Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,904 members, 7,828,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) (85714 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment / Nigeria Musicians Who Have Beefs With Each Other (must see) / Nigeria Musicians Who Influenced Fraudulent Music To The Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by ecolime(m): 6:56pm On Jun 16, 2022
Korede Bello has always been a wack artist IMO or a fluke at best.

The rest did their bits

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by RevolverOcelot(m): 6:56pm On Jun 16, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
Burna Boy is a murderer. He shot 2 people last week while laughing maniacaly and is paying hungry bloggers to post good things about him so this ugly news won't trend.

Burna Boy is a murderer.

Get your facts straight my friend. Na police wey dey guard am open fire. Im not saying Burna isnt guilty of causing the fracas that led his police to shoot. But he didn't pull the trigger. Nonsense talk!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 16, 2022
obembet:
Op the list no complete

Olu maintain
tony Tenula
9ice
Chinwe Ike.. Resonance
Africa China... After crisis.. nothing agai
Djinee.. this one sing ego... And end there.

Who is Tony Tenula?
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 16, 2022
Vaughanlanrewaj:
Azadus and Pretty & Junior

Junior and Pretty since when? Abeg dem no dey this generation. If you're talking about J &P, then Blakky should be on that list too.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 16, 2022
Where is Eldee

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by ppogba: 6:59pm On Jun 16, 2022
I stopped reading at the point where the fella who wrote the epistle said GOD WIN is one of the biggest hit of all time.

Indomie critic

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Tolexander: 7:00pm On Jun 16, 2022
Originality007:

lolz.... longest time bro
grin grin
Thanks bro.

How are you?
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Zelenskyy(m): 7:01pm On Jun 16, 2022
Mr Eazi don suck Otedola Pikin Toto and forget his music career...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by aremz(m): 7:01pm On Jun 16, 2022
The only artist to have fell off and revived their career is wande coal

14 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Whobedatte(m): 7:03pm On Jun 16, 2022
Sean T beat Burna hands down to the next rated that year
Stop capping

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Antoeni(m): 7:03pm On Jun 16, 2022
You made my day
Thank you
Tolexander:
I wanted to mention Portable, but you said musician

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by VeryWickedGoat: 7:04pm On Jun 16, 2022
RevolverOcelot:

Get your facts straight my friend. Na police wey dey guard am open fire. Im not saying Burna isnt guilty of causing the fracas that led his police to shoot. But he didn't pull the trigger. Nonsense talk!

He is an accessory to murder

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by tuzle(m): 7:04pm On Jun 16, 2022
obembet:
Op the list no complete

Olu maintain
tony Tenula
9ice
Chinwe Ike.. Resonance
djinee didn't only sing ego, he sang like two more that did well, over killing and one other one

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by SONofADAM(m): 7:05pm On Jun 16, 2022
Spot on bro...... Phenom was that good with mature ryhms..... Dude just disappeared

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by shadrach77: 7:05pm On Jun 16, 2022
obembet:
Op the list no complete

Olu maintain
tony Tenula
9ice
Chinwe Ike.. Resonance
You forgot to mention Azadus and Alariwo

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by olamilekan9(m): 7:06pm On Jun 16, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
Burna Boy is a murderer. He shot 2 people last week while laughing maniacally and is paying hungry bloggers to post good things about him so this ugly news won't trend.

Burna Boy is a murderer.
where you there when he was murdering the two people?? Una go just open mouth waaaa..fdiot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Aburada: 7:08pm On Jun 16, 2022
Patriotic9ja:

With hard work and vision, you can come back even stronger. Example is Adekunle Gold....
Adekunle Gold never really fell off bro

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Burgerlomo: 7:13pm On Jun 16, 2022
Tolexander:
I wanted to mention Portable, but you said musician

Haaa, is Portable not a musician? Are you mad or something?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by RevolverOcelot(m): 7:14pm On Jun 16, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:

He is an accessory to murder

Thats not what you first said tho. Be calming down. Even this so called acccessory to murder is a reach and you know it. Nothing do Oluwa Burna!
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by ABANGWABOI(m): 7:16pm On Jun 16, 2022
Starboytwo:
I’m still out here looking for “Phenom”

That guy was a very dope arz rapper, just disappeared. I remember he was them mochedda label mate in knighhouse back then(maybe wrong)

I still remember one of his track “murder dem”

I remember the track (New) Bounce ft WiZkid..
Dude murdered it..

I miss Sean Tizzle and Tilaman..
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by liverpudian9(m): 7:16pm On Jun 16, 2022
All did guys are community carnival musician , they have been relegated like stoke city and their career looks like roman pavluchenko that guy that boomed in euro 2012 and scored two goals in Tottenham and was sent back to Russian league grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by excel101(m): 7:18pm On Jun 16, 2022
I beg no dey mention Ruggedman, he's just an acclaimed rapper.
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by nairacitizen(m): 7:21pm On Jun 16, 2022
Don't get it twisted here,it all depends what you want out of life,
Olu maintain is big in the street biz if you know,
Runtown is big in the drug bz,
Yung6ic is also in the street, overseas with his family.
Anny505:
Honourable mention

Runtown

Olu maintain

Yung 6ix

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 16, 2022
Tonero5200:

very spot on!
ice prince own pain me pass.
if somebody Tell me say na so the guy go lost for the music industry turn upcoming I nor go believe.
somebody when dey same rank with wizkid that year.
life sha
Tell me one rapper still making waves in Nigeria apart from those that compromised and started doing Afro-pop like Olamide.

Ice prince didn’t do anything wrong. He just refused to compromise his style. That’s why he as well as others like Mode9 and M.I went the way of the dodo.

The Nigerian masses had a brief flirtation with hip hop but it didn’t last long before they tossed it aside for Afro-pop. That’s why no pure rappers are making it today.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by anungangampu: 7:24pm On Jun 16, 2022
Johnny147147:
Mumu list... Remove Blackface and Ice Prince from that list. Must they sing forever. Artistes with 2 or more smashing albums shouldn't be on that list. Nonsense
Took words out of my mouth. Those two shouldnt be there. They already past their time

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Germi9: 7:25pm On Jun 16, 2022
Anny505:
Honourable mention

Runtown

Olu maintain

Yung 6ix

Runtown is doing well na haba!!
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by chorinurholla: 7:29pm On Jun 16, 2022
This don't really sit well to an extent because if we are looking at who all round success, Mr Eazi is one of the most successful musician out there today (yes, some might say otedola's influence, no energy to argue that), but if we look closely into these artistes other dealings and moves, one would see that Eazi is actually a mile afar from many Nigerian artiste which i would attribute to him been a smart and intelligent person. But like your post title suggests 'Fame', you may get away with your context. Not sure big music moguls care much about fame when compared to all round success, likes of Jay Z would careless about fame and rather make the next billion dollar, thats the mental space i see someone like Eazi is operating on And for other artiste, we can't say what is going on for them, it might not just be music. Another example is T-pain, dude makes more money playing video games now than his music, so to each his own, when we see fame, these guys may be seeing peace & success.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by obontami: 7:29pm On Jun 16, 2022
Starboytwo:
I’m still out here looking for “Phenom”

That guy was a very dope arz rapper, just disappeared. I remember he was them mochedda label mate in knighhouse back then(maybe wrong)

I still remember one of his track “murder dem”

I still like phenom till date. He got mad flows-- the metaphors, punchlines and wordplay are fuccking crazy.

He made MI abaga looks like trash on that song; six foot, seven foot.

I've heard 3 of his new singles. Dude is going pop, and that shit sounds like crap. He should still stick to rap shit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by blaquebelle: 7:30pm On Jun 16, 2022
Korede Bello had other hits like do like that, roma romantic.
Joezinho:
* Korede Bello never had talent. After dropping "Godwin" Korede has been barren like HumbleSmith..

* Blackface remains one of the most talented artist ever...Dude wrote almost all the songs Plantashun boiz had in their first album..Dunno what happened to him...

* Ice murdered his own career. He was one of the pioneers of new school hiphop but he delved into party jams...

* Lil kesh is just a talentless mofo..

* Mr eazi is the worst of them all. He used his mouth to end his career by saying Ghanaian music influenced Nigerian music.
The clown should have gone down on his knees and apologize to every music lover in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by obontami: 7:33pm On Jun 16, 2022
Tifesingz:
This is not about handling fame or all that bs.. music requires a lot of money for promotion and all that, the only thing that’s making them relevant is the help of label with money for promotion and all, the moment they stop being the label favourite or the end of their contract, they appear irrelevant because there’s no money to push the music lifestyle anymore.

Another point is the royalties, we have a lot of artistes that are raking millions of streams monthly without being popular on the media space like that.

So if an artist stop being popular in this modern age, it doesn’t mean they are broke or not cashing out.

Music business ehn, the more you see, the less you know.

All you typed up there are straight facts.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria / List Of All Radio Stations In Lagos / FREE 9ja Beats R&B Beats Hip Hop instrumentals For Your Songs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.