Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,202 members, 7,860,312 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:18 AM

Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat (23608 Views)

North Waited For Tinubu To Help Buhari Defeat Atiku Before Dropping 2023 / SKC Ogbonnia: How Oshiomhole Will Cause Buhari's Defeat In 2019 / Stunted Economy: APC Lambaste The Economist, HSBC For Predicting Buhari's Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by funshint(m): 11:29am On Jun 14, 2022
So he should have used his power to tamper with the whole process just to fulfil his wish? The problem with most of us is that we are already used to the wrong type of democratic transition process.
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by Bosenan: 11:32am On Jun 14, 2022
Good read
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by Codeye(m): 11:42am On Jun 14, 2022
ArmaniUhuru:
I laugh so hard when I hear people say tinubu will be president. Is it because he threatened his way to becoming APC’s Presidential Candidate?

We will see how he will come and threaten 200m citizens to vote for him in the general elections.
He do not need to threaten anyone. He will be voted for willingly and he Tinubu will win. Write it down!
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by Jevica: 11:44am On Jun 14, 2022
naijaboy756:
ALl those proposing a muslim muslim ticket wants to destroy Nigeria.... Power has always rotated between Christians and Muslims..

Obasanjo>>> Yaradua>>Goodluck>> Buhari

Now it is not enough that a Muslim wants to continue after Buhari, they are still proposing a Muslim Muslim ticket in a country with equal number of Christians and Muslims.. IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE...

SUMMARY OF BISHOP WALE OKE SERMON ON SUNDAY AS SHOWN ON NTA

Why are you bordered about muslem-muslem ticket? there are other candidates with combination of christian-muslem to choose from. Arent tired of APC and PDP.

Peter Obi is a revolution.
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by Mitsurugi(m): 11:48am On Jun 14, 2022
post=113789685:

Incoherent jargons.
Next thread pleaseee........

Eeeeyaaa! They just butchered your darling sugar daddy cheesy
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by Mitsurugi(m): 11:50am On Jun 14, 2022
Eriggs:
U go wail for d next 8 years, na u go tire.....

Prt 3 of 1. Oga Multiple Personality Disorder should not be taken lightly
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by Mitsurugi(m): 11:51am On Jun 14, 2022
Jevica:

Why are you bordered about muslem-muslem ticket? there are other candidates with combination of christian-muslem to choose from. Arent tired of APC and PDP.

Peter Obi is a revolution.

Should Peter Obi also pick a Christian VP?
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by irauf2b: 11:51am On Jun 14, 2022
Whenever they tell you about PDP "16 years Mismanagement" don't waste your energy in arguing blindly with them, just engage them in the following established facts, I bet you, they will cowardly run away;

1. It took PDP 16 years to make Bag of Rice #8500 from #2800 but it only took APC 5 years to make it #32k from #8500

2. It took PDP 16 years to make Petrol #87 but it took APC just 2 years to make it #145 and now #165 (official Price)

3. It took PDP 16 years to make Gas abundantly available at the rate of #2800 per 12Kg but it took APC 6 years to make it #10,200

4. It took PDP 16 years to make 1USD exchange for #168 but it took APC just 6 years to make it #600 to one USD.

5. It took 16 years for PDP to deal with Boko Haram majorly in the NE but it took APC just 2 years to introduce, Bandit, kidnappings, Cattle Rustlers, ISWA,etc through out all the 6 zones of Nigeria.

6. It took PDP 16 years to maintain a balance and favourable GDP for Nigeria but, it took APC just 3 years to make Nigeria the World Capital of Poverty.

7. It took PDP 16 years to make a litre of Kerosene #50 but it took APC just 3 years to make #550 per litre, and also took Diesel from #122 per litre to #700 per litre.

8. It took PDP 16 years to build additional 9 Federal Universities and 11 Federal Medical Centres it took APC 5 years to turn Nigeria Hospitals to a mere consulting places.

9. It took PDP 3 years to write off our debt and start on a fresh beginning, it took APC just 6 years to increase our National Debt to over #40trillion from #28 Domestic and foreign debt level in 2014. APC have practically sold Nigeria to China.

10. It took PDP 16 years to introduce life changing parastatals and policies like EFCC, ICPC, NSCDC, PENCOM, NDDC, NIMC, AMCON, SINGLE TREASURY ACCOUNT, BVN, AGRIC Revolution Programs etc too numerous to mention, but 7 years of APC add absolutely nothing to all these, instead, they are sharing money in the open market and giving given Youth Temporary Employment of #30.

We have so many reasonable points to counter APC Propagandas machine and also beat them to their game.

They want to continue from where this current clueless and master in failure Government will stop under different name but same platform. No, nobody reinforce failures.

The Game is On now, No time to wait.

NB: We can add to the above lists with facts and figures available.
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by Abubaushe(m): 11:57am On Jun 14, 2022
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by blamingthedevil: 12:01pm On Jun 14, 2022
If Tinubu was Buhari's choice of successor?

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by Bashir75: 12:11pm On Jun 14, 2022
iwaeda:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/06/14/why-tinubus-victory-is-buharis-defeat/

I’M NOT SURPRISED BY THIS WRITE-UP.

I DON’T EVEN THINK TWICE BEFORE I KNOW IT WAS WRITTEN BY CONFUSED IGBO-MAN NAMED [PAUL NWABUIKWU].

THEY DON’T KNOW WHAT THEY WANT, BIAFRA NATION, ZOO NATION OR NIGERIA.

DEMOCRACY OR DICTATORSHIP

BUHARI ALLOWED ALL CANDIDATES TO TEST THEIR POPULARITIES AND CONDUCTED A FREE AND FAIR APC PRIMARY, THEY’RE STILL SAD AND ANGRY.

IGBOS HATE TO SEE YORUBAS’ SUCCEEDING IN EVERYTHING. THEY WISHED THE WINNER OF APC IS NORTHERNERS SO THEY CAN HAVE ANOTHER COMPLAIN. IF OSINBAJO HAD WON, THEY WILL BE HERE CALLING HIM NAMES LIKE OSINBADE BUT THEY KNOW HANDLING TINUBU WITH MAJORITY YORUBA FANATICS WILL BE DIFFICULT.

NOW, THEY’RE CRYING. CAN’T WAIT TILL TINUBU GETS CROWNED. WE WILL CLEAN UP OUR SO CALLED LAGOS SLUMS TO REFLECT 21ST CENTURY CITIES. AJEGUNLE, FESTAC, ISOLO, MILE 12, ALABA AND OTHERS.

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by Eriokanmi: 12:17pm On Jun 14, 2022
acorntree:

Ive been a victim. I never pray that incompetent and corrupt people should continue being in government. Nigeria is a danger zone now, almost everyone now is a fraudster , since most believe they can have their way due to our weak justice system. I voted for sowore last election but now I'm thinking of voting for Peter Obi. I'm Yoruba but I've never experienced the evil been perpetrated during this Buhari regime since I was born. This last 7 yrs is just like hell on earth. If Tinubu win next year election , Nigerians should be ready for war or run bec he is embodiment of corruption. Corruption will be at highest level. He can't tackle banditry, kidnapping bec he will only be there to satisfy the Fulani master, as he will be seeking for 2nd term. He never condemn those Fulani atrocities for once. So while will he now tackled their attricities. I pray 2023 election will not split Nigeria sha.
I'm a yorubaman too from Lagos, from one of the former lagos governor's family. If Tinubu wins up to 40% of votes cast next year in Lag, then he's a super man. The outcome of 2019 general election alone in Lagos will give you a hint and insight into what would happen next year here. Despite the election results being massively padded for over a week in 2019, the margin was still very close.

Come to lagos bro and see PVC revolution at play. Youths are now taking their destiny into their hands and thats how it should be. We learnt Tinubu's thugs were seen all over a particular area, dispersing them cos of the massive turnout for pvc registration/pvc collection. He's already feeling jittery. Awon meloo ni awon jaguda fę le danu? Cos same massive turnout is seen in every local government in Lagos, up till this morning in order to beat the inec deadline, though youths have asked inec for extension. Nothing is happening in our hospital in Lagos alone, not to talk of other states yet, they'd be using affordable Healthcare and 4th mainland bridge to campaign here every 4 years during elections. They've started again but we will stop them next year. 2023 will either make or mar Nigeria's existence
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by PJ123: 12:18pm On Jun 14, 2022
ArmaniUhuru:
I laugh so hard when I hear people say tinubu will be president. Is it because he threatened his way to becoming APC’s Presidential Candidate?

We will see how he will come and threaten 200m citizens to vote for him in the general elections.
You have just one vote! There are millions and millions of people voting for Tinubu.
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by Funflipper: 12:29pm On Jun 14, 2022
naijaboy756:
ALl those proposing a muslim muslim ticket want to destroy Nigeria.... At the return of democracy, Power has always rotated between Christians and Muslims..

Now it is not enough that a Muslim wants to continue after Buhari, they are still proposing a Muslim Muslim ticket in a country with equal number of Christians and Muslims.. IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE...

What happens to the traditional worshippers?
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by acorntree(m): 12:37pm On Jun 14, 2022
PJ123:

You have just one vote! There are millions and millions of people voting for Tinubu.

There are also millions of Nigerians who are not voting for Tinubu
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by ABANGWABOI(m): 12:40pm On Jun 14, 2022
Tinubu show Buhari shege for primaries..
Buhari go show am em own shege for main election..
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by thedio(m): 12:49pm On Jun 14, 2022
naijaboy756:
ALl those proposing a muslim muslim ticket want to destroy Nigeria.... At the return of democracy, Power has always rotated between Christians and Muslims..

Thou as a Muslim I don't support a Muslim Muslim ticket. We all know its not fair in a secular state like Nigeria but the fact is those pastors are part of the problem we r facing in this country because of their personal gain.
I read about Bishop Oyedepo outburst about the corruption in Buharis govt and I can't help but smile.
When Jonathan was hobnobbing with him he could not see corruption then,during Obasanjo regime,his neighbour in otta he could not see corruption but when cash stop flowing from PDP Wing his eyes became clear.
They r just creating hatred and dividing us along religious line for their personal gain.
Only Bishop Wale Oke can tell us how much he has made from Gov Seyi Makinde's regime why won't he cry when he has tasted the honey.
They r all after their pocket,I can't wait for Bishop Wale Oke to start campaigning for seyi or criticise the next gov.
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by Minjim: 12:53pm On Jun 14, 2022
Ifi was also disappointed in Buhari in Buhari not being able to put his foot down and endorse Osinbajo. That would have saved us the noises we are hearing from Twitter as If Obi is the only candidate.
I also understand the influence of Tinubu in Apc and among the governors. They must have told Buhari that if he dares it, that will be the end of APC in Nigeria. Tinubu will leave and all his governors and ootsoldier will o with him.
That why I laugh at those saying Atiku will win Tinubu
When Atiku left Pdp did his state governor leave with him? They even became enemies.
Right now, in Nigerian politics today it's quite unfortunate that someone like Tinubu is the most influential politician.
He's greedy an he sees being president has the ultimate prize in his political journey.
Sadly, he's going towin
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by virginchaser(m): 1:02pm On Jun 14, 2022
People are just talking, talking, writing and writing with no result to show. Few things needs to be done to re position the country.
1, Heavy blow on corrupt Nigerians
2, Death penalty on kidnappers, armed robbers and vandals.
3, Re introduction of farm settlements. Youths must be forced to go back to farm.
4, Re structure the country and go back to parliamentary system of government.
5, Regional police.
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by Klington: 1:08pm On Jun 14, 2022
naija4life247:

Your father too is a Nigerian, post his picture, let's see how healthy and handsome he is

Behold your father, your alpha and Omega.

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by Invitationn: 1:34pm On Jun 14, 2022
ovieigho:
Very weak Fulani president just put osinbajo on the spot …

OBJ I hail o!!

What’s even 11 northern governors ?

EFCC will open file for them grin
Buhari is not a dictator again grin
He's now a weak president because he didn't obstruct a democratic process.

What I have learnt in this life more than any other thing is to do you.
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by Ojuntana: 2:42pm On Jun 14, 2022
iwaeda:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/06/14/why-tinubus-victory-is-buharis-defeat/

I totally agree with this post but disagree with the personal attibutes highlighted.

The main fault that Buhari has is his ethnocentrism. He wanted Lawan. The moment that failed, he could not bring himself to pick a southerner to go with. That shows how narrow-minded and ethnically jaundiced he is.

Second fault I see is his inability to nip issues in the bud. The main pusher of southern presidency among those northern governors is none other than El-Rufai who also masterminded the death of the Buni-led CECPC. The truth is though he eventually lost out by seeing Buni come back, his outburst on that occasion should have alerted a smart president to cage him, either by direct confrontation or some other back channels. However, Buhari refused to do anything about the man until he did him in at the primaries. For me, El-Rufai played the role he excels in the most, which is being a spoiler for others and loyal to know one but himself.

The last one is indecision, which I find absolutely shocking for a retired general. It all started from the chairmanship. It is obvious Buhari had no issues with Buni staying on and overseeing the primaries. But he was easily swayed by El-Rufai's coup. But that was not all. While he was meeting with the presidential aspirants to announce his candidate, the northern govs released a communique which countered his plans. Not only that, they leaked it to the press to box him into a corner. That ambush should not have been taken by Buhari. He should have directly ignored the governors and their ambush and called their bluff. When also confronted by the northern govs on the Lawan choice, he was said to have denied. While that denial was understandable, he should have also countered them by choosing a candidate from the south devoid of any list from them. His sudden decision to be neutral was a lame surrender unbefitting of his office.
I'm sure as soon as his tenure is over, everything about him will be forgotten in the party, it will be as though he never existed.

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by trantayo: 2:57pm On Jun 14, 2022
God knows that Tinubu is not religion fantastic and neither he is a tribalistic person. Also, God knows that love exit between Christian in south west and Muslim I south west. Please note God exists where there is love. If you don't want to vote for Tinubu because of Muslim -Muslim ticket, please vote for other party of your choice or better still vote for Mr. Pandora
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by Brushstrokes20: 3:15pm On Jun 14, 2022
Nigeria is cursed with useless bunch of self THIEVES masquerading as leaders undecided
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by DOD88: 3:28pm On Jun 14, 2022
ArmaniUhuru:

Keep on lamenting! So sorry for you, you're still dwelling in delusions. Despite all your negativities against Tinubu and still won the primary, you have not learnt lessons. Very soon in your lamentations, hatred, envy and frustration, you will see Asiwaju being sworn in as the president of Nigeria next year. Wake up to reality! Tinubu is the man of the moments. Asiwaju is God's project to turn Nigeria around. It is hard to kick against the hard brick. It is fruitless exercise to pull down a man God has chosen to honour. Go and learn from Mordecai experience. May God protect Jagaban. May God strengthens him and renew his vigour and health in Jesus name. AMEN!

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by Housing(m): 3:45pm On Jun 14, 2022
Iwaeda Tinubu's win was never Buhari's defeat but your own agony.

All your post justify your agony
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by DOD88: 3:59pm On Jun 14, 2022
Ojuntana:

I totally agree with this post but disagree with the personal attibutes highlighted.

The main fault that Buhari has is his ethnocentrism. He wanted Lawan. The moment that failed, he could not bring himself to pick a southerner to go with. That shows how narrow-minded and ethnically jaundiced he is.

Second fault I see is his inability to nip issues in the bud. The main pusher of southern presidency among those northern governors is none other than El-Rufai who also masterminded the death of the Buni-led CECPC. The truth is though he eventually lost out by seeing Buni come back, his outburst on that occasion should have alerted a smart president to cage him, either by direct confrontation or some other back channels. However, Buhari refused to do anything about the man until he did him in at the primaries. For me, El-Rufai played the role he excels in the most, which is being a spoiler for others and loyal to know one but himself.

The last one is indecision, which I find absolutely shocking for a retired general. It all started from the chairmanship. It is obvious Buhari had no issues with Buni staying on and overseeing the primaries. But he was easily swayed by El-Rufai's coup. But that was not all. While he was meeting with the presidential aspirants to announce his candidate, the northern govs released a communique which countered his plans. Not only that, they leaked it to the press to box him into a corner. That ambush should not have been taken by Buhari. He should have directly ignored the governors and their ambush and called their bluff. When also confronted by the northern govs on the Lawan choice, he was said to have denied. While that denial was understandable, he should have also countered them by choosing a candidate from the south devoid of any list from them. His sudden decision to be neutral was a lame surrender unbefitting of his office.
I'm sure as soon as his tenure is over, everything about him will be forgotten in the party, it will be as though he never existed.
All these perceived mistakes from the president, the party chairman and Aso Rock Cabals, are pointers to God's divine order at play. It is a pointer that Tinubu is God's project to turn Nigeria around. The sudden agreement of the northern governors to back southern candidates as well as their prompt rejection of Buhari's northern choice, is not ordinary. It is being directed by supernatural force in the personality of God Almighty in order to establish his will for Tinubu as the chosen one. A reasonable mind who can discern well will notice that despite all the negative tendencies against Asiwaju from high and mighty as well as the haters and the envious, coupled with his weaknesses and infallibility, Asiwaju is waxing strong and forging ahead. Fear God! It is hard to kick against the brick. It is a fruitless exercise to pull down the man God has chosen to honour. May God protect Jagaban. May God strengthens him and renew his vigour and health in Jesus name. AMEN.
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by Bbbw: 4:34pm On Jun 14, 2022
How
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by fineberry(m): 6:03pm On Jun 14, 2022
You have said it all like absolutely....like totally.....like holistically

I dough my hat boss
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by gotnel: 8:41pm On Jun 14, 2022
Somehow , people will read meanings to which ever way the pendulum swings.
Buhari is a magnanimous leader who allowed the game to play out in a free and fair manner.
If Buhari has tampered with the process, people will be shouting around that he did not allow fairness.
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat by iwaeda: 12:24pm On Jun 15, 2022
Housing:
Iwaeda Tinubu's win was never Buhari's defeat but your own agony.

All your post justify your agony

Vote for your candidate, even if it is baba toshibe, the 50m employer of youth to eat cassava and maize grin grin grin As if this is what Seyi eats grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kwankwaso Visits Ademola Adeleke, Osun State PDP Gubernatorial Candidate / Presidency Disowns Akeredolu Over Planned ‘Marijuana Business’ / Pictures of Atiku groups, supporters decamping to People's Trust in Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.