Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,241 members, 7,860,547 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:23 PM

Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat (23610 Views)

North Waited For Tinubu To Help Buhari Defeat Atiku Before Dropping 2023 / SKC Ogbonnia: How Oshiomhole Will Cause Buhari's Defeat In 2019 / Stunted Economy: APC Lambaste The Economist, HSBC For Predicting Buhari's Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by Pastorsmile: 10:38am On Jun 14, 2022
Pa Buhari is a weakling. To choose his preferred successor, for where. What state Governors do with ease

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by MrOkenwa(m): 10:39am On Jun 14, 2022
Yes.
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by MrOkenwa(m): 10:40am On Jun 14, 2022
Yes. He technically defeated the presidency. Not only buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by muykem: 10:45am On Jun 14, 2022
Who tell you that Tinubu is not Buhari candidate from onset, is because Buhari doesn't talk too much? Buhari had understanding with Tinubu from the time APC was formed on rotation of presidency. Buhari is serious Muslim with full understanding of what betrayal means in their religion. Islam doesn't have provision for grace like Christianity.
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by livinbygrace: 10:45am On Jun 14, 2022
iwaeda:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/06/14/why-tinubus-victory-is-buharis-defeat/

Nonsense!We know your trick.Just to spite Buhari against Tinubu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by jojo1415: 10:45am On Jun 14, 2022
OBI is coming grin
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by sammirano: 10:45am On Jun 14, 2022
If you like write book on the matter. Jagaban is the next presido.

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by Hushbingo: 10:48am On Jun 14, 2022
Hmmm

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by pacespot(m): 10:50am On Jun 14, 2022
Buhari should have banked on the support he enjoyed early on from the people and fixed this country by shedding those dead weights in his government. He turned his back against the same people who got him elected and dinning with the people who never wanted to see him in power due to his own-known anticorruptiom reputation in the past. Buhari lacks the intellectual capability to comprehend the dynamics of his own government and the general public today. Age is not on his side any more but he could have worked with younger and brighter minds to guide him in the complexity of today's world. His bigoted religious and ethnic views also cloud his mind, and I think Buhari is a vindictive man too, he seeks to get a revenge over people that didn't support him.

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by maestroferddi: 10:50am On Jun 14, 2022
You think Buhari and the cabal lost out?

Is it inconceivable that they could have made a deal with the opposition?

The political power game is not as easy as it looks...
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by ClimaxHerbalixt(m): 10:53am On Jun 14, 2022
Ok
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by offiahvictor(m): 10:53am On Jun 14, 2022
Wealthywalter1:
Say what you want...

One thing remains certain..

Politics remains business to this men.

Until the youth take a stand to vote this folks out we will keep going backwards as a nation..

My advice for every Nigerian youth is ...

BRACE YOURSELF...

Prepare for the worst outcomes...

Find a means to make good money either by learning a skill, selling a service or checking out of the company...

Again, this folks don't care for you..

They CARE about ONLY THEIR INTEREST.

Be wise...

CHOOSE YOURSELF FIRST.
you are wise brother. The writer is stupid.
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by Risentouch(m): 10:58am On Jun 14, 2022
I hope he will also use same tactics to threaten over 200 million Nigerians to vote for him as it is his turn.
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by Slynation(m): 10:58am On Jun 14, 2022
Xbobtage:

Say whatever you wish to say, for some of us this election is about our conscience, so that whenever we kneel down and cry to our God for a personal help, He knows that our conscience is clear, that we never participated in bringing in of another doomed politician on Nigeria. The country is in a hopeless state and another bad president would drown us all. For Gods sake what would you rather that we do?

We need a simple and prudent miserly nigerian who understands that wastage in governance in the last 15 years is the biggest problem this country has. Duplication of political appointments alone eats over 15 % of our budget, Scamy Fuel subsidy buries another 30 percent, Curruption takes another 30%, Scamy feeding of school children 1Billion per month. We know the problems of this country thats why we were excited with Buhari because he mentioned these issues when he was campaigning and promised us that he was a simple and miserly man only to Disappoint us.

Yes we know that chances are against Obi, but we are begging God and begging you not to allow all of us to drown just because of ethnic pride.

The decision here to vote for Obi compared to the other candidates is akin to where Armed robber comes to my house and forces me to choose between me raping my mother , or me raping my daughter or I fight him with one of my hands tied while he has a knife. I know that the chances of me winning him in that fight is unlikely but for Gods Sake, that is the only chooseable option for any true man. I dont want to die but I also want to live my life with some sort of dignity.

Please allow us to fight the armed robber, if we no make am, atleast heaven know sey we tried!
This your post ought to be gazetted and mounted on a gigantic billboard across Nigeria...!!

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by APC2: 10:59am On Jun 14, 2022
With the body language of Buhari, he may not even go for any campaign for Tinubu.
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by hotseat: 11:00am On Jun 14, 2022
The Op may be right to a large extent, but may not be the real reason why Buhari took the back seat.

The APC Convention which threw up Adamu didn't go down well with some other power blocs within the party.

They viewed the emergence of Adamu as an imposition and an undemocratic process.

They had vowed to forestall a repeat in the presidential primary.

Seeing the writing on the wall and to prevent a sure implosion within the party, Buhari had no choice but to kowtow to the wishes of the majority members.

However, he continued to plead and almost went on his knees to appease the governors but to no avail.

In spite of the mounting opposition, he dug out Ahmad Lawal as the "consensus" candidate.

What happened at the Eagle Square showed he tried his best, but his candidate was a poor choice!
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by aycorporat(m): 11:03am On Jun 14, 2022
Well done Op for that clear analysis.

However, Tinubu is a lexicon in today's political dictionary as he has proven himself.

Despite the critiques downplaying his importance, he stood tall like the Iroko that he is.

The coming days will be interesting as this man keeps building bridges while others fiddle on Social Media.

I hope when he eventually wins, there will be no imaginary "server" somewhere by the opposition.
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by Deeprooted: 11:04am On Jun 14, 2022
All the threats by APC to punish tinibi for his utterances against bihiri has been swept under the rug.
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by Inspiration2017: 11:05am On Jun 14, 2022
May u know the battle u should fight.
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by Uncleodi(m): 11:13am On Jun 14, 2022
Truthisunique2:
Buhari when don throw the ball into atiku court since

Fulani man that have never hidden his preference for his brother, even go reach marriage

I don't even see him going to any apc campaign sef, he go allow a free and fair election without remote control

I think you are right ✅️
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by naija4life247: 11:13am On Jun 14, 2022
Klington:
As it stands now, buhari is stronger than that ópóró eye irapaji brown teeth candidate that's shaking like a faulty blender.

Your father too is a Nigerian, post his picture, let's see how healthy and handsome he is

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by Akanbiedu(m): 11:16am On Jun 14, 2022
Funny analysis. So this is a defeat for Buhari ko?

Let me ask you OP. If two people are fighting and one is obviously stronger, can I claim to be neutral by not interfering in the fight?

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by Truthisunique2: 11:17am On Jun 14, 2022
Uncleodi:

I think you are right ✅️
buhari preferred a fulani man from Chad to get a position ahead of a southern nigerian during a un votes in the 80's

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by Makowonda: 11:19am On Jun 14, 2022
What do you people really want?An incumbent picks his potential successor you cry foul and cite "imposition" here and there.An incumbent in the person of PMB in this case decided not to be too involved in the selection of his successor,you're still complaining.You can just simply say you dislike Tinubu instead of this long epistle.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by ORIENTATION101: 11:21am On Jun 14, 2022
Truthisunique2:
Buhari when don throw the ball into atiku court since

Fulani man that have never hidden his preference for his brother, he preferred to vote a Chad fulani man to a southern nigerian in the UN

I don't even see him going to any apc campaign sef, he go allow a free and fair election without remote control
welcome back from hibernation , trial and error political analyst

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by poiZon: 11:22am On Jun 14, 2022
KarmaXNow:
That Muslim/Muslim ticket might be the albatross or Achilles' hill for BAT.
That's what u think..

The northerners don't think so.
If they rally round and present an acceptable Muslim running mate for tinubu, am sorry to burst ur bubble, Tinubu will be announced the winner after the election.

Politics is interest, those supporting tinubu today know what they stand to benefit from his presidency.

And please don't even put ur trust in Buhari to deliver a free, fair and credible election, buhari is a gone.
State governors controls their statr elections, they will always make sure they deliver their states to their party. Today Apc has majority of the state.

The only factor that will work against APC, tinubu and their Muslim-Muslim ticket is if Obi, Kwankwaso and Atiku align and front a united party against Apc, that will be a game changer.
Let's just pray buhari will play a deciding role in whi becomes tinubu's running mate and also his choice should be a Christian.
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by BabaO2: 11:22am On Jun 14, 2022
iwaeda:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/06/14/why-tinubus-victory-is-buharis-defeat/
It is either many people lack the understanding of APC composition or they lack analytic reasoning. Level of sycophancy is damn too much with Nigerians. Buhari doesn't have the power and the right people are ascribing to him. Pdp of obasanjo is quite different to apc of buhari, pdp is a one party with single line of instruction unlike apc. Buhari doesn't own apc. In actual fact, he only led cpc that can't win elections to the alliance table with acn that had 6 governors, almost 20 senators and almost 70 house of rep. He shouldn't have gone into alliance with acn if he has reservations about Tinubu. Even if abba Kyari is alive, absolutely nothing he could do if mamman daura could achieve nothing with all his manauvering.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by acorntree(m): 11:25am On Jun 14, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Please tell them loudly. Hope they'll listen. If you're a student wasting away at home due to the inept rule of the apc/pdp ( its same people, they only change names) , if you're an unemployed graduate and are supposed to have achieved some things today but still in same position because you've been supporting our greedy politicians every 4 years after collecting peanuts, if you've at one time or the other lost your relation in the cold arms of death in hospitals due to lack of equipment and care, if you've fallen victim of banditry, armed robbery, road accident , kidnapping etc due to bad roads, bad leadership and insecurity, you need to visit a psychiatric hospital this morning and have your brain checked. Something isn't just right with you.

The day you detach your self from these people, the day you drop sentiments, religion and ethnicity when choosing a candidate that truly has the interest of you the masses at heart, that's when your freedom starts. Enough said. I urge you get your pvc and vote Obi. Ire oo

Ive been a victim. I never pray that incompetent and corrupt people should continue being in government. Nigeria is a danger zone now, almost everyone now is a fraudster , since most believe they can have their way due to our weak justice system. I voted for sowore last election but now I'm thinking of voting for Peter Obi. I'm Yoruba but I've never experienced the evil been perpetrated during this Buhari regime since I was born. This last 7 yrs is just like hell on earth. If Tinubu win next year election , Nigerians should be ready for war or run bec he is embodiment of corruption. Corruption will be at highest level. He can't tackle banditry, kidnapping bec he will only be there to satisfy the Fulani master, as he will be seeking for 2nd term. He never condemn those Fulani atrocities for once. So while will he now tackled their attricities. I pray 2023 election will not split Nigeria sha.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness / Ize-Iyamu To Obaseki: Explain Whereabouts Of Your Commissioner Arrested Overseas / Lagos Police Command Arrests Fleeing Imo Jailbreak Inmate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.