Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,634 members, 7,958,894 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:51 AM

Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos (5805 Views)

Eyewitness Account Of Fulani Attack In Enugu State......(photos)...Greatiyk4u / Police Recovers Undetonated IED From Yobe Scene Of Damaturu Bomb Attack (pic) / Boko-Haram's Plot To Shoot-down Jonathan’s Plane Foiled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos by OAM4J: 6:08am On Jul 18, 2011
[size=13pt]Police foiled bomb attack in Lagos[/size]

There was pandemonium in the sleepy town of Ikorodu, outskirt of Lagos, yesterday, as a woman suspected to be conveying some substance suspected to be a bomb was arrested at the weekend near a filling station.
The Fulani woman, according to our correspondents, was arrested by the police when a fuel attendant raised an alarm.

The woman, (names withheld) who was said to be carrying a baby, the source told Nigerian Pilot, had approached a filling station attendant to allow her keep in his custody a black cellophane bag containing the suspected deadly substance that has now been transferred to bomb experts in an undisclosed location for test and analysis.

Nigerian Pilot gathered that drama started when the petrol attendant refused to grant the suspected bomb messenger her request, and in an argument that ensued between him and the woman, unsuspecting passers-by including security operatives stationed few metres from the filling station intervened and upon search of the content in the bag, the substance was discovered and she could not give convincing explanation.

It was gathered that the content of the black bag and the woman were whisked away to a nearby police station for further investigation.
It was gathered that the news of the arrest spread across the length and breadth of Ikorodu as residents went wild as parents made frantic efforts to get their children under their cover at home.
The rumour mill was that Boko Haram has invaded the town and pandemonium was let loose.

At the Sagamu Police Station, Ikorodu where the alleged bomb carrier was kept for preliminary interrogation, armed police men were hurriedly deployed to man the entrance to the station while all manners of visitors were sent back except negligible few with very urgent and important business with the station but who were thoroughly searched.The woman it was learnt will immediately be transferred to the state CID Panti for further interrogation.

http://www.nigerianpilot.com/?q=content/police-foil-bomb-attack-lagos
Re: Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos by aljharem3: 6:11am On Jul 18, 2011
na wa oo

why would a reported put "fulani woman" or is she not nigerian again

really NA WA OOO
Re: Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos by OAM4J: 6:43am On Jul 18, 2011
Abeg o, let them keep the bomb out of Lagos o.

Considering the crowd in Lagos, the number of casualties will be so high in the event of any bomb explosion.
Re: Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos by Sunofgod(m): 7:10am On Jul 18, 2011
alj_harem:

na wa oo

why would a reported put "fulani woman" or is she not nigerian again

really NA WA OOO

All Hausa/Fulani/Kanuri men, women and children need to be seen as potential bombers.
Re: Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 18, 2011
They forced her to do it.

Nigerian women, no matter what ethnic, are never interested in such suicidal tactic.

I'm sure she was forced or blackmailed.

BTW, what happened to her baby? I hope the police are gentle on her and her baby.
Re: Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos by RichDad1(m): 7:16am On Jul 18, 2011
If find this hard to believe though: Sagamu Police station in Ikorodu? this Media reporters are liars, so theres no Police station anywhere in Ogodunyan,Ogijo and environs abi? bTW,why would a case from Lagos be transfered to Ogun state with is under a different command??
Re: Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos by werepeLeri: 7:50am On Jul 18, 2011
Rich Dad:

If find this hard to believe though: Sagamu Police station in Ikorodu? this Media reporters are liars, so theres no Police station anywhere in Ogodunyan,Ogijo and environs abi? bTW,why would a case from Lagos be transfered to Ogun state with is under a different command??

Write your own.
Re: Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos by chelseabmw(m): 12:58pm On Jul 18, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 18, 2011
wot kinda rubish news iz dis??
Na bomb? Or na substance??
Or u juz wana hype naija police??
Dz post isnt on point. . .
Make researches b4 posting.
Re: Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos by maclatunji: 1:15pm On Jul 18, 2011
Imanuelle:

wot kinda rubish news iz dis??
Na bomb? Or na substance??
Or u juz wana hype naija police??
Dz post isnt on point. . .
Make researches b4 posting.

You are absolutely right.
Re: Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos by phreakabit(m): 1:21pm On Jul 18, 2011
Rich Dad:

So you want the International community to hear about a bomb scare in MEGA village CITY?  What do you think investors/ prospective investors will say/think about the level of security?
Re: Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos by monkvirus(m): 1:26pm On Jul 18, 2011
The killings they've done ithe north is not enough now they want to disturb our peace in Lagos and course commotion.God punish all of them male or female. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry sad
Re: Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos by playahP(m): 1:31pm On Jul 18, 2011
Please remove this from front page, If this news is not true then ur credibility will be greatly reduced, please take this off front page
Re: Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos by Koolking(m): 1:54pm On Jul 18, 2011
This poster needs attention jor. It would have been all over news. media hype from Nigerian Pilot, I have never heard of the "Nigerian Pilot". This news should be disregarded

unresearched news like this makes NL forum an unserious forum.

Pls, let's be serious
Re: Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos by MrMurdah: 2:00pm On Jul 18, 2011
Jaundiced journalism. This was how rumors were spread by lazybone reporters that Kaduna had been bombed with people killed and buildings destroyed.
And what actually happened was just some cans of insecticide thrown in a garbage bonfire, that left some people slighty scorched and one defaced building.
Some shameless people wud do anything to sell a crappy Nigerian Newspaper.
Re: Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos by shawonlese: 2:19pm On Jul 18, 2011
Hope the substance is not dried Fura de Nunu that the woman will be feeding on later in the day.
Re: Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos by bigl: 2:41pm On Jul 18, 2011
yeah, smack the poster and the newspaper who raised such dust!

But suppose the substance was an explosive and it did went off? I guess if some of u were there, it won't affect u cos "she's a fulani woman", "it could have been fura de nunu", "the newspaper doesnt have credibility", huh?

Bombs wld stil be bombs and u don't Bleep wit explosive materials. tak caution folks. I dont live in lag but i've was opportuned to go to the police headquarters an hour after the bombing (as a security operative) and i tell u, its an horrible sight compared to wat u see on tv.

Those who died there wld not have waited to know whether the suicide bomber was real or not. Or whether he was playing pranks or not.

Abeg, make una take caution o! We don't want no bomb in lagos!
Re: Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos by Desola(f): 2:42pm On Jul 18, 2011

I think the writer meant 'Shagamu Rd, police station' which is in Ikorodu.
Re: Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos by blank(f): 2:52pm On Jul 18, 2011
Re: Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos by buwanhot(m): 3:11pm On Jul 18, 2011
wow,i dont know where to start with this story,is it the lack of facts(or inconsistency),or the name calling(fulani- to generate interest in a story that lacks credibility and journalistic competence but unfortunately is the kind that most Nigerians want to hear). I wonder if:
(1) The newspaper confirmed the ethnicity of the woman(i dont think it matters)
(2) Who did the get the confirmation that it was a bomb? the police? the attendant @ the petrol station(who i believe wouldn't know what a bomb is)
This is just the kind of journalistic crap we keep getting from some newspapers,its just meant to increase sales,too bad,most people will believe it. cry cry cry cry
Re: Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos by EzeUche(m): 3:21pm On Jul 18, 2011
I will hold my comment, until I get more information about this situation. This does not bode well for Nigeria if this is indeed true.
Re: Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 18, 2011
What's the validity of this news story? We should be intelligent enough to confirm a news story before posting it on a public forum like this one.
Re: Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos by mathskill: 3:38pm On Jul 18, 2011
The writer of this topic is deceitful and disingenuous.The questions to be asked are

1.where did a potential suicide bomber ever beg/negotiate to place a bomb,
2.A suicide bomber with a baby  on her back
3.Police taking the woman to police station  along with the suspected bomb .
4.which government or security target is present at the filling station to warrant an attack there.
5.Where in the world have you heard police keeping a bomb in the police station.

A supposed educated journalist wrote this just to sell his paper the least we expect of someone posting the piece is he or she should weigh the  sense vis a vis the rubbish in it before posting.
Re: Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos by blank(f): 3:40pm On Jul 18, 2011
Who can confirm this to us?

I really feel its junk journalism.
Re: Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos by redsun(m): 3:40pm On Jul 18, 2011
Could theyy have been mess-ing with a bomb like that without it going off?And will d woman want to hand it over to somebody?
Re: Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos by redsun(m): 3:43pm On Jul 18, 2011
All she needed to do was hide it somewhere and let it go off at d set time or blow herself up immediately with d poor child?
Re: Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos by nigerhead(m): 3:43pm On Jul 18, 2011
I'm gon put my neck out and say this is some [size=8pt][size=8pt]OLE BULLSHIT[/size][/size] news , it makes no sense ,

1. "substance" that is suspected to be a bomb
2. a certain "fulani" woman who just decided to keep a bag with a petrol station attendant, and when that one refused, she started arguing with him

lets say she knew she had a substance (read bomb) with her why does she need to meet the attendant? , I pretty sure that the covers to the underground tanks will be somewhere outside, just leave the bomb around them discreetly , and kaboooooooooooom! (well, I did commerce in school, so I'm speaking based on all the 8 seasons of 24 that I watched not too long ago)

lets say she didnt know what substance (, bomb) she had with her, so someone sent her , (yeah right?) , why would the person send her all the way from the north to go to one petrol station in Ikorodu, when Ikoyi and Lekki dem, no too far away again, or na Goodluck get the petrol station.

How does the reporter know sef that it is bomb , the reporter too must be Boko Haram.

All these fake news papers should stop stoking the fire, if they are not sure about something, investigate properly.

(I'm just bored right now, thats why I have time to type all these arrant nonsense!)
Re: Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos by redsun(m): 3:47pm On Jul 18, 2011
What will stop dem from loading their bombs in malu truck and transport it to lagos to cause mayhem?Virtually nothing
Re: Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 18, 2011
The information about the editor/publisher explains it all:

The publication is a general interest Daily National Newspaper circulated across the Nation with strong bias in News, politics, business, sports and general interest reporting
Re: Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos by redsun(m): 3:49pm On Jul 18, 2011
Police will only be concerned with egunje and wave through without proper search
Re: Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos by tpia5: 3:53pm On Jul 18, 2011
can they please make sure the woman is fulani because having a hamitic appearance doesnt automatically make you fulani.

if she is, then they should find out where she's from and who she's been socializing with.
Re: Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 18, 2011
No point whining! Dont we have people in Lagos or Ikorodu on this forum again? If we have, then let thm confirm o refute this news. I think this is the beauty of NL.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Onyebuchi Chukwu Stole $29 million meant for vaccines - GAVI / Another Great Man Of God Gives Clear Verdict About February Polls / Buhari Declares Free Tuition In All Federal Universities & Polytechnics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.