Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,421 members, 7,861,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:07 AM

Why Did God Not Protect The Kids Shot And Killed At Owo - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Not Protect The Kids Shot And Killed At Owo (2857 Views)

Funeral Mass For The Victims Of The St Francis Catholic Church, Owo Holds Today / Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? / Lords Chosen Man: "I Fought A Demonic Cat And Killed It In Osun" (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Not Protect The Kids Shot And Killed At Owo by Image123(m): 2:55pm On Jun 10, 2022
LordReed:

How is that different from any other human being especially non believers in your Jesus?

Suffering for righteousness sake. Jesus Christ was crucified like any thief but not same reason, Paul was in prison with many criminals but not same reason.
Re: Why Did God Not Protect The Kids Shot And Killed At Owo by Obafavour(m): 2:56pm On Jun 10, 2022
@kobojunkie
You lack understanding a lot, the word of God is a big mystery to you.
If you give your heart to jesus, is it not same thing to abide with him? Can't you think?!!! Is until a word is used in all diversity before you understand?
If this's what you heard and you believe the pastors and the true christians are lying then you are greatest fool on earth, atheists are better than you. Lack of understand is a big problem to you.
When it comes to language we can use it in diversity, that's why we have different version of the bible, think!!! You forcing this out of my mouth. You're grown up.
Re: Why Did God Not Protect The Kids Shot And Killed At Owo by Obafavour(m): 3:01pm On Jun 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
In Unity?

Did Jesus Christ teach you, anyywhere there in Luke 22 vs 15 - 20, that if you eat His body and drink His blood alone, that you will be denied eternal life and a change at the agreement which God offers to you as an individual- Matthew 26 vs 28- 30? undecided
See exposing yourself.
If jesus isn't in support of assemblies will he gather men to preach?
Or what do you think he was doing in temple?
Or you're expecting jesus to build cathedral before you know he's gathering men. LOL.
Re: Why Did God Not Protect The Kids Shot And Killed At Owo by Kobojunkie: 3:03pm On Jun 10, 2022
Obafavour:
1. You lack understanding a lot, the word of God is a big mystery to you.

2. If you give your heart to jesus, is it not same thing to abide with him? Can't you think?!!! Is until a word is used in all diversity before you understand?

3. If this's what you heard and you believe the pastors and the true christians are lying then you are greatest fool on earth, atheists are better than you. Lack of understand is a big problem to you.

4. When it comes to language we can use it in diversity, that's why we have different version of the bible, think!!! You forcing this out of my mouth. You're grown up.
1. Clearly, what you claim remains a mystery to you isn't to me. This again since i take Jesus Christ at His Word in this. undecided

2. Abiding in Jesus Christ has to do with abiding in His teachings(and commandments) .I.e. continuous submission to and obedience of His Word. That is what it means to abide in Jesus Christ. undecided

Now, you have yet to explain exactly what you mean by giving your heart to Jesus Christ though since if obviously means something different from abiding in Him as explained right there in John 15 vs 1 - 11 . undecided

3. Jesus Christ Himself declared them liars. If your pastors and true Christians don't even believe the Words of Jesus Christ , the Christ in the word Christian, then you ought to question your understanding of what it means to be Christian. undecided

4. What are you blabbering on about now. Human languages are of the world of men and have nothing to do with God aka nothing holy about them either.. undecided
Re: Why Did God Not Protect The Kids Shot And Killed At Owo by Kobojunkie: 3:08pm On Jun 10, 2022
Obafavour:
1. See exposing yourself. If jesus isn't in support of assemblies will he gather men to preach?

Or what do you think he was doing in temple?
Or you're expecting jesus to build cathedral before you know he's gathering men. LOL.
1. Did Jesus Christ command your Assemblies that you would pretend you have permission given you by Him to gather them using His name? undecided

Jesus Christ gave you approximately 100 commandments stipulating exactly what you can or cannot do in His name. None of the almost 100 laws allows you to gather even a crowd using His name. Again, your churches/assemblies were not commanded by Him. undecided

You are free to gather people if you like, but you sin against Him when you gather them using His name where He never gave you such permission to do so.. undecided

Again, read John 15 vs 1 - 11. There Jesus Christ tells you of His Church and How it is structured. undecided

As for your churches, they are mostly affiliated with the governments and systems of this world which they are registered with. undecided
Re: Why Did God Not Protect The Kids Shot And Killed At Owo by Obafavour(m): 3:15pm On Jun 10, 2022
@kobojunkie
There's no how your heart is given to jesus that you won't abide in him. It means your heart is his. He's abiding in you and you in him. You're not a kid think!!! I tire for u o.

Language can be used in expressing God's word, for a better understand. I'm not saying languages are holy. We can express God's word in different version of language. And God reveals himself to people according to the context of their culture, language is a culture. God won't reveal himself in yoruba to a chinese who doesn't understand yoruba. SIMPLE!!
Re: Why Did God Not Protect The Kids Shot And Killed At Owo by Kobojunkie: 3:23pm On Jun 10, 2022
Obafavour:
1. There's no how your heart is given to jesus that you won't abide in him. It means your heart is his. He's abiding in you and you in him. You're not a kid think!!! I tire for u o.

2. Language can be used in expressing God's word, for a better understand. I'm not saying languages are holy. We can express God's word in different version of language. And God reveals himself to people according to the context of their culture, language is a culture. God won't reveal himself in yoruba to a chinese who doesn't understand yoruba. SIMPLE!!
1. Yet billions of you claim to have given your heart to Jesus Christ, most all of them instead choosing to abide by the doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches) which Jesus Christ warned were lies where the Truth of God is concerned? undecided

P.S. Jesus Christ never asked you for your heart. Instead He asked you to change from the Old way of living to a new way of living which He gives to you .I.e. repent and be born-again. It is after that that God Himself will give you a new heart according to His promise in Ezekiel 36 vs 25 - 27 undecided

2. The point is scripture was given to men(humans) and written down in human language to be comprehended by human minds. There is nothing holy about that process or the printing of the books.. undecided
Re: Why Did God Not Protect The Kids Shot And Killed At Owo by Obafavour(m): 3:30pm On Jun 10, 2022
@kobojunkie You're dumb o, giving your heart and changing from old ways can't you think? Eph 3:12, mat 18:20 and heb 10:25. And who said languages are holy? Are u this dumb? @kobojunkie
Re: Why Did God Not Protect The Kids Shot And Killed At Owo by Kobojunkie: 3:40pm On Jun 10, 2022
Obafavour:
1. You're dumb o, giving your heart and changing from old ways can't you think?
2. Eph 3:12, mat 18:20 and heb 10:25.
3. And who said languages are holy? Are u this dumb?
1. You are not making any sense still. Again, Jesus Christ never asked you for your heart. Instead He asked you to change from the Old way of living to a new way of living which He gives to you .I.e. repent and be born-again. It is after that that God Himself will give you a new heart according to His promise in Ezekiel 36 vs 25 - 27 undecided

2. Nothing in Matthew 18 vs 20 justifies any of the claims you continue to make. And since you are not Hebrew, I don't see how that stated in [b]Hebrew 10 vs 25[/b]even begins to apply to you since it refers instead to those descended from Jacob.. undecided

3. If you agree then that humans are not holy, and language is not holy, then surely you see how the book cannot be said to be of holiness.. undecided
Re: Why Did God Not Protect The Kids Shot And Killed At Owo by Obafavour(m): 4:43pm On Jun 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. You are not making any sense still. Again, Jesus Christ never asked you for your heart. Instead He asked you to change from the Old way of living to a new way of living which He gives to you .I.e. repent and be born-again. It is after that that God Himself will give you a new heart according to His promise in Ezekiel 36 vs 25 - 27 undecided

2. Nothing in Matthew 18 vs 20 justifies any of the claims you continue to make. And since you are not Hebrew, I don't see how that stated in [b]Hebrew 10 vs 25[/b]even begins to apply to you since it refers instead to those descended from Jacob.. undecided

3. If you agree then that humans are not holy, and language is not holy, then surely you see how the book cannot be said to be of holiness.. undecided
And you believe the book to be the source of your salvation and where you saw the teachings of jesus, but it's not longer holy all because of "i hate churches"
I leave you to your reprobate mind.
Re: Why Did God Not Protect The Kids Shot And Killed At Owo by michaelwestern(m): 5:26pm On Jun 10, 2022
NewSoul:
I am not an atheist please. But I was just wondering what sin a year or 2 year old would have committed that prevented angels from keeping charge over his little children.

I did not purposely want to include the adults because a christian here (Dtrusthspeaker) will say that they are just church goers and that they are not true born again and that they must have done something to warrant their not being protected by God.

A man of God who was once a deep sinner has testified of how God made a bullet shot at him physically go back to who shot it. He was protected by a divine intervention but innocent children who probably have never even told a lie had to die just like that without no divine intervention. How please?

Contrary to what most people believe, God does not control everything that happens in the world nor does he allow it.

He has given everybody a free will and He doesn't interfere with people's free will. If a person exercises his/her freewill to kill you, God didn't make or allow him to kill you. I hope this helps you.
Re: Why Did God Not Protect The Kids Shot And Killed At Owo by Kobojunkie: 5:52pm On Jun 10, 2022
Obafavour:
1. And you believe the book to be the source of your salvation . and where you saw the teachings of jesus, but it's not longer holy all because of "i hate churches"

2. I leave you to your reprobate mind.
As I told you umpteen times now, the source of my salvation is God, not a book. If God hadn't led me to reading all the books I had, including your Bible which I had read many times before then and walking away each time more pissed than the last, I wouldn't be where I am today. The key is God, not the book. undecided

2. Are you certain I am the one of reprobate mind in this?, undecided
Re: Why Did God Not Protect The Kids Shot And Killed At Owo by LordReed(m): 10:54pm On Jun 10, 2022
Image123:

Suffering for righteousness sake. Jesus Christ was crucified like any thief but not same reason, Paul was in prison with many criminals but not same reason.

Yeah so how are those people I mentioned suffering for righteousness sake? Do you mean you suffer once then you never suffer again? Besides how does suffering for righteousness sake make your suffering different from someone who is suffering for other reasons? Also why is this norm? It just seems so arbitrary meanwhile you are emphatic that it most happen to all who live godly in Christ. For instance Oyedepo's son, what suffering for righteousness sake has he endured?
Re: Why Did God Not Protect The Kids Shot And Killed At Owo by GoodIsGod: 11:19pm On Jun 10, 2022
NewSoul:
I am not an atheist please. But I was just wondering what sin a year or 2 year old would have committed that prevented angels from keeping charge over his little children.

I did not purposely want to include the adults because a christian here (Dtrusthspeaker) will say that they are just church goers and that they are not true born again and that they must have done something to warrant their not being protected by God.

A man of God who was once a deep sinner has testified of how God made a bullet shot at him physically go back to who shot it. He was protected by a divine intervention but innocent children who probably have never even told a lie had to die just like that without no divine intervention. How please?

Have you stopped bro ask why He allowed Stephen to die?
The person that helped the killers to keep their clothes while they killed him was Saul. The same apostle Paul.

What about John the Baptist? Was he not beheaded? He was a prophet na.

That is why He is God. You can't explain Him. His acts are beyond human comprehension. This is one of the reasons why some guys say there is no God.
Re: Why Did God Not Protect The Kids Shot And Killed At Owo by Image123(m): 5:10am On Jun 11, 2022
LordReed:

Yeah so how are those people I mentioned suffering for righteousness sake? Do you mean you suffer once then you never suffer again? Besides how does suffering for righteousness sake make your suffering different from someone who is suffering for other reasons? Also why is this norm? It just seems so arbitrary meanwhile you are emphatic that it most happen to all who live godly in Christ. For instance Oyedepo's son, what suffering for righteousness sake has he endured?

The point i have established is that suffering is a very normal and expected thing for any Christian. So people should stop asking ignorant questions like why did God allow suffering to happen to so and so Christian. Where is God, why didn't God stop so and such from suffering. It's clearly seen in the Bible and there's no such contract/promise for every Christian to avoid suffering.

Like i earlier said, i don't personally know all these people and may not know their personal lives and struggles except they say. They are not the benchmark, the Bible is. Suffering is not fixed, some have them more. It's like sickness or trials or temptations. Job had more trials than Solomon, David had more trials than Samuel. For example, most of Samuel's obvious trials came from the house of Eli but he became an established prophet at a young age till death. Abraham's trial was different from Jacob or from Isaiah or Daniel. Daniel was not thrown into the furnace but was in the lion's den. Otherwise, Daniel seemed to enjoy power, promotion and position for most of his life. Though he must have suffered from being separated from his family at a young age, but things turned well for him. Can't compare him to the weeping Jeremiah or Paul. They all had different times and spans of suffering.
Suffering for righteous sake is usually because you are righteous, otherwise you will not be in that situation at that time. You are imprisoned like a criminal is, but you will likely be free if not for your faith/stand/preaching. You are given an extra year in school like the unserious but yours is because you didn't sleep with the lecturer or bribe, you actually passed but was deliberately failed.
People like Oyedepo's son are rare among the millions of Christians. They have their own world basically so have a good shield. His kind of suffering will usually come in maybe delay or denial. He may be denied some opportunities outside his sphere of influence if he chooses to move out. He may even be mocked or derided or lied against outside or online.
Re: Why Did God Not Protect The Kids Shot And Killed At Owo by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 11, 2022
GoodIsGod:

Have you stopped bro ask why He allowed Stephen to die?
The person that helped the killers to keep their clothes while they killed him was Saul. The same apostle Paul.

What about John the Baptist? Was he not beheaded? He was a prophet na.

That is why He is God. You can't explain Him. His acts are beyond human comprehension. This is one of the reasons why some guys say there is no God.

Oh you are very right
Re: Why Did God Not Protect The Kids Shot And Killed At Owo by LordReed(m): 11:16am On Jun 11, 2022
Image123:

The point i have established is that suffering is a very normal and expected thing for any Christian. So people should stop asking ignorant questions like why did God allow suffering to happen to so and so Christian. Where is God, why didn't God stop so and such from suffering. It's clearly seen in the Bible and there's no such contract/promise for every Christian to avoid suffering.

Like i earlier said, i don't personally know all these people and may not know their personal lives and struggles except they say. They are not the benchmark, the Bible is. Suffering is not fixed, some have them more. It's like sickness or trials or temptations. Job had more trials than Solomon, David had more trials than Samuel. For example, most of Samuel's obvious trials came from the house of Eli but he became an established prophet at a young age till death. Abraham's trial was different from Jacob or from Isaiah or Daniel. Daniel was not thrown into the furnace but was in the lion's den. Otherwise, Daniel seemed to enjoy power, promotion and position for most of his life. Though he must have suffered from being separated from his family at a young age, but things turned well for him. Can't compare him to the weeping Jeremiah or Paul. They all had different times and spans of suffering.
Suffering for righteous sake is usually because you are righteous, otherwise you will not be in that situation at that time. You are imprisoned like a criminal is, but you will likely be free if not for your faith/stand/preaching. You are given an extra year in school like the unserious but yours is because you didn't sleep with the lecturer or bribe, you actually passed but was deliberately failed.
People like Oyedepo's son are rare among the millions of Christians. They have their own world basically so have a good shield. His kind of suffering will usually come in maybe delay or denial. He may be denied some opportunities outside his sphere of influence if he chooses to move out. He may even be mocked or derided or lied against outside or online.

And my point is suffering happens to all persons in one form or another so trying to distinguish "suffering for righteousness sake" is no distinction at all.
Re: Why Did God Not Protect The Kids Shot And Killed At Owo by KnownUnknown: 12:00pm On Jun 11, 2022
LordReed:

For instance Oyedepo's son, what suffering for righteousness sake has he endured?

Suffering is learning how to sustain your inheritance. What inheritance? Taking the helm of a cross border Religion Franchise, Winners Chapel, LLC!!
Re: Why Did God Not Protect The Kids Shot And Killed At Owo by Image123(m): 12:01pm On Jun 11, 2022
LordReed:

And my point is suffering happens to all persons in one form or another so trying to distinguish "suffering for righteousness sake" is no distinction at all.

So does Oyedepo's son suffer? We should stop asking where God is or why God allowed suffering or claiming there's no God when suffering happens.
Suffering for righteousness sake is avoidable if you are not righteous BTW.
Re: Why Did God Not Protect The Kids Shot And Killed At Owo by LordReed(m): 2:33pm On Jun 11, 2022
Image123:

So does Oyedepo's son suffer? We should stop asking where God is or why God allowed suffering or claiming there's no God when suffering happens.
Suffering for righteousness sake is avoidable if you are not righteous BTW.

Just like suffering in prison is avoidable, doesn't make my suffering more or less special because I am not suffering in prison. Suffering has degrees and takes all shapes and forms, every human being suffers one thing or the other some more visibly so than others. Oyedepo's son would have suffered something or the other. Suffering for righteousness has no distinction since everyone suffers.

The question of why god allows suffering is pertinent to those who claim the god is omnibenevolent or the god is good all the time. If that is not your claim then you don't need to answer the question.
Re: Why Did God Not Protect The Kids Shot And Killed At Owo by LordReed(m): 2:35pm On Jun 11, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Suffering is learning how to sustain your inheritance. What inheritance? Taking the helm of a cross border Religion Franchise, Winners Chapel, LLC!!

A massive empire that is growing exponentially. LoLz. Meanwhile Jesus is coming soon! Bwahahahahaha!
Re: Why Did God Not Protect The Kids Shot And Killed At Owo by Image123(m): 4:48pm On Jun 11, 2022
LordReed:

Just like suffering in prison is avoidable, doesn't make my suffering more or less special because I am not suffering in prison. Suffering has degrees and takes all shapes and forms, every human being suffers one thing or the other some more visibly so than others. Oyedepo's son would have suffered something or the other. Suffering for righteousness has no distinction since everyone suffers.

The question of why god allows suffering is pertinent to those who claim the god is omnibenevolent or the god is good all the time. If that is not your claim then you don't need to answer the question.

Didn't say suffering for righteousness was special, except for the fact and promise to be rewarded for it.

1Pe 5:9 KJV Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

Mat 5:10 KJV Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Another thing is that those who suffer for righteousness actually suffer unjustly. They suffer for doing nothing or for doing something good. Criminals and sinners are usually reaping what they sowed. Imagine the millions that have been killed and imprisoned for being Christians or confessing to be Christians. Some people maimed, some in life imprisonment, families destroyed not for doing anything bad.
Another form of suffering is attack from satan as in the case of Job. Satan can attack a Christian with sickness, calamity, delay, frustration, rejection just for being a Christian.

On the second part, when you say God is omni-anything, that definition should align with what the whole Bible says.
Re: Why Did God Not Protect The Kids Shot And Killed At Owo by KnownUnknown: 6:57pm On Jun 11, 2022
LordReed:

A massive empire that is growing exponentially. LoLz. Meanwhile Jesus is coming soon! Bwahahahahaha!

Well, Jesus is the largest shareholder and he has to have a large return on his investment upon his return, which is very soon.
Re: Why Did God Not Protect The Kids Shot And Killed At Owo by LordReed(m): 7:10pm On Jun 11, 2022
Image123:

Didn't say suffering for righteousness was special, except for the fact and promise to be rewarded for it.

1Pe 5:9 KJV Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

Mat 5:10 KJV Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Another thing is that those who suffer for righteousness actually suffer unjustly. They suffer for doing nothing or for doing something good. Criminals and sinners are usually reaping what they sowed. Imagine the millions that have been killed and imprisoned for being Christians or confessing to be Christians. Some people maimed, some in life imprisonment, families destroyed not for doing anything bad.
Another form of suffering is attack from satan as in the case of Job. Satan can attack a Christian with sickness, calamity, delay, frustration, rejection just for being a Christian.

On the second part, when you say God is omni-anything, that definition should align with what the whole Bible says.

There are people in jail who are innocent, unjust suffering doesn't happen to only Christians.
Re: Why Did God Not Protect The Kids Shot And Killed At Owo by Image123(m): 8:14pm On Jun 11, 2022
LordReed:

There are people in jail who are innocent, unjust suffering doesn't happen to only Christians.

That's the difference, it is unjust. Like i said and showed from the Bible, everyone suffers. i also stated the differences. Christians suffering are not really counted as unlucky in their world. Unlike other Innocent people who are just unlucky. Christians are actually told to be very happy(count it all joy, be exceedingly glad). They are also told of future rewards for it as i showed. cheesy You do know we are peculiar, no fighting it.
Re: Why Did God Not Protect The Kids Shot And Killed At Owo by orisa37: 10:13am On Jun 12, 2022
A PLANE CRASHED INTO THE PACIFIC. ALL THE PASSENGERS DIED EXCEPT A BABY DELIVERED IN THE CRASH AND THE MOTHER. HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THAT?
THE WORK OF GOD IS INCOMPREHENSIBLE.
BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO ARE PERSECUTED FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS SAKE FOR THEIRS IS THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Start My Own Church / What Is The Significance Of Ram In Ileya Celebration / Jehovah's Witnesses: Today's Watchtower Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.