Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla (42555 Views)

Innoson Has Started Manufacturing Heavy Duty Trucks From The New Plant (Video) / Why You Should Look Underneath Before Purchasing A Car / Inside Innoson Factory: From Production To Final Quality Check- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Honestfrend: 11:05pm On May 22, 2022
flejnr2:
Na poverty and here say Dey worry us for this life, there are more and more new cars more efficient in economy than Corolla , Kia Rio is 10times even more economical tear rubber you go drive 8years before kazeem go near am and even rugged

So na my best friend Kazeem u dey yeye like this!! cry cry
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Honestfrend: 11:07pm On May 22, 2022
grin grin
NotBeenPaid:

OP you forgot to add “Easy to Thief” & “Community Car” options in your list.
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by frowland(m): 11:08pm On May 22, 2022
nedekid:

We got to this point when some folks brought in the nomad as president.
A car I bought for $12k then shipped and cleared landed naija for ₦2.1m way back 2012. I need at least 8m to buy a car of similar price now.
I hear $is now 610.
I just got off the phone speaking with my banker about getting BTA, he says people have been on the queue for weeks and no hope to get unless I know the bank MD. That the forex cbn releases to their bank weekly cannot handle 10% of the forex bta demand for their customers. That month end, cbn will stop selling forex to banks so my best bet is to buy black market!
Where is all the $130 per barrel oil we are selling? Other oil producing countries are smiling to the bank, their currencies appreciating but ours is depreciating, we are going poorer.
Corolla someone was begging me to buy for 900k 3 years ago, I rejected as being an old car is now 3.3m!
No be juju be that?

Either your banker is a junior staff or he/she is completely clueless.
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by sirkenzi: 11:12pm On May 22, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Cruise control is available in 2003

Break hold

Blind spot light

That's all.

The rest as simple media accessories that can be installed on a 100k android system

Gazzuzz I have a Hyundai 2009 model for sale very clean for sale..
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by frowland(m): 11:17pm On May 22, 2022
Eriokanmi:
It's such an unfortunate situation my brother. I sold 10k usd last week for 597 and i was smiling. So $1 is now 610? Omo!

I always travel to Benin Republic for projects. In 2017, I bought 10k cefa with 1k naira. Today, 10k ce fa is 10,050 naira and ……

A country with a porous border, the bolded is actually a blessing in disguise.
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by frowland(m): 11:25pm On May 22, 2022
nedekid:

We got to this point when some folks brought in the nomad as president.
A car I bought for $12k then shipped and cleared landed naija for ₦2.1m way back 2012. I need at least 8m to buy a car of similar price now.
I hear $is now 610.

Corolla someone was begging me to buy for 900k 3 years ago, I rejected as being an old car is now 3.3m!
No be juju be that?

Secondly, devaluation discourages import and encourages export except that Nigeria exports next to nothing and import all manner of rubish.
I guess you wouldn’t want to buy that same car again? Yes that’s one advantage of devaluation.
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by nedekid: 11:28pm On May 22, 2022
frowland:

Secondly, devaluation discourages import and encourages export except that Nigeria exports next to nothing and import all manner of rubish.
I guess you wouldn’t want to buy that same car again? Yes that’s one advantage of devaluation.
So devaluation is good in your opinion?
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by nedekid: 11:29pm On May 22, 2022
frowland:

Ok, kindly introduce me to yours.
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by frowland(m): 11:31pm On May 22, 2022
nedekid:

So devaluation is good in your opinion?

In economics, nothing is good or bad. We only analyze their advantage and disadvantages within the context.
Regarding our french CFA border countries, devaluation dealt a huge blow to them, even at our own detriment.
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by SarkinYarki: 11:37pm On May 22, 2022
Mumu talk
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by stillseth: 11:46pm On May 22, 2022
Car wey the interipr no fine at all..
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Miyachi: 11:51pm On May 22, 2022
GENES11S:

Toyota doesn't do business that way. They will rather open a Toyota plant in Nigeria for such production than combine with other car brand in that way.

The best thing Innoson can do is to sign a deal with Toyota so that they (Toyota) will be producing engine for some of inoson vehicles. Mazda did the same thing with some of their product line.

Actually, they do.

GM sold rebadged Corollas under their Geo brand from the late 90's to early 2000s. The Pontiac Vibe is another rebadged Corolla. Toyota is also collaborating with Mazda (I think, the Mazda 2. Toyota sells it as the Yaris ia). They've collaborated with BMW and have their engine in the Supra, the list goes on.

If it is a good enough deal, they'll take it. But I don't think it's going to make any financial sense to them, the market for new cars is Nigeria is a niche one. It's going to be difficult to make it affordable and still make a profit.

5 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Jerrysmallz: 12:02am On May 23, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

It has

Air-conditioning
Airbags
Automatic transmission
Power assisted steering
You can install an Android audio system
Abs is optional

Do you really think anything special is in the 2020 model apart from a CVT transmission that will not make it to 200,000miles without breaking down?

Tell me 1 thing in the 2020 model that is new.

DRCC. No dey 2003. Safety sense 2.5
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Agugbadin: 12:13am On May 23, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Simplicity in design, availablity of used parts. Yes it is not a luxury car, but a very basic reliable car.

Kia/Hyundai are very reliable vehicles, but do not come close in technical know how and parts availablity.

The corolla was designed for the average Nigerian.

Kia/Hyundai are no match to Corolla, Corolla is much better. Kia/Hyundai parts are very expensive and are not easy to get. In terms of performance, and durability Toyota Corolla is the best.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by nothingzpoil: 12:26am On May 23, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Any push to start 2022 Toyota or Honda can be stolen anywhere in the world in 5-10mins, corollas are stolen because they are reliable .

Insure your car when you buy one.

But it CANT be stolen in Nigeria for now.
Naija car thieves so far are all ANALOG roadside-quack bandits.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Jerrysmallz: 12:33am On May 23, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

That method of theft is old sch now.

They literarily reprogram blank fob in 5mins. All they need to do is open the door wink

65% of car theft in Ontario according to CCTV is by signal amplifier best bet just put your car for garage
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by drmuchin: 12:50am On May 23, 2022
Explain how naira devaluation dealt a blow to Francophone countries.

frowland:

In economics, nothing is good or bad. We only analyze their advantage and disadvantages within the context.
Regarding our french CFA border countries, devaluation dealt a huge blow to them, even at our own detriment.
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by 12345baba(m): 12:58am On May 23, 2022
This scam of a car

1 Like

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by pargelenis(m): 1:00am On May 23, 2022
Maybe innoson should also go back to the 90s and start assembling 504 and 505.

5 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Olayetan(m): 1:07am On May 23, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Cruise control is available in 2003

Break hold

Blind spot light

That's all.

The rest as simple media accessories that can be installed on a 100k android system

Cruise control isn't available in 2003, guess they added that feature from 2005 upwards

1 Like

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by kpolli(m): 1:15am On May 23, 2022
GAZZUZZ:
There is no doubting the Ninth generation (E120, E130 ) Toyota Corolla is Nigeria's best selling vehicle, it is a car you will find on every street in the country.

It is rugged

It is easy fix

Easy to maintain

Excellent fuel economy

Excellent resale value after decades of use.

Sadly with the introduction of E-valuation (age restrictions) this very reliable vehicle will soon disappear from our lands as foreign used cars.

Currently a used 2006/7 goes for about ₦3.3-3.5m

In a few days prices will reach 3.6-3.7m (new tarrif)

I am just thinking out loud, our very own innoson could buy up patent and production lines for this discontinued vehicles and I am certain there is a ready market to absorb and possibly export to other African countries brand new units of this vehicle.

Just thinking out loud.

Discontinued? Who said the Toyota Corolla is discontinued?
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by FEGNO: 1:23am On May 23, 2022
SocialJustice:
Travel to Anambra with a presentation. What I don't like about Nigerian businessmen though is he can say he's not interested and start doing it without you involved.

Exactly

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Creamypie(m): 1:48am On May 23, 2022
Eriokanmi:
True. Corolla body don turn plastics finish, not good for our terrain cos not every Nigerian road looks like the new alimosho or lekki roads. I hate their new models.

I wish Peugeot could be resuscitated. It still baffles me how we got to this point as a nation.
that 505/504 models eh....very great
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by GloriousGbola: 2:01am On May 23, 2022
GAZZUZZ:
There is no doubting the Ninth generation (E120, E130 ) Toyota Corolla is Nigeria's best selling vehicle, it is a car you will find on every street in the country.

It is rugged

It is easy fix

Easy to maintain

Excellent fuel economy

Excellent resale value after decades of use.

Sadly with the introduction of E-valuation (age restrictions) this very reliable vehicle will soon disappear from our lands as foreign used cars.

Currently a used 2006/7 goes for about ₦3.3-3.5m

In a few days prices will reach 3.6-3.7m (new tarrif)

I am just thinking out loud, our very own innoson could buy up patent and production lines for this discontinued vehicles and I am certain there is a ready market to absorb and possibly export to other African countries brand new units of this vehicle.

Just thinking out loud.

I doubt if the dollar price of the corolla has gone up over the years. Ie the actual price of a corolla in 2003 should be the same as the price in 2021.

The cost of the corolla in Nigeria is a terrible indictment of this administration.

In 2006/2007 a lot of workers were buying 2002/2003 cars as their first cars. Today they are looking at the 2005/2006 cars.

The corrola demand is because of ride hailing. Which in turn comes back to Buharis mishandling of the economy - where ride hailing that should be a side hustle is now keeping body and soul together

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by InvertedHammer: 2:37am On May 23, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

@7-10m it's a good deal getting a brand new innoson Corolla 2003-8
/
There is no such thing as Brand New Corolla 2003-08. Car companies move forward in design and technology.

The best Innoson can do is reverse engineering like the Chinese and create a replica. But Nigerians will still tag it a low budget Corolla.

/

1 Like

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Nobody: 3:44am On May 23, 2022
frowland:

No he is saying the real truth. Bro to get BTA is so bad now, this is really bad am telling you.
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Nobody: 3:48am On May 23, 2022
Miyachi:

Actually, they do.

GM sold rebadged Corollas under their Geo brand from the late 90's to early 2000s. The Pontiac Vibe is another rebadged Corolla. Toyota is also collaborating with Mazda (I think, the Mazda 2. Toyota sells it as the Yaris ia). They've collaborated with BMW and have their engine in the Supra, the list goes on.

If it is a good enough deal, they'll take it. But I don't think it's going to make any financial sense to them, the market for new cars is Nigeria is a niche one. It's going to be difficult to make it affordable and still make a profit.

Yeah it is a tough sell for them, the purchasing power in Nigeria is low and Toyota being who dey are as per quality standard would see this as not making any business sense to them as in a bid to make it affordable would lead them to compromise on quality standards

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by maco22(m): 3:49am On May 23, 2022
Good Idea,

Some auto manufacturers in some countries do this already.

All He needs is to get an engine manufacturing company that Toyota also uses in India or China and follow the Toyota Quality system. Other parts and components can also be done the same way. He can decide to use the same body or get another body and advertise it as having Toyota engines and components which other companies like Pontiac and GM are doing.
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Sobetter5: 3:50am On May 23, 2022
Honestly, anyone that is still saying corolla is easy to maintain this days doesn't know what is going on now. To even get original follow come part for corolla now is not assured.

They have refurbished all corolla parts, most of what they now sell as the tokunbo parts are Nigerian used parts that were repaired, yet still very expensive.

Planning to sell my Corolla and get Hyundai Elantra 08/09

7 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Gominami(f): 5:02am On May 23, 2022
For your USA, German and Canada work visa with 100% assurance, call 09164595441 for your visa processing and permit details. Talk to us at Zeemah travels and tours.
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by benalvino3: 5:14am On May 23, 2022
femmygold:

It can be remodelled a bit for Nigerians

It can't be. It will by like buying aba knockoff of an original product

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Find Your Car and We Will Do The Rest! / Belarus Officials Storm Nigeria For Proforce Armoured Personnel Carriers (video) / California Fire: Toyota Honors Its Word, Delivers New 2018 Tundra To Hero(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.