Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,167 members, 7,835,905 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Commuters Groan As Lagos Govt Enforces Ban On ‘Okada’ Operations - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Commuters Groan As Lagos Govt Enforces Ban On ‘Okada’ Operations (21120 Views)

Ban On Okada Operations In 4 Additional Local Governments Begins Today In Lagos / Lagos Bans Okada Operations In 4 More Local Governments / Governor El-Rufai Climbs Truck As He Enforces Ban On Inter-State Movement (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Commuters Groan As Lagos Govt Enforces Ban On ‘Okada’ Operations by luluman: 9:44pm On Jun 02, 2022
God1000:
yeah I agree, I raised an eyebrow yesterday regarding this ban and some Nigerians were not happy with my comment.

The government is taking away their sources of income without providing another
Better go sleep. If they discovered okada by themselves they should find another source of daily living. The harm they constitute is more than the benefit.
Re: Commuters Groan As Lagos Govt Enforces Ban On ‘Okada’ Operations by davidtemi(m): 9:50pm On Jun 02, 2022
wis3:
you go provide them with the Keke Napep? The ones that can afford it will buy it and the ones that can't afford it will be left to their fate. It's just the unfortunate reality. And calling the government will only fall on deaf ears because it has too much on its plate already
But sincerely don't u want bikes to be ban??
I was on my route dis morning and for real I love it. Aside dat, d banditry/kidnapping in d country can only survive using bikes. So to me okada ban ll reduce such from happening. Okadas in my area are d lord's, u can't even argue with dem anylonger, d fear of harming u is there.
Re: Commuters Groan As Lagos Govt Enforces Ban On ‘Okada’ Operations by wis3(m): 9:53pm On Jun 02, 2022
davidtemi:

But sincerely don't u want bikes to be ban??
I was on my route dis morning and for real I love it. Aside dat, d banditry/kidnapping in d country can only survive using bikes. So to me okada ban ll reduce such from happening. Okadas in my area are d lord's, u can't even argue with dem anylonger, d fear of harming u is there.
A
Of course I want it to be scrapped. A large number of accidents on many major roads us attributed to/caused by some of these motorcyclists but I think it should be done rationally. Engage these people into something, anything that puts food on their table and everything will be okay

1 Like

Re: Commuters Groan As Lagos Govt Enforces Ban On ‘Okada’ Operations by davidtemi(m): 9:57pm On Jun 02, 2022
wis3:
I feel the ban should not have been made outright. Alternatives should have been made before making the decision.
Make we no deceive ourselves...d alternative will not reach d crime minded ones and wat we dnt want to happen will still be. Cos it will now be mostly d learned dat will enjoy d alternative
Re: Commuters Groan As Lagos Govt Enforces Ban On ‘Okada’ Operations by wis3(m): 9:58pm On Jun 02, 2022
davidtemi:

Make we no deceive ourselves...d alternative will not reach d crime minded ones and wat we dnt want to happen will still be. Cos it will now be mostly d learned dat will enjoy d alternative
lol.. but in the end.. you'd still have less crime because there's an alternative and some of them would jump at it no matter how small.
Re: Commuters Groan As Lagos Govt Enforces Ban On ‘Okada’ Operations by davidtemi(m): 10:00pm On Jun 02, 2022
wis3:
lol.. but in the end.. you'd still have less crime because there's an alternative and some of them would jump at it no matter how small.
DEFINITELY �
Re: Commuters Groan As Lagos Govt Enforces Ban On ‘Okada’ Operations by Fashdeejay(m): 10:06pm On Jun 02, 2022
Clean2016:

See what they did in Abuja, attempted burning down a whole estate
That's just one of many to come if we are not careful, we are being infiltrated by passive insurgents and they'll start with small pockets of violence before it escalates.... Where in the north do we have any obas or ezes but in the south they have serikis and all.... We are too lackadaisical with security in the south as a whole...
Re: Commuters Groan As Lagos Govt Enforces Ban On ‘Okada’ Operations by Kdon2: 10:16pm On Jun 02, 2022
God1000:
yeah I agree, I raised an eyebrow yesterday regarding this ban and some Nigerians were not happy with my comment.

They have become a menace and a future threat to peace already!
Re: Commuters Groan As Lagos Govt Enforces Ban On ‘Okada’ Operations by FILEBE(m): 11:08pm On Jun 02, 2022
God1000:

Nigerians and the way we think. What exactly do we want int this country ? What do we want for ourselves ? A good leader doesn't have to please everyone .

When computers were taking over the jobs of manual workers enmasse in the US, they were all saying same as you said , now look where they are now.

If the govt can present alternative means, they should m if they can't, it is no biggie. Everyone should adapt. Stealing or being a thief for this reason isn't an excuse at all.. other states have done it and it worked , people moved on.. Here we are making excuses for backwardness .
The govt should employ them as what? If you have a solution, say it out, maybe the govt will listen. GOVt are humans too
Re: Commuters Groan As Lagos Govt Enforces Ban On ‘Okada’ Operations by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jun 02, 2022
Traffic was somehow lighter today. My thoughts and prayers with all those affected I believe it’s a clarion call for another business opportunity Roadside Assistance or shuttle service or even better yet you are daring enough to sit Untop of a fuel tank join the force or police for a better nation. Don’t give up God knows your life has meaning. A few bad eggs always spoil the bunch. It’s not do or die. Join money and buy Korope
Re: Commuters Groan As Lagos Govt Enforces Ban On ‘Okada’ Operations by highoctane: 7:48am On Jun 03, 2022
God1000:
This will surely have a negative effect on lagosians

I'm not against okada ban, but government should not abandon them

Not abandon them, in what sense? Was it because they are working for the government? Because they pay their tax as and when due? Was it because they are no longer making returns from their failure to fill to the brim broken limbs in orthopedic hospitals owned by the government? Mortuary is now becoming empty, because less dead bodies are not trucked in on daily basis?.
Re: Commuters Groan As Lagos Govt Enforces Ban On ‘Okada’ Operations by AlphaWolf27: 9:47am On Jun 03, 2022
wis3:
Crime would be on the rise and we'd have more problems on our hands. I hate this country.

What are you waiting for. Pack up and leave na. Smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Sacks Senator Emmanuel Bwacha For Defecting to APC / Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo / Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.