Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election (40177 Views)

2019: What If Atiku Wins And Buhari Fails To Concede? / Toyin Saraki Reacts As Atiku Wins PDP Presidential Ticket / Lauretta Onochie Reacts As Atiku Wins PDP Presidential Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election by autonomous22: 7:23am On May 29, 2022
Evaromantik:
After spending millions to win this primary, they are still going to lose the general election.

So if them allow u , u go still vote APC again

Una get mind shaa ... U ppl are d real problem of this country.
Re: Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election by ib0221: 7:24am On May 29, 2022
pat077:
Atiku will be 76 next year, if he wins he will be 80 at the end of his first term in office, if he decides to go for 2nd term we will look g at him been 84yrs... Is that the kind of person Nigeria needs at this point? Let's wait and see who Apc will present. I don't see this country changing for good any time soon.
I have always read and heard people using age to discredit personalities who are vying for posts. I disagree with it, though I had never responded until now. Ruling has nothing to do with age once the person is mature. Though, health issue may be a factor, there are a lot of over seventies that are healthier and stronger than small decades. What we should always consider in a leader are not religion, tribe or age, but integrity, confidence and vision.
Re: Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election by marv1: 7:25am On May 29, 2022
Evaromantik:
After spending millions to win this primary, they are still going to lose the general election.

It's is selfish and stewpiidity for the northerners to think they can get another 8years .
How can (Buhari) a Fulani man finish 8 years and (Atiku) another Fulani wants to take over. Atiku is a very very greedy human being I have ever seen. He will never get there. He will never become the president of this country. He is a thief and can never change. The best chance he had was 2015 and nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election by Afefeola: 7:26am On May 29, 2022
Atiku you and Tinubu shall never be the president of this country in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election by Weedhustler: 7:34am On May 29, 2022
BESTScientist1:
I feel immensely sorry for this country, money got him that ticket and if Nigerians by mistake bring this guy in, Nigeria is doomed. Anywhere Peter Obi or Yemi Oshibajo goes that's those sane Nigerians are going to vote....
I can't imagine either the drug baron or this fella vying for the office of the president. God just frustrate the agenda of these *known criminals*

Where is WIKE to begin with? The real fight hasn't started in PDP...it's just begun, watch out.

Oga which fight won start? Politics is game of numbers , political offices are won on d street not social media. How many aboki get android phones? Even you on election day u no dey vote. Atiku all d way!
Re: Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election by izubext007: 7:35am On May 29, 2022
After all the noise Wike make..... Dem no dey do gra gra for northerners.
Re: Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election by pat077: 7:46am On May 29, 2022
ib0221:
I have always read and heard people using age to discredit personalities who are vying for posts. I disagree with it, though I had never responded until now. Ruling has nothing to do with age once the person is mature. Though, health issue may be a factor, there are a lot of over seventies that are healthier and stronger than small decades. What we should always consider in a leader are not religion, tribe or age, but integrity, confidence and vision.
so u are saying atiku has integrity?

1 Like

Re: Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election by OlamOlam: 7:50am On May 29, 2022
Watch and see APC run helter skelter
Re: Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election by wandyvirus(m): 7:54am On May 29, 2022
Looks like you were conceived after 1993. History is about to repeat itself. Abiola won Tofa fair and square in the north.
Your take sounds really brilliant but lacks political intelligence.
Let's see who ermerges as APCs Flag bearer then we can revisit your brilliant take on the matter.

ChangetheChange:
With the current political scenario on ground.
....with Atiku as the PDP Presidential candidate, which APC never wanted....APC will go back to their plan B and also bring up a Northerner as Consensus candidate next week, they will never risk presenting a Southerner with the current reality on ground where Atiku is PDP candidate and Kwankwaso is NNPP candidate, it will be political suicide for APC to present a Southerner...that is the bitter truth and reality on Ground now.
APC will pick a Northern Consensus candidate next Week ..Quote me
The Northerners are more United than we the Southerners.

Tinubu is inevitably out of the equation and no longer an option for APC with the realities on ground based on his religion which is a very sensitive topic in Nigeria polity---Quote me anywhere.[/b]
The worst Tinubu can do next week is to defect to SDP to try and actualize his life long Presidential ambition
Christians cut across the entire south and North, will rather vote a Atiku that has a Christian Vice President than Vote a Tinubu who is a Muslim and also went ahead to pick a Muslim Vice President also .
Also Muslim Northerners will outrightly reject a Southern Muslim Presidential Candidate (Tinubu) if he picks a Christian Northern Vice President also
The odds are stacked against Tinubu due to his religious background which has unfortunately been divisive factor in the current Nigeria of today.

APC Chieftains will have to crack their heads in the next 1 week to come up with permutations that favour them before their party primary cos Atiku emergence as PDP candidate has disrupted many permutations across the Nigeria political terrain
Re: Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election by JONSYN7154: 8:16am On May 29, 2022
A big congratulations to my boss Atiku Abubakar
Re: Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election by Sleekfingers: 8:25am On May 29, 2022
Ibkhaleel:
Southerners go see shege....una sabi insult and attack abi? We'll teach u lesson u wil forever regret lying, hating and insulting northerners....Remebers...we dnt have to rig to win.....politics is a game of number....and we have outweighes u fools...children of hate...enemies of truth... products of pre marital sex...dirty beigns

Then , this country will split. Awon almajiris jatijati

1 Like

Re: Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election by Bobbyjay001(m): 8:46am On May 29, 2022
ChangetheChange:
With the current political scenario on ground.
....with Atiku as the PDP Presidential candidate, which APC never wanted....APC will go back to their plan B and also bring up a Northerner as Consensus candidate next week, they will never risk presenting a Southerner with the current reality on ground where Atiku is PDP candidate and Kwankwaso is NNPP candidate, it will be political suicide for APC to present a Southerner...that is the bitter truth and reality on Ground now.
APC will pick a Northern Consensus candidate next Week ..Quote me
The Northerners are more United than we the Southerners.

Tinubu is inevitably out of the equation and no longer an option for APC with the realities on ground based on his religion which is a very sensitive topic in Nigeria polity---Quote me anywhere.[/b]
The worst Tinubu can do next week is to defect to SDP to try and actualize his life long Presidential ambition
Christians cut across the entire south and North, will rather vote a Atiku that has a Christian Vice President than Vote a Tinubu who is a Muslim and also went ahead to pick a Muslim Vice President also .
Also Muslim Northerners will outrightly reject a Southern Muslim Presidential Candidate (Tinubu) if he picks a Christian Northern Vice President also
The odds are stacked against Tinubu due to his religious background which has unfortunately been divisive factor in the current Nigeria of today.

APC Chieftains will have to crack their heads in the next 1 week to come up with permutations that favour them before their party primary cos Atiku emergence as PDP candidate has disrupted many permutations across the Nigeria political terrain

Has Tinubu picked his running mate?
Re: Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election by saintkeppy(m): 8:48am On May 29, 2022
Okobola146:
Atiku go beat am mercilessly

Is he that irrelevant in the North East?

Apart from Tinubu, who other candidate can match Atiku, don't tell me GoodLuck Johnathan, it's not gonna work out well for him like that cos North mentality of retaining power
Re: Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election by TermuxDarkWeb(m): 9:18am On May 29, 2022
grin
Re: Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election by MyExpression(m): 9:19am On May 29, 2022
ArcSEMPECJ:

So you that left Atiku / Obi to vote for Buhari / Osibanjo will now come back to vote Atiku / Olatunde as against Tinubu / Amaechi or Umahi?

Do you think the North has no sense?

As far as ATIKU is now fully involved,.....no Southerner can defeat him from any party.

North and South West defeated him because NORTH have their brother as the President!!!!!

Now the coin has turned , let's watch and see!!!!

One thing I love about the NORTH is that you can't see them ranting in any social media......

We cannot have a Northerner rule us for consecutive 16 years...esp after what we suffered from Buhari.
APC have northerners too, and they have more funds than PDP....and they are the ruling party....technically they hold some advantage....and finally, they also want to retain power so that they will have stake in new government.

We may not like Tinubu but a cordial combination of South West and South East is more sellable than another Northern president...esp someone like Atiku.

What is he coming to do differently?
Remember PDP reneged on their Rotation principle...they do not have credibility...and with the news of money sharing politics, I'll never stand under the sun to vote PDP/Atiku......except and unless Peter Obi tells me otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election by saintkeppy(m): 9:20am On May 29, 2022
walexsho:
Interesting... Nigeria may finally break
No southerner will take the risk to vote any Northern Candidate. PDP should Forgerrit.
If APC present Tinubu he will have few vote from the North and more vote from the south.
If Peter Obi emerge under Labour Party, the Southeast won't vote for Tinuubu.
If APC give a Northerer the ticket as well, then all southern vote goes to peter Obi. Probably no winner declared
God of the world Please Stand up for Nigeria, if disunity among the politician will solve our problems, let disunity tear them Apart

Speak for yourself,
Peter Obi will not even have a handful of votes from his South-East region you are attaching so much emotions, elections are not done that way.
North will vote massively for Northern candidate, you know North don't joke with elections, massive turnout on election day with their PVCs voting massively to retain power E.g Atiku will rake in votes from Lagos, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo states, National chairman senator Ayu, Saraki &co will ensure massive votes from Central, if he picks his VP from South-East or South-south, then it's a done deal cos we already have PDP presence here.
We in the South, we only do elections &calculate our chances using calculator on social media, while the North is really strategizing on how to retain power. Atiku don't need to fly down to the South to consult the delegates &he won the primaries.
Re: Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election by MyExpression(m): 9:21am On May 29, 2022
autonomous22:

So if them allow u , u go still vote APC again

Una get mind shaa ... U ppl are d real problem of this country.

If dem qllow you, you go vote North again for another 8yrs ba?

What are they coming to do differently?

Yaradua, Buhari, now Atiku?

È ti kun niyèn!
Re: Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election by Nobody: 9:35am On May 29, 2022
Atiku wey don spend so much money for his presidential ambition na him una think say he go come and give you good governance.Expect nothing but a massive looting by atiku.
Re: Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election by Teazer4(m): 10:04am On May 29, 2022
Nah your next president be that quote me after the elections, na only Buhari be the only living politician wey fit defeat atiku, expect apc field GEJ sha, with buhari full backing, other contestants should save their loots, if dem field BAT it’s gonna be a landslide victory, northerners no just care Dey want stay in power … an average northerner will never vote for BaT against Atiku, na common sense, if Buhari never recover from 2019 paranoia….. come imagine make una pitch a southerner against him, it’s over men, argue with your keyboard. If I no see GEJ then Atiku is the next president

Re: Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election by Nobody: 10:12am On May 29, 2022
The only reason Obi ran away with his tail between his legs was because he had learnt that Atiku was going to choose his VP from Southwest. Everyone of them in PDP knew even if Atiku close his eyes he would still win PDP primary. The 200 plus Vote Wike got would have been shared between him and the Runway which means Atiku would still have won by wider margin to his closest rival. I knew this and I have said it several times. With this result, the only way APC can win is to either make a consensus that produces a northern flagbearer i.e Lawal or vacate Aso Rock next year. Either way, I give no Bleep, never benefited from anything they have given out. However, I don't care about PDP either, imagine how many Billions and most probably trillion plus Atiku+PDP have spent over the years trying to come back to power and you can be certain they have alot of looting to do to recoup. APC isn't any better and this is the fate of Nigeria as we have it. This is not a curse, this country will be declared a failed state soon, white men will come back to rule us and after that 3 countries will emerge, the greatest challenge here is that it will all happen at a big cost to those who are making it through this endemically corrupted country.
Re: Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election by casualobserver: 10:16am On May 29, 2022
awoo47:
vp is a useless slot

It is a step to the presidency, just ask the SS and the SW. Apcs presidential candidate will come from the SS or SW. you have to walk before you can run but SE want to run without. Learning to walk 1st.
Re: Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election by casualobserver: 10:19am On May 29, 2022
Kobicove:

You're the one who is naïve if you believed Atiku would have served just one term assuming the south east supported him!

SE is not in a position to not take the offer. You take the offer and wait and see. Right now, you are worse off than you’ve ever been in the political alignments of Nigeria. You have no relevance or bargaining power in any of the 2 parties that will produce the president. Which is better, to be a partner or to be an outsider?
Re: Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election by casualobserver: 10:23am On May 29, 2022
Dikebuka:

Is Peter Obi the only character in South East.
Is Anyim Pius not a SE person again
Is Ekweremadu not a SE person
Is Ugwuanyi not a SE person.
Is Ihedioha not a SE person

Remind me again how many votes any of them got in the primaries? Peter Obi is the symbol of the SE and he will pull SE votes away from PDP and both parties will remmember. The party that wins in particular will remmember they win without SE support…..God help SE if that ends up being PDP.
Re: Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election by ensamy(m): 10:44am On May 29, 2022
This rallying behind a chosen Northern candidate by the northern candidates is what North will do immediately APC mistakingly pick Asiwaju Tinubu as Thier flag bearer. The whole north will go behind Atiku. Tinubu is not strong enough in South South, South East because of all his lies against Jonathan in 2015 which is still hunting him. Middle belt no go Area, Atiku has North East and North West.
Therefore only South West remain. In South West he will share 50:50 votes with Atiku... To be fair the Mathematics is against Asiwaju Tinubu.
If not because of bad politics, atleast South East, South South and Middle belt for hold his ground.
Re: Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election by Dikebuka: 10:45am On May 29, 2022
casualobserver:

Remind me again how many votes any of them got in the primaries? Peter Obi is the symbol of the SE and he will pull SE votes away from PDP and both parties will remmember. The party that wins in particular will remmember they win without SE support…..God help SE if that ends up being PDP.

Thats where you got it wrong. Instead of shouting SE, you should blame SS and SW that refuse to back the SE agitation. Had it been SS and SW threw their support for SE, do you think north will try their luck.

Instead of insisting on SE president, SW ànd SS were just shouting South. Today both of them are complaining.

Events of yesterday have shown that SE as the bride of 2023 election

Both parties could go SE vice-president.

Atiku might go with a running mate of igbo extraction in a bid to unite the party (Ugwuanyi, or Okowa). He knows that PDP needs SE/SS before the election.

If APC picks Jonathan, the running mate will be Buni
If APC picks Lawan , the running mate with Okorocha, Ogbonnaya or Amaechi
Re: Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election by ufuosman(m): 10:50am On May 29, 2022
Congratulations atiku
Re: Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election by casualobserver: 10:55am On May 29, 2022
Dikebuka:

Thats where you got it wrong. Instead of shouting SE, you should blame SS and SW that refuse to back the SE agitation. Had it been SS and SW threw their support for SE, do you think north will try their luck.

Instead of insisting on SE president, SW ànd SS were just shouting South. Today both of them are complaining.

Events of yesterday have shown that SE as the bride of 2023 election

Both parties could go SE vice-president.

Atiku might go with a running mate of igbo extraction in a bid to unite the party (Ugwuanyi, or Okowa). He knows that PDP needs SE/SS before the election.

If APC picks Jonathan, the running mate will be Buni
If APC picks Lawan , the running mate with Okorocha, Ogbonnaya or Amaechi

. You are talking absolute nonsense, you are too emotional to ever be successful politicians. Obi and Wike did not lose because they are southerners, they lost because they are unelectable where it matters….the North!!! PDP wants to win and their duty is to present a candidate that gives them the best chance to win, that candidate is not Obi, that candidate is not Wike. If Wike or Obi had been welcomed in the north the way Tinubu was welcomed by the masses and delegate, one of them would be the PDP flag bearer. You cannot be a local champion and expect to be given a national ticket by default. I believe Wike when he says Peter Obi would have lost in Anambra!!!!

There is no northern gang up. They are just better politicians than you and know the job of a politician is to win and to win you must present a candidate that can get you votes. Until you develop the maturity to see this you are not ready for politics.
Re: Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election by Dikebuka: 11:41am On May 29, 2022
casualobserver:
. You are talking absolute nonsense, you are too emotional to ever be successful politicians. Obi and Wike did not lose because they are southerners, they lost because they are unelectable where it matters….the North!!! PDP wants to win and their duty is to present a candidate that gives them the best chance to win, that candidate is not Obi, that candidate is not Wike. If Wike or Obi had been welcomed in the north the way Tinubu was welcomed by the masses and delegate, one of them would be the PDP flag bearer. You cannot be a local champion and expect to be given a national ticket by default. I believe Wike when he says Peter Obi would have lost in Anambra!!!!

There is no northern gang up. They are just better politicians than you and know the job of a politician is to win and to win you must present a candidate that can get you votes. Until you develop the maturity to see this you are not ready for politics.

Why are you being sentimental. Did I mention Northern gang-up here.

What I said is simply this. The ambitious nature of SW and SS politician in not backing zoning to SE (using the we want a competent candidate) is what created the loophole that the north is using now

Have APC given Tinubu the ticket since he is popular according to you, why do you think they shifted their primaries.
Why do you think APC is bringing Jonathan or why is Orji Uzor Kalu and Hope Uzodinma rooting for Lawañ.
Even APC that was saying zoning to the south is even considering throwing that zoning stuff away.

The problem for both parties are the SW and SS. They thought that due to the influence and affluence, they could sideline the SE.
Re: Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election by Paramountgift(f): 12:20pm On May 29, 2022
omonla10:
Like I predicted. We would have to choose between 2 ancestors as our next president. Nigerians truly deserve what they've got so far

Lol. The votes from the primaries aren't the vote of all Nigerians nau. Just a sect of people decided who'd they prefer to compete for the seat of presidency.
If who runs for president wasn't dictated by the votes from a sect of Nigerians in the primaries, it'd have been a totally different story.
Re: Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election by casualobserver: 12:22pm On May 29, 2022
Dikebuka:

Why are you being sentimental. Did I mention Northern gang-up here.

What I said is simply this. The ambitious nature of SW and SS politician in not backing zoning to SE (using the we want a competent candidate) is what created the loophole that the north is using now

Have APC given Tinubu the ticket since he is popular according to you, why do you think they shifted their primaries.
Why do you think APC is bringing Jonathan or why is Orji Uzor Kalu and Hope Uzodinma rooting for Lawañ.
Even APC that was saying zoning to the south is even considering throwing that zoning stuff away.

The problem for both parties are the SW and SS. They thought that due to the influence and affluence, they could sideline the SE.

You are still talkin ga bout "the North" there is no the North only a party that wants to win and recognises their best candidate to win is Atiku. Obi and Wike are local champions, they sell well in their enclaves but they are not exportable to the northern masses and that is where the votes are. As far as SE is concerned until you people realise that an Ibo candidate is unelectable in Nigeria and go back to the drawing board and change your mindset and appraoch to to others, always bnlaming others for your self inflicted misfortunes, you will be always be stuck in this political rut!!!

The problem of the SE is the SE...get that into your head!!! SW and SS aren't asking for SE help to become president because they have made alliances in the North which is where the votes are. You cant keep antagonising everybody then when time comes for election blame the North or the rest of the south...do your own work and make yourselves electable.

A man who doesnt understand where he goes wrong will continue making the same errors over and over again. Your problem is not the North or the rest of the South, your problem is you!!! This idea of a Northern gangup or a southern betrayal is something you tell yourselves to avoid facing your harsh realities!!! The reason no one is zoning the Presidency to the SE is because Nigerians are either not comfortable with a SE president orthe main parties feel the SE is unelectable and will only lead to certain defeat. Thats the harsh reality!!

As far as Tinubu is concerned let's see what plays out, you cannot impose consensus unless the candidates themselves agree. The fact that you want to do something (cabal) does not mean you will be able to. In Nigeria there are only 3 political forces: Buhari, Tinubu and PDP. APC is nothing without Buhari or Tinubu, similarly that is no individual in PDP who has enough clout to triumph nationally without PDP, i.e can go to another party and win. Atiku tried many times he failed, he needs PDP to win. No individual in PDP has the political influence of buhari or Tinubu. Every individual that becomes president under PDP does so largely (80%) because of the party and less because of the individual. There is no "big man" in PDP the likes of Tinubu or Buhari....not even Atiku. Tinubu and Buhari are organic politicians, there are a movement. Atiku needs an existing structure and then he will buy his way, he himself has no pull, his political destiny is based on deep pockets, highest bidder politics, not idealogy or any grassroots movement.
the combination of Atiku and PDP is a strong force, it is PDP's best chance but it will fail again against a united Tinubu/Buhari.

One last thing, SE have 100 PDP delegates, Anyim got 7 votes, before you point fingers at the SS, SW and the North, go and ask your SE brothers what happenned to the remaining 93 SE delegate votes!!!
Re: Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election by Neyoosha007(m): 12:24pm On May 29, 2022
saintkeppy:

Speak for yourself,
Peter Obi will not even have a handful of votes from his South-East region you are attaching so much emotions, elections are not done that way.
North will vote massively for Northern candidate, you know North don't joke with elections, massive turnout on election day with their PVCs voting massively to retain power E.g Atiku will rake in votes from Lagos, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo states, National chairman senator Ayu, Saraki &co will ensure massive votes from Central, if he picks his VP from South-East or South-south, then it's a done deal cos we already have PDP presence here.
We in the South, we only do elections &calculate our chances using calculator on social media, while the North is really strategizing on how to retain power. Atiku don't need to fly down to the South to consult the delegates &he won the primaries.
bla bla bla, Tinubu all the way
Re: Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election by Paramountgift(f): 12:27pm On May 29, 2022
teadrake:
He don red!! So northerner want to continue ruling us. Haba

Lol. Have you seen the Nigerian map bruhh...I think u should take a glance at it again grin

Let's just pray that things get better in 2023. Doesn't matter who wins. Let them be kind. Voila! Amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fighter Jets Drop Boko Haram Flyers In Adamawa Against Voting? - Newsrescue.com / Top 5 Most Expensive Schools In Portharcourt / APC Letter To Patience Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.