Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

PDP Committee Recommends Wike As Atiku’s Vice-Presidential Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Committee Recommends Wike As Atiku’s Vice-Presidential Candidate (30229 Views)

Edo Central PDP Committee Adjourns Screening, 2 Aspirants Support Ighodalo / Atiku Jettisons PDP Committee Report, To Pick Okowa As Running Mate / PDP Committee On Emergence Of Elumelu As Minority Leader Most Corrupt; Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Committee Recommends Wike As Atiku’s Vice-Presidential Candidate by AkuYAY: 7:01pm On Jun 14, 2022

Nyesom Wike , Atiku Abubakar and Ifeanyi Okowa
Apanel of opposition politicians has recommended Nyesom Wike as the first option for Atiku Abubakar’s running mate.

The committee on Monday said the Rivers governor as vice-presidential candidate will do better for the ticket than his main challengers, according two sources familiar with the decision.

Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta was recommended as the second-best politician to pair with Mr Abubakar; while Governor Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom was placed third.

Aminu Tambuwal, chairman of PDP Governors’ Forum, endorsed the decision to prioritise Mr Wike on the list of key vice-presidential options for Mr Abubakar, our sources said. Governors, board of trustee members and the national working committee officials made contributions to the list.

“They were recommended based on their individual strength,” a source said.

The running mate option has been a close contest between Messrs Wike and Okowa, who was initially seen as a shoo-in for Mr Abubakar until recently when Mr Wike began showing keen interest.

Mr Abubakar has reportedly promised Mr Okowa the ticket since last year, and when Mr Wike sought the presidential ticket against Mr Abubakar, the choice was deemed easy. But the rivalry became apparent last week when Mr Okowa issued a statement saying only God could stop him from emerging Mr Abubakar’s running mate.

It was not immediately clear whether or not the committee’s decision would prevail. Mr Abubakar has yet to disclose his final decision, and a spokesman did not immediately return a request seeking comments.

There are other panels and think-tanks making recommendations to Mr Abubakar on his running mate choice, Peoples Gazette understands.

The development came more than two weeks after Mr Abubakar was confirmed as the presidential candidate of the main opposition body, clearing the path for a showdown with Bola Tinubu, presidential flagbearer of the ruling All Progressives Congress.
https://gazettengr.com/just-in-pdp-committee-recommends-wike-as-atikus-vice-presidential-candidate/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Committee Recommends Wike As Atiku’s Vice-Presidential Candidate by bluebay(m): 7:06pm On Jun 14, 2022
I go too happy
O

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Committee Recommends Wike As Atiku’s Vice-Presidential Candidate by BENCHOKCONSULT: 7:09pm On Jun 14, 2022
AkuYAY:
There are indications that the South East may have lost out in the battle to produce the running mate to Atiku Abubakar, the Peoples Democratic Party( PDP) Presidential candidate, as committee may have named Nyesom Wike, as his running mate.

The Committee on Atiku’s running mate, BusinessDay gathered voted 16 to 3 votes in favour Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State and runner up to Atiku in the PDP presidential primary.

The committee was earlier given the task to come up with three names for consideration as Atiku Abubakar’s

Continue reading at https://ybtcnews.com/breaking-pdp-recommends-wike-as-running-mate-to-atiku/ | YBTC NEWS

Wike my man. The man wey sabi.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Committee Recommends Wike As Atiku’s Vice-Presidential Candidate by criminalmindz: 7:11pm On Jun 14, 2022
This time na unemployed youths go pray . I pity atiku. Wike is poisoned chalice

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Committee Recommends Wike As Atiku’s Vice-Presidential Candidate by Rastaramsey(m): 7:13pm On Jun 14, 2022
Any attempt to produce a northern as the v.p go jeopardize their chances Wella.....

Wike go gather small votes from the south sef...

Anyway am OBIdient...

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: PDP Committee Recommends Wike As Atiku’s Vice-Presidential Candidate by kenzysmith: 8:36pm On Jun 14, 2022
This wike na fighter ooo

During vp Debate

Anchor: please sir I just ask you a question am not quarrelling with u sir

Wike : Did I said u are quarrelling with me? Am just simply answering your question u thrown at me
Anchor: But u are shouting at me

Wike: Oga are you working for the Apc or what? Answer me Mr man. Why is the questions u throw at me look as if you are attacking me?

130 Likes 8 Shares

Re: PDP Committee Recommends Wike As Atiku’s Vice-Presidential Candidate by b3llo(m): 8:36pm On Jun 14, 2022
Wike is the man if PDP really mean business to take over Government from APC. Let's wait and see who APC will produce to pair with Tinubu.

15 Likes

Re: PDP Committee Recommends Wike As Atiku’s Vice-Presidential Candidate by Gbengajans: 8:36pm On Jun 14, 2022
So PDP has decided to loose this election by playing into the likes of Tinibu and Peter Obi's card ?

Please we Design professional Logo for your Business or Company Letterhead Design for 2k Only

Drop Us Your Company Name:

https://forms.gle/GJAsDbHxBQ4aSExU7

6 Likes

Re: PDP Committee Recommends Wike As Atiku’s Vice-Presidential Candidate by ChangetheChange: 8:36pm On Jun 14, 2022
Yes Wike
Atiku and Wike combo Better Nuclear Missile for APC
South South Block block votes sharply secured for PDP before the elections

16 Likes

Re: PDP Committee Recommends Wike As Atiku’s Vice-Presidential Candidate by babag93: 8:36pm On Jun 14, 2022
As expected.. It will be a foolish move not to, especially with his performance in the primaries and the fact that he is a Christian.

15 Likes

Re: PDP Committee Recommends Wike As Atiku’s Vice-Presidential Candidate by ChangetheChange: 8:36pm On Jun 14, 2022
Wike na man you be
Tsunami and volcanic eruption loading for APC
I am Wikedly Atikulated

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Committee Recommends Wike As Atiku’s Vice-Presidential Candidate by creatorsverse(m): 8:36pm On Jun 14, 2022
With wike, PDP will labour in vain obidiently

21 Likes

Re: PDP Committee Recommends Wike As Atiku’s Vice-Presidential Candidate by Megabig: 8:36pm On Jun 14, 2022
Na the same people… bye

2 Likes

Re: PDP Committee Recommends Wike As Atiku’s Vice-Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 14, 2022
Nice, we need higher madness to cure this madness.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Committee Recommends Wike As Atiku’s Vice-Presidential Candidate by Mumusaphire: 8:36pm On Jun 14, 2022
Good.... Wike will handle security

12 Likes

Re: PDP Committee Recommends Wike As Atiku’s Vice-Presidential Candidate by onthehill: 8:36pm On Jun 14, 2022
Watch how the youths are getting ready for this election - Peter Obi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KDPOX09SW8
Re: PDP Committee Recommends Wike As Atiku’s Vice-Presidential Candidate by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:37pm On Jun 14, 2022
cool
Re: PDP Committee Recommends Wike As Atiku’s Vice-Presidential Candidate by princepee: 8:37pm On Jun 14, 2022
Ok so be it,
But oga muric say him no wan wike,

Wike is strong oo ,, probably stronger than atiku, hope he will not bit atiku s ear while they are at it..
As for me and my family, we are obidently Peter!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Committee Recommends Wike As Atiku’s Vice-Presidential Candidate by Rilwayne001: 8:37pm On Jun 14, 2022
To think South Easterners are one of the most important pillars and pioneers of PDP from inception, more so, they’ve stood solidly behind the party and always voting it enmasse whenever the voting season comes, yet still they’re not considered worthy for the first two positions.

BTW, it’ll be 24years next year that southeast has been licking the boot of their norther counterparts in PDP, with nothing tangible to show for it.

It’s a pity.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Committee Recommends Wike As Atiku’s Vice-Presidential Candidate by SIMONEKPA7: 8:37pm On Jun 14, 2022
Wike the wicked.
He deserves the post. That nigga has been a fighter and rivers state money will do the magic.
Congratulations to PDP

16 Likes

Re: PDP Committee Recommends Wike As Atiku’s Vice-Presidential Candidate by sonature1: 8:37pm On Jun 14, 2022
They just want to pacify Wike

That one go just kill Atiku become president grin

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Committee Recommends Wike As Atiku’s Vice-Presidential Candidate by Aufbauh(m): 8:37pm On Jun 14, 2022
This is what Peter Obi foresaw and chicken out to orphanage party of homeless people.

Wike will take great chunck of SS votes & with his financial war chest will nip SE votes.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Committee Recommends Wike As Atiku’s Vice-Presidential Candidate by SlyIg(f): 8:37pm On Jun 14, 2022
I am PDP but I'll vote Labour Party.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Committee Recommends Wike As Atiku’s Vice-Presidential Candidate by smartval(m): 8:38pm On Jun 14, 2022
Wike the wicked,

Like for wike, share for Orji uzo kalu

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Committee Recommends Wike As Atiku’s Vice-Presidential Candidate by ERockson: 8:38pm On Jun 14, 2022
Tinubu Chance is getting brighter daily

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Committee Recommends Wike As Atiku’s Vice-Presidential Candidate by AnambraPrince: 8:39pm On Jun 14, 2022
grin Everything happening is just working in Tinubu's favor. Firstly, that coward Obi ran to LP, which will divide Southeast votes for PDP, as many igbos will vote Obi since my people are so tribalistic and clannish in nature.

Now, I already knew PDP would choose Wike, because they are afraid of Tinubu, he was not the giant opponent they were hoping for. PDP were praying it would have been Osibanjo, Amaechi or Lawan, people Atiku could defeat easily. But Tinubu is giving PDP sleepless nights. So it just had to be Wike.

But unfortunately for them, Wike is now IPOB public enemy number 1, and most igbos in Southeast align with IPOB, especially after what happened in Rivers when Wike flushed out that terrorists group and dealt a heavy blow on them.

Unfortunately, (and may their souls RIP), there were lots of innocent collateral damage and many innocent igbos were killed cry or maimed in the process. So this combination will further drive Southeast votes away from PDP. With Wike, PDP can't get up to 20% votes in the Southeast, which is a good advantage to Tinubu.

Truly God is with #Cityboy 2023 grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Committee Recommends Wike As Atiku’s Vice-Presidential Candidate by Beremx(f): 8:39pm On Jun 14, 2022
Emperor Wike on the beat grin

2 Likes

Re: PDP Committee Recommends Wike As Atiku’s Vice-Presidential Candidate by tesppidd: 8:39pm On Jun 14, 2022
Only Ikwere people and PDP tax collectors like Wike.
Northerners and Ibos do not like him.

And unfortunately Rivers money will continue to suffer.

30 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pulling Out Parade For Former Chief Of Defence Staff General Lucky Irabor / Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko / Amaechi, His Wife And Children In Family Throwback Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.