Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,323 members, 7,819,104 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? (301885 Views)

Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari / Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents / Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by Oracleforce: 11:31am On Feb 12, 2021
aljharem3:

shut if u are clueless ok

@op

The best way is to be very proactive in you daily duties. You have to know people in top places. It is advisable to be a tactian than an infartory

Fulani people rise faster than any other tribe in the military work....forget about hard work....who hard help?

For example, make a research on all the military hierarchy and find out all those people at the corridor of power....and come back lets talk....

Pls don't respond without concrete fact..
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by Josh133: 8:46am On Mar 04, 2021
as a computer science graduate, it's normal to be posted to the SIGNAL CORPS of the NA.. I want to ask, what state exactly are they gonna post you to? and are you just gonna be doing administrative work or field work?
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by heendrix(m): 11:00am On Apr 17, 2021
ehissi are you there.....i do got some questions to ask abeg
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by Akpangbo: 12:00pm On Apr 17, 2021
Just be a fulani.
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by Gschlr(m): 10:04am On Jan 02, 2022
So as DSSC applicants applying to join the airforce, on graduation after ranking into flying officers we won't be combat experienced, as in we won't be assigned on airstrikes or any air combat missions, we won't fly?
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by Idiko1: 10:29am On Jan 02, 2022
timbabng:
@buzugee. No one can rise to brig Gen in 10 yrs, I'm sure the officer can't be more than a major unless he has spent
more yrs than u think.

It has already happened in Nigerian armed forces. It was one of the reasons behind the precipitation of January 15, 1966 coup.
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by Gireiboy(m): 12:10pm On Jan 02, 2022
odumchi:
The top circle seems very difficult to get into, but I am told that once you get into it, its enjoyment from there on (Even though that is not my purpose).

I heard of a Brigadier General who joined the military and just ammassed wealth. He aquired lands and properties all over the south and even though he retired, he still had soldiers that guarded his home and etc.

Its amazing how much the so called "military men" of Nigeria are relaxing and just ammassing wealth and titles without even doing their job. If you take a look at Babangida, Buhari or Abacha's uniforms you will see a countless number of medals, pins and etc that were all aquired without any real combat. Its a shame that the Nigerian army lacks so much experience.
Are you serious! NA lacks experience, hahahaha!!!
1.World war 2
2.Biafran War
3.Nigeria-Chad Border war
4.Bakassi Peninsula
4.Liberia
5.Sereleone
6.Somalia
7.Darfur Sudan
8. Mali
9.Sao Tome and Principe
10. Gambia
11.Congo
12. Numerous Peace keeping operations
13.COIN
What kind of experience do you want them to have dude?
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by Gireiboy(m): 12:24pm On Jan 02, 2022
odumchi:
@ All

Thanks you everyone for your interesting and inciteful replies. From, your replies i take it that you must enter some type of officers candidacy school at some point or take a series of exams, and then emerge as an officer. This way seems more attractive than the original method I was told (Enter as a bodyguard and etc), but I see the time as a drawback. I will continue to think about this, and I will appreciate additional replies and etc.

PS
I would prefer the army rather than the airforce since Nigeria's areoplanes are obsolete. And I would have second thoughts about the navy since there are so many unique ways to die and Nigeria's navy is also a joke.
If it were within my power, I'd suggest that Nigeria send its generals and officers to foreign wars inorder to gain some serious experience (ie Cote D' Ivoire, Somalia, Sudan, Chad, etc.
Chai!!! look at these mumu, is true you guys knows nothing about the Nigerian military. Mention one country in Africa whose military has more experience than Nigeria, apart from the North Africans. Besides why can't you utilise Google.
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by Sharon9914: 8:41pm On Jul 25, 2022
ehissi:

SSC is a Combatant Short Service Commission (formerly known as Short Regular Commission, SRC) that is meant for those interested in field Operations AKA War or peace-keeping or Combat Operations (U assume the rank of second Lieutenant in the army -*- and R usually fielded into fielded into Infantry Corps of the Nigerian army after 9mths - 12mths of training); after 18mths - 2yrs U receive your first promotion to Lieutenant -**- and your subsequent promotions are 4years a rank or as vacancies/slots arise. When U achieve your 6th Year (Usually when U R or awaiting to assume the rank of Captain -***-), U will have the option to retire or convert to Regular commission after a physical exercise; U will receive 2 chances each year to pass this after which at your third fail U will go on compulsory retirement. N.B;- NDA graduates R on Regular Commission by default; This grants them automatic right to hold any appointment anywhere in the armed forces; a right SSC may share if God, age and politics is on your side.

DSSC is Direct Short Service Commission and is meant for professional Officers interested purely in administrative functions of the army (U will assume the rank of Lieutenant -**- after training and will be fielded into any of the Corps where vacancies exist for your discipline after 6-7mths of training). Your First 2 ranks will be achieved after 5years of promotion each. In your 10th year, you will have the option of retiring or convert to Direct Regular Commission which will involve mainly just a medical exam and filling a couple of documents after which U will be deemed converted and subsequent promotion will be achieved on a 4year basis a rank or as vacancy/slots exists N.B;- Direct regular Commission legally can achieve any rank except the APEX rank in each armed forces; In the case of army Lieutenant General. However they cannot hold any Major appointment that demand control of combatant troops, unfortunately most of these appointments R usually assigned to Brigadier or Major Generals (a rank that usually has very limited slots/vacancy for occupancy compared to number of officers qualified to filled them) so most times in the past, DRC don't usually proceed after the rank of Lieutenant Colonel or Colonel - though this trend is fast changing as DRC now achieve the rank of Brigadier General even Major General, thanks to Democracy......

A B. ed can go for DSSC if there is vacancy in the Education Corps only beyond that no hope; a B. ed can go for SSC as what U read doesn't matter everybody will just face Infantry (The Combat land troops department of the army). Education Corps is for teachers and staff of Military school and military institutes, Infantry is war, peacekeeping and training for other combatant troops....

Yes a B.Ed can go for all armed forces but only army has SSC the rest have only DSSC.....

Jets and Crafts/Vessel is exclusively for NDA graduates and not DSSC

Special forces R members of the armed forces trained for specific field OPS (for Now boko Haram & counter insurgency is the core of all Special forces training course menu) Airforce has QRF (Quick response force), Army has CTU (Counter terrorism Unit)..........

Military reserve R meant for Mass recruitment/re-engagement into the armed forces in the event that the armed forces or the Nation is overwhelmed by a foreign or local threat. Retired officers fit the profile, also Civil defence and other paramilitary bodies can be conscripted in the event of a General state of emergency...........

Pistols R meant specifically for commandants/Commanders/Service Chiefs or as occasion demands. Usually the culture is for your Aides to carry arms for U as a very senior officer; a very senior officer or a commander will only agree to carry in the event that his unit is on Military alert (by this time every personnel will be on camouflage only all day of the week instead of switching between other variants of their uniforms)......

Usually for SSC in recent times, 30years is the maximum and 26 is the minimum but if U R younger and have your first degree U will be accepted. DSSC for army and airforce is minimum 26 to 35 maximum but even if U R younger with a first degree U R welcome. Navy insists on maximum of 30yrs and younger with first degree for DSSC.......

Army, Navy, Air force is anyone's choice. Army is a place people R wary of because they have a tradition of promoting at a slower rate than others (though that is changing now), Air force is a place deemed better than army in terms of rate of promotions, though the level of discrimination for appointments against DSSC is far higher than that of army (in the army the man who can do the job and is qualified gets its; airforce they will consider Regular Commission qualified or not before DSSC). Navy is deemed the best in terms of pay and other things; the problem is that its deemed the most difficult to enter...........so U choose as your Spirit leads

Thank you for your information, I have a degree in Human kinetics education ( physical and health education) am interested in entering NEVY through DSS, do I have a chance and also I know NEVY has sport departments, what is the chances I get assigned to the department. Thank you
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by Nabzi6: 1:47pm On Jan 29
ehissi:

SSC is a Combatant Short Service Commission (formerly known as Short Regular Commission, SRC) that is meant for those interested in field Operations AKA War or peace-keeping or Combat Operations (U assume the rank of second Lieutenant in the army -*- and R usually fielded into fielded into Infantry Corps of the Nigerian army after 9mths - 12mths of training); after 18mths - 2yrs U receive your first promotion to Lieutenant -**- and your subsequent promotions are 4years a rank or as vacancies/slots arise. When U achieve your 6th Year (Usually when U R or awaiting to assume the rank of Captain -***-), U will have the option to retire or convert to Regular commission after a physical exercise; U will receive 2 chances each year to pass this after which at your third fail U will go on compulsory retirement. N.B;- NDA graduates R on Regular Commission by default; This grants them automatic right to hold any appointment anywhere in the armed forces; a right SSC may share if God, age and politics is on your side.

DSSC is Direct Short Service Commission and is meant for professional Officers interested purely in administrative functions of the army (U will assume the rank of Lieutenant -**- after training and will be fielded into any of the Corps where vacancies exist for your discipline after 6-7mths of training). Your First 2 ranks will be achieved after 5years of promotion each. In your 10th year, you will have the option of retiring or convert to Direct Regular Commission which will involve mainly just a medical exam and filling a couple of documents after which U will be deemed converted and subsequent promotion will be achieved on a 4year basis a rank or as vacancy/slots exists N.B;- Direct regular Commission legally can achieve any rank except the APEX rank in each armed forces; In the case of army Lieutenant General. However they cannot hold any Major appointment that demand control of combatant troops, unfortunately most of these appointments R usually assigned to Brigadier or Major Generals (a rank that usually has very limited slots/vacancy for occupancy compared to number of officers qualified to filled them) so most times in the past, DRC don't usually proceed after the rank of Lieutenant Colonel or Colonel - though this trend is fast changing as DRC now achieve the rank of Brigadier General even Major General, thanks to Democracy......

A B. ed can go for DSSC if there is vacancy in the Education Corps only beyond that no hope; a B. ed can go for SSC as what U read doesn't matter everybody will just face Infantry (The Combat land troops department of the army). Education Corps is for teachers and staff of Military school and military institutes, Infantry is war, peacekeeping and training for other combatant troops....

Yes a B.Ed can go for all armed forces but only army has SSC the rest have only DSSC.....

Jets and Crafts/Vessel is exclusively for NDA graduates and not DSSC

Special forces R members of the armed forces trained for specific field OPS (for Now boko Haram & counter insurgency is the core of all Special forces training course menu) Airforce has QRF (Quick response force), Army has CTU (Counter terrorism Unit)..........

Military reserve R meant for Mass recruitment/re-engagement into the armed forces in the event that the armed forces or the Nation is overwhelmed by a foreign or local threat. Retired officers fit the profile, also Civil defence and other paramilitary bodies can be conscripted in the event of a General state of emergency...........

Pistols R meant specifically for commandants/Commanders/Service Chiefs or as occasion demands. Usually the culture is for your Aides to carry arms for U as a very senior officer; a very senior officer or a commander will only agree to carry in the event that his unit is on Military alert (by this time every personnel will be on camouflage only all day of the week instead of switching between other variants of their uniforms)......

Usually for SSC in recent times, 30years is the maximum and 26 is the minimum but if U R younger and have your first degree U will be accepted. DSSC for army and airforce is minimum 26 to 35 maximum but even if U R younger with a first degree U R welcome. Navy insists on maximum of 30yrs and younger with first degree for DSSC.......

Army, Navy, Air force is anyone's choice. Army is a place people R wary of because they have a tradition of promoting at a slower rate than others (though that is changing now), Air force is a place deemed better than army in terms of rate of promotions, though the level of discrimination for appointments against DSSC is far higher than that of army (in the army the man who can do the job and is qualified gets its; airforce they will consider Regular Commission qualified or not before DSSC). Navy is deemed the best in terms of pay and other things; the problem is that its deemed the most difficult to enter...........so U choose as your Spirit leads

This is a very good write up, and the thread is bit old I don't know if something's have changed.

1. I'm really interested in joining the military either the Navy or Air Force through the DSSC, I know you said the pay is better in Navy but what do you think is generally better in terms of overall working conditions and all that stuff.

2. And how does Navy and Air Force compare in terms of DSSC training?

3. I hold a Bsc in Civil Engineering and I'm currently pursuing a Cyber Security certification, so I don't really know my stakes, I know for a fact I'm very good with computers wayy beyond average but not upto a skilled level (at least thats what I think).

So please I would like to hear your thoughts and any advice would be appreciated thank you.
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by MadamExcellency: 2:14pm On Jan 29
Good old days of Nairaland.

Where is Aisha and Jarus?
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by Judolisco(m): 3:03pm On Feb 20
Nabzi6:

This is a very good write up, and the thread is bit old I don't know if something's have changed.

1. I'm really interested in joining the military either the Navy or Air Force through the DSSC, I know you said the pay is better in Navy but what do you think is generally better in terms of overall working conditions and all that stuff.

2. And how does Navy and Air Force compare in terms of DSSC training?

3. I hold a Bsc in Civil Engineering and I'm currently pursuing a Cyber Security certification, so I don't really know my stakes, I know for a fact I'm very good with computers wayy beyond average but not upto a skilled level (at least thats what I think).

So please I would like to hear your thoughts and any advice would be appreciated thank you.
hello bro... Did u apply dis year?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Official Results Of Edo Governorship Election 2020 As Announced By INEC / Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures / Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.