Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,548 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

Samuel Kanu-Uche: Kidnappers Showed Us Decomposing Bodies, N100m Ransom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Samuel Kanu-Uche: Kidnappers Showed Us Decomposing Bodies, N100m Ransom (41896 Views)

Breaking!!! Methodist Prelate Samuel Kanu Uche Abductors Arrested / Methodist Church Prelate, Samuel Kanu, 2 Others Kidnapped In Abia / Bandits Threaten To Kill 17 Greenfield Students If N100m Ransom Is Not Paid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samuel Kanu-Uche: Kidnappers Showed Us Decomposing Bodies, N100m Ransom by greenermodels: 6:03am On Jun 01, 2022
The Prelate of the Methodist Church of Nigeria, His Eminence, Samuel Kanu-Uche, who was abducted by hoodlums in Abia State, has said N100m was paid by the church to secure his freedom.

The cleric, who spoke during a press briefing in Lagos on Tuesday, said the kidnappers showed him decomposing bodies of some past victims.

Kanu-Uche was abducted on Sunday along the Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway in the Umunneochi Local Government Area of Abia State.

He was taken together with his chaplain, Very Rev. Abidemi Shittu, and the Bishop of Owerri, Rt. Rev. Dennis Mark.

The prelate said his team was going to the airport when they were attacked.

He said, “In order to catch up with my flight at 4pm, we took off by 2pm to go to the airport, oblivious of the fact that kidnappers were waiting on the road.

“As we were descending to Ileru in Abia State, they came out from the bush and divided themselves into three groups.

“Some were at the back, some at the centre. Then there was another group in front to make sure we did not run away. They fired shots at our vehicle and eventually abducted three of us. The communication man of the church and the driver escaped.

“They took us into the bush and tortured us. In the process of the torture, I hit my right eye on a tree and even when blood was flowing and was soaking my handkerchief, they did not feel like anything happened. All they said was that we should follow them.”

He noted that the eight-man gang was made up of “Fulani boys,” who claimed to be against the government.

The cleric said only one of the hoodlums understood English, while others spoke Fulfulde.

“They even said that if they get Buhari, they will chew him to pieces because he had disappointed them.

“We were taken into the bush and we trekked up to 15 kilometres. Eventually at 11pm, they said we should negotiate and each of us should pay N50m, making N150m,” he added.

He said when he tried to reduce the ransom, the gang threatened to shoot him, adding that their leader was about 35 years old.

Kanu-Uche said the men later pegged the ransom at N100m.

The cleric said he reached out to leaders of the church and his wife to raise the money by all means.

The prelate said he observed that military men were around the place where the hoodlums operated, while their cows were also around the vicinity.

“They pointed their guns at us. They threatened that if we involved the DSS, police or Army, they would kill us.

“They said down there, there is a gully of seven decomposing bodies and we cut off their heads. We also perceived the odour of killed human beings.

“Their leader asked for five Ghana-Must-Go bags for the N100m. He also said Lagos is on their radar.

“I am asking that the government should act now before another thing starts to happen.

“The Methodist church sent N100m for the three of us who were kidnapped. The money came from members of the Methodist Church of Nigeria. The Nigerian Army is complicit in the kidnapping,” he added.

His wife, Florence, while thanking God for the safe return of the cleric, implored the Federal Government to ensure the security of lives and property.

The Chairman, Christian Association of Nigeria, Lagos chapter, Bishop Stephen Adegbite, said it was the duty of the government to protect lives and property.

He said, “The Buhari government has a lot to do. This is a problem of leadership. The ransom paid was from the church and government does not have a hand in it. We don’t have oil wells and anyone who attacks the church, taking money is taking blood money.”

A security expert, Dickson Osagie, said there was a gradual shift of kidnappers from the poor to influential members of society.

He said, “We need to hold the government accountable. For instance, they meet bandits and pay them off. Each time you do this, they are satisfying criminality. The criminals want to excel in their business. They don’t need 10 poor people anymore. They can go for one big protected or unprotected target and strike.

“The administration of criminal justice should be more refined to show the kidnappers that kidnapping is a death penalty. There must be strict punishment. Otherwise there will continue to be a high rise of high profile victims. We could strike out the idea of negotiation but it won’t be the case if anyone of us is kidnapped. Negotiation can only be eradicated when we have a responsive and reactive security mechanism in place. Our security system is defeated. So if the government cannot protect you, you need to protect yourself to get out of these criminals’ dens.”

https://punchng.com/kidnappers-showed-us-decomposing-bodies-church-paid-n100m-ransom-methodist-prelate/

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Samuel Kanu-Uche: Kidnappers Showed Us Decomposing Bodies, N100m Ransom by mrvitalis(m): 6:04am On Jun 01, 2022
We told them ,we shouted it here but they just wanted to blame IPOB

276 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Samuel Kanu-Uche: Kidnappers Showed Us Decomposing Bodies, N100m Ransom by helinues: 6:05am On Jun 01, 2022
Fulani herdsmen had the itinerary of the kidnapped priest to the extent he was picked after leaving airport.

Same troubled SE with UGM everywhere.

Okay we have read

40 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Samuel Kanu-Uche: Kidnappers Showed Us Decomposing Bodies, N100m Ransom by Northernblood5(m): 6:06am On Jun 01, 2022
He noted that the eight-man gang was made up of “Fulani boys,” who claimed to be against the government.

The cleric said only one of the hoodlums understood English, while others spoke Fulfulde.

The prelate said he observed that military men were around the place where the hoodlums operated, while their cows were also around the vicinity.

Igbos are on the verge of extinction. These are the people we sent and Funded ESN to fight against but unfortunately, they left the duty, colluded with the enermy to oppress Igbos further.

It's quite unfortunate that Bandits has invaded Igbo land while we are still sitting at home waiting for Biafra according to Ekpa.

sonature1:

Some of you Igbos need to have your brains reformatted. Tell me one tribe that Fulani herdsmen haven't attacked in Nigeria. Every day, you keep wailing and disturbing everyone. This is sickening. You lots are terribly sick and need help!

That's the difference between Ndị Igbo and others. We value human lives while others pretend everything Is normal. Now, tell me who is sick between us and your people?

126 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Samuel Kanu-Uche: Kidnappers Showed Us Decomposing Bodies, N100m Ransom by Agwotulumbe(f): 6:09am On Jun 01, 2022
[s]
helinues:
Fulani herdsmen had the itinerary of the kidnapped priest to the extent he was picked after leaving airport.

Okay we have read
[/s]
Shut up
you think everyone lies like you.

When it's not suitable to you, you call it lies.

114 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Samuel Kanu-Uche: Kidnappers Showed Us Decomposing Bodies, N100m Ransom by helinues: 6:11am On Jun 01, 2022
Agwotulumbe:
[s][/s]
Shut up
you think everyone lies like you.

When it's not suitable to you, you call it lies.

Stop being incoherent on threads.

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Samuel Kanu-Uche: Kidnappers Showed Us Decomposing Bodies, N100m Ransom by Agwotulumbe(f): 6:13am On Jun 01, 2022
helinues:

Stop being incoherent on threads.
tell that to the gods.

everything must not be in your favor for it to be true.

know this and have peace.

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Samuel Kanu-Uche: Kidnappers Showed Us Decomposing Bodies, N100m Ransom by inoki247: 6:14am On Jun 01, 2022
Which Faction of Fulani be this the DSS Faction cos ESN don clear d bush from Herdsmen already shocked shocked shocked

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Samuel Kanu-Uche: Kidnappers Showed Us Decomposing Bodies, N100m Ransom by MANDIPUTIN: 6:14am On Jun 01, 2022
The mods will never move this news that clearly indict the Fulanis & their cohorts in the military.
Its the larger propaganda to silence any such news.
The Prelate said "The Nigerian Army is complicit in the kidnapping,”

Edited:
The mods eventually developed some balls & did the needful.
I don't know why the media are afraid of calling out the Tribe that are mostly killing & Kidnapping people (Fulani). Instead, they rather twist & call them bandits & unknown gunmen. They're simply Fulanis militias. QED

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Samuel Kanu-Uche: Kidnappers Showed Us Decomposing Bodies, N100m Ransom by Born2Breed(f): 6:16am On Jun 01, 2022
greenermodels:
The Prelate of the Methodist Church of Nigeria, His Eminence, Samuel Kanu-Uche, who was abducted by hoodlums in Abia State, has said N100m was paid by the church to secure his freedom.

The cleric, who spoke during a press briefing in Lagos on Tuesday, said the kidnappers showed him decomposing bodies of some past victims.

Kanu-Uche was abducted on Sunday along the Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway in the Umunneochi Local Government Area of Abia State.

He was taken together with his chaplain, Very Rev. Abidemi Shittu, and the Bishop of Owerri, Rt. Rev. Dennis Mark.

The prelate said his team was going to the airport when they were attacked.

He said, “In order to catch up with my flight at 4pm, we took off by 2pm to go to the airport, oblivious of the fact that kidnappers were waiting on the road.

“As we were descending to Ileru in Abia State, they came out from the bush and divided themselves into three groups.

“Some were at the back, some at the centre. Then there was another group in front to make sure we did not run away. They fired shots at our vehicle and eventually abducted three of us. The communication man of the church and the driver escaped.

“They took us into the bush and tortured us. In the process of the torture, I hit my right eye on a tree and even when blood was flowing and was soaking my handkerchief, they did not feel like anything happened. All they said was that we should follow them.”

“They even said that if they get Buhari, they will chew him to pieces because he had disappointed them.

“We were taken into the bush and we trekked up to 15 kilometres. Eventually at 11pm, they said we should negotiate and each of us should pay N50m, making N150m,” he added.

He said when he tried to reduce the ransom, the gang threatened to shoot him, adding that their leader was about 35 years old.

Kanu-Uche said the men later pegged the ransom at N100m.

The cleric said he reached out to leaders of the church and his wife to raise the money by all means.

“They pointed their guns at us. They threatened that if we involved the DSS, police or Army, they would kill us.

“They said down there, there is a gully of seven decomposing bodies and we cut off their heads. We also perceived the odour of killed human beings.

“Their leader asked for five Ghana-Must-Go bags for the N100m. He also said Lagos is on their radar.

“I am asking that the government should act now before another thing starts to happen.

“The Methodist church sent N100m for the three of us who were kidnapped. The money came from members of the Methodist Church of Nigeria. The Nigerian Army is complicit in the kidnapping,” he added.

His wife, Florence, while thanking God for the safe return of the cleric, implored the Federal Government to ensure the security of lives and property.

The Chairman, Christian Association of Nigeria, Lagos chapter, Bishop Stephen Adegbite, said it was the duty of the government to protect lives and property.

He said, “The Buhari government has a lot to do. This is a problem of leadership. The ransom paid was from the church and government does not have a hand in it. We don’t have oil wells and anyone who attacks the church, taking money is taking blood money.”

A security expert, Dickson Osagie, said there was a gradual shift of kidnappers from the poor to influential members of society.

He said, “We need to hold the government accountable. For instance, they meet bandits and pay them off. Each time you do this, they are satisfying criminality. The criminals want to excel in their business. They don’t need 10 poor people anymore. They can go for one big protected or unprotected target and strike.

“The administration of criminal justice should be more refined to show the kidnappers that kidnapping is a death penalty. There must be strict punishment. Otherwise there will continue to be a high rise of high profile victims. We could strike out the idea of negotiation but it won’t be the case if anyone of us is kidnapped. Negotiation can only be eradicated when we have a responsive and reactive security mechanism in place. Our security system is defeated. So if the government cannot protect you, you need to protect yourself to get out of these criminals’ dens.”

https://punchng.com/kidnappers-showed-us-decomposing-bodies-church-paid-n100m-ransom-methodist-prelate/

If only ESN were smart enough to stop the stay at home declaration and focus on chasing Fulani,everything would have been okay and their sympathizers would have been massive all across.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Samuel Kanu-Uche: Kidnappers Showed Us Decomposing Bodies, N100m Ransom by Agwotulumbe(f): 6:16am On Jun 01, 2022
helinues:

Comprehension should be blamed for your case.

You can read but can't comprehend. Too bad
shatap stop talking nonsense

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samuel Kanu-Uche: Kidnappers Showed Us Decomposing Bodies, N100m Ransom by gidgiddy: 6:19am On Jun 01, 2022
MANDIPUTIN:
The mods will never move this news version that clearly shows how involved Fulanis & their cohort in the military are causing havoc all over Nigeria.
Its the larger propaganda to silence any such news that indict the Fulanis

Of course. If they had said it was IPOB that did the kidnapping, long time this would have hit front page

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Samuel Kanu-Uche: Kidnappers Showed Us Decomposing Bodies, N100m Ransom by Maxymilliano(m): 6:21am On Jun 01, 2022
When are we going to read the Nigeria Police version of the release of the prelate especially on how the kidnappers were ambushed at the point of collecting ransom, with heavy exchange of gunfire's and kidnappers escaping with bullet wounds grin

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Samuel Kanu-Uche: Kidnappers Showed Us Decomposing Bodies, N100m Ransom by Nobody: 6:22am On Jun 01, 2022
Fulani kidnappers? grin

Lies!

Prelate as descended to telling lies!

2 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Samuel Kanu-Uche: Kidnappers Showed Us Decomposing Bodies, N100m Ransom by PDJT: 6:24am On Jun 01, 2022
-Heartbreaking for the families whose sons and daughters were kidnapped around that area. My heart goes to those students and bus passengers who were recently kidnapped around that Okigwe axis.

-Okezie Ikpeazu and Hope Uzodinma are there following Wike and Fulani politicians sheepishly.

-Soonest the people shall rise.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Samuel Kanu-Uche: Kidnappers Showed Us Decomposing Bodies, N100m Ransom by PDJT: 6:33am On Jun 01, 2022
helinues:

Okay we have read

-Go and watch his presser on YouTube, if you can't read basic English.

-UGM = Fulani murderers.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Samuel Kanu-Uche: Kidnappers Showed Us Decomposing Bodies, N100m Ransom by Righthussle: 6:34am On Jun 01, 2022
I don't understand.

How will someone like me who is not a Christian
nor a Muslim pay ransom when I'm kidnapped and the people who claim to be under the direct protection of the holy spirit and angel Michael, people who claim to work for the creator of the universe pay even higher when they're kidnapped.

Was angel Michael aware that the prelate was kidnapped? Why didn't he rescue him ? What of the holy ghost and his fire ? Abi the holy spirit wey dey Nigeria no dey rescue person or na only to kill by fire e dey do?

Or did the prelate not release the holy ghost fire on the kidnappers? Or him release am but the fire no catch ?

Religion na BIG scam

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Samuel Kanu-Uche: Kidnappers Showed Us Decomposing Bodies, N100m Ransom by Advocate500: 6:39am On Jun 01, 2022
Nigerian military personnel are aiding and abetting criminality in the eastern region.

78 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Samuel Kanu-Uche: Kidnappers Showed Us Decomposing Bodies, N100m Ransom by RealityKings: 6:41am On Jun 01, 2022
its a fxcked up situation out there. stay safe yall

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Samuel Kanu-Uche: Kidnappers Showed Us Decomposing Bodies, N100m Ransom by Promismike(m): 6:42am On Jun 01, 2022
Ok
Re: Samuel Kanu-Uche: Kidnappers Showed Us Decomposing Bodies, N100m Ransom by Jesuschristus: 6:42am On Jun 01, 2022
Nigeria is terrible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Samuel Kanu-Uche: Kidnappers Showed Us Decomposing Bodies, N100m Ransom by IamWonderful: 6:43am On Jun 01, 2022
This sounds like a movie written by typical Igbo for sale at 100 million, if you don't get it forget it

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Samuel Kanu-Uche: Kidnappers Showed Us Decomposing Bodies, N100m Ransom by compton11(m): 6:43am On Jun 01, 2022
Why wasting the 100m naira on something they can pray on top?

Jesus said whatever u ask in my name would be done.

And I will do whatever you ask in My name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son,If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.

John 14:13-14

If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

John 15:7

3 Likes

Re: Samuel Kanu-Uche: Kidnappers Showed Us Decomposing Bodies, N100m Ransom by WibusJaga: 6:44am On Jun 01, 2022
If our police are serious, Kidnapping is not supposed to be a difficult crime to solve when ransom was paid & victim released alive.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Samuel Kanu-Uche: Kidnappers Showed Us Decomposing Bodies, N100m Ransom by PrincessofDSS(f): 6:44am On Jun 01, 2022
At least to speed up the ransom payment.

Bible said call me in the days of trouble and I will answer you, Pastor why were calling the church members instead calling on God
Re: Samuel Kanu-Uche: Kidnappers Showed Us Decomposing Bodies, N100m Ransom by FuckDModz: 6:45am On Jun 01, 2022
grin

The Nigerian Army is a terrorist organization. Know this and act accordingly...

That said, anybody roaming about with cows in the SE should be killed on sight!

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Samuel Kanu-Uche: Kidnappers Showed Us Decomposing Bodies, N100m Ransom by Fodsod: 6:45am On Jun 01, 2022
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR ALL BUSINESS OWNERS.

If you're very serious about taking your business to the next level in 2022, then this is the most important letter you will read today and you need to pay close attention.

In 2018, my friend Femi lost a business deal worth millions of naira just because a prospective client couldn’t verify his company’s authenticity online. He had carried out a research on the internet and found nothing meaningful about my friend's business, so he lost interest.

In 2020 however, Femi was awarded three massive contracts that completely transformed the finances of his business. Do you know where these clients found out about his business?

Yes! You guessed right. Just as you may have thought, all of his new clients got to know about Femi's business through the internet.

THIS IS 2022 AND IF YOUR BRAND/BUSINESS DOESN'T HAVE A WEBSITE AND AN ONLINE PRESENCE, YOU'RE LOSING BOTH TIME AND MONEY!

Take quick notice of the following recent statistics:
✓ 81% of people research a business or service online before making a purchase decision.
✓ 56% of people stated that they won’t trust a business or company without a website.
✓ 79% of prospects who read online reviews about a business, believe them completely.

By not having a website, you are leaving so much money on the table. You are losing the opportunity to get in touch with potential customers. You're losing the opening to build credibility. You're losing the chance to take your business to the global stage.

Businesses that do not include having a website in their business plan will have a difficult time competing and growing in today's environment.

If you’re going to do one thing today to help your business become more successful, it is to get your business a website.

A high-quality website will offer your business the following advantages:
✓ Your potential customers are able to conduct business whenever it is convenient for them. With a well-designed website, your business is open 24 hours a day.
✓ Consumers have more confidence in businesses that have a web presence. They can learn about your products and services, your company’s structure, your civic involvement, your awards and your customer-service policies.
✓ With a website, you have the opportunity to brand your business with your own domain name.
✓ Since websites can be designed to be fluid and interactive, you can learn about your target market and engage them in conversations about their needs and expectations.
✓ Websites help retain existing customers by providing easily-accessed customer service.
✓ There's a whole lot more.

Now, you may wonder how you could get your business a website and what it may cost. I have good news for you. There’s a brand that is currently running a 60% discount on their web design service. If you act fast, you can get your business a website with as little as 55K!

Starting at just 55k, they will build your website with free hosting and domain registration, optimize your website so it can easily be found on search engines like Google and also employ free copywriting services in the content of your website.

Reach out to them as soon as possible via the phone on the flyer below. You can call or send a WhatsApp message. It is in your best interest to act fast as the discount could end anytime soon.

PS: Would you rather exchange 55k for the assured success of your business or will you use the money to enjoy yourself today? Successful business people think long term. Unsuccessful ones think short term. Which one are you?

PS 2: If you truly want to take your business to the next level, call them on the number on the flyer below or contact them via WhatsApp NOW!

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State / RCCG Did Not Endorse Osinbajo As Buhari’s Running Mate – Pastor Adeboye / Kola Aluko Lost Weight In New Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.