Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria (5266 Views)

Breaking: We Have No Plans To Charge Former Oil Minister Alison Madueke - UK / “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home / Official: Jonathan Wins Ekiti State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by shawonlese: 2:08pm On Jul 18, 2011
Thought transformation was the agenda?
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by baslone: 2:24pm On Jul 18, 2011
Pause:

Spot on Dr Abati, GEJ never promised an Agenda all he said was that he has no shoes.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by 1025: 2:41pm On Jul 18, 2011
was it yar adua that declared a state of emergency in the power sector? jonathan! jonathan!! jonathan!!! we are watching u. i hope this our jonathan still remember how long he has been the president of personal republic of nigeria
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by Ess: 2:44pm On Jul 18, 2011
cold:

For those screaming about hugging transformers,that saying has lost its potency coz folks have proven time & again that it is very possible to hug a transformer

Wonders no go ever finish for NL, grin grin grin grin grin, O boy u get liver! I know say that transformer don do 5years of inactiveness!!! grin grin grin
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by BigMeat2: 2:49pm On Jul 18, 2011
After 2years of being a Vice President, 1year of being Acting President through the back door, and 1 year of being President.
Mr President still doesn't know how to move Nigeria in the developmental direction. So we're to expect another 4years of wasted promises without any plans.

I pity of the folks that voted for him in the last election, now we can all see him for who he is - 'real drunken fisherman without any shoes'

If it took him almost 6weeks to get his cabinet in place, what hope does Nigeria have.
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by FlyboyZee: 2:53pm On Jul 18, 2011
Why are we Nigerians so agenda-crazy?
Before GEJ became president, we knew what we were suffering. Now he is president, Please, give the man at least a year. Agenda or no agenda. Lets see how he intends to transform Nigeria.

PS: Na wa for una o! person just appoint Ministers, them (Ministers) never even know who be their Secretary for Office, the next thing na to begin castigate them. Even if na you be come president you go need sometime to take work things out. No body wey sabi pass abeg!
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 2:54pm On Jul 18, 2011
Where are the GEJ apologists on NL

BEAF, Seun, Johnpaul, Wesley etc It seems they have sold us a dud.

Flyboy Zee:

Before GEJ became president, we knew what we were suffering. Now he is president, Please, give the man at least a year. Agenda or no agenda. Lets see how he intends to transform Nigeria.

Pls who was President from May 2010 to May 2011?
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by FlyboyZee: 2:59pm On Jul 18, 2011
Big Meat:

If it took him almost 6weeks to get his cabinet in place, what hope does Nigeria have.
Atimes you keep sounding like a f00l. Was it GEJ's fault that the Senate had to go on recess immediately after inauguartions. If you don't know you l'l cretin, he had is list of Ministers ready immedaiately he was sworn-in and the Senate couldn't sit to consider the list. You people will never cease to amaze me.
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by FlyboyZee: 3:05pm On Jul 18, 2011
dayokanu:

Pls who was President from May 2010 to May 2011?
If GEJ had started on his own immedaitely after being made president after Yar'Adua's daeth, I'm so sure you will be d 1st person to complain of him derailing Yar'adua's agenda. Now, the man has been elected on his own merit and he wants to run the government the best way he can, you stll won't let him even take-off. I'm so sure you hate anything that doesn't smirk of military fiat and alacrity.
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by 1forall: 3:17pm On Jul 18, 2011
Someone's def licking Jona soup in the middle of nowhere
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by BigMeat2: 4:06pm On Jul 18, 2011
@ reply #39/#40
There should be no reason for the National Assembly to be in a long recess after election.
Let's assume they went for recess, it still shouldn't take them the best part of a month to interview all the ministers
It was in the news daily, the number of times the list of selected ministerial names keep changing. So who is to blame, unfortunately the buck stops with Mr President.
If he knows that he doesn't have any agenda, at least he can borrow the 7-point agenda used by his late boss. He can focus on 5-main points - Corruption - Power - Security - Infrastructural Development across the regions and a sustainable alternative to Crude oil (Agriculture).
The truth is that if these 5-points can be maintained and followed through, Nigeria will change by 5% before the next election.
This is not rocket science.
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by micklplus(m): 4:19pm On Jul 18, 2011
When there's no plan/agenda, how do you intend to get to your destination. You don't use ambiguity to explain your poo argument. A country like naija needs a well cut out agenda of what's to be done!!!

All successful people are specific in their approach and they know exactly how they are to achieve what they outline!

A president though a politician doesnt have to make a political statement. A vague one at that so that at the end of the day, we won't be able to marry actuals against plans and achievement.!

Jonah just pulled a political one here.

Na God go helep us
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by brainpulse: 4:23pm On Jul 18, 2011
EVERY SUCCESSFUL PROGRAMME MUST HAVE AN AGENDA, A FRAME WORK, HOLISTIC VIEW LIST, THAT WILL SERVE AS A POISEDON FOR CREDIBLE ACHIEVEMENT.
I HAVE SAID COUNTLESS NUMBER OF TIMES THAT THIS IS THE ONLY COUNTRY ON EARTH THAT A LEADER THAT NEVER DECLARED HIS VISION, IS MISSION AND SUCCINCT IDEOLOGY WAS VOTED FOR BY PROFESSORS, TEACHERS AND THOSE THAT PREACHES TO US IN THE CHURCH AND MOSQUE ABOUT VISION A ND ACHIEVEMENT,  ETC.
NIGERIANS HAVE BECOME A TACHYPHYLASIS FOR SUFFERING AND POVERTY.

1. NO AGENDA FOR LIGHT
2. NO AGENDA FOR SECURITY
3. NO AGENDA FOR HUMAN CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT
4. NO AGENDA FOR NATURAL DISASTERS AND CONTROL
5. NO AGENDA FOR RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
6. NO AGENDA FOR YOUTH EMPOWERMENT
7. NO AGENDA FOR JOB CREATION AND EMPLOYMENT
8. NO AGENDA FOR GOOD ROADS AND MAINTENANCE
9. NO AGENDA FOR RUNNING REFINERIES
10. NO AGENDA FOR TRANSPORTATION
11. NO AGENDA FOR ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
12. NO AGENDA FOR INFRASTRUCTURE AND SOCAIL AMENITIES
angry sad embarassed lipsrsealed undecided
ETC
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 18, 2011
1. NO AGENDA FOR LIGHT
2. NO AGENDA FOR SECURITY
3. NO AGENDA FOR HUMAN CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT
4. NO AGENDA FOR NATURAL DISASTERS AND CONTROL
5. NO AGENDA FOR RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
6. NO AGENDA FOR YOUTH EMPOWERMENT
7. NO AGENDA FOR JOB CREATION AND EMPLOYMENT
8. NO AGENDA FOR GOOD ROADS AND MAINTENANCE
9. NO AGENDA FOR RUNNING REFINERIES
10. NO AGENDA FOR TRANSPORTATION
11. NO AGENDA FOR ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
12. NO AGENDA FOR INFRASTRUCTURE AND SOCAIL AMENITIES

FRESH AIR!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by dplordx(m): 4:44pm On Jul 18, 2011
Abati is another Fani Amun. Shio
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by luluosas(m): 4:46pm On Jul 18, 2011
Even at formal and informal meetings, there is always an agenda. I wonder how some Nigerians were so blind not to see that, Jonathan does not have the balls to setting Nigeria on the path of development. You all rushed after his[b] "I have no shoes"[/b] slogan and massively rigged for him. Here we are now. In fact, Nigerians has not seen anything yet. By the time Armed robbers starts to rub us of our pot of soup, then, you will understand Jonathan pointless government. How I wish I can escape from this country called Nigeria!
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 18, 2011
he simply meant that he wont overlook any aspect just because he never has it as an agenda, good governance in all aspect! i like his sincerelity, you can reply nonsense,i will ignore you
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by Pukkah: 5:16pm On Jul 18, 2011
Flyboy Zee:

Before GEJ became president, we knew what we were suffering. Now he is president, Please, give the man at least a year. Agenda or no agenda. Lets see [/b]how he[b] intends to transform Nigeria.

PS: Na wa for una o! person just appoint Ministers, them (Ministers) never even know who be their Secretary for Office, the next thing na to begin castigate them. Even if na you be come president you go need sometime to take work things out. No body wey sabi pass abeg!

Are you serious about this? That long-suffering Nigerians should give Jonathan a year to see how he intends to transform the country? With what blueprint did he run his campaigns?  So he should now get a whole year  shocked to figure out his intention? And you're actually defending this?  Na wa for this country!
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 5:22pm On Jul 18, 2011
Flyboy Zee:

If GEJ had started on his own immedaitely after being made president after Yar'Adua's daeth, I'm so sure you will be d 1st person to complain of him derailing Yar'adua's agenda. Now, the man has been elected on his own merit and he wants to run the government the best way he can, you stll won't let him even take-off. I'm so sure you hate anything that doesn't smirk of military fiat and alacrity.

So what was he doing in the last 1 and half yrs and what are the results?

or was he just sleeping and waking up for the past 1 yr?
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by Gbawe: 5:25pm On Jul 18, 2011
luluosas:

Even at formal and informal meetings, there is always an agenda. I wonder how some Nigerians were so blind not to see that, Jonathan does not have the balls to setting Nigeria on the path of development. You all rushed after his[b] "I have no shoes"[/b] slogan and massively rigged for him. Here we are now. In fact, Nigerians has not seen anything yet. By the time Armed robbers starts to rub us of our pot of soup, then, you will understand Jonathan pointless government. How I wish I can escape from this country called Nigeria!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by LordBabs(m): 6:47pm On Jul 18, 2011
Retardee odechukwu!!!
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by enyojo(f): 7:12pm On Jul 18, 2011
[size=25pt]PATHETIC UNPATRIOTIC PRESIDENT !! [/size]
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by Remii(m): 8:46pm On Jul 18, 2011
dplordx:

Abati is another Fani Amun. Shio

you mean as per wombling and fumbling, lol. I can begin laugh laugh now.

someone should tell this president about setting SMART idea.

S - specific

M - measurable,

A - attainable,

R - realistic,

T - time-based,
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by espn(m): 9:24pm On Jul 18, 2011
Good governance entails setting an agenda, do you just wake up everyday without having a plan for that day, fink,
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by Roland17(m): 11:22pm On Jul 18, 2011
Thanks GEJ for stating the obvious fact and the truth is, you did not promise gullible Nigerians anything either, 
Breath of fresh Air indeed
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by BetaThings: 12:04am On Jul 19, 2011
FG fails to deliver on its power target

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/76-hot-topic/24599-fg-fails-to-deliver-on-its-power-target

After one year and several billions of dollars in spending, the Federal government appears to be failing to meet critical targets it set for itself in the much publicised power roadmap which was inaugurated with fanfare.
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by duno: 3:55pm On Jul 19, 2011
How do we measure performance?
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by THEPOLY11: 12:19am On Jul 20, 2011
You all hate GEJ for no reason , What do u say abt OBJ and Yar'dua Plans , let see what we happen in the next few months, before you start all these yeye message. GEJ is not a president by himself , he was chosen by his people in support of GOD, i pray that JEHOVAH GUIDE HIM THROUGH. AMEN.
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by cutesharon(f): 7:44am On Jul 20, 2011
na problem o if GEJ does not have a plan cos his ministers sef get half point agenda to loot grin
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by Oshosam(m): 9:47am On Jul 20, 2011
Please, do we have plans at all since independence in 1960? So there should not be an exception in this administration. Only a changed mind can change a nation.
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by beespak7(m): 12:10pm On Jul 21, 2011
GEJ says he has no plan for nigeria ok now
he who fails to plan has already planed to fail nansense !!
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by Shimao(m): 12:52pm On Jul 21, 2011
Jonathan made promises. Infact, he made state-specific promises. www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20110526302587

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG - Boko Haram Dialogue: NOA Asks For Tolerance / Canada Gives $5m For Nigeria’s 2015 Polls / Pictures Of The 47 Students Killed At Potiskum,yobe State Two Days Ago.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.