Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Weight Loss: Let's Be Accountable To One Another - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Weight Loss: Let's Be Accountable To One Another (2722 Views)

Experienced Pregnancy Loss? Trying Again After Pregnancy Loss? Let's Meet Here / Married Without Kids, It's Time, Let's Be Hopeful. If U Believe In God Claim It. / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Weight Loss: Let's Be Accountable To One Another by nikinash(f): 10:02am On Feb 22, 2006
are you trying to lose weight? well it is much easier when you have a support group, so this is nairaland's special support group for those trying to lose weight.

lets us know the following:
sex
present weight
target weight (based on your BMI)
exercise plan
eating plan
target time to lose the weight.

so lets go cheesy
Re: Weight Loss: Let's Be Accountable To One Another by nikinash(f): 10:17am On Feb 22, 2006
ok so i'll go first

sex: f
present weight: 194.92lb or 88.6kg
target weight based on BMI: 149.6lb or 68kg
present BMI (i frgot to add that and you can calculate this from this link http://www.caloriesperhour.com: 29.5
exercise plan: treadmill for 10 mins for starters once a week
i did buy an abshaper last christmas so i will try to be consistent with it 10 mins for starters daily
steppers 10 mins daily
aerobics once a week for 20 mins
eating plan: i am going to try low carb this time around and try really hard to stick to it, as eat mostly proteins always, one does not need all that carb if you don't do much other than a desk job really
target time to lose the weight: since am trying ot lose 20kgs, i will want to lose in in 6months, so by july i expect to be at my ideal weight or at least near it.
Re: Weight Loss: Let's Be Accountable To One Another by nikinash(f): 10:24am On Feb 22, 2006
water is very essential to this challenge. you must try to drink at least 8 cups every day. you will eb amazed at the reult, not only will you lose weigth, you will feel better too. i try to keep a filled bottle on my desk always, and i consciuosly try to drink at least 8 cups a day.
Re: Weight Loss: Let's Be Accountable To One Another by Seun(m): 10:30am On Feb 22, 2006
What you're doing on this thread is inspiring. Keep it up! Unfortunately, my own challenge is more along the lines of weight and muscle gain! wink
Re: Weight Loss: Let's Be Accountable To One Another by nikinash(f): 10:40am On Feb 22, 2006
thanks seun. well, i don't know but you could try eat more and exercise less! grin

Sometimes life does get busy and we can't get to the gym. That doesn't mean that you can't workout. There's probably lots that you are doing at the gym that you could do at home. Even for twenty minutes. Like those bicep curls, tricep curls, crunches, squats.
Re: Weight Loss: Let's Be Accountable To One Another by nikinash(f): 11:10am On Feb 22, 2006
For you trying to lose weight remember just exercising or just eating right is not going to cut it. It has to be a combination of the two. Remember calories in must be less than calories out to lose weight.
Re: Weight Loss: Let's Be Accountable To One Another by Xinfu(f): 4:28pm On Feb 22, 2006
I really want to loose weight before I go to china for the first time to meet my husbands family and wed again, But I want to be skinny but nice skinny. I'm to stupid to know how much I weigh and how much I want to loose, I can fit in size 14 jeans, not to bad but I really wanna be fit lol, erm can you help me? I'm going to a club called fitness soon to see if that will help if i'm weighed i will tell you how mych I weigh smiley
Re: Weight Loss: Let's Be Accountable To One Another by nikinash(f): 5:20pm On Feb 22, 2006
what is ur height? get on a scale and check what it says, that would be your present weigh but we can get your ideal weight range with you height and it is possible to tone up before meeting them.
Re: Weight Loss: Let's Be Accountable To One Another by desiree(f): 9:24pm On Feb 22, 2006
Kay, I'm not trying to loss weight right now but i gained 1 stone over Christmas and manage to loss it in one month. grin My friends do come to me regularly for advice on how to gain muscle tone and lose weight. I don't go to the gym but manage to invent my own home made work out regime.
Re: Weight Loss: Let's Be Accountable To One Another by abuguy64(m): 12:36am On Feb 23, 2006
I weigh 110 kg. Want to loose 20kg(at first).Target is 6months. Have started alternate day exercises-climbing stairs,regular works. Hope to start cycling as soon as my body adjusts. Dietary control is a bit tough,as am not very much in control of what I get to eat.
Check the following websites: http://www.beliefet.com/healthhandhealing/getcontent.aspx?cid=2107 (or simply search for beliefnet:health and healing),and http://www.webmd.com.
Lots of articles on health isssues including weight loss.
There is no simple answer,no magi formula.
It needs hard work,and a support group is a great idea.
Kudos to you Nikinash!
Re: Weight Loss: Let's Be Accountable To One Another by nikinash(f): 8:21am On Feb 23, 2006
abuguy64 what is your height? its important to know so that you are within the proper weight range for your body. a lot of people just want to lose weight for losing wieght's sake. we dont want you being skinny now do we? grin

Kay, I'm not trying to loss weight right now but i gained 1 stone over Christmas and manage to loss it in one month. My friends do come to me regularly for advice on how to gain muscle tone and lose weight. I don't go to the gym but manage to invent my own home made work out regime.

so share those workout tips gilr wink

i keep a bottle of water by my bedside and drink often so i can get at least 8 cups everyday. you may go to the loo often but hey, it helps to flush out all unwanted toxins from your body and you lose weight faster wink
Re: Weight Loss: Let's Be Accountable To One Another by abuguy64(m): 1:36pm On Feb 23, 2006
Hey Nikinash,thanks for asking. Am grossly overweight believe me! Am 5 7inch in height.BMI is > 30!
No chance of me ever being skinny-I can't remember ever being tiny except in Secondary school,and even then, I was bigger than lots of others.
for some years I was able to control my weight at 85 to 92kg.But in the last 5years,I  have increasingly become more sedentary,and less active.My present job and abode means more time sitting down and less exercise. I can imagine the stare and horror!of a heavy black guy jogging on the streets of Quetta!! I get mugged when walking from home to office,and back,and that is just a 10 minute walk in a "safe" estate. However,am begining to discover things I can do that do not cause me severe lower back pain(whch I guess is due to the weight!)
Re: Weight Loss: Let's Be Accountable To One Another by gbenga9ja(m): 2:36pm On Feb 23, 2006
Different strokes for different folks, i am desperately trying to put on more weight to look much more good and here are people trying to come down and shed some ponds of flesh, na wa o, if only you guys can put those flesh and transfer them to me, i'll be so happy, not every gurl luvs a lepa, especially when ur gurl tells u to put on more weight sha.
Re: Weight Loss: Let's Be Accountable To One Another by nikinash(f): 3:49pm On Feb 23, 2006
Different strokes for different folks, i am desperately trying to put on more weight to look much more good and here are people trying to come down and shed some ponds of flesh, na wa o, if only you guys can put those flesh and transfer them to me, i'll be so happy, not every girl luvs a lepa, especially when your girl tells u to put on more weight sha.
grin grin grin

Hey Nikinash,thanks for asking. Am grossly overweight believe me! Am 5 7inch in height.BMI is > 30!
No chance of me ever being skinny-I can't remember ever being tiny except in Secondary school,and even then, I was bigger than lots of others.
for some years I was able to control my weight at 85 to 92kg.But in the last 5years,I have increasingly become more sedentary,and less active.My present job and abode means more time sitting down and less exercise. I can imagine the stare and horror!of a heavy black guy jogging on the streets of Quetta!! I get mugged when walking from home to office,and back,and that is just a 10 minute walk in a "safe" estate. However,am begining to discover things I can do that do not cause me severe lower back pain(whch I guess is due to the weight!)

when you do sedentary jobs its more advisable to eat less carb cos you dont use it!
Re: Weight Loss: Let's Be Accountable To One Another by desiree(f): 12:41am On Feb 24, 2006
I went on the Special-K diet, 2 bowls of Kellogg's special K in a day and one large meal in between(preferably Lunch). I eat lots of fruits during the day, drink at least 1 litre of water and skip for half an hour everyday. I know this might sound extreme and not recommended for everyone, but it works for me.
Re: Weight Loss: Let's Be Accountable To One Another by nikinash(f): 4:23pm On Feb 27, 2006
wow desiree is that at all healthy?

anyways been drinking my water and felt better than i have been in a while. i used to be unable to stomach water very early in the morning, but its been getting much easier.
Re: Weight Loss: Let's Be Accountable To One Another by Outkast(f): 4:16pm On Feb 28, 2006
I think it is that is the whole special k diet thing, I'm a little scared of posting my business but I've lost 35 pounds by eliminating rice,bread(if you can't whole grain) and every starchy food.
The problem is, My body's got used to it and I'm not loosing anymore.
Eating more fish(protein, good when bodybuilding)
My biggest prob is my arms
Re: Weight Loss: Let's Be Accountable To One Another by nikinash(f): 4:36pm On Feb 28, 2006
wow 35 pound is good. the thing is your metabolism has probably slowed down which happens a lot with weight loss, maybe you should just trying toning now.
Re: Weight Loss: Let's Be Accountable To One Another by vickybabe(f): 12:11am On Mar 01, 2006
wow, i went to the websites, i was speechless, all that was said was true, concerning weightloss.
Re: Weight Loss: Let's Be Accountable To One Another by vickybabe(f): 12:15am On Mar 01, 2006
okay,
        take me for instance, when i was in high school, i use to be skinny but not 2 skinny. now i am in college, i am medium, we went on christmas break and all of a sudden everybody is saying am too fat.

sex: f
weight: 120

you think am too fat like that !!!!!!!!!l ook at my profile picture, i took it in may 2005
Re: Weight Loss: Let's Be Accountable To One Another by Outkast(f): 4:40am On Mar 01, 2006
@vicky, omo, If I was your weight I'd be happy, you're absolutely not FAT
Re: Weight Loss: Let's Be Accountable To One Another by nikinash(f): 9:33am On Mar 01, 2006
your good weight will be dependent on your height not what people think. wink
Re: Weight Loss: Let's Be Accountable To One Another by nikinash(f): 4:50pm On Mar 01, 2006
The amount you exercise has a direct effect on your health as well as the way you look. Calories in = calories out. Burn off what you eat and you won’t put on weight!
wink
Re: Weight Loss: Let's Be Accountable To One Another by Outkast(f): 4:50pm On Mar 01, 2006
true
Re: Weight Loss: Let's Be Accountable To One Another by nikinash(f): 4:54pm On Mar 01, 2006
make an exercise plan
Don’t just jump out of bed one morning and start running

Sit down and make a realistic plan, consider what you do already. Use a diary to make a note of the details.
Adopt a gradual approach: set mini goals to help achieve your ultimate goal. e.g. Week 1, two sessions. Week 2, three sessions. And so on.
Plan to review your progress after (e.g.) one month
DofH recommend at least 30 mins of moderate physical activity at least 5 times a week and can include 3×10 minute chunks of activity. This includes gardening and house work, so ironing and vacuuming can get you fit!
Whatever you choose to do ensure you have the right equipment for your safety and comfort
Re: Weight Loss: Let's Be Accountable To One Another by Outkast(f): 4:56pm On Mar 01, 2006
Skipping meals doesn't work either. We're supposed to have 5 meals a day, not heavy meals. Your supposed to eat snacks in between the basic lunch breakfast and dinner, when you do that you're not as hungry and you eat less. The body needs energy, food. Keep a diary of what you're eating. Cut down the rations of your food.
Re: Weight Loss: Let's Be Accountable To One Another by nikinash(f): 4:58pm On Mar 01, 2006
extremely true outkast, eat smaller more frequent meals than 3 large ones.

find a partner (exercise partner i mean!) kiss
Exercising on your own requires huge self-discipline. Make it easier for yourself by finding a friend or neighbour to exercise with. This could be arranging to go for a walk a few times a week or, if you have a dog, meeting up with other dog walkers.

Alternatively, or in addition, join an exercise class that is right for you: swimming, bowls, badminton, whatever you most enjoy. But don't allow yourself to be pushed into something that is too strenuous too soon
Re: Weight Loss: Let's Be Accountable To One Another by nikinash(f): 5:00pm On Mar 01, 2006
Having some breakfast is better than having none at all, so don’t skip it!
Re: Weight Loss: Let's Be Accountable To One Another by nikinash(f): 5:05pm On Mar 01, 2006
A healthy breakfast should include as many of the main food groups as possible.

Wholegrain cereals, bread or bagels give you energy from carbohydrates and fill you up.
Grab fruit or a fruit juice for vitamins and minerals. This can count towards your target in a day.
Milk, low fat cheese or yoghurts provide calcium, vitamins and other minerals.
Protein will come from dairy, eggs, meat, fish or pulses.
Re: Weight Loss: Let's Be Accountable To One Another by nikinash(f): 5:06pm On Mar 01, 2006
It’s not necessary to join a gym, an exercise club or sign up for a marathon to get more active. You can get fit anywhere even in the privacy of your own room. Here's how many calories (kcal) you'll burn off doing household chores per 30 minute session

Vacuuming — between 75 and 125 depending how vigorous you are!
Making beds — 70
Cooking — 40–50
Raking leaves — 110
Lawn mowing — between 150 and 225 depending on how much you have to push it!
30 minutes of sleeping, by comparison will burn just 25 – 30 calories. grin
Re: Weight Loss: Let's Be Accountable To One Another by nikinash(f): 5:09pm On Mar 01, 2006
Once your house and garden are in shape, here's approximately how many calories are used on other activities per 30 minute session

Gentle Walking — 60–75
Fast Walking — 210–240
Badminton (singles) — 175
Golf (if you carry your clubs!) — 180
Jogging — 175–250
Re: Weight Loss: Let's Be Accountable To One Another by vickybabe(f): 8:59pm On Mar 01, 2006
as for me, breakfast makes me sick and then i have a bad day of going to the restroom all the time, so my earliest meal is around 1pm, and that will probably and most of the tome subway sandwiches then maybe some form of fiber for dinner, (cereal) and whole grain snack,

still they say am fat

(1) (2) (Reply)

About 110,000 Lagosians Tested Positive To Hiv / 7 Pimple Scar Removal Techniques / Has Anyone Here Tried Traditional Fertility Treatment? Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.