innoson not Toyota.

It's not build quality, it's car reliability. It is a real deal when it comes to automobiles. The Truth is some 15 year old Toyotas or Hondas seems to outlast newer vehicles from some other brand. Go and do the research if you don't know.

About the western market stuffs, Innoson should start at home first.

Try conquer Nigeria, then the rest of Africa in terms of Automobiles. It will entails building not just fancy products but products that can hold up for 15 to 20 years. Yes I mean it, that's the only reason people are going after Toyota and Honda. Africans are poor, No one want to waste scares resources (money) in fixing car upandan.

If Innoson could play it's politics well, they could be a major supplier of reliable Keke and mini cars to some of this poor African countries. Then fancy and reliable products to bigger African countries.

The thing is most of you guys like to kiss western and other white asses too much and give them credits they do not deserve. It's slave mentality.

Build your products well, start from your country. Expand to the rest of Africa. By the time you have major market in your continents, other car brand abroad will have to respect you. With respect comes other privileges.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by GloriousGbola: 3:14pm On May 23, 2022
GENES11S:

The person I'm having conversations with has stated that it is not about building Corolla.

It is about buying their parts (engine) and using it to create a car similar to older days Corollas. The build specs is all Innoson not Toyota.

It's not build quality, it's car reliability. It is a real deal when it comes to automobiles. The Truth is some 15 year old Toyotas or Hondas seems to outlast newer vehicles from some other brand. Go and do the research if you don't know.

About the western market stuffs, Innoson should start at home first.

Try conquer Nigeria, then the rest of Africa in terms of Automobiles. It will entails building not just fancy products but products that can hold up for 15 to 20 years. Yes I mean it, that's the only reason people are going after Toyota and Honda. Africans are poor, No one want to waste scares resources (money) in fixing car upandan.

If Innoson could play it's politics well, they could be a major supplier of reliable Keke and mini cars to some of this poor African countries. Then fancy and reliable products to bigger African countries.

The thing is most of you guys like to kiss western and other white asses too much and give them credits they do not deserve. It's slave mentality.

Build your products well, start from your country. Expand to the rest of Africa. By the time you have major market in your continents, other car brand abroad will have to respect you. With respect comes other privileges.

It is called planned obsolescence. Something Nigerians carry to the extreme which is why so many locally market products are gone in a year or less.

Every year, a new model of car is made. So.the older models are traded in or disposed of. This is what drives economies. And this incidentally is why Africa is a dumping ground for obsolete vehicles that have no more value to even the poorest of the west.

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by GloriousGbola: 3:16pm On May 23, 2022
Also, as others have said repeatedly, innoson does not make or design cars. Innoson sells rebagded Chinese. Cars

This has been discussed over and over on this platform

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by GENES11S: 3:38pm On May 23, 2022
GloriousGbola:

It is called planned obsolescence. Something Nigerians carry to the extreme which is why so many locally market products are gone in a year or less.

Every year, a new model of car is made. So.the older models are traded in or disposed of. This is what drives economies. And this incidentally is why Africa is a dumping ground for obsolete vehicles that have no more value to even the poorest of the west.

Das true.

Another thing that is true is the fact that Africans in generally cannot afford the new versions of these cars being produced.

You can add up a civil servant salary from start to retirement and it cannot buy a new 2022 or 2023 Toyota Corolla.

NOTE: Car manufacturing and sales takes time. Toyota and Honda took the long walk for them to be where they are today.

Innoson is trying but it is a time race, they need to do better and the government need to be very supportive.
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by GloriousGbola: 4:12pm On May 23, 2022
GENES11S:

Das true.

Another thing that is true is the fact that Africans in generally cannot afford the new versions of these cars being produced.

You can add up a civil servant salary from start to retirement and it cannot buy a new 2022 or 2023 Toyota Corolla.

NOTE: Car manufacturing and sales takes time. Toyota and Honda took the long walk for them to be where they are today.

Innoson is trying but it is a time race, they need to do better and the government need to be very supportive.

Sai Buhari. The real shit started in 2015 when customs duty was implemented and a brand new corolla jumped from 4m to 20m. Up till this time the late model corolla was the most popular car in VI. You woukd literally see a straight line of different colored corollas in your way to work. kiss cry cry
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Lillysbee: 5:58pm On May 23, 2022
Have you considered maintainance cost for Kia Rio??

flejnr2:
Na poverty and here say Dey worry us for this life, there are more and more new cars more efficient in economy than Corolla , Kia Rio is 10times even more economical tear rubber you go drive 8years before kazeem go near am and even rugged
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by flejnr2(f): 6:01pm On May 23, 2022
Lillysbee:

Have you considered maintainance cost for Kia Rio??

You see the problem, there is nothing in maintaining it, it hardly gets faulty self, I changed my a/c compressor for 25k imagine , compare that to a corolla

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by seangy4konji: 4:23pm On May 24, 2022
Motor weh don turn plastic finish the new ones/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Find Your Car and We Will Do The Rest! / Belarus Officials Storm Nigeria For Proforce Armoured Personnel Carriers (video) / California Fire: Toyota Honors Its Word, Delivers New 2018 Tundra To Hero(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.