Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,434 members, 7,826,679 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Creating Successful Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Creating Successful Relationships (1022 Views)

Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Distant Relationships And Phone Calls / Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Creating Successful Relationships by kateangel(f): 9:30pm On Aug 10, 2007
I’m a big believer in surrounding yourself with great people. Quality relationships bring out your best, cheer you on when you need a boost, give you nudges and a kick in the pants when you are stuck.

While all relationships might not be ideal, looking around at those who influence, challenge, and support you is worthwhile.
Think about the people you hang around with - your friends, family, colleagues, business associates and even your significant other.

• How do you feel when you're with them?
• How do you feel when you leave them?
• Do they encourage and support you to be your best?
• Do they lift your spirits?
• Do they contribute to your success? (referrals, leads, share resources and ideas)

If not, it’s time to take an inventory of the people you associate with. In other words….it may be time to let some folks go or change how you interact with them. Think of it as decluttering your emotional and psychological environment!

Now, I know you may have family members who might fit into the category of folks who don’t support you the way you need and you don’t want eliminate them from your life, right? (or do you?) In that instance, I suggest being very selective about what you divulge especially if family comments negatively affect you. Pick safe, neutral topics and keep your expectations realistic. What I’m saying is - expect them to be as they always are, rather than who you wish they’d magically become, ok?

Aside from family relationships, I want to make a point about something I believe:
I think it’s very important to look at the people you align with in any way in friendship, business relationships or professional services. The people you form relationships with become part of your network. If you align (affiliate) with people of low moral character, lack of integrity or any other quality that is out of alignment with who you are, there is a backlash that comes back to you. It might be as a negative reflection on your reputation or a magnet for negative energy.

I think of it like a Law of Attraction.
Today I bumped into a friend and colleague at a networking event. She looked terrific. Best I’ve seen her look in years. When I asked her how things were going, she beamed and announced she had just formed a new partnership and gave me her business card. New company, name and business focus. Hallelujah! After years of struggling in her prior company with a partner who was a mismatch from the get-go, she finally took the steps to put her business and her life back on the track to success. No wonder she looked so good!

• What are you hanging on to?
• Who are you hanging on to?
• What’s it costing you to hang on? (money, time, peace of mind, your health!)
• What do you know (right in your gut) it’s time to let go of?
• How bad does it have to get before you let it/them go?

Success tips:
1. Network with other successful people. Cultivate personal and business relationships.
2. Contribute to other people’s success. Help other people succeed for the joy of it. Watch how much success comes back to you. (Law of Attraction).
3. Join a Mastermind group or start one. Create opportunities to collaborate and brainstorm with other success - minded people.
4. Develop strategic alliances and joint ventures to expand your value to customers and clients.
5. Continue to grow as a person. Your life is a mirror image of who you are. If you don’t like the picture, the good news is that you can change that by investing in your personal and business development. It’s an investment that will provide enormous returns.

What changes do you need to make in your relationships to build a stronger community of support
Re: Creating Successful Relationships by ssRhino: 1:58am On Aug 11, 2007
Too much story to read, dont have enuf patient, summarize and i will be back

(1) (Reply)

Ladies Only / Can You Date A Tribal 'marked' Person? / Is It Wrong To Tell A Girl How Much You Truly Love Her.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.