Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,871 members, 7,817,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Mamman Daura's Myopic Political Dance With Goodluck Jonathan. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mamman Daura's Myopic Political Dance With Goodluck Jonathan. (1580 Views)

FFK Dines With Goodluck Jonathan, Mike Ozekhome & Family (photo) / Buhari Meets With Goodluck Jonathan At The Presidential Villa (Video) / Obasanjo Meets With Goodluck Jonathan In Otuoke (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mamman Daura's Myopic Political Dance With Goodluck Jonathan. by SeyeMan(m): 7:31am On May 27, 2022
It is no child's play that super politicians like heavyweight APC Presidential Aspirants like Asiwaju Bola Tinubu have been able to stay locked in the power play on the national scene for decades. Their staying power is certainly not for a lack of effort by their enemies to displace them, just like President Obasanjo tried his possible best to whittle down the political tentacles of Asiwaju, but for their political dexterity.

Prior to President Buhari's emergence as the winner of the Presidential elections in 2015, members of the Buhari cabal led by Mamman Daura and his lieutenants like Abubakar Malami,SAN were unheard of in the Nigerian political space. Therefore, regardless of how much influence they are wielding under the Buhari government as heavyweights, one might be wont to expect them to unwittingly betray their naivety in the political chess game.

There have been rumours of President Jonathan being drafted into the APC and a bid to ensure that he emerges as the Consensus candidate of the party. It would even seem that the issue had been finally put to rest when it was reported that President Jonathan didn't submit the forms that were procured for him before the APC deadline for the submission of forms closed. However, the recent pictures of Mamman Daura visiting President Goodluck Jonathan followed by the shifting of the APC screening exercise of the party's presidential hopefuls lends further credence to the belief that Buhari cabal are trying to impose Jonathan on the APC.

Against this background, this article sets out to show that the Almighty Buhari Cabal are nothing but political neophytes to think they can control President Jonathan if he indeed emerges as the APC Presidential flagbearer and wins the 2023 elections. While the popular history of President Jonathan is that he is a gentle dove of a politician; however, a more closer look will also that he was a ruthless politician when he needed to consolidate his hold on power after the National Assembly empowered him to become Nigeria's Acting President in a vote on February 9, 2010.

Prior to his emergence as Acting President, Jonathan was the laughing stock for being a feeble minded Vice President who was so maltreated by the Cabal that held the reins of the government of the Late President Umar Musa Yar'Adua that he couldn't even see his ailing boss or know his whereabouts. However, barely a month after Goodluck Jonathan Nigeria's acting president, the Yard A'dua cabal, led by Abba Sayyadi Ruma, the Minister of Agriculture and Water Resources appointed by President Umaru Yar'Adua on 26 July 2007 were taken out in one full swoop when Acting President Goodluck Jonathan dissolved his cabinet on March 17, 2010. In a 2010 article written by UK Guardian, David Smith wrote

'Nigeria's acting president, Goodluck Jonathan, last night sacked all cabinet ministers in an attempt to stamp his authority on Africa's most populous country. Jonathan dissolved the cabinet without explanation in his first major act since assuming executive powers just over a month ago. It effectively left the quiet 52-year-old biologist in sole command of government. The cabinet had consisted mainly of ministers loyal to the ailing president, Umaru Yar'Adua ...'

As a 400 level law student at the Obafrmi Awowolo University in the year 2010, I vividly recall that I disliked Goodluck Jonathan for being a toothless Vice President that couldn't provide any guidance for the country during the dark days of Nigeria's missing President as Nigerians were kept in the dark by the Yar'Adua Cabal about the fate of their President. I also recall that when Jonathan sacked entire cabinet of his late predecessor, I came to better appreciate Jonathan as a very deadly politician who properly bid his time in removing his staunchest political adevarsaries, having earlier pretended to be a weakling of a politician in order to attain the office of the Acting President.

Now coming back to simpletons called the Buhari cabal, I wonder how they can believe that Goodluck Jonathan will continue to be the gentle dove that handed over power to President Buhari in 2015. The truth is that the country was at a knife's edge and President Jonathan conducted himself in a most dignifying manner and wrote his name in gold. However, the harassment and embarrassment, witch-hunting that was meted out to Jonathan's men like Sambo Dasuki, Olisa Metuh was terrible, to say the least, even if their alleged offence was corrupt enrichment. If Mamman Daura and his goons are able to successfully return Goodluck Jonathan to power in 2023, I expect people that are close to Goodluck Jonathan such as his wife, Patience Jonathan would have learnt one or two lessons from Aisha Buhari's repeated lamentations about the activities of the cabal around her husband that they would be alive to better protect Jonathan from the cabal that effectively stifled the Buhari administration.

The Buhari cabal should face the sad reality that no matter how hard they try, they can never remain relevant in Nigeria's political space beyond their eight year reign under President Buhari which ends in 2023. Anyone that they support his emergence as the APC Presidential Flagbearer will source for his own trusted hands, rather than have to deal with them as people of the most-inner circle.

I believe that the only candidate that can even try to consider them is Vice President Professor Yemi Osinbajo, maybe not much as President Buhari has deferred to them, but out of respect for the current President whom he has served with for the last 8 years. I believe that going by Goodluck Jonathan's swiftness in getting rid of the Yar'Adau Cabal within one month of becoming Acting President, the fate of the Buhari cabal will be swiftly decided in not more than a week by Goodluck Jonathan, if they allow their political naivety to becloud their sense of reasoning. In any event, it is only a matter of time before Nigerians will begin to hear less and less about Mamman Daura and his accolytes at the corridors of power in Aso Rock, just the way it was before 2015.

3 Likes

Re: Mamman Daura's Myopic Political Dance With Goodluck Jonathan. by TundeDes: 7:41am On May 27, 2022
I hope this is not a political miscalculation
Re: Mamman Daura's Myopic Political Dance With Goodluck Jonathan. by Corporate2020: 7:44am On May 27, 2022
Two idiots that were sacked by Tinubu. Goatluck Jonathan was sack by Tinubu, Mamman Daura was disgraced and humiliated out of office by Judas Osinbajo who is Tinubu's boy. So, if the two of them now combine, Tinubu will disgrace and humiliate them because humiliating idiots is Tinubu's hobby.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mamman Daura's Myopic Political Dance With Goodluck Jonathan. by Kingnap(m): 7:44am On May 27, 2022
Good read
Re: Mamman Daura's Myopic Political Dance With Goodluck Jonathan. by Nobody: 8:02am On May 27, 2022
Lol! For this world, do wetin gives you joy.
Re: Mamman Daura's Myopic Political Dance With Goodluck Jonathan. by Enwhen(m): 8:08am On May 27, 2022
Corporate2020:
Two idiots that were sacked by Tinubu. Goatluck Jonathan was sack by Tinubu, Mamman Daura was disgraced and humiliated out of office by Judas Osinbajo who is Tinubu's boy. So, if the two of them now combine, Tinubu will disgrace and humiliate them because humiliating idiots is Tinubu's hobby.

Dem no reach , On Tinubu manhood I stand

2 Likes

Re: Mamman Daura's Myopic Political Dance With Goodluck Jonathan. by Nobody: 8:21am On May 27, 2022
Below is the 100% factual reality, that Nigeria's historical evidence directly confirms, some of us have been trying to show to simpletons who believe Buhari and his cabal are somehow all powerful beyond the 8 years they have in charge which is now coming to an end rapidly.

As an example, why did Malami not go on to test his own independent strenght, as a politician, by running to be Kebbi Governor? Why did he pull out to remain in the safe AGF job that gives him the power and influence he enjoys?

I was laughing when some were literally 'transforming' Malami , a virtual unknown before 2015, into a political titan they claimed can now do and undo.

As feared as Obasanjo was a President, more so than Buhari, did Yard Adua not begin overturning the legacies of Obansajo's rule literally days into his new Presidency?

Let's continue to watch. Haters, who always approach politics with sentiments and emotions, are the only ones with lessons to learn.

Pragmatic observers of Nigerian politics have seen it all before. The Buhari cabal gra gra will end son and they will all, including Buhari himself, fade away completely after 2023.

The Buhari cabal should face the sad reality that no matter how hard they try, they can never remain relevant in Nigeria's political space beyond their eight year reign under President Buhari which ends in 2023.

Anyone that they support his emergence as the APC Presidential Flagbearer will source for his own trusted hands, rather than have to deal with them as people of the most-inner circle.
Re: Mamman Daura's Myopic Political Dance With Goodluck Jonathan. by XerXers: 8:31am On May 27, 2022
candidtalk:
Below is the 100% factual reality, that Nigeria's historical evidence directly confirms, some of us have been trying to show to simpletons who believe Buhari and his cabal are somehow all powerful beyond the 8 years they have in charge which is now coming to an end rapidly.

As an example, why did Malami not go on to test his own independent strenght, as a politician, by running as Kebbi Governor? Why did he pull out to remain in the safe AGF job that gives him the power and influence he enjoys?

I was laughing when some were literally 'transforming' Malami , a virtual ingrown before 2015, into a political titan they claimed can now do and undo.

As feared as Obasanjo was a President, more so than Buhari, did Yard Adua not begin overturning the legacies of Obansajo's rule literally days into his new Presidency?

Let's continue to watch. Haters, who always approach politics with sentiments and emotions, are the only ones with lessons to learn.

Pragmatic observers of Nigerian politics have seen it all before. The Buhari cabal gra gra will end son and they will all, including Buhari himself, fade away completely after 2023.

What the article is saying is that the cabal will not have power anymore after GEJ assume office. But they still have power to finish Tinubu while Buhari's tenure last.
Re: Mamman Daura's Myopic Political Dance With Goodluck Jonathan. by nzeobi(m): 9:02am On May 27, 2022
You Left buhari that is engineering the return of Jonathan to power and blaming a person not in government.

He has proved that it's Nigeria first for him and that's why he conceded without manipulating the process and is not desperate for power.

I will happily vote for GEJ cos am sure he has learnt his mistakes and is far better than buhari. Let him come and restructure Nigeria and make the economy blossom again.

5 Likes

Re: Mamman Daura's Myopic Political Dance With Goodluck Jonathan. by Daviddson(m): 9:43am On May 27, 2022
Beautifully crafted! Lalasticlala, take a look at this op-Ed.

I didn't even remember that it was while Goodluck was the Acting President that he dissolved Yaradua's cabinet. That was brave and deft, to say the least!

2 Likes

Re: Mamman Daura's Myopic Political Dance With Goodluck Jonathan. by Nobody: 9:55am On May 27, 2022
XerXers:

What the article is saying is that the cabal will not have power anymore after GEJ assume office. But they still have power to finish Tinubu while Buhari's tenure last.

Interpret as you wish. Bottom line is that what OP identifies, which is that pragmatically intelligent and effective Nigerians know Buhari and his cabal are only powerful while in office, is the same consideration that will ensure many defy the outgoing and soon-to-be impotent Presidency cabal to ensure they will never succeed, I repeat never, to make Jonathan candidate of APC let alone President of Nigeria.

Vindictive and hateful anyone-but-Tinubu trolls like you should take GEJ out of your mind. Obi is finished now also. Your only hope is Amaechi.

1 Like

Re: Mamman Daura's Myopic Political Dance With Goodluck Jonathan. by Christistruth00: 10:14am On May 27, 2022
GEJ would not Stoop so low as to abandon a Party that made him President and Start fighting against it
Re: Mamman Daura's Myopic Political Dance With Goodluck Jonathan. by Nobody: 10:19am On May 27, 2022
nzeobi:
You Left buhari that is engineering the return of Jonathan to power and blaming a person not in government.

He has proved that it's Nigeria first for him and that's why he conceded without manipulating the process and is not desperate for power.

I will happily vote for GEJ cos am sure he has learnt his mistakes and is far better than buhari. Let him come and restructure Nigeria and make the economy blossom again.

This is how you Igbos always delude yourself, with sentiments and emotions, to then end up disgraced as has happened with Obi.

Just reason it. How is it possible for Buhari, even if you lot now see him as a god, to make GEJ the APC candidate days before the APC primaries?

GeJ is not a member of the APC.
He has no valid Presidential aspirant form handed in before the expiration date.
He is therefore unscreened to take part in the APC Primaries legally.
2 million litigation cases, literally, will immediately be submitted against APC and her Chairman if GEJ is introduced via any back door mago mago.

Removing even the insurmountable legal aspect, APC has founding fathers, who made the Party what is is, competing to be the Party’s candidate.
They and their considerable affiliates have spent substantial amount of cash and time positioning for the ticket.
Jonathan will now be supplanted above them without APC implosion the very same day GEJ is announced?

Just think how stupid and childish you guys sound. I am embarrassed for the Igbo man and how desperstiin has so compromised his intellect to the extent he is unable to think like even an intelligent 8 year old child when it comes to politics.

What happened to Obi some of us predicted would happen, because he has no chance, but you people will never listen.

You're already doing the desperado idiocy thing again with this GEJ fantasy. Just SMH for you lot. Simply beyond redemption yesterday, today and forever.
Re: Mamman Daura's Myopic Political Dance With Goodluck Jonathan. by Gandollaar(f): 10:25am On May 27, 2022
Corporate2020:
From which office did osunbande sack mammam daura ? Oga go rest you are tired.
Re: Mamman Daura's Myopic Political Dance With Goodluck Jonathan. by Gandollaar(f): 10:26am On May 27, 2022
Op, tell us another story. This one is dry.
Re: Mamman Daura's Myopic Political Dance With Goodluck Jonathan. by nzeobi(m): 10:31am On May 27, 2022
candidtalk:

This is how you Igbos always delude yourself, with sentiments and emotions, to then end up disgraced as has happened with Obi.

Just reason it. How is it possible for Buhari, even if you lot now see him as a god, to make GEJ the APC candidate days before the APC primaries?

GeJ is not a member of the APC.
He has no valid Presidential aspirant form handed in before the expiration date.
He is therefore unscreened to take part in the APC Primaries legally.
2 million litigation cases, literally, will immediately be submitted against APC and her Chairman if GEJ is introduced via any back door mago mago.

Removing even the insurmountable legal aspect, APC has founding fathers, who made the Party what is is, competing to be the Party’s candidate.
They and their considerable affiliates have spent substantial amount of cash and time positioning for the ticket.
Jonathan will now be supplanted above them without APC implosion the very same day GEJ is announced?

Just think how stupid and childish you guys sound. I am embarrassed for the Igbo man and how desperstiin has so compromised his intellect to the extent he is unable to think like even an intelligent 8 year old child when it comes to politics.

What happened to Obi some of us predicted would happen, because he has no chance, but you people will never listen.

You're already doing the desperado idiocy thing again with this GEJ fantasy. Just SMH for you lot. Simply beyond redemption yesterday, today and forever.

Political analyst so you have to quote and write this epistle just to blame Peter Obi and igbos while absolving buhari of any blame.

Please channel your grievances to the right quarters, am not interested in parties but candidates

3 Likes

Re: Mamman Daura's Myopic Political Dance With Goodluck Jonathan. by Putinofrussia: 10:41am On May 27, 2022
No matter the permutations,Tinubu will triumph.The cabal,Buhari and the haters can take that to the bank.
Tinubu triumphs.
God always triumphs.
Re: Mamman Daura's Myopic Political Dance With Goodluck Jonathan. by Parachoko: 10:44am On May 27, 2022
Jonathan won't be part of the top 3.

On Bola Ahmed Tinubu Mandate I Stand Gidigba

Re: Mamman Daura's Myopic Political Dance With Goodluck Jonathan. by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 27, 2022
nzeobi:

Political analyst so you have to quote and write this epistle just to blame Peter Obi and igbos while absolving buhari of any blame.

Please channel your grievances to the right quarters, am not interested in parties but candidates

You're a child. Like most Igbo adults when it comes to politics. Where did I absolve Buhari of blame?

I am telling you that what you want Buhari to do is impossible to achieve even if Mr.President plus his APC Chairman imposition and his so-called cabal are 10000% committed to getting away with it !!!!

Nigeria is not about Buhari, Adamu and a few people alone. Did Buni, previously strutting around like superman and now reduced to a nobody today, not teach you emotional kids anything?

Most pragmatically intelligent Nigerians appreciate and accept reality always. To that extent we all know that there is a limit to what Buhari can get away with because he is not a god over all Nigerians, with unlimited power, even if your desperation makes you assume so..

The greater ridicule, over this whole sage inspired by unscrupulous news sources, is reserved for the Igbo adult who is so hatefully desperate and too entrenched in the politics of enmity to the extent he remains the only one who cannot see what other Nigerians, from the over 250 ethnic groups of our nation, can discern.

All the way from last year I have been challenging Igbo posters to bet with me GEJ will never be APC candidate.

If I thought you lot foolish back then, what is my perception of you today considering you are still mentioning the GEJ and APC presidency thing after all that has transpired?
Re: Mamman Daura's Myopic Political Dance With Goodluck Jonathan. by Uchek(m): 12:37pm On May 27, 2022
Do you think Tinubu will become APC presidential candidate?

Corporate2020:
Re: Mamman Daura's Myopic Political Dance With Goodluck Jonathan. by Uchek(m): 12:45pm On May 27, 2022
Thank you brother. You deciphered the thrust of the post.

XerXers:

Re: Mamman Daura's Myopic Political Dance With Goodluck Jonathan. by Uchek(m): 12:47pm On May 27, 2022
How would Jonathan restructure Nigeria?

nzeobi:

Re: Mamman Daura's Myopic Political Dance With Goodluck Jonathan. by nzeobi(m): 1:01pm On May 27, 2022
candidtalk:

You're a child. Like most Igbo adults when it comes to politics. Where did I absolve Buhari of blame?

I am telling you that what you want Buhari to do is impossible to achieve even if Mr.President plus his APC Chairman imposition and his so-called cabal are 10000% committed to getting away with it !!!!

Nigeria is not about Buhari, Adamu and a few people alone. Did Buni, previously strutting around like superman and now reduced to a nobody today, not teach you emotional kids anything?

Most pragmatically intelligent Nigerians appreciate and accept reality always. To that extent we all know that there is a limit to what Buhari can get away with because he is not a god over all Nigerians, with unlimited power, even if your desperation makes you assume so..

The greater ridicule, over this whole sage inspired by unscrupulous news sources, is reserved for the Igbo adult who is so hatefully desperate and too entrenched in the politics of enmity to the extent he remains the only one who cannot see what other Nigerians, from the over 250 ethnic groups of our nation, can discern.

All the way from last year I have been challenging Igbo posters to bet with me GEJ will never be APC candidate.

If I thought you lot foolish back then, what is my perception of you today considering you are still mentioning the GEJ and APC presidency thing after all that has transpired?

You are challenging igbos that GEJ won't be candidate why not make your self or your relative the candidate.
Re: Mamman Daura's Myopic Political Dance With Goodluck Jonathan. by nzeobi(m): 1:02pm On May 27, 2022
Uchek:

Implementing confab report
Re: Mamman Daura's Myopic Political Dance With Goodluck Jonathan. by nzeobi(m): 1:10pm On May 27, 2022
Uchek:

By implementing the confab report

(1) (Reply)

Throw Back: How Igbos Attack Awolowo And His Entourage In Aba (photo) / 2023: Tinubu, Peter Obi Divide Yoruba Groups / Peter Obi Shutsdown Newyork,usa, Thousands Of Nigerians Welcome Like A King

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.