Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,929 members, 7,810,582 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce That They Are Splitting. - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce That They Are Splitting. (10228 Views)

Cool FM OAP Freeze Now Engaged After Splitting From Ex-wife - See Pictures / Jennifer Lopez And Daughter, Emme, At Paris Fashion Week / Mariah Carey, Beyonce Knowles, Jennifer Lopez: Who Is Most Beautiful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce That They Are Splitting. by folahann(m): 5:14pm On Jul 16, 2011
So what do we do now?
Re: Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce That They Are Splitting. by NatGas(m): 5:53pm On Jul 16, 2011
The end of another CONTRACT MARRIAGE!!!
But some how I like their pattern of marriage.if its not working they split and every body go their way.Unlike what we have here where the women are been molested and treated like slaves in their matrimonial home, simply because the husband is tired.
Here u hear things like the woman "no where for the woman to go" so make she die first?
Re: Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce That They Are Splitting. by stunna2(m): 6:03pm On Jul 16, 2011
what the Bleep was she doing with him anyways, ugly sperm donor?? who though it would last till the end and who cares - does anyone here, because i certainly dont!!! wtf
Re: Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce That They Are Splitting. by Afam4eva(m): 6:05pm On Jul 16, 2011
At least they've tried according to Hollywood standard. They've been married for how many years now?
Re: Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce That They Are Splitting. by mamagee3(f): 6:29pm On Jul 16, 2011
I thought they already broke up years ago. . . shocked shocked shocked

And I thought Marc Anthony was dating a spanish lady or something.

Oh well rumours are everywhere!!!
Re: Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce That They Are Splitting. by ShyOne(f): 6:37pm On Jul 16, 2011
Both have hopped around - he is a divorcee and so is she - they met and married each other - divorcee marrying divorcee

oh well - so what

what bothered me about the two of them is that when i see Marc Anthony - what struck me about him is that he holds his lips and head in a "petulant manner"  looks like a male diva and he looks feminine to me - not masculine at all.  Looks like a complainer and looks totally spoiled.

Jennifer looked the same.  Both perfectionist.  I thought she chose him because of the pressure to marry her own kind - nationality and star. She took alot of negative hits behind the P-diddy connection.

From day one they never looked like they belonged together.  However, they spent money like it was water lavishing each other like no tomorrow.

Have always thought they would end up divorced.  Just wondering which would outshine the other first and which would be the most insecure about it.  If they could, I bet the walls would talk in that household.

Can you imagine the screaming that goes on between those 2 divas?  [shy-one covering ears]
Re: Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce That They Are Splitting. by kyensco87(m): 6:38pm On Jul 16, 2011
Re: Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce That They Are Splitting. by Afam4eva(m): 6:45pm On Jul 16, 2011
mama-gee:

Yes they did break up. But came back 2gether.
Re: Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce That They Are Splitting. by Ivynwa(f): 6:47pm On Jul 16, 2011
Gbenge 77:

Goodluck to them.

Yeah boy, whatever makes them happy.

slymm:

Nothing strange here, just another divorce. It has nothing to do with the West and their ways, culture, tradition and the fear of what people will say is the only glue keeping a million and one Nigerian marriages together. The institution of marriage is a failed one, but as a friend of mine will say, 'marriages are like planes, you only hear about the ones that crash'. Good luck to those keeping their marriages and vows in tip top shape.

Your friend sounds right there, yes the couples going healthy at their marriage must be congratulated. It's not easy to play house with somebody else that is different from you.

kandiikane:

^^^Nah, I think it is pdiddy. . You know what they say "once you go black blah blah blah" ke ke ke

Black is beautiful Ojare, black is so Guinnessy!  grin grin grin
Why is everybody now saying that Diddy was somewhere hanging around the block?? The muke muke we are hearing online is that it may be a "control" issue with the two being two persons that like to be in control.  

Pafuri:

Such sad news that will have a deep impact on us. I am drowning in my own tears cry cry cry grin grin grin
Now I know how Nairalanders spend their Saturdays sad sad sad
Shouldn't you people be doing weekend cleaning, or fixing things in the house, or going grocery shopping/cooking for next week? Oh, I forgot you spend Sundays praising "Baba God" and the various "Overseers" and ""Mothers in Israel". Cant you take the kids on an outing, or the wife, the husband, the concubine? Isn't it time to go to the village to see the ancient ones? Can't you all get second jobs for Saturday and Sunday: landscaping, cleaning other people's  houses, tutoring kids whose education has been stunted because the rich politicians need a huge pool of housegirls/drivers/gatemen/security guards and other slaves in various guises? And these are your children too! Can't you make this a day, just one day, when you organize community cleaning without the State shutting down your lives for "Sanitation Day", thereby indirectly saying that you are irresposible, treating you like a bunch of elementary school kids, and worse infringing on your rights and freedoms. How about making it a day out for all the children in the neighborhood to come out, play various sports under adult supervision? But what do I know?
NA WA O!

Paturi did you say that we must go and visit the ANCIENT ones in the village as today is saturday. Chineke m-e-e. Ancient ones??  grin grin
I no even fit read your whole saturday "must-do" list for us. Thanks for your sweet suggestions by the way.

cap28:

grin grin grin grin grin sis you just dey give me jokes here!!!

no, J lo is a female player, she's not a serious person, cant you see how she just dey deal with guys left and right?

this marc anthony gave up on a perfectly good marriage for her and look at how she just used and dumped him.

In my honest opinion the only man she really loved was Ben Affleck, but Ben's family didnt like her, if you look at pics she took with him watch her body language, she seemed happy and relaxed with him whereas he seemed unsure, with the other guys she seemed as if she was faking.
anyway i wish her all the best, she's a good looking woman and goodlooking women rarely spend long grieving over their exes .

You mean that Marc divorced his  former wifey to be with Lopez? I hope what went around isn't coming back around to bite him?
Abeg leave lopez Cappy, a beautiful celebrity lady has got to do what a beautiful celebrity lady got to do.

Btzzk:

Don't be surprise, she has test someone’s rod and she find it very sweet. Did anyone ever care to know how many men she has got involve with in her life time so many? That’s American way of life for celebrity.

G-e-e-s you mean say something may be sweetening jennifer lopez's life and making her feel jolly jolly. Na im she wan dump Mr. Marc run the way Brad Pitt run after Jolie, wetin those people dey put for their things sef wey dey attract others like that. Na honey?? grin grin abi na special oyibo juju?

tlops:

Jenny , I am waiting with open legs,
You and Corky must hatch your plans together, I hope you both don't end up being J.Lo's gatemen  grin grin. Now I must behave myself.

ak47mann:

jenny Lopez don old nah tongue tongue make she take am easy from hoping from one d.i.c.k to another tongue tongue

AKman  tongue tongue tongue
She is old but hotter than you, haven't you heard that she is the hottest thing in town right now. Dey there dey talk your own.

NatGas:

The end of another CONTRACT MARRIAGE!!!
But some how I like their pattern of marriage.if its not working they split and every body go their way.Unlike what we have here where the women are been molested and treated like slaves in their matrimonial home, simply because the husband is tired.
Here u hear things like the woman "no where for the woman to go" so make she die first?

I agree to some extent, Marriage is beautiful if associated with the "together,forever" line, I mean the two person involved work at things knowing that they are wading all challenges together. Splitting/divorce does have its disadvantages and advantages. Kids sometimes suffer from their parents' separation but all in all it is one life we 've all got to live. We can as well live it being around the Pips that make us happy instead of having a lifetime of sorrow with Pips we are not compatible with.
I use to make mouth that my people (Nigerians) take their marriages serious and hardly divorces but I have come to realize that a lot of people are unhappy in their marriages but lack the courage to tear away and start afresh. Some are just too dependent to want to go work and take care of themselves, some are scared of what the society will say while some are even too scared of their bullying spouses to dare to leave. Methinks people are better off sickening relationships be it marriage or any form of alignment.
Re: Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce That They Are Splitting. by mamagee3(f): 6:53pm On Jul 16, 2011
afam4eva:

Yes they did break up. But came back 2gether.
Thanks for clarifying!!!
Re: Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce That They Are Splitting. by Afam4eva(m): 6:57pm On Jul 16, 2011
mama-gee:

Thanks for clarifying!!!

You're welcome.
Re: Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce That They Are Splitting. by montelik(m): 6:57pm On Jul 16, 2011
[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60W2aLDqGmg?version=3&hl=en_US" type=">[/flash]

Guess we will be hearing a new version of this song with a number 5.  smiley
Re: Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce That They Are Splitting. by ragdollz: 7:03pm On Jul 16, 2011
Well well! I knew she was on the REBOUND from BEN AFFLECK!!! She never recovered after that mega hearbreak! So she ran to the safety of marriage to Marc Anthony. They just didn't seem to match. She's like too much for him. She needs an older, more interesting and established guy. Look at Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt. They match and are matured-minded. Sort of.
Re: Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce That They Are Splitting. by MMM2(m): 7:07pm On Jul 16, 2011
So where is p diddy angry
Re: Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce That They Are Splitting. by ragdollz: 7:40pm On Jul 16, 2011
Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce Split

Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony have released a statement announcing they are separating after marrying seven years ago.

In a joint statement, reported on People.com, they say: "We have decided to end our marriage. This was a very difficult decision. We have come to an amicable conclusion on all matters."

They continue: "It is a painful time for all involved and we appreciate the respect of our privacy at this time."

The couple married in June 2004 and have 3-year-old twins, Emme and Max.

Look back at their marriage in pictures with us.

We’re shocked by this news and hope J-Lo and Marc each find happiness in the future.

[size=5pt]http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/news/jennifer-lopez-marc-anthony-announce-split-052305445.html[/size]
Re: Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce That They Are Splitting. by kandiikane(m): 7:42pm On Jul 16, 2011
Imagine the long list of celebs who will go "yeah I tapped that"
Re: Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce That They Are Splitting. by Ivynwa(f): 7:43pm On Jul 16, 2011
afam4eva:

At least they've tried according to Hollywood standard. They've been married for how many years now?

Yeah boy!
mama-gee:

Mama Gee must always add her gagalicious bend to things, you mean that Marcy is jollying with some spanish woman. I remember seeing him been made fun of in a magazine and people laughing at him wondering what happened to his *-s-s and whether J.Lo sucked away all the fat in his *-s-s into hers. Lol grin grin

Shy-One:

Both have hopped around - he is a divorcee and so is she - they met and married each other - divorcee marrying divorcee

oh well - so what
what bothered me about the two of them is that when i see Marc Anthony - what struck me about him is that he holds his lips and head in a "petulant manner"  looks like a male diva and he looks feminine to me - not masculine at all.  Looks like a complainer and looks totally spoiled.
Jennifer looked the same.  Both perfectionist.  I thought she chose him because of the pressure to marry her own kind - nationality and star. She took alot of negative hits behind the P-diddy connection.
From day one they never looked like they belonged together.  However, they spent money like it was water lavishing each other like no tomorrow.
Have always thought they would end up divorced.  Just wondering which would outshine the other first and which would be the most insecure about it.  If they could, I bet the walls would talk in that household.
Can you imagine the screaming that goes on between those 2 divas?  [shy-one covering ears]

Hi Shy one,
Yeah girl better cover your ears real tight. It sure may not be easy having two moguls sitting at the helm of affairs in a house which is why he made us man and woman in the first place with a woman being more on the side of submissiveness.
Yes Anthony does have this far-away look of an addict, but they are all the unique things that make him up. Methinks he is still cute in his own way.

@Monteliks
Thanks for your song

ragdollz:

Well well! I knew she was on the REBOUND from BEN AFFLECK!!! She never recovered after that mega hearbreak! So she ran to the safety of marriage to Marc Anthony. They just didn't seem to match. She's like too much for him. She needs an older, more interesting and established guy. Look at Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt. They match and are matured-minded. Sort of.

Okay you think Jolie and Pitt are match made in heaven, wait till another Lekpa Shandy catches Pitt's eyes and away he flies again. I don't wish Jolie bad though with her bunches of sweet kids, they need their father around.

M M M:

So where is p diddy angry

Nnaa amakwanu m? (Do I know?) but they said he has been hanging around Jenny's block all along.  grin grin grin
Ask Mr. Denzel and Kandiikane
Where is that Kandiikane boy/girl (which is it now?). I am still coming to deal with him/her (Oh well whatever it is, even if na haemophrodite sef) Lol.  grin  Please who knows Kandi"s gender? I have been referring to him/her as a woman but I am beginning to think that the reverse may be the case.
Re: Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce That They Are Splitting. by ak47mann(m): 7:45pm On Jul 16, 2011
@ivynwa
don't insult pretty young girls out there pls,J lo is not hotter than me are you ok undecided that old wrinkle thing self who wan touch am their are so many fine women better than her 1 billion times are you blind angry angry
Re: Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce That They Are Splitting. by anishe(m): 7:45pm On Jul 16, 2011
[b], Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony say they will divorce[/b]By Frazer Harrison | AFP – 9 hours ago
, tweet6EmailPrint, Related Content.
Enlarge Photo.Singers Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony, pictured in Beverly Hills in 2010, will …

Enlarge Photo.Musicians Steven Tyler (L) and Jennifer Lopez speak onstage during the 'American …
, Superstar singer and actress Jennifer Lopez will split with her musician and actor husband, Marc Anthony, after seven years of marriage, the couple revealed to People magazine in a joint statement Friday.

"This was a very difficult decision. We have come to an amicable conclusion on all matters," they said in the statement.

The couple had dated briefly in the 1990s and then rekindled their romance in 2004. They were married in a June 2004 secret ceremony at Lopez's Beverly Hills home.

They are parents to 3-year-old twins Max and Emme, who were born in February 2008.

"It is a painful time for all involved, and we appreciate the respect of our privacy at this time," the statement added.

Also known as J.Lo, Lopez made her leading lady movie debut in "Selena," in 1997, and went on to become a Grammy-nominated singer.

Her first studio album, "On the 6," was released in 1999 and spawned the number one hit single, "If You Had My Love."

Anthony has sold more than 11 million records, kicking off his career as a salsa musician and Spanish-language performer. His 1999 hit single "I Need to Know" was his first English-language crossover success.

This year the 41-year-old Lopez topped People's magazine's annual list of the most beautiful people.

After taking time off to become a mother in 2008, the Bronx, New York-born, Puerto Rican actress returned to the public eye earlier this year with a star turn as one of three talent judges on "American Idol." She also released her seventh studio album, "Love?" in April.

She is scheduled to star in next year's film adaptation of the best-selling book, "What to Expect When You're Expecting," which will begin shooting in this summer, according to Lopez's website.

The New York-born Anthony currently plays Detective Nick Renata on the TNT drama TV show, "Hawthorne." According to his website, he will begin a US concert tour in September of this year.

In 2006, the couple co-starred in "El Cantante," a biopic about salsa legend Hector Lavoe. Anthony played Lavoe and Lopez played Lavoe's wife, Nilda "Puchi" Roman.

As recently as May, Lopez and Anthony had been scheduled to film a new show together where they would travel to 21 Latin American countries in search of talent, according to People magazine's website.

It was the third marriage for Lopez and the second for Anthony, 42.
Re: Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce That They Are Splitting. by anishe(m): 7:47pm On Jul 16, 2011
Husband Number 3 and still counting. USELESS WOMAN. LovePeddler. ASHEWO
One wonders the number of men that would have eaten deep into womanhood. what a shameless celebrity.
Re: Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce That They Are Splitting. by kandiikane(m): 7:49pm On Jul 16, 2011
Ivynwa:

Nnaa amakwanu m? (Do I know?) but they said he has been hanging around Jenny's block all along.  grin grin grin
Ask Mr. Denzel and Kandiikane
Where is that Kandiikane boy/girl (which is it now?). I am still coming to deal with him/her (Oh well whatever it is, even if na haemophrodite sef) Lol.  grin  Please who knows Kandi"s gender? I have been referring to him/her as a woman but I am beginning to think that the reverse may be the case.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Re: Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce That They Are Splitting. by ak47mann(m): 7:51pm On Jul 16, 2011
anishe:

One wonders the number of men that would have eaten deep into womanhood. what a shameless celebrity.
she don't taste all the human race in this world, na dis type of woman dey end up breeding monster babies  hope her Toto still tight thou tongue tongue
Re: Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce That They Are Splitting. by Ivynwa(f): 7:58pm On Jul 16, 2011
ak47mann:

@ivynwa
don't insult pretty young girls out there pls,J lo is not hotter than me are you ok undecided that old wrinkle thing self who wan touch am their are so many fine women better than her 1 billion times are you blind angry angry

Abegii Ak47 leave the lady alone make she enjoy her life, okay go get your JLo looking babes come show us make we see now. tongue tongue tongue

anishe:

Haba, Anishe! Why you come dey swear like that now?
Dem no dey swear like that here-o-o Sho-o-o
You sef wey dey talk how many channel Os you sef don dig? Abegii, make we hear word. Prophet Anishe!  tongue grin  tongue tongue

kandiikane:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

You are laughing! Okay!

ak47mann:

she don't taste all the human race in this world, na dis type of woman dey end up breeding monster babies  hope her Toto still tight thou tongue tongue

You sound like you wan even go taste the tightness of the thing come tell us as e be! tongue tongue tongue tongue
See your mouth, did you say Monsters? Go check out her kids sweetie and you will go tripping.
Re: Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce That They Are Splitting. by redsun(m): 8:09pm On Jul 16, 2011
She tries to be what she is not,stiff necked.She is a dog and she needs a dog Like P Diddy
Re: Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce That They Are Splitting. by ajalaolanr(m): 8:25pm On Jul 16, 2011
Maybe na D'banj be the next Husband on queue!
Re: Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce That They Are Splitting. by intrepid: 8:42pm On Jul 16, 2011
America and the West have no respect for marriage because most of them (especially these celebs) do not respect and even sometimes do not believe in the initiator of marriage-GOD.

This has always been and will ever be the story.The media makes money!

This also happens in Africa here,even in Nigeria but our culture and upbringing make us try to cover up everything while we are wriggling silently in the pain of a failed marriage.

Singing about love is not the same as loving.Academic knowledge of marriage is not a guarantee that urs will succeed.

May i warn all folks here that unless u look for the source of love and marriage and follow the rules outlined,you can also taste this bitter stuff.

And what is more---Jennifer Lopez,Mark Anthony and everyone on NL must understand (believe it or not) that GOD will judge everyone who disregards marriage.
Re: Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce That They Are Splitting. by Chintua: 8:54pm On Jul 16, 2011
Good gal!
Women are getting smarter.
Once a woman has had her kids, the SPAM-donor should be ditched if he becomes a problem.
Especially, with her own pocket book!
Amen.

African women please take note!

1st timer divorce rate = 50%
2nd timer divorce rate = 75%
3rd timer divorce rate = 90%

Say no to divorce!!!!!! kiss
Re: Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce That They Are Splitting. by Pafuri(m): 9:43pm On Jul 16, 2011
[[[[
Re: Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce That They Are Splitting. by ak47mann(m): 10:51pm On Jul 16, 2011
Chintua:

Good gal!
Women are getting smarter.
Once a woman has had her kids, the SPAM-donor should be ditched if he becomes a problem.
Especially, with her own pocket book!
Amen.

African women please take note!

1st timer divorce rate = 50%
2nd timer divorce rate = 75%
3rd timer divorce rate = 90%

Say no to divorce!!!!!! kiss
mmmmmh blazay the way you bend over can i enter the place tongue tongue tongue kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce That They Are Splitting. by akinbimatt: 11:23pm On Jul 16, 2011
when una dey talk about jennifer lopez, wetin una wan call nivea, having three kids for the dream is not enough, she taste lil flip dick, lil wayne self knock am bele, her bouncer enter, now she is stil dick working, abeg make una let jenny and nivea make way for missy elliot who is alwayz scared of dick coz according to google, missy was raped at 8years and now scared of even having sex or having babies!
Re: Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce That They Are Splitting. by birdman(m): 11:33pm On Jul 16, 2011
Her relationship with diddy was actually rock solid, something a lot of hispanic folks didnt like. A little legal trouble, and  they convinced her it was time to "marry her kind". Dumb move - diddy looked like he was in for the long haul.  Pretty much every guy shes dated since then is like an anti-diddy type, almost like shes trying to convince herself otherwise.

Anyways, Jlo I'm available. I might even consider you, in spite of the mileage  lipsrsealed
Re: Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Announce That They Are Splitting. by ak47mann(m): 12:02am On Jul 17, 2011
You sound like you wan even go taste the tightness of the thing come tell us as e be! tongue tongue tongue tongue
See your mouth, did you say Monsters? Go check out her kids sweetie and you will go tripping.

[quote][/quote] i don't mindooo at list i want to be sure if her Toto tight sha undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Baby Pictures Of Damiete Charles-granville Nigeria's Miss World 2012 Contestant / This Racy Photo Of Singer Yemi Alade Has Got People Talking (PHOTO) / Lydia Forson: People Who Defend Rapists Are Hiding Something Themselves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.