Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,784 members, 7,813,599 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Buhari Finally Recognizes Babagana Kingibe As Vice President to MKO - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Finally Recognizes Babagana Kingibe As Vice President to MKO (35382 Views)

Babagana Kingibe (Abiola's Vice In 1993) Gets Emotional As He Meets Tinubu / Has President Buhari Appointed Kingibe as New Chief Of Staff? (Fact Check) / Babagana Kingibe Scheming To Succeed Abba Kyari As Buhari's Chief Of Staff - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Finally Recognizes Babagana Kingibe As Vice President to MKO by ganisucks(f): 4:29pm On Jun 13, 2022
Former running mate to the acclaimed winner of the 1993 presidential election, MKO Abiola, Babagana Kingibe, has been recognized as an ex-Vice President.

Kingibe was introduced as former Vice President when he was requested to join a group photograph at the Eagles Square on Monday, during the celebration of this year’s Democracy Day.

He was requested to join President Muhammadu Buhari, ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, and President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan.

Others called for the photograph include the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila; the Chief Justice of the Federation, Ibrahim Tanko, and the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Abdullahi Adamu.

The event is the last Democracy parade President Buhari will preside over before his exit in 2023.

Recall that the 1993 June 12 presidential election was annulled by the then military Head of State, Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida.

Last year, Buhari reviewed Nigeria’s democracy Day from May 29 to June 12 in honour of Abiola.
While Buhari’s administration honoured Abiola nothing was publicly declared about Kingibe, until today.
https://dailypost.ng/2022/06/13/buhari-govt-finally-recognizes-mko-abiolas-deputy-babagana-kingibe-as-vice-president/

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Finally Recognizes Babagana Kingibe As Vice President to MKO by jlinkd78(m): 4:32pm On Jun 13, 2022
The electoral umpire/body who conducted d election then didn't pronounce them so . As much as nobody liked d truncation of that process adjudged as d most free and fair, somethings can't be done through Fiat and presidential "body" odour

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Finally Recognizes Babagana Kingibe As Vice President to MKO by oz4real83(m): 4:32pm On Jun 13, 2022
When did he take the "oath of the office of the Vice-president of Nigeria"? Without taking that oath as administered by the Chief-Judge of Nigeria, anybody that calls him by that title is either an ignoramus or just making jest of him cheesy

147 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Finally Recognizes Babagana Kingibe As Vice President to MKO by Tecnophone: 4:33pm On Jun 13, 2022
alright
Re: Buhari Finally Recognizes Babagana Kingibe As Vice President to MKO by Aldebaran(m): 4:33pm On Jun 13, 2022
Babangida, the Maradona, destroyed the Nigerian Dream...

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Finally Recognizes Babagana Kingibe As Vice President to MKO by Brendaniel: 4:33pm On Jun 13, 2022
It is really election period... grin

21 Likes

Re: Buhari Finally Recognizes Babagana Kingibe As Vice President to MKO by Enoch07: 4:33pm On Jun 13, 2022
Abi na the real consensus candidate be this?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Finally Recognizes Babagana Kingibe As Vice President to MKO by nony43(m): 4:34pm On Jun 13, 2022
May anything like Buhari not happen to us again. After Buhari’s tenure every Christian suppose give survival testimony.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Finally Recognizes Babagana Kingibe As Vice President to MKO by SarkinYarki: 4:34pm On Jun 13, 2022
This is thrash , the constitution is clear that you have to be sworn in , they were never announced as winner , neither did they ever receive any certificate of return and neither were they ever sworn in ...This is crass thrash

37 Likes

Re: Buhari Finally Recognizes Babagana Kingibe As Vice President to MKO by Grandmmaster(m): 4:34pm On Jun 13, 2022
issokay
Re: Buhari Finally Recognizes Babagana Kingibe As Vice President to MKO by tiswell(m): 4:34pm On Jun 13, 2022
of what use is it to Nigerians ?
Re: Buhari Finally Recognizes Babagana Kingibe As Vice President to MKO by abobote: 4:34pm On Jun 13, 2022
"The event is the last Democracy parade President Buhari will preside over before his exit in 2023"

Thank God for the above statement. May Buhari never happen us again in Jesus name

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Finally Recognizes Babagana Kingibe As Vice President to MKO by Lorddominic(m): 4:34pm On Jun 13, 2022
Any pronouncement from a useless leader is totally useless!

#PeterObi 2023

23 Likes

Re: Buhari Finally Recognizes Babagana Kingibe As Vice President to MKO by manchester1: 4:35pm On Jun 13, 2022
Nice development
Re: Buhari Finally Recognizes Babagana Kingibe As Vice President to MKO by Nemesis0147(m): 4:35pm On Jun 13, 2022
Obified234:
.Make person just help me with 5h to sort myself out today.... At this point, everything just seems meaningless.... Kinda frustrated at everything at the moment..

... Alot of things going on in my life now...but one thing is certain, i will survive... It is just a phase.

I just need the 500 naira for feeding..... Atleast make i use am see front and think well......
Thank you....2•4•64•46•9•39•9 zen!th
d
Re: Buhari Finally Recognizes Babagana Kingibe As Vice President to MKO by IrepChrist: 4:35pm On Jun 13, 2022
Ok
Re: Buhari Finally Recognizes Babagana Kingibe As Vice President to MKO by Ballack1(m): 4:35pm On Jun 13, 2022
I am very sure APC will field Muslim/Muslim ticket ..
Re: Buhari Finally Recognizes Babagana Kingibe As Vice President to MKO by oluwaseunamos33(m): 4:35pm On Jun 13, 2022
Campaign after election

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Finally Recognizes Babagana Kingibe As Vice President to MKO by jojothaiv(m): 4:35pm On Jun 13, 2022
Dead men tell no tales...
Re: Buhari Finally Recognizes Babagana Kingibe As Vice President to MKO by patriotic007: 4:36pm On Jun 13, 2022
Problem can never be a solution...if you know you know

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Finally Recognizes Babagana Kingibe As Vice President to MKO by Built2last: 4:36pm On Jun 13, 2022
Lol

Buhari the show man.

He was in office for 7 years and didn't care about June 12. Pressure from Yorubas made him adopt it as democracy day.

Today being his last democracy day, he recognises Babagana Kingibe.

Buhari na slow poison. He kills you slowly

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Finally Recognizes Babagana Kingibe As Vice President to MKO by chloride6: 4:37pm On Jun 13, 2022
oz4real83:
When did he take the "oath of the office of the Vice-president of Nigeria"? Without taking that oath as administered by the Chief-Judge of Nigeria, anybody that calls you by that title is either an ignoramus or just making jest of u cheesy

Na you Sabi...

He will be accorded all privileges of ex VPs including pension and health care.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Finally Recognizes Babagana Kingibe As Vice President to MKO by Stanweezy(m): 4:37pm On Jun 13, 2022
The election was annulled and former INEC boss didn't announce him and MKO Abiola winner while at the same time both adjudged winner didn't take oath of office.

In all it's wrong for him to be recognised as ex-VP

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Finally Recognizes Babagana Kingibe As Vice President to MKO by osinbanjoisaliar: 4:38pm On Jun 13, 2022
Kingibe on the beat. Anytime any new katsina mafia government wan enter, Kingibe must do him dance, until them flog am, send am to back of the line
Re: Buhari Finally Recognizes Babagana Kingibe As Vice President to MKO by redcliff: 4:38pm On Jun 13, 2022
Obified234:
.Make person just help me with 5h to sort myself out today.... At this point, everything just seems meaningless.... Kinda frustrated at everything at the moment..

... Alot of things going on in my life now...but one thing is certain, i will survive... It is just a phase.

I just need the 500 naira for feeding..... Atleast make i use am see front and think well......

una don come again. you dirty scammers.
Re: Buhari Finally Recognizes Babagana Kingibe As Vice President to MKO by omowolewa: 4:38pm On Jun 13, 2022
Okay, he can now attend council of state meetings
He can claim his entitlement from 1992 till date
He can vote at SDP primaries.

My question now is:

Can we give Abubakar Audu of Kogi and James Faleke this same previledged as their case looks similar.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Finally Recognizes Babagana Kingibe As Vice President to MKO by osinbanjoisaliar: 4:39pm On Jun 13, 2022
Obified234:

Jus call Peter Obi, make him obify yar stomach with him consumption to production speech. Now you see why stomach infrastructure good

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Comedian AY Shares Photo With Peter Obi / Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans / I'm A Tinubu Boy, I Won't Join Others To Mislead Him - Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.