Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

EFCC Charges Rochas Okorocha To Federal High Court, Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Charges Rochas Okorocha To Federal High Court, Abuja (16426 Views)

Supreme Court Abuja Is Currently On Fire. / Nnamdi Kanu's Younger Brother, Emmanuel At Federal High Court Abuja (Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu's Trial: Sowore Arrested At High Court, Abuja (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Charges Rochas Okorocha To Federal High Court, Abuja by ijustdey: 9:45am On May 30, 2022
By Fadehan Oyeyemi

Amid heavy security by its operatives, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has brought the former Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha before a Federal High Court in Abuja for arraignment over N2.9B corruption charges.

Okorocha was driven to the court premises at about 8:45 a.m. and was immediately led to the court room.

Dressed in his usual green coloured Agbada with a brown cap to match, the All Progressive Congress (APC) Presidential aspirant, who is wearing a pensive mood, was made to sit near a dock where his plea on the fraud charges against him would be taken this morning.

His usual smiles and waiving of handkerchief to admirers are completely absent in his mood in the court room.

Some of his family members and political associates who are in court ahead of his arrival could not get direct access to him due to heavy security mounted around him.

The aides comprising former Commissioners among others, are, however, miling around to catch a glimpse of the Senator representing Imo West in the Senate.

His lead counsel, Mr Kehinde Ogunwumiju, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, SAN, has also arrived in court with a retinue of other lawyers.

At the time of this report, Justice Inyang Eden Ekwo who is to handle the case is being awaited in the court.

However, the court Registrar and other workers are already on their seats.

Okorocha was forcefully arrested on Tuesday in his Abuja residence by EFCC operatives as part of efforts to ensure his appearance in court today.

It will be recalled that Justice Inyang Ekwo of the Federal High Court, Abuja had on Monday, March 28, issued a threat to strike out the N2.9 billion money laundering charges against Okorocha should the Federal Government fail again to cause his appearance in court.

The judge had threatened to throw out the charges following the inability of the Federal Government to serve charges on Okorocha as required by law.

At the March 28 proceedings, the Federal Government, for the second time through its counsel, Mr Cosmos Ugwu, had told Justice Ekwo that he has not been able to see Okorocha and serve him with the charges.

The Federal Government’s charges against Okorocha dated January 24, 2022, was signed by one A.O Ikota on behalf of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

Okorocha, who is currently a Senator representing Imo West in the National Assembly, is to face trial alongside six others in the N2.9 billion money laundering criminal charges.

The Senator is being put on trial by the Federal Government on 17-count charges involving criminal diversion of public funds and properties

https://dailypost.ng/2022/05/30/efcc-moves-okorocha-to-court/

Lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Charges Rochas Okorocha To Federal High Court, Abuja by Zonefree(m): 9:46am On May 30, 2022
From court room, they should move him to Kirikiri prison.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EFCC Charges Rochas Okorocha To Federal High Court, Abuja by Joclebs(m): 9:47am On May 30, 2022
EFCC, The Prosecutor and the Judicial system are all guilty of what they wanna accuse this man of!

Believe them at your peril!

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Charges Rochas Okorocha To Federal High Court, Abuja by Bobloco: 9:50am On May 30, 2022
angry
Re: EFCC Charges Rochas Okorocha To Federal High Court, Abuja by Maxymilliano(m): 9:51am On May 30, 2022
Good movebut should be considered for bail so that he can attend APC Presidential screening and primaries ...

100M no be moi moi

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Charges Rochas Okorocha To Federal High Court, Abuja by sweerychick(f): 9:55am On May 30, 2022
you cant run away from karma honestly

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Charges Rochas Okorocha To Federal High Court, Abuja by dynicks(m): 10:19am On May 30, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: EFCC Charges Rochas Okorocha To Federal High Court, Abuja by LibertyRep: 10:19am On May 30, 2022
Better than keeping him in their custody.

The prosecuting team shot ensure they have a watertight case against him otherwise the Gestapo like arrest will be a comedy.
Re: EFCC Charges Rochas Okorocha To Federal High Court, Abuja by iHart(m): 10:19am On May 30, 2022
To think that this man will be laughing in court.
Re: EFCC Charges Rochas Okorocha To Federal High Court, Abuja by mooremoney(m): 10:20am On May 30, 2022
That means they will grant him bail today
Re: EFCC Charges Rochas Okorocha To Federal High Court, Abuja by Johnson225(m): 10:20am On May 30, 2022
Lol. fainting format don cast, baba for don pull stunt!.

Oraimo power bank. 20,000mah available for sale.
Cost: 8k
Color: black.

1 month old.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Charges Rochas Okorocha To Federal High Court, Abuja by KillerCrocodile: 10:20am On May 30, 2022
This matter is Politically Motivated....

Once Rochas seems to be loyal again, the case would die a natural death.

Buhari's fight against Kwaruption is a Fallacious Fiasco...

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Charges Rochas Okorocha To Federal High Court, Abuja by trifted404: 10:20am On May 30, 2022
grin Rochas The stubborn man. They might release him so as to allow him attend APC primaries. Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: EFCC Charges Rochas Okorocha To Federal High Court, Abuja by PrincessofDSS(f): 10:20am On May 30, 2022
The officer beside him was trying so hard to ignore him, that’s to show you that they are palls behind the scene

Who’s fooling who ? They say pictures speaks a thousand words

1 Like

Re: EFCC Charges Rochas Okorocha To Federal High Court, Abuja by jmoore(m): 10:21am On May 30, 2022
Initial gra gra!!

EFCC is a useless organization.

Only the ignorant ones will wish for their enemies to get arrested by EFCC.

Where is Orji Uzor Kalu today? Free.

Only FBI should send shivers down your spine.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Charges Rochas Okorocha To Federal High Court, Abuja by Keepamsafe: 10:21am On May 30, 2022
Omo. The ball has entered my court.

But, im not happy with my court house.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Charges Rochas Okorocha To Federal High Court, Abuja by ObosiLandlord(m): 10:22am On May 30, 2022
One stupid Igbo boy was arguing and absuing him papa when I told him Okorocha has a court case he has been avoiding in Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Charges Rochas Okorocha To Federal High Court, Abuja by maak400: 10:23am On May 30, 2022
Fulani doing southerners strong thing. sad Kyari the tailor and other northern thieves are walking freely. undecided

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Charges Rochas Okorocha To Federal High Court, Abuja by Angelfrost(m): 10:23am On May 30, 2022
You can even hang him there... I don't give a fvck.

One less crook to bother about.
Re: EFCC Charges Rochas Okorocha To Federal High Court, Abuja by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:24am On May 30, 2022
If he is found guilty, he should face the consequences of his actions, if he is not guilty, they should leave him alone.

We let the court of law do their job.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Charges Rochas Okorocha To Federal High Court, Abuja by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:24am On May 30, 2022
Okorohausa and this man started well but changed along the way.
Re: EFCC Charges Rochas Okorocha To Federal High Court, Abuja by ObosiLandlord(m): 10:24am On May 30, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Good movebut should be considered for bail so that he can attend APC Presidential screening and primaries ...

100M no be moi moi
He does not deserve it, he has been avoiding this court case for months

1 Like

Re: EFCC Charges Rochas Okorocha To Federal High Court, Abuja by HappyRabbi: 10:24am On May 30, 2022
Hello Nairalanders, please I beg you
to help me raise 17k, I used the money to attend to an health emergency from an online banking app and now I can't pay back. they have srarted embarrassing me by threatening to call my relatives and colleagues at work and threatening me with court actions. Please I really need help for Christ sake. Am at my wit end already.

UBA
Olajide Timileyin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

‘Only God Will Stop Nigeria From Breaking Up In 2035’ – Primate Ayodele / FG Confirms The Missing Of 110 Dapchi Girls, 7 Days After Boko Haram Attack / Buhari’s Christmas Bonus For The Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.