Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,490 members, 7,850,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:49 AM

Lagos Develops Off-Grid Electrification Strategy, Action Plan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Develops Off-Grid Electrification Strategy, Action Plan (15663 Views)

Profile Of Doris Uboh Ogunkoya, Executive Director Rural Electrification Fund / Tinubu To Present Action Plan To Private Sector Leaders In Lagos / FG Seeks End To Statelessness, Launches National Action Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Develops Off-Grid Electrification Strategy, Action Plan by pricklewane: 12:50pm On May 24, 2022
Tinubu the visionary.
Once Nigeria miss this opportunity, it is doomed forever but maybe when Fashola Akpabio is ready sha but those selling a failure with a single signature project after 8 years of misrule, endemic looting into his daughter's Pandora account, regular weekly looting of over N250 million from Anambra state Treasury need to have their head examined.

Re: Lagos Develops Off-Grid Electrification Strategy, Action Plan by SouthWestBlood(m): 12:51pm On May 24, 2022
organicfoods:
Electricity monopoly by the federal government is about to come to abrupt end. All of our energy sectors are enshrined in mega fraud from generation to distribution,...

where the consumer suffers all the effects like paying or erecting energy infrastructures they can’t own and still rewarded with unavailable light and bills for light not used.

I was flabbergasted when my neighbours told me how our estate signed off all electric wires and transformers to IKEDC. Meanwhile, the estate is the one that buys wires, poles, transformers and every other thing required. Fraud

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Develops Off-Grid Electrification Strategy, Action Plan by tollyboy5(m): 12:53pm On May 24, 2022
Way to go
Re: Lagos Develops Off-Grid Electrification Strategy, Action Plan by ogododo: 12:54pm On May 24, 2022
Mikolo70:

Keep quiet... Olodo

Wetin u sabi, dem still dey feed you.
Re: Lagos Develops Off-Grid Electrification Strategy, Action Plan by SmartyPants(m): 12:58pm On May 24, 2022
Wait a minute - anything power supply is the sole preserve of the federal government, courtesy of the exclusive legislative list. What is going on here?
Re: Lagos Develops Off-Grid Electrification Strategy, Action Plan by Opeyemic01: 12:58pm On May 24, 2022
Thinktwicemybro:
Only one man can save this nation.

Join the alliance, don't be left behind.

This is funny, I don't see Kwankwanso forming a party with his massive structure only for him to be a VP to PO. PO doesn't have a structure, save for us social media campaigners and advocators, who think he is the best for the job, but for Kwankwanso to be a VP, I don't see it happening

1 Like

Re: Lagos Develops Off-Grid Electrification Strategy, Action Plan by Funflipper: 12:59pm On May 24, 2022
AdmissionTipz:
Nice one from lagos .... I feel lagos is kinda different because no matter who you are , once elected as governor, you will be forced to work... You dont have choice, maybe coz lagosians keep on pressuring them to work ..... But still yet, i did not say they dont embezzle money as well coz we all know of one guy like that .... I dont want to mention name...

That aside, abeg ,come to my aid.... Your boy never chop since money, there is no money with me at the moment, pls help me with small change make i use am fill stomach , we are all human abeg..... Let me too survive today. Thank you ..... Z.en th 24.644 .69 .399

Instead of Nigerians to give the person that made it possible a chance to replicate the same thing at the national level, they have chosen to nail him to the cross for no just cause.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Develops Off-Grid Electrification Strategy, Action Plan by Bizibi(m): 1:04pm On May 24, 2022
Is Delta State cursed Even obaseki is making effort in that area,what is wrong with my leaders in that state.
Re: Lagos Develops Off-Grid Electrification Strategy, Action Plan by anonimi: 1:06pm On May 24, 2022
AdmissionTipz:
Nice one from lagos .... I feel lagos is kinda different because no matter who you are , once elected as governor, you will be forced to work... You dont have choice, maybe coz lagosians keep on pressuring them to work ..... But still yet, i did not say they dont embezzle money as well coz we all know of one guy like that .... I dont want to mention name...

That aside, abeg ,come to my aid.... Your boy never chop since money, there is no money with me at the moment, pls help me with small change make i use am fill stomach , we are all human abeg..... Let me too survive today. Thank you ..... Z.en th 24.644 .69 .399

Low expectations of public officers killing lazy youths with hunger since 1914.
Thiefnuibu and his boys forced to work in stealing or in doing what exactly since they have failed to employ enough teachers and other workers to have every child in schools and provide other essential government services to the people?
Don't we deserve our BS existence in this hell hole

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Develops Off-Grid Electrification Strategy, Action Plan by anonimi: 1:07pm On May 24, 2022
Funflipper:
Instead of Nigerians to give the person that made it possible a chance to replicate the same thing at the national level, they have chosen to nail him to the cross for no just cause.

Do you think you are in the comedy section, or what is this joke of a comment about

1 Like

Re: Lagos Develops Off-Grid Electrification Strategy, Action Plan by anonimi: 1:09pm On May 24, 2022
pricklewane:
Tinubu the visionary.
Once Nigeria miss this opportunity, it is doomed forever but maybe when Fashola Akpabio is ready sha but those selling a failure with a single signature project after 8 years of misrule, endemic looting into his daughter's Pandora account, regular weekly looting of over N250 million from Anambra state Treasury need to have their head examined.

Thiefnuibu visionary of reckless looting?
Is that a visionary or a blind man

1 Like

Re: Lagos Develops Off-Grid Electrification Strategy, Action Plan by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 24, 2022
Very laudable... good one. Eko O'ni baje.
Re: Lagos Develops Off-Grid Electrification Strategy, Action Plan by Funflipper: 1:13pm On May 24, 2022
anonimi:

Do you think you are in the comedy section, or what is this joke of a comment about

The joke is on you.
Re: Lagos Develops Off-Grid Electrification Strategy, Action Plan by diplomat058(m): 1:20pm On May 24, 2022
Do you have stats to support your delusion? Tell me any other state in the South that has a GDP greater than Ogun and Oyo states, apart from Lagos and Rivers. I will wait
Freeko4:
Lagos is the only South west state that is developing steadily. Nice one
Re: Lagos Develops Off-Grid Electrification Strategy, Action Plan by COMPAQ(m): 1:45pm On May 24, 2022
Oluwabash:
https://thenationonlineng.net/lagos-develops-off-grid-electrification-strategy/amp/

Where is the strategy in this now!? Just high level gist is now strategy abi?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Develops Off-Grid Electrification Strategy, Action Plan by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 24, 2022
Peter Odili started similar project in Rivers State about 20 years ago, so Lagos won't be the first.
In Rivers State, as a matter of fact, 3 gas turbines were constructed, nearing completion. The problem they faced was the law requirement that nobody can supply power to any area covered by the national grid. This embargo has just being lifted, so I believe Rivers State will soon get back into action.

Though a good development for Lagos, this write-up doesn't tell how it will be achieved, only just formulating policies. Serious governments will tell you how much Solar power generation, or gas turbines, proposed sites, distribution methods, future expansion, etc. I don't celebrate mediocrity. We need leaders that can think at the speed of light!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Develops Off-Grid Electrification Strategy, Action Plan by Enumerator(m): 2:09pm On May 24, 2022
L@gos is Nigeria and Nigeria is Lagos
olamidedivotee:
Lagos is way more develop than the other states in Nigeria.

But when will Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company, give us the prepaid that was promised?

Hire me to write quality contents for your blog or brand.
Re: Lagos Develops Off-Grid Electrification Strategy, Action Plan by techWriter3: 2:11pm On May 24, 2022
politicians and his girls not doin marvels
Re: Lagos Develops Off-Grid Electrification Strategy, Action Plan by Walz001: 2:20pm On May 24, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Another campaign strategy loading. We don wise pass this stage, 4th mainland bridge never start since 1999. They'd still mention it next year in their usual 5D display. Never again!

Wont believe its campaign broo because if not for obansanjo Lagos would be provinding Energy for west by now but fg wont accept it
Soon it will be physically achieved
Re: Lagos Develops Off-Grid Electrification Strategy, Action Plan by Eriokanmi: 2:32pm On May 24, 2022
Walz001:

Wont believe its campaign broo because if not for obansanjo Lagos would be provinding Energy for west by now but fg wont accept it
Soon it will be physically achieved
I remember the Enron IPP during Tinubu govt. Do you know without connecting to the Nepa grid, the project would have still sailed through? Tinubu himself knew that his approach to Enron was a wrong one. It was purely a campaign strategy. If he really meant it back then, he doesn't even need a single Nepa pole or national grid to connect cables. Cables could have been run underground, just as seen in civilised cities in the world today, including some major parts of abuja. The national grid wey belong to the federal government go dey serve their customer jeeje, while the IPP would have also been serving lagosians jeeje, just the VGC power company is doing in ajah and some lekki axis, supplying electricity to homes. The fed govt doesn't have power over them.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Develops Off-Grid Electrification Strategy, Action Plan by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:01pm On May 24, 2022
AdmissionTipz:
Nice one from lagos .... [s]I feel lagos is kinda different because no matter who you are , once elected as governor, you will be forced to work... You dont have choice[/s], maybe coz lagosians keep on pressuring them to work ..... But still yet, i did not say they dont embezzle money as well coz we all know of one guy like that .... I dont want to mention name...

If PDP takes over lagos, lagos will become like other useless States. Mark my words.
Re: Lagos Develops Off-Grid Electrification Strategy, Action Plan by Gben5: 3:08pm On May 24, 2022
Rastaramsey:
First FTC today
All Thanks to the Colorado that kept awake and jonsing grin
The power sector will always be senseless and foolish as long as we still dey UAR grin grin

Small breeze wey blow yesterday, NEPA run carry light
Come dey bring am after the breeze stop...

Nigeria jagajaga grin grin

We dey sell light give Ghana
And their own light don dey standa for more than 15 years now....

This shit shouldn't be regarded as progress...
na for where you get that your stupid information from... Nigeria no dey sell light give Ghana get information right....
Re: Lagos Develops Off-Grid Electrification Strategy, Action Plan by Cromagnon: 3:24pm On May 24, 2022
Poloyanabo2:
This is a working and proactive government,

Not like one noisemaker in Rivers state only commissioning 5km roads and outdated flyover designs,
This man sanwo olu is thinking outside the box,

If not for one thing, i would have endorsed Tinubu for president.
what is one thing that other politician are not guilty of. Na just bad bele de worry una
Re: Lagos Develops Off-Grid Electrification Strategy, Action Plan by AKWATGOLD1(m): 3:46pm On May 24, 2022
All these oyinbo too much about Off-Grid Electrification Strategy and Action Plan. Lagos should inform lagosians how much the off-grid solar power equipment will cost on grade by grade.
Re: Lagos Develops Off-Grid Electrification Strategy, Action Plan by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 24, 2022
AdmissionTipz:

Bro Edo and delta also have off grid plans too. This is not special

1 Like

Re: Lagos Develops Off-Grid Electrification Strategy, Action Plan by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 24, 2022
Poloyanabo2:
This is a working and proactive government,

Not like one noisemaker in Rivers state only commissioning 5km roads and outdated flyover designs,
This man sanwo olu is thinking outside the box,

If not for one thing, i would have endorsed Tinubu for president.

Bros Delta is already implementing off grid plans too. Lagos came to the party late
Re: Lagos Develops Off-Grid Electrification Strategy, Action Plan by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 24, 2022
Lagosfinder:
Lagos leads others follow

Dude delta had started theirs since last year Lagos came late to the party
Re: Lagos Develops Off-Grid Electrification Strategy, Action Plan by mfm04622: 5:49pm On May 24, 2022
organicfoods:
Electricity monopoly by the federal government is about to come to abrupt end. All of our energy sectors are enshrined in mega fraud from generation to distribution,...

where the consumer suffers all the effects like paying or erecting energy infrastructures they can’t own and still rewarded with unavailable light and bills for light not used.

Meanwhile See how you can multiply your Ugu seedlings from one seed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-WwF7YcAo8

Buhari's govt made the law that made this possible. So commend Buhari for once!
Re: Lagos Develops Off-Grid Electrification Strategy, Action Plan by Poloyanabo2(m): 7:00pm On May 24, 2022
obynzo:

Bros Delta is already implementing off grid plans too. Lagos came to the party late
Better late than to be unfortunate like a certain Rivers state being governed by a senile person.
Re: Lagos Develops Off-Grid Electrification Strategy, Action Plan by organicfoods(m): 9:09pm On May 24, 2022
mfm04622:

Buhari's govt made the law that made this possible. So commend Buhari for once!
Intresting...is this really an achievement to be commended, so sad.
Re: Lagos Develops Off-Grid Electrification Strategy, Action Plan by mfm04622: 9:32pm On May 24, 2022
organicfoods:
Intresting...is this really an achievement to be commended, so sad.

1. You said something is good.
2. Shouldn't the person that did the good thing be praised?

What is sad about this?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Are Neither Terrorists Nor Bandits: NNPP to report Justice Anya to NJC / Jonathan Disowns Comment On 2019 elections / Arresting Nwosu In Church Unacceptable, CAN Tells Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.